Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:25 am
All times are UTC + 0
Best Cyborg barrack contest 2006
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Who do you think should have won?(does not affect score in any way)
Lin Kuei Ominae
72%
 72%  [ 57 ]
Stingerr
27%
 27%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 79

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:  Best Cyborg barrack contest 2006
Subject description: Official mini contest here at PPM
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Best Cyborg barrack contest 2006

And the winner is...
Lin Kuei Ominae!!

1st Place goes to Lin Kuei Ominae, with his fantastic Cyborg Factory!

2nd Place goes to Stingerr, with his brilliant Terminator Barracks!

And those were the only two submissions we got! Razz

Both our submittants deserve a very big well done, for some absolutely incredible shp entries, both original, high quality and nicely detailed designs!

Check below for the comments and judging for both of their entries!

Lin Kuei Ominae's Barrack

Stingerr's barrack

cybpile_stingerr.zip
 Description:
Stingerr's barrack

Download
 Filename:  cybpile_stingerr.zip
 Filesize:  125.77 KB
 Downloaded:  953 Time(s)

LKOCybBar.zip
 Description:
LIn Kuei Ominae's barrack

Download
 Filename:  LKOCybBar.zip
 Filesize:  168.75 KB
 Downloaded:  1168 Time(s)

Last edited by Denmon on Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:11 pm; edited 7 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Denmon
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exclamation Stingerrs Submission Exclamation
~Overall Design
Quality - 4
Originality - 10
Suitability - 10
24/30

~Animations
Quality - 4
Originality - 6
Suitability - 5
15/30

~Build Up
Quality - n/a
Originality - n/a
Suitability - n/a
0/30

~Damaged Stage
Quality - 7
Originality - 9
Suitability - 9
25/30

Note: Remaps are only showed during it's damage anim and that was a big minus for it's Overall design Quality

Final score - 64/120

Exclamation Lin Kuei Ominae's Submission Exclamation

~Overall Design
Quality - 9
Originality - 10
Suitability - 8
27/30

~Animations
Quality - 10
Originality - 10
Suitability - 8
28/30

~Build Up
Quality - 7
Originality - 4
Suitability - 8
19/30

~Damaged Stage
Quality - 5
Originality - 4
Suitability - 7
16/30

Final score - 90/120

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exclamation Stingerrs Submission Exclamation
~Overall Design
Quality - 8
Originality - 10
Suitability - 10
28/30

Well I think we can all say the design rocked, and I know some people saw it earlier, when a preview was released.
Terminator theme, but it worked. It fitted in well with the other CABAL buildings, with the same theme and detail level fitting in very nicely with the other buildings.
Some general remap would have been nice too, which reduced its suitablitiy and quality a bit.

~Animations
Quality - 7
Originality - 5
Suitability - 7
19/30

The animations were basic (and I'm pretty sure the first one was the Hand of Nod animation) but they worked, and were a similar style to those found on the previous CABAL buildings, so they worked nicely.
One animation also had a damaged stage, which was good, and was also the only appearance of remap on the entire building.

~Build Up
Quality - n/a
Originality - n/a
Suitability - n/a
0/30

No build up included.

~Damaged Stage
Quality - 7
Originality - 8
Suitability - 9
24/30

The damaged stage was good, and also included one of the animations in damaged form.

Final score - 71/120

Exclamation Lin Kuei Ominae's Submission Exclamation
~Overall Design
Quality - 8
Originality - 10
Suitability - 8
26/30

The design is more factory based than most Barracks seen in CNC, but then again, a "Cyborg Barracks" it is more of a factory than a barracks in general Wink.
The design is very original, active and looks good. It fits in well with the other CABAL buildings, and has a nice amount of remap and a good colour scheme.
I did feel however that it was a bit on the large scale for what would normally considered a small starting building.
I particularly liked how the exit was located in precisely the right spot, this is normally harder to come by if you don't count for it in your initial design, as you cannot manually set the exit point.

~Animations
Quality - 9
Originality - 10
Suitability - 10
29/30

The animations wow.. where do you begin? This is one of the most active buildings I've seen, and its brilliant. A true production line style factory. You have a conveyor belt going on in the right-hand-side of the building, a sweeping light in the glass door in the middle, as well as a plasma-ball style electrical arm anim going on in the Epcot Dome. The highlight anim though, has to be the the guy coming up from the door in the floor, pinned down, with robotic arms coming off from the side, and removing the guys head off, before then dumping the body. A brilliant little animation that. A lot of fun!
Also to note, is the laser fence at the front is animation, which flickers nicely when damaged, and also the posts have the traditional laser fence post animations.

~Build Up
Quality - 8
Originality - 9
Suitability - 9
26/30

A very nice build up. The one thing I didn't like was the Epcot dome starting off flat and then just blowing up, and thats what mostly took off the points for me. The rest of the build up animation was great, with the main building parts shaping up nicely, the cables and the tubes all building up. Very nicely made.

~Damaged Stage
Quality - 9
Originality - 8
Suitability - 9
26/30

The damaged stage was very good and nicely detailed, with some of the animations also having damaged stages, including the laser fence which I really liked.

Final score - 107/120

Overall, I was a bit disappointed that we only had two submissions, but then, the quality of the two we got, were fantastic.
Obviously Quality and not Quantity is the winner here #Tongue

Stingerr's design I really liked. It lost out quite a bit, but I think that was due to the lack of a build up. A few more animations, some remap and I'd love it completely.
I don't know what it is with Cut-n-Paste jobs, some people say its tacky and poor, but if done properly, like this one, its sometimes the only way new buildings actually fit ingame, and look like WW style buildings.

Lin Kuei Ominae's design was brilliant. The colour scheme fitted in perfectly, and the detail put into the building was brilliant. The animations really brought this building to life, and I think that is, without a doubt, what made this one the winner, but the whole model in my opinion was very well made, from the doorway next to the exit-location, to the detail of the build up and the detail put into the damaged stage.

Both entries look like a lot of effort was put into them, and are of a very high quality. I think both of our submittants deserve a very well done, for some incredible artwork put forward today!

Cyb-Stingerr.jpg
 Description:
Stingerr's Submission
 Filesize:  107.08 KB
 Viewed:  24968 Time(s)

Cyb-Stingerr.jpg

Cyb-Lin.jpg
 Description:
Lin Kuei Ominae's Submission
 Filesize:  109.24 KB
 Viewed:  24968 Time(s)

Cyb-Lin.jpg

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I prefere Stingerr's because more work went into it i think.

Still, well done to both.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, thank you. Very Happy Surprised Very Happy *need a better smilie to show my happy feeling*

Even with only two submissions, it makes me still more happy to win against such a great barrack Stingerr sent in. I think it was closer than you pointed out, due to the great idea and graphical style Stingerr's Barrack has.

Again thank you, and of course my building should be used from everyone who wants to, so should i upload it or does this a mod do here?

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think its clear to say a lot of work went into both of the entries.

Stingerr's appears more impressive in a still image, but when you see the animations of Lin Kuei Ominae's one, you'll see why it got there.

Thinking about it, Stingerr's reminds me of a clay model I did at school once.. although it was borg themed, it looked similar with the cables coming out of its neck.. I'll have to get a picture of it sometime.

Hopefully we'll have the downloads of these done soon for you guys to have.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:/ I like stingerr's one..

And who put high scores to Originality and Suitability for Lin Kuei Ominae's Submission???!!! Totaly disagree!

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The suitability go to the animations and factory feel for the Lin Kuei Ominae's submission. I'll have to get a preview of the animations to show it..

And you weren't a judge #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must see all the animations and build-ups, otherwise I wont say a word about them...but I do like the Stringerrs building's outfit more, sry Lin...

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, Stingerrs building reminds me of Yuri's barracks...
While Lin's is just fantasticly originall - never seen a barracks like that before.

Anyways, download?

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe Smile Congrats Lin. You deserved it Cool

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, stingerrs looked more TSish and thats why he got a jackpot on that while Lin got 8.

Please note that the scores are final. I'll upload both entries in this topic. Check the first post.

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice work, they work fine in ra2 to Very Happy

soader
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

both wikid, nothing more you can say, just brilliant

Dark Shadow 750
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if anyone else has found this but I can't get Lin Kuei Ominae's one to show up. I used the code provided, place the shps in expand02 ( that didnt work), placed them in Ecache02 (that didnt work ), and placed the loss in the directory ( that didnt work ).

DCoder wrote:
people tell me I'm wrong when I say the world is getting dumber.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dark Shadow 750 wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has found this but I can't get Lin Kuei Ominae's one to show up. I used the code provided, place the shps in expand02 ( that didnt work), placed them in Ecache02 (that didnt work ), and placed the loss in the directory ( that didnt work ).

1)SHP amd it's animations go to ecache.
2)As you sai, add the rules to wel... rules.ini
3)Are you sure what you have added barracks to the building list? It's a mistake made quiet often.

Dark Shadow 750
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) it's in all three, tried Ecache first
2) Added almost exactly as said
3) Yes

DCoder wrote:

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you create an Art.ini entry?
Post up the codes you're using. Delete the Barracks' files from the directory and the Expand##, and just leave them in the Ecache##.mix.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also please make sure that the entrys are at the right point in the inis.
Don't just add them at the end! Put in rules.ini the main building code to the other buildings, e.g. before [GAKODK]
in art.ini too, place the main code before [GAKODK]

e.g. if you place in art.ini the code after the [MOVIES] section the game won't use it, thus you can't see it ingame.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I put all my new infantry/vehicles/aircrafts/weapons/projectiles/particles/warheads/"voxel debries" at the end of the Rules.ini without any problems as long as I put them in their lists (the lists is the ones that comes after the "Combat and damage rules" section in the Rules.ini)

However you must place them before the [MOVIES] section in the art.ini or they wont be read properly (I put mine at the top of the Art.ini)

Dark Shadow 750
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I put it just above/underneath [GAPILE]

DCoder wrote:

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

am i the only one that thinks stingers looks a shit load like the Terminator cyborgs?

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THE Protagonist wrote:

2nd Place goes to Stingerr, with his brilliant Terminator Barracks!

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, haha didn't read that . but yeah, how come he got high originality from everyone?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, they're both really nice designs

/gravedug topic #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

St0rm
Laser Commando

Location: eating cheese sticks at my new laptop, getting constipated

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that Stinger should've won. I don't get what the big orb is on LKO's barracks. It actually should look like a factory seeing as cyborgs are made on assembly lines. The most simplistic should win. (opinion)

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This competition is about 3 years old, no point debating now it won't change anything, just let the thread die already.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when is the next cyborg barracks competition? (or cyborg war factory Wink )

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We will never have another cyborg barracks competition. Ever.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never say never.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This topic has had enough digging up Mad

CKeen666
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good, the Terminator one reminds me of yuri's revenge a bit.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon