Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Prophecy
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [103 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:  The Prophecy
Subject description: Dead mod...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ux2RulesCreater and I have joined forces to create this Total Conversion named "The Prophecy" for Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge. Our mod revolves around an object known as The Prophecy which is thought to be a lost Chapter of the Bible that holds the key to assuring your way into heaven. Currently the mod is still in it's infancy so anything posted here could change over the course of it's production.

Story So Far....
2000 years ago a Temple on the Island of Lira-catu was unearthed, in the center sat a book written in a unknown language. To our people it is seen as the written testament of God. Telling us how to live our lives for the better, but it has never been successfully translated. All three Providences of Bakras posses a different translation of it, and in turn a different view of how to live our lives. For centuries it has been the center of our most critical debates, but never lead to a war. Santaria has recently translated a passage in it that claims that the only true way into heaven is to prove yourself. Since then Santaria has broken itself from the rest of Bakras. We fear they are preparing to go through with the "Cleansing" which in their translation is a war to become the dominating religion on the planet. All we can do now is wait and see if our fears will become our reality.

Current faction

The Fyrian Chaos
- Fyr is the northest country on Bakras. Being extremely cold and the Most resource filled portion of the planet. Their military units are physically superior than the others, and their income is slightly higher. They read from the Prophecy Chaotica which details ways to manage electricity. In turn they have a slightly higher power output, and the utilization of electricity in almost all weapons.

The Santarian Holy Axe: Santaria is the Westmost country on Bakras. Possessing wide open pastures and crystal clear lakes. They have managed to keep it so clean due to their advances in Solar Power as detailed in the Prophecy Diviniya. The Prophecy Diviniya also details in Augmentation, all of their armed forces are cybernetic making them much more endurant.

Current Features...
Nothing official at this time. If you would like to see anything please post it. We value the input from the community and would be happy to listen.

Last edited by Cadre on Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:36 am; edited 3 times in total

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the Terran Alliance Barracks. I know haven't textured it yet but I saw the need for at least one picture.

Terran Alliance Barracks
Special:
Garrison able by 4 soldiers that can shoot from the bunker on top.

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CENTARIAN

The Centarian is the basic soldier for the holy axe, its weapon is a double barrel automatic machine gun in its left arm, what it lacks in speed it makes up for in defense, with almost twice the normal defense for a soldier.

CHEIMEREAS

The cheimereas is the basic armored unit for the holy axe its weapons are two 100mm cannons attached to each of its arms, and for more fire power it deploys into a gun turret defense which makes it a good attacker and a good defender.

[EDITED] for spelling reasons

Last edited by THE Protagonist on Mon May 22, 2006 9:36 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look quite good. You need to work on your spelling though #Tongue

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

true dat Very Happy

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This may be out of character, but I have to say Ux2, for an amateur, you're showing something decent. The rendering of the infantry can use some touching up though. I'm talking about having the unit properly centered so when it rotates, it's feet don't slide on the ground. By the end of this mod, you will be much better with 3D, and hopefully spelling. ^_^;

Surprisingly, your idea is mostly (Bunker buildings? I wonder where you got that idea from Rolling Eyes) original and makes use of your recently learned Gmax knowledge. With the help of Cadre I'm sure this will be a unique mod.

I congratulate you on not creating another Future/Past/Realistic mod. I really hate them.

Icy out...

Last edited by IcySon55 on Thu May 25, 2006 4:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! IcySon55 said something nice about our mod. Oh I'm gonna kick it into high gear now. I just downloaded a new 3d modeling program to see if it works better for what I'm doing. So it's gonna take time for my next model to be showcase worthy.

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

w00t!

RA2FREAK
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that sound amazing!

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What sounds amazing?

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

update new mechborg walk

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, but he looks like he's got a corn cob up his butt. You might want to work on that before you work on the next model. Also how would one activate normals in the Voxel Viewer? I looked around it for fifteen minutes and couldn't figure it out.

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uh i dont know

RA2FREAK
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this mod sounds amazing! hey Ux2 or Cadre if u need me for anything, let me know Very Happy

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

<~*OLD*~~~~~~ NEW~>

is the new one good?

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much better.

RA2FREAK
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ux2 did u make that on Gmax?

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep

RA2FREAK
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damnit.... i wish i could figure out stuff like that Mad

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The evolvement of something good? ..

UX2 cameo update would suit the quality of the mod there is potential ...

The mod reminds me of Command & Conquer Twisted Malice and a bit of Da Vinci Code too but meh at least it ain't futuristic, realism mod.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Cheimeras is good , but i don't like the barracks.

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
UX2 cameo update would suit the quality of the mod there is potential...

that reminds me i forgot to post the cameos Very Happy

cameos.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.02 KB
 Viewed:  16960 Time(s)

cameos.PNG

Last edited by THE Protagonist on Tue May 23, 2006 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ux2 might I suggest you design a crest for the Holy Axe and make an avi from it. Like my current avi is the rough draft of the Terran Alliances crest.

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i will do that

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You might want the cheimereus to lean forward a bit more while walking - at the moment it look almost as though it is sitting down.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

made the avy Smile

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
This may be out of character, but I have to say Ux2, for an amateur, you're showing something decent. The rendering of the infantry can use some touching up though. I'm talking about having the unit properly centered so when it rotates, it's feet don't slide on the ground. By the end of this mod, you will be much better with 3D, and hopefully spelling. ^_^;

I congratulate you on not creating another Future/Past/Realistic mod. I really hate them.

*Bow*

*Nods*

Keep up the good work Wink

I'm not too keen on that Centarian cameo, but I like the Chimerian one slightly, but both are keen for a bit of extra work if you know what I mean.

Twilus
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, i don't really like how the chimera walks, but i think i heard fomr somewhere that garrisoning infantry inside barracks or some other buildings has bugs. I liek the idea about these units and buildings.

PS: I remember the centarion form somewhere

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a little update/note: im gonna have everything on my side shps cause they look alot better and are easyer to make Smile

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alteceast wrote:
Eh, i don't really like how the chimera walks, but i think i heard fomr somewhere that garrisoning infantry inside barracks or some other buildings has bugs. I liek the idea about these units and buildings.

PS: I remember the centarion form somewhere

Cylon Centurion? #Tongue

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elerium-155 wrote:
Cylon Centurion #Tongue

whats that?

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From the movie Battlestar Gallactica.

BTW, Cebturion Siege Crawler anyone?

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad my name wasint based on them ive never even seen that show Sad

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EXLANCEUSE

The Exlanceuse is an assault a.p.c. with amphibious abilities, making it an excellent flanking unit as shown in this example where I sent a few cheimereas
Out to distract the enemy leaving an opining at the back of the base where a defenseless con yard awaited its destruction Smile
p.s. sorry i saved the files as jpegs so they are blurry.

screens.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.87 KB
 Viewed:  16869 Time(s)

screens.JPG

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Exclnceuse look's good , but maybe more details?

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadowless SHP vehicles!? O_o

Please, gawd no.....

Last edited by IcySon55 on Thu May 25, 2006 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
RA2FREAK
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more detail

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF I thought it was a voxel....

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as i said before im making all my units as shps for graphical reasons, and i know it still needs work most of the stuff i post are uncomplete models, although in detail i dont think im realy gonna shange it that much cause its ment to look like that, i had a swim animation so it changes to like a floatin thing but the stupid art ini doesent let unit shps have one Sad

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're telling me detail is better than units properly driving on ramps? They look STUPID on ramps when they're SHP. Except for 2 legged walkers. You better rethink that strategy, or at least give them proper shadows. Confused

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i suck at vxls realy bad, like i cant make one good looking thing
, i tried realy hard once and it looked like a load of diaria in a plastic bag

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-_-

Is all I have to say.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ux2 just take a break from 3d modeling for a bit and practice on some Voxels. It's not like this mod needs to be released next week we have all the time in the world to do this.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are those tanks made from giant seals?

Twilus
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, i remember where i saw the centarion's walk and look from, Ux2's mod Very Happy

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3D to voxel anyone? Why are you creating voxels from scratch in the voxel editor? WORST idea ever. Get 3ds2vxl. Nothing beats 3D normals. The Cube normalizer is the best version in it's line so far, but it's still not better than actual polygon normals.

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i only have gmax and i cant find a good gmax or p3d to 3ds converter

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well your screwed! I'm a rather good Voxeler so I'll have no problems in all reality. Just practice your voxels you'll find it's easier than it looks.

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i found a good gmax 2 vxl script but it converts them all into one color so i have to color it my self but it looks ok cause i can add more texture to it to make it look good Smile
ps this is just the base so no need to bash it

aapc_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.43 KB
 Viewed:  16795 Time(s)

aapc_000.jpg

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my first try aint that good Sad but im gonna keep trying Smile and btw i think the change vxl for enter water coding is gone cause mine dosint work even when i coded it axactly like the apc from ts Sad

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon