Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Monkey in the Middle (2-3)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject:  Monkey in the Middle (2-3)
Subject description: 8th map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey well its about time i released another map. this is my 8th map.
Map info:
Map Size: 200X56
Players: 2-3
Theatre: Temperate
other Info: The civilians in this area were evacuated during the 1st tiberium war do to it becoming a warzone and nobody ever came back even after the wars had stopped for awhile. Players have plenty of room to build and have plenty of tiberium to harvest. Bases are easily defended. The middle player has more tiberium and tiberium trees so that they are equal. There is an Ion storm trigger on the map.There are 2 small Nod Bases for capture and 2 small GDI bases for capture. These bases do have base defenses. Capture one of the two Vega's Temple to be able to build the Gaurdian infantry but beware as the temples are still being gaurded. I have added many trees since the pics were taken and i made it a tad bit lighter Enjoy!! Wink

oldgdibase.PNG
 Description:
one of the old GDI bases near a tiberium field
 Filesize:  209.24 KB
 Viewed:  19162 Time(s)

oldgdibase.PNG

oldnodbaseandtown.PNG
 Description:
part of an old nod base and part of the old evacuated civillian town
 Filesize:  213.6 KB

oldnodbaseandtown.PNG

oh sh!t.........PNG
 Description:
my banshee fleet racing to their target before the Ion storm hits
 Filesize:  192.18 KB

oh sh!t.........PNG

minimapm.JPG
 Description:
the minimap
 Filesize:  10.04 KB

minimapm.JPG

Monkey in the Middle.zip
 Description:
Monkey in the Middle

Download
 Filename:  Monkey in the Middle.zip
 Filesize:  171.58 KB
 Downloaded:  1042 Time(s)

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's overall a nice map, need a bit more lighting. You can capture the TD Buildings! The Advanced Power plants provide you with Power, the Silos hold Tiberium and so on. I give it a 8.0/10.0!

SCRN0007.png
 Description:
Yet another one.
 Filesize:  226.26 KB
 Viewed:  19151 Time(s)

SCRN0007.png

SCRN0006.png
 Description:
Another one I captured too.
 Filesize:  226.26 KB

SCRN0006.png

SCRN0005.png
 Description:
Another one that I captured!
 Filesize:  239.6 KB

SCRN0005.png

SCRN0000.png
 Description:
A Screenshot of a 'Old TD base'
 Filesize:  223.1 KB
 Viewed:  19152 Time(s)

SCRN0000.png

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm about the TD buildings being capturable...are you sure that isnt just the mod you have installed cause i didnt make it so that the TD buildings are able to be captured Confused i only made it so that the Vega's Temples could be captured.....but yeah my lighting isnt that great and i could do more with it....i may do that eventually dont know when though. But thanks for the comment and the rating of 8.0/10.0 Razz anyone else have any comments about it? it would be really helpful if ya do Wink

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TF-ADW doesn't allow TD buildings to be captured...I think so.

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a nice map and very good!

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:

Correct, I think. Try Tiberium Garden Redux and you see if you can capture or not. It's not possible according to me.

The map looks great, but a bit dark

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:

Acteully TFADW dose allow TD buildings to be captured. I have never edited those buildings in the whole time I have had TFADW

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the feedback! yeah the pics do look a bit dark and it probably could still be lightened some but as i have been toggling with the lighting and havent found one that i like better yet...... but as far as i know i did not make those buildings capturable so it cant be my map......anyone else got any comments about this here map? any such comments are welcome as i need to know what i did good and what i did bad so i can improve......

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're kidding right? Look at my minimap. The building Sidebar. The 'Gaurdian' unit! Well then I guess it the TF-ADW...

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TD buildings can be captured by a mod i dont know the mod name again btw nice map i give it 9/10 is abit dark Wink

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
You're kidding right? Look at my minimap. The building Sidebar. The 'Gaurdian' unit! Well then I guess it the TF-ADW...

well the 'Gaurdian' unit i did make possible to build but only if you capture one of the two vega's temples which i made capturable and with its own weak defense..........but the original TD buildings i did not make capturable.....so yes it must be the mod that is allowing you to capture the TD buildings

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well at least it's function are great! I wish I can make maps like you!

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool map you made there. It has plenty of room and resources. The lighting is nice. There is only one thing that I don't like: the fact that a player spawns between other two. If the player starts in the middle, he/she will be the first target of the other two players, being exposed to fights all the time. But the map is 10/10 for me. I didn't find any bugs or stuff like that, yet.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yay! i have been told a few times that i am a good mapper for TS and i am glad that people here also like my maps.
also just so ya know the reason the map is called Monkey in the Middle is because there is a player in the middle............i based the entire map off of that fact that there would be a player in the middle.......and yes the middle player does have a harder time but thats what makes it fun at least to me it does.........oh and the middle player isnt at a complete loss he does have more tiberium and more tiberium trees than the other players

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm used to playing 1 AI only cause I'm new to the TS/FS world. For the last few years I've been playing RA2/YR, fighting 5 Brutal AIs. Anyway, It's rather hard to scout as the map is large...well your map should be spotlighted I think!

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am glad you like my map Destiny but i dont think this one is going to get spotlighted as i dont even see it as my best map but i shall try and make my next one really good..............i have started to continue work on another map at Tumsun that i decided to stop working on awhile ago that once i finish it, it could very well have a better chance of being spotlighted.
so does anyone else have any comments???

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh well...the Ion Storm is prety annoying but it's still the BEST map I've played.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks okay, I have some advice, though:

Pavement. I dislike square pavement. Tiberian sun is a dusty enviroment and you won't fight in new york or another giant city, so pavement will be covered by sand, etc. . The places that have been paved are usually damaged. Try this for pavement edges:
--- ___ ---------_
__/----\___----/-\
--------------\_/---|

Instead of this:

the -'s are because this forum deletes spaces.

Another comment: I don't like TD buildings on pavement. There's a load of sand on them and placing them on pavement looks a little odd; Dirty, damaged buildings on pavement that has just been cleaned by vanish oxi action (Sorry blubb, that quote had to be used... #Tongue).

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well dawn buildings can have pavement just not all encompassing pavement

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed with OrcaCommander.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks guys i shall keep that in mind when i make future maps! and yeah what you say does make sense. so from now on i shall keep that in mind. does anybody else have anything to say about this map?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm Ixith, would you give me permission to use the Reveal Map Trigger on your map? It's annonying to scout personally...

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Destiny i am fine with that just as long as you do not redistribute the map ok.

anyone else gots a comment? Rolling Eyes

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

are there any civi's in those cities?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sure won't redistribute the map, Ixith!
To OC:If I'm correct it's a no. There 'story' already says: The civilians in this area were evacuated during the 1st tiberium war do to it becoming a warzone and nobody ever came back even after the wars had stopped for awhile. Players have plenty of room to build and have plenty of tiberium to harvest. Bases are easily defended. The middle player has more tiberium and tiberium trees so that they are equal. There is an Ion storm trigger on the map.There are 2 small Nod Bases for capture and 2 small GDI bases for capture. These bases do have base defenses. Capture one of the two Vega's Temple to be able to build the Gaurdian infantry but beware as the temples are still being gaurded. I have added many trees since the pics were taken and i made it a tad bit lighter Enjoy!!

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ORCACommander wrote:
are there any civi's in those cities?

yes there are no civi's and its because of what Destiny just said............................i know i was being a little Lazy when i decided that i probably could have put a few in the small little towns and a few others in some other places...........................

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder when you're gonna release your 9th map...

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm well i dont know but i am expierementing with it right now. I am trying to get many things on it to be very good and the hardest ones to do for this map are the Lighting and getting the AI to attack frequently. so it may be awhile depending on how much i get done. if you wish to see it so far it is in the Cartographers section at Tumsun. here i shall provide a link to it:
http://tiberiumsun.revora.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6657

there. anyways if anyone still has a comment about this map then please go ahead and say something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon