Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
PC Gamer article is available!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [59 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:  PC Gamer article is available!
Subject description: Tiberium Wars isn't the final name...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, many of you wanna know what is Command And Conquer 3 and can't buy PC Gamer magazine from USA, right? Don't worry, Coolrock from RA: A Path Beyond has scanned the whole article for us. Check this topic and scroll down a bit.

C&C 3: Tiberium Wars (working title) is set in 2047, after few years of peace and with tiberium infesting the Earth. Some areas of the world are inhabitable, due to high tiberium concentration and ion storms. These are the red areas. Yellow areas are not as infested as the red ones and they can be recovered. Green and Blue areas are where people supported by GDI live. Peace is interrupted when Nod suddenly attacks the Philadelphia space station with a nuclear missile and other GDI targets, supported by the majority of the people of the world (who doesn't live in green areas). Kane will return, afterall he lives in death.

The project is being led by Mike Verdu (the same guy from Battle For Middle Earth II). There will be 3 sides: GDI, Nod... and they haven't revealed the last one yet. This last one will be unlocked once the player win both GDI and Nod campaigns. Considering that when you win Nod campaign, the planet will be infested of tiberium, expect this third side to be the Scrin (maybe with another name, but they will be aliens from tiberium original planet).

There will be full motion videos, but casting hasn't started yet. So, we don't know if Joe Kucan will return as Kane.

They are following some of the old concepts, specially with orcas displayed in the article. According to the article, the SAGE engine will be tweaked for a better support of particle system, which means: cooler explosions and improved tiberium effects.

Another interesting point is that they hired MIT people to explain how the tiberium substance works and all secrets behind it. You'll find some cool explanation in the article, although it's not that easy to understand it.

Orca, Mammoth Tank, Stealth Tank and other loved units will be available in the game. Players will also enjoy a unit called Firehawk fast attack jet. From superweapons, the classic ones like Ion Cannon and Nuclear Missile are certainly in the game. But there will be others to join them. The interesting thing that access to superweapon will be provided by merit.. so it's not a matter of building the superweapon building and fire it whenever it's ready anymore.

And there is more in the article, with more screenshots, renders and a lot of tiberium in the scene! It's definitelly following the path that I've dreamed for years! According to PC Gamer, C&C 3 should be released sometime in 2007, so patience is a virtue.

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More friendly version...

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it is looking great. Wink Now, imagine if they added yuri to this game.. The nightmares of another cheesy game! #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No Yuri, For Gods Sake!

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i must say their's not GDI.no anything make me feel like gdi ,where'r unit from TS technology,Titan,Mammoth Mk.II ect in the picture i seem only something like med tank and modify mammoth tank.and strange gdi color sceme.[it's sand color not old gdi gold ) or there's another task force? IMO they look lowtech than TS.except infantry they look more like space marine from WH40k. #Tongue

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a thought, but maybe those arn't the light infantry units. Perhaps they are special forces. If not I suppose big bulky stupid suits are in. Ijust hope Nod stays true to there TS uniforms. I want one so bad they are so cool.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats a point i made earlier too, HM. but whats wrong with space marines, they look awesome!

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I totaly agree, I just wish I could play that Only War mod for generals though.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I have to say, this is looking mightly impressive.

Thanks Carnivean for the display Wink much appreciated.

As mentioned.. the GDI units aren't looking too similar to the GDI units from TS. But then.. exactly how similar were the GDI units from TD and TS?
Although I have to admit, I do miss the gold colour scheme. But as mentioned in the article, it can all change.
I have to say.. I'm not particularly keen on the new GDI logo. Its too different to the previous ones. To me, it needs to link back a lot more to the previous GDI logos.
So a tip to EA; nostalgia is a good thing Wink.

The mechs were a bit development for TS, yet they are lacking here. So I'm thinking they need to make a come back. (And I'd personally love to see a come back of the Hover Tech!)
The Mammoth Tank.. I have to agree.. it needs the missile racks.. else it just won't live up to the name.

We haven't seen any of Nod yet, so it'll be interesting to see how they are. But I have to say, the graphics so far, look absolutely stunning.
Its just.. at the moment, it doesn't feel like its GDI.

About people saying it doesn't look too advanced. I have to disagree, I think it has a nice fairly futuristic feel to it. Also, GDI didn't have all the flash technology (Bar a few exceptions) it was mostly Nod which had that.

The basic guidelines to the Tiberium related CNC is:

GDI: Air superiority (as well as in Space). Fewer units, but ones which were stronger in armour and armament, just slower and more expensive.
Basically - Brute force and ignorance.

Nod: Weaker, but cheaper and faster units. Nod never had the brute force, they use suprise, technology and subterfuge to get the job done.
Basically - Hit and Run, Cloak and Dagger.

If EA try and keep these guidelines, if they actually make it feel like its GDI and Nod, so the sides are instantly recognisable.. then I feel they can make a good Command and Conquer. Not just a good game.

And bringing back the cinematics is absolutely fantastic, as well as really trying to concentrate on the storyline. Command and Conquer has, in my opinion, one of THE best storylines for an original sci-fi game. I glad to see EA are showing signs of recognising this, and hopefully flaunting it.

On an extra note. I really hope they work on the AI. Too common now is it in the game industry that the graphics is all that is considered. The AI of a game is an important part of a game's lifespan.
If the AI is good, then it will keep the player occupied for longer, and it will keep them happy. A crappy AI, and most people will complete it in a couple of days, and no doubt take it back to the store for a refund #Tongue.

EA, this game could be one of the most important games you will make. If you screw it up, you will loose the trust of a huge amount of gamers. Think beyond the initial income of the games selling. This game is bigger than that.

So far I am impressed with they're work, and the extra effort they've gone to, namely with the MIT scientists, as I for one appreciate it.
But..
I can personally say that this will be my last stand for EA. This game means too much to me. And I know I do not stand alone. So, for this game. I will push aside my distrust of EA, and its previous failings..
Extreme Optimism, or Blind Foolishness? Thats your call EA.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nicely posted Muldrake. Smile

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats wrong with huge suited GDI marines? Smile It makes sense at how technology is evolving on their behalf.

As for Yuri... Laughing, I'm hoping for CABAL.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I feel is a good sign is that they got those people at MIT to make a feasible explanation for tiberium. It actually shows that EA could be going to great lengths to make this as in-depth as possible.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im actually liking it so far, but im sure it must go wrong somewhere, i cant get over those infantry, it looks like they have tried to go from the TD power armour suit thing but have completley frogone the Wolverine. i dont get why infantry cant just be infantry.

Fellshyun
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree, why those overarmored strange infantry.
But if those are really ingame pics,then I think it will be time for a big update in hardware for a lot of people.
But at least they're going back to the roots, no more stupid Americans and terrorists.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, yes, and one more time, YES! I can't believe it! Tiberium saga continues! Kane returns! One more time GDI and Nod! WOOT!!! BUT, if you, EA, cancel this project I will decicate my life to shoot a nuclear missile to your HQs!!!

(joke)

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Over armoured Marines probably are better than Wolverines. We don't know that the Wolverines may still be there as a light mech role, but all we know is that powered armour has been taken to a new level. TBH I never liked the Wolverines, they looked too much like Killa Kans from W40k.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ackron wrote:
Im actually liking it so far, but im sure it must go wrong somewhere, i cant get over those infantry, it looks like they have tried to go from the TD power armour suit thing but have completley frogone the Wolverine. i dont get why infantry cant just be infantry.

Looks to me like the next stp in the evolution of the wolverine. Look at the feet, same style as the wolverine.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

indeed, very cool pic too.

i'll be ably to scan the 8-page-article for you guys, but it only comes out here at the 28th (didnt i tell this before, this many C&C3 topics confuse me)

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He looks like the Mutant Super Soldier from renegade for god's sakes...

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:

Looks to me like the next stp in the evolution of the wolverine. Look at the feet, same style as the wolverine.

That pic looks awesome... that's more how it should look. Not the clean screenshots. If it pulls off that environment I'll be happy.

Also I'm hoping the fact that the soliders don't all have the same weapons means customisation of which weapons are part of squads similar to DoW.

Last edited by Suiseiseki on Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
He looks like the Mutant Super Soldier from renegade for god's sakes...

They do look alot like the Templars. Only cooler and they don't have radioactive goop pouring from every crevis on there bodies, smell better too.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what's wrong with them? IMO, that kind of suit is indispensable, when walking in Tiberium infested landscape. You can't know when an angry Gufu visceroid comes out behind a tree and tries to eat ya. Only thing they forgotted was helmets! now it looks stupid, super-soldier suit...

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure it'd have glass shields buzz lightyear style for when it's actually dangerous - they're about to cross tiberium not actually crossing it methinks.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or perhaps since EA went to the trouble of getting MIT to think up an answer to how tiberium works, GDI may have found this out and devloped some way to counter it.

geekspeek
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If this turns out good, I will retract almost one third of my EA-hating comments. However, if it turns out bad, it will spell the end of C&C. I am excited and scared for the future of the franchise at the same time.

This mod is dead!
Ackron wrote:
It would be good if it was better.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it looks much more realistic to me, the tiberium enviroment, the crystals take over earth's trees and making a crystallic landscape, i also dislike the shoulderpads of the soldiers...but i'm sure all in all it will be a great game, from what i've heard they take very much care of the story.

i for myself relive again the flavour of a TS waiting time for a new tiberium title.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wasnt half of the point of tiberium that infantry couldnt safley cross it? remember that? that was a major gameplay thing.

and how do those infantry see whats to their sides or whats behind them? if you are going to build a huge ass mech suit at least go all the way and put an artifical head on top that can look around normally and relay the information to a screen infront of the pilot.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am totally with what Muldrake said, and i will exactly do the same thing with EA, they fail, no more CNC, they manage, i'll trust EA again. That's up to them now! And i hope they call Frank, Joe, and Petroglyph, and ask the guys for help and demand excuses for what happened with Westwood. Kane is ONLY Joe Kucan. No one will be able to play him. #Tongue And Frank Klepacki's music IS TOO GOOD to not be in a C&C game. One last hope...

And also, those soldiers might be HEAVY GDI troops, or like Holy said, a new side. And the MIT Scientist approval of Tiberium is a great thing too. Finally we learn how Tiberium works. And remember those old artworks from TFD? Those weird blue menus with a commanche firing? The rushing of the pack on the market? Those 2 posters with an Ion Cannon and a GDI Tank? Ever since i bought TFD, i knew C&C3 was gonna come. That was the precursor; fact and the reason of why EA acted like that with TFD. And remember the interview with Louis Castle? "It's not the end yet, we didn't called it THE decade, we called it The FIRST decade...". The answer was all there, in TFD! I almost knew it! Oh, dosen't a certain Tank on the TFD poster remind you of this?:

I can prove it actually!:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10830
http://www.ppmsite.com/newspic/tfdposter2.jpg (can't seem to find the Ion Cannon one...)

And now we know that Ion Cannon on the other side of the poster is the GDI Ion Cannon, since philadelphia was destroyed,

And also, C&C3 either follows the Nod ending of the original TS (leaving FS out) or after Firestorm (Cabal re-created Kane and cloned him, maybe for use as brotherhood soldiers instead of cyborgs?). And the Possible sides are most likely:

A new GDI-like army
C.A.B.A.L. (remember the Cabal Swarmling from the old C&C3?)
Aliens
The Forgotten
?Yuri? Dunno, but maybe PC gamer knows the truth actually? Confused That would be scary...

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah.. Yuri revived after GDI finds skeleton of a dinosaur which ate him after Soviet victory in Yuri's Revenge. His DNA has been detected and so he was recreated in order to check wheter humans seriously had lived along the dinosaurs. It appeared to be Yuri, he got tiberium infested and now he is going to mind control the scrin, yay!

Oh please..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm I hope the tiberium will be like in Tiberian Sun. I actually like its look with the fona's and such.. Not some hump of crystal where used to be a tree.. its just not exciting and beautiful.. For the rest I pretty like it. I dont think i need to upgrade anything on my machine to play this tough #Tongue

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate the way the joints are not connected on them gdi inf. Like they are cyborgs...

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going with the 'evolved wolverine' explanation for that personally. it does look more like a mechanical suit than a standard suit.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnivean wrote:
Tratos wrote:

That pic looks awesome... that's more how it should look. Not the clean screenshots. If it pulls off that environment I'll be happy.

Also I'm hoping the fact that the soliders don't all have the same weapons means customisation of which weapons are part of squads similar to DoW.

Sorry to sound negative, but i seriously dislike that piece of concept art

- The mechs look like Quake 3 models, they are also a crazy design, with pointlessly large shoulder panels drastically reducing radius view.

- The actualy crystal type structure seems to have completely changed on the tiberium as well as the colour

- The overall render is just not that great, compared to the likes of Eric Goochs concept art for TS anyway

- Look, its a massive bundle of Tiberium Crystalls shoved in that tree on the left! Question

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Tiberium Harvester Surprised Mad Rolling Eyes

tt_26.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  233.45 KB
 Viewed:  22633 Time(s)

tt_26.jpg

Westwood Studios forever!

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, can't wait when it comes out

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the new harvester looks like a hoover (vacuum cleaner)

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

like fuk is that a harvester nab, more like a humvee/buggy type theing

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Harvester? Looks like we have a pretty good chance of an MCV return. I love MCVs, Construction Dozers blow and don't get me started on workers.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Desolate Commando wrote:
Harvester? Looks like we have a pretty good chance of an MCV return. I love MCVs, Construction Dozers blow and don't get me started on workers.

Look closer.Thats no mcv, It has an earth moving shovel or some tiberium collecting device in front of it.

Though, I agree W/O MCV's "Tiberium Wars" will be a let down.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think for everything people will bitch about they should simply make it multiple choice.

Hosting a multiplayer game? Checkbox for if you want a Construction Yard or Construction Vehicle would be great.

Sidebar? make an options selection - Left, Bottom, Right. Hell even top if people would use it.

Don't like a certain unit? Make options to disable them based on single units instead of the traditional tech level (Which wasn't really even present in RA2).

The harvestor and shown landscapes are looking shite to me. It needs to be darker themed dammit. #Tongue
There also needs to be Floaters, Visceroids and Fiends shown.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In time, they only announced it a couple days ago. What you think there going to have entire lists of units and screenies and tell yuo what the unlockable faction is already. Then what the hell would be left for surprises.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who exactly are you replying to Deso?

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You, to your last sentence. I should have qouted it to say that was where it was dirtected.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Carnivean wrote:
Tratos wrote:

Sorry to sound negative, but i seriously dislike that piece of concept art

- The mechs look like Quake 3 models, they are also a crazy design, with pointlessly large shoulder panels drastically reducing radius view.

- The actualy crystal type structure seems to have completely changed on the tiberium as well as the colour

- The overall render is just not that great, compared to the likes of Eric Goochs concept art for TS anyway

- Look, its a massive bundle of Tiberium Crystalls shoved in that tree on the left! Question

take a look at the shoulders again, and then the heigth of the head... they must have sore arms after a battle in those things! just try to visualise a normal human being in front of it, it just doesnt fit

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good news, everyone!

From the german PC GameS magazine:

A GDI soldier with FULL armor:

A NOD mech:

GDI Orca and GDI Firehawk:

I also removed Tiberium Wars from the C&C3 logo! You can put in your own title!

Also, those orcas look great, the Mech looks CABAL-ish and that soldier is more like a Nod one...maybe the 3rd side?

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Desolate Commando wrote:
You, to your last sentence. I should have qouted it to say that was where it was dirtected.

Fiends, Floaters and Visceroids are REQUIRED for this game. It's not like I'm saying 'They should reveal the new units, sides, technology trees and the names of each individual solider in the concept art'. I'm saying they should reveal already established features of a tiberium infected landscape.
I'd rather not get 'surprised' by the fact they left out them and replaced them with mutant donkey men personally.

@Alex:
I actually dislike the designs excluding the Mech and ORCA.
The solider does however make me think 'Forgotten' more than anything as it doesn't look too Nod or GDI styled.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

those screenshots are MUCH more like it, none of this crazy illogical armour rubbish. and gas masks are SO Nod.

but my current complaint is that MIT explaination completley destroys the key factor of tiberium being a plant, which was consistant through TD, TS and FS, making Tiberium not a mutagenic element that forcfuly evolves lifeforms for its own use would entierly disjoint this game from the previous games, EA needs to be very careful if it dosent want to upset alot of fans.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ackron wrote:
those screenshots are MUCH more like it, none of this crazy illogical armour rubbish. and gas masks are SO Nod.

but my current complaint is that MIT explaination completley destroys the key factor of tiberium being a plant, which was consistant through TD, TS and FS, making Tiberium not a mutagenic element that forcfuly evolves lifeforms for its own use would entierly disjoint this game from the previous games, EA needs to be very careful if it dosent want to upset alot of fans.

Meh, the MIT thing was pretty good, and since when was tiberium was a plant? It was always a mutagenic substance. A greenish liquid. Odd, since if it absords STUFF into itself, what was it at first? Surely not water, since water is being absorbed by tiberium, and it can't be part of tiberium, since it wouldn't absorb water or even contain water...It all dosen't make sense...Tiberium should be a bacteria, not a liquid...But scientists trying to prove how tiberium works is pretty cool...Anyhow, I didn't see much people angry at this...

And actually, am I the only one who thinks those GDI soldiers from the artwork with big armor look like that Mech unit from The Tiberian Dawn Concept art and the Tiberian Sun Teaser from C&C1? That's where they got the idea, they re-incorporated an unused design! And also, they look even more like S.H.I.E.L.D. units from Act of War Direct Action, don't you guys think?

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep in mind the above pics are merely renders. maybe the artist has no vision...

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex05 wrote:
Meh, the MIT thing was pretty good, and since when was tiberium was a plant? It was always a mutagenic substance. A greenish liquid. Odd, since if it absords STUFF into itself, what was it at first? Surely not water, since water is being absorbed by tiberium, and it can't be part of tiberium, since it wouldn't absorb water or even contain water...It all dosen't make sense...Tiberium should be a bacteria, not a liquid...But scientists trying to prove how tiberium works is pretty cool...Anyhow, I didn't see much people angry at this...

And actually, am I the only one who thinks those GDI soldiers from the artwork with big armor look like that Mech unit from The Tiberian Dawn Concept art and the Tiberian Sun Teaser from C&C1? That's where they got the idea, they re-incorporated an unused design! And also, they look even more like S.H.I.E.L.D. units from Act of War Direct Action, don't you guys think?

Tiberium is a lifeform, that is blatantly clear from the way it spreads, i would even go as far as saying it posseses limited intellegence as it can mutate trees to help it spread, in TD tiberium is clearly shown with roots that may be an indication that it is a plant, although i personally would describe it as a semi-organic perudofungus. also they arent trying to prove how tiberium works, they are trying to come up with a scientific explaination for it and are failing to take into acount the effects it has on organic life.

and about those infantry, i said somewhere it looks like they redesigned the xo unit but without going past the TS wolverine or other mechs and come up with some horrible cliche power armour that neither protects you from tiberium or in any way makes you harder to kill, then they gave it a huge ass stupid looking gun, absoloutley great, even after people expressed hatred towards the stupid oversized nonsensicle nature of RA2 EA still dont get it.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!