Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Chainstory 2 scenarios - Post them Here
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject:  Chainstory 2 scenarios - Post them Here Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everybody can write scenario options to set the way for Chainstory 2 in this thread. Simply write your own in a reply!

Scenario option 1

"Man, I'm bored!" exclaimed Kane. "What can I do... hmmm..."
After a while he decided to play a game of Tiberian Sun. "Haven't played this thing for ages," chuckled Kane as he connected to Westwood Online. But a screen came up;

Patch required to play. Do you want to download it now?

Kane, being paranoid, clicked "No" and decided to download it straight off the Westwood FTP. He opened IE and went to westwood.com, and tried to find the TS patch he needed. "Damn it! Where is the damn thing?" demanded Kane. "Oh screw it, I'll find it the old fashioned way." Kane loaded up an FTP program and hacked the Westwood FTP. He opened the Tiberian Sun folder and quickly found the file he wanted. However, upon closer examination, it said there were 12 files at the bottom, when Kane only counted 11 in the folder. He set hidden files to be able to be viewed, and a mysterious file popped up, called "Test.exe"

Curiosity piqued, Kane downloaded the file, and was quite shocked to see it was over 1GB in size. Of course, his DSL x 2 connection downloaded it in 1 minute.
He double clicked the Test.exe and the normal patching screen came up. When the patching was done, Kane went to "View Changes"

Test Patch Prototype 1.00

- Mammoth MKII bug fixed
- Titan armor change
- Wolverine 50 credits cheaper
- Cyborg movement speed increased
- Warp Reality Mode added

"THE WOLVERINE IS 50 CREDITS CHEAPER?!" gasped Kane, outraged at this sudden bounty for GDI. "That's not fair!" Kane scratched his chin. "Oh yes, and WTF is that Warp Reality Mode?"
Kane loaded up Tiberian Sun to test it. A new option was on the menu screen, entitled "Warp Reality"
Kane's eyebrows rose. "This looks suspiciously like another of Delphi's mad prototype technology. I'd best not click it at all." But Kane couldn't resist. "Oh, what the hell!" he said, as he clicked it, and an option screen came up.

Select your affiliation.

Kane clicked the Nod logo, and a class selection screen came up. It was currently showing a completely 3D nod light infantry revolving slowly. He scrolled through them all, and he selected the class of his choice.
Then Tiberian Sun minimised and MSN Messenger maximised. Some words popped up on Kane's screen;

Select Players

Kane double clicked Banshee's name, and said hi.

Kane says:
hi
Banshee says:
AAAAAAAAAARGH!!! WTF DID YOU JUST DO?
Kane says:
What?
Banshee says:
It says I have to play! I can't click No!
Kane says:
WHAT? Restart comp
Banshee says:
OMFG IT DOESN'T WORK!
Kane says:
Turn power off at wall then
Banshee says:
I DID!! It won't turn off!

Kane gasped. Surely banshee was just joking. He decided to tell the others about it.

Banshee says:
No, don't pull everyone else into --

-- Maxim has been added to the conversation --
-- Sk8erkid has been added to the conversation --
-- One Of A Kind has been added to the conversation --
-- Tapek has been added to the conversation --
-- Deathray2k has been added to the conversation --
-- Hellfire has been added to the conversation --

Banshee says:
-- this!!
Banshee says:
Shit!
One Of A Kind says:
hi
Deathray2k says:
Hey! I was busy being a lazy ass and doing nothing!
Tapek says:
hey, it just exited my Wc3, wtf? Come to think of it, was I even signed into msn?
Maxim says:
I didn't even know I was connected to the internet!!
Hellfire says:
Play? Play what? What's this message? It won't go away
Kane says:
Ohhhhhhh shit. I KNEW I shouldn't have clicked that thing! Guys, just click Yes and see what happens
One Of A Kind says:
Ok...
Sk8erkid says:
"Select your affiliation"? huh? Ok, I'll choose...
Maxim says:
Now it says select class...
Tapek says:
Awesome! I can be a Cyborg Commando!
Banshee says:
Oh, FFS... that damn green light is starting to cover me again...
Hellfire says:
Whoa... me too! It's... so bright!
Kane says:
BRB, gotta grab as many reserves of peach as I can before I get teleported!
Tapek says:
Here we go aga--

But before anyone could continue, everything went bright green.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds good to me Tapek, if anything I'd make it the Renegade selection screen if you're going to do that as it has class selection built in (but that's just me being pedantic) I'll have a think about my own and post it in a couple of days.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good, but couldnt it have TDL and Cyborgs as options too #Tongue?

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I wanted it to be more of a classic TS style combat, as well as I want to work for Nod, not Dr. Abelifester Confused

Last edited by Tapek on Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it was good until I saw what it said under my name.

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, deathray, it was a joke.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyone knows you're not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not lazy Smile

IN ADDITION: I like that story idea Smile. Definately standard TS, not PPM this time #Tongue. Also: if it ISN'T plain TS, what do you guys think of using Doomod? Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lolz nice idea Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not doomod...

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, you're a spoilsport Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nah... just no doomod, because people dont know doomod units... get it?

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But does the doommod know you?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

who cares? If people doesnt know doomod, how could they write about it?

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So we're just sticking with straight TS (and I'm guessing Firestorm)? No other external game-based influences this time?

Tapek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It depends on what the writers bring in. Anything is possible..

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well chapter 1 is in, tell me what you think.....

Tapek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comments thread!

Locked.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon