Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert 2; Yuri's Revenge: Tiberian Sun
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [136 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject:  Red Alert 2; Yuri's Revenge: Tiberian Sun Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, lets get started here:

Title/Name:
 Red Alert 2; Yuri's Revenge:  Tiberian Sun
Objective:  To create an open-sourced mod that brings back Tiberian Sun into the CnC series, using it's own modified engine.  This is open source, so I will be telling how I did everything.
What You Need:  Red Alert 2:  Yuri's Revenge with patch 1.001 and Rock Patch 1.07b (need EMP logic, fireSW logic, and new side/countries)
Last, but not least:
Website:  It is not something impressive, but is used to keep some minor tabs on the project, --> My Freewebs Page

Hosting Forum:  This is CCCP Gosho's forum.  You may need to register to see the forum for this, although I'll ask him if I can get some special treatment, --> Nahaira Forums

This should get an insight.  I'll post up a couple of screenshots sometime, after some more progress has occurred.[/url]

Last edited by m666 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*looks at poster's username*
*expects something really crappy* Laughing

Good luck though, that's gonna be alot of work. And there are some things that were in TS that can't be put into RA2YR...dunno why though...

Good luck again, and i hope you DO actually manage it out, and i hope you also change the sides a bit, like giving GDI their own refinery instead of using the Nod one.

Last edited by Alex06 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I will do stuff like that, and more.  I will try to implement stuff as best as I can.  I am, for sure, gonna have Ion Cannon, Multi Missle, EMP Cannon, and may have Hunter Seeker.

Don't take my name for anything serious.  Took it from a Young Jeezy (rapper) song title.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well good luck,but there is this mod which DonutArnold is doing on the exact same basis.Why don't you simply help him instead of making a completelly new mod?

red_rebel
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all i have to say is good luck....and thats gonna take a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG time to do.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wha? you're not going to modify the units/buildings in TS? crapyy results, crappy results...

but, still, good luck for your project...

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah man. You gotta edit all the little unit imbalances in TS. Basicaly, include stuff in your mod that you would find in an unofficial TS mini patch thingy.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like, perhaps, TS Firestorm 3.0?

The lil' unofficial minipatch for Firestorm?

I may do that.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, after some time finishing my NHD project, the mod has started.  I have set up a forum, thanks to CCCP Gosho at CnC Nahaira and I have a site here.  I hope this will turn out based on my visions, but I cannot do this by myself, in a very timely manner.  Please, I get on my hands and knees, to beg and grovel with anyone reading this to give me some assistance on this.  PLEASE, FOR THE GOOD OF THIS AND LOVE OF THE VISION!

Thanks!

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate to say this, and everyone was probably waiting for me to announce this, but if I cannot get some form of support, this may fall out and never get done if it keeps up as a one-man-mod.  Its hard as hell.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modder666 wrote:
I hate to say this, and everyone was probably waiting for me to announce this, but if I cannot get some form of support, this may fall out and never get done if it keeps up as a one-man-mod.  Its hard as hell.

Honestly, i will not join untill i see something like maybe a SCREENSHOT, of some work otherwise this mod will fail... Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the point of me saying this is because I am in WAY over my head...unless I can get a hold of Bolt.  I'll post on things and progress as soon as I get that stuff from Bolt.  Until then, check the site to get a better grasp on things.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I checked your site its crap, it gives no info and you talk like THIS!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG I AM IN WAY OVER MY HEAD!!! OMG OMG MOD THIS MOD!!!!!!  I MADE IT TO BE MODDED OMG OMG!!!!

First of all use bold not CAPSLOCK, but you probably dont even know how to use HTML, and dont say you made the page its one of the FreeWebs templates.

i forgot second  Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lay off of him. Atleast he's TRYING. Not like any of you bastards help other people's mods anyway...'Cept clazzy, muldrake, and a few others most of you who critisize dont even offer to HELP the mod. Just flame it. Help the kid get the thing off the ground.

Modder 666, The name's silly, yea, but MSN Me, its CyborgCompy@aol.com

OK?

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got ya.  Thanks!

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want the FS maps You can email me and they will be sent ASAP just use XCC mixer to extract them

good luck!

PM me If u want  soI can do some vehicle coading excluding art entries, I can't infintry code Rulesmd to save my life Laughing

Mr. Smiley Says
then I will end it  #Sniper

silenced shot glass breaks  man's head goes face first into key board dripping in blood

No people or windows were broken or killed in the makings of this post

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, welcome aboard!  And regarding Banshee's announcement, this mod is kinda not gonna have in-games yet, but it does have a name:

Tiberian Sun:  Yuri's Revenge!

It has one vision, one purpose:

To become an open-source mod!

And if anything else applies, well so be it.  However, this is no n00b mod.  This may change the community.  I have some people donating graphics, helping, donating maps, all of this!  So, I can tell you that Nighthawk200 from Revora is gonna help, OmegaBolt will send some stuff through, and hopefully I will get some help from ORCACommander and Carnotaurus hopefully!  Sheesh.  And also, if I offend anyone here, sorry!

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
Lay off of him. Atleast he's TRYING. Not like any of you bastards help other people's mods anyway...'Cept clazzy, muldrake, and a few others most of you who critisize dont even offer to HELP the mod. Just flame it. Help the kid get the thing off the ground.

hey he's right you shoudn't take theese flames Lying down. I think we can do this. I've searched through the TS, FS mix files so many times I can probebly send you everything on htere discs. I think I'll ask Smiffgig if we can use his APC voxel from TSR it looks almost exactly like the ones in the FMVs and Concept art

BTW were should I send the files to all I have for a contact adress is you PM box

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get me here, at AOL:  Lilric7@aol.com
Get me here, at Yahoo:  FLYIER666@yahoo.com
Get me here, at Yahoo:  Modder666@yahoo.com

I prefer AOL, but any of these will work, really!

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't have Yahoo so i'll use the aol contact just a little note if you have trouble contacting me after Sat. cause I'm getting Comcast High Speed and I'll have to remake My screen name with them

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ORCACommander:  Uhh, maybe late, but I do have TS and FS installed on my comp.  Anyways, I'll keep that in mind.

@Vincent93:  I had no intention of 1:  Making a site from HTML basis, takes too long for my schedule.  Also, thanks for the tip.  I realize that my site isn't the best like ppm, but it sure ain't crap.  AND I do know how to use HTML, I spent like 3 years mastering it.  Just, I don't like to use it often.  WAY too time consuming.  I figured no one would visit the site often, so why make it fancy?  I never intend for the site to be all fancy and stuff like that...mainly because I don't care for it.  I just need some place to update my info and, I did add some stuff, in case you missed it.  Thanks for the harsh commenting, and I am not being sarcastic.  If the site gets better, or at least changed, its to make you happy.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job at renaming the topic Smile. Now, it's probably a good time to rewrite the first post with clear ideas, good spelling, punctuation and paragraphs Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, I will do that.  Although, I don't think I mis-spelled anything.  Not an insult to you, but I am a native english speaker.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ayylmao on Discord

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Buster177
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg wtf its peddy  Shocked

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He is like a forum enigma. And why do you need multiple countries? Just GDI and Nod seem fine for me. Unless you want Black Hand and shit.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that this mod will work.And since a lot of people are donating stuff and are helping,I think that the mod must stay just GDI and NOD.So that it's really the first open source mod.

BTW,why is C&C Reloaded a nub mod?I think it's very enjoyable...

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Due to it having Yuri, Allied, and Soviet Union.  That, and there are not very original SW's.  I intend to put as many as possible.  I am actually going to update on how I do some stuff.

EDIT:  Some people cannot see my forum, I believe, so here is my SW article:

This is something I am adding to this area, for an update on how, but I am going to bring back all the SWs, with the exception of DropPods, and the way the Firestorm SW works.
Note this though:  I am using the Rock Patch!

1.)  Multi-Special, a.k.a. the Multi-Missile:
FireSW logic, use the Multi-Missile set-up, only give it to the NAMISL silo, with a charged time animation with the doors open.

2.)  Chemical-Special, a.k.a. the Chemical-Missile:
FireSW logic, use the Chemical missile weapon, using a similiar looking silo, with the same kind of charged time animation with the doors open.

3.)  Hunter-Seekers, a.k.a. the Randomized SW:
Although it won't be completely random, I will use FireSW logic, once again (see where this is going?).  I will create a voxel image of the Hunter-Seeker as a weapon, that hovers slightly below the ground.  No charge time animations for either the Uplink Center or the Temple Of Nod.

4.)  Ion Cannon, a.k.a. the Satellite Dish SW:
This is obvious, perhaps.  I will use the cloned Psychic Dominator SW logic.  That should be all you need to know, other than that it will be modified to fit in like an Ion Cannon.  The charge time will not exist, as it would require modification of the Uplink Center.

5.)  Firestorm Defence, a.k.a. the pointless SW:
This isn't even a SW in my mod, but will seem like it.  I am gonna make a wall that can be walked across, but damages, seeing how it would be completely unfair to NOD.

6.)  EMP Cannon, a.k.a. the misunderstood SW:
This is also obvious, using both the restored EMP logic and FireSW.  Rest is elementary, my dear Watson.

If there are any comments or questions on this, leave a reply below!

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use Force Shield as Firestorm.

XxpeddyxX wrote:
Good luck on that, do a profissional job, not some n00bish job like C&C reloaded did, resized buildings/units/infantry/terrain and tada. Mod's done.

Try to do at least 25% of what FS-21 did with C&C Reloaded. AI, coding, making new hack methods, resizing and polishing up the structures, converting maps e.t.c. e.t.c.

You know what a n00b mod is?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah,that was a lot of work and the mod is really a nice mod to play.

@Modder666 Why not give a direct link to the forum?

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will try and upload the files asap

I have a sugestion how about the super weapon coading goes in the Yuri ini's and the units and countries in the RA2 ini's that way if people don't want the "new" super weapons thew can get rid of the yuri ini's without having to get rid of the whole mod.

BTW can you post a link to the ROCK patch so I can get it

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ORCACommander wrote:
I will try and upload the files asap

I have a sugestion how about the super weapon coading goes in the Yuri ini's and the units and countries in the RA2 ini's that way if people don't want the "new" super weapons thew can get rid of the yuri ini's without having to get rid of the whole mod.

BTW can you post a link to the ROCK patch so I can get it

Rock Patch
Use Google

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks SMIFFGIG

BTW1: didyou recieve my PM
BTW2: The TSR website needs a Massive updating

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Few things, here:

1.) Last time I checked, SMIFFGIG, Rock Patch homepage is removed from search engines' search.

2.)  Last time I checked, CCCP Gosho, guests cannot get to my forum, or any hosted mods forum.

3.) @Speeder:  I was gonna use that as toggle power, maybe I will use it for Fitestorm.  Give some more insight on that idea, though.

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the FS SW, you might wanna try the Laser fence Post.

So what will the multiple factions be? GDI and NOD and all their sub-factions? Black Hand, Pink Hand, Yellow Hand... Nose of Nod? I have the feeling your gonna make factions like Zero Hour. That'll actually be cool but that means you need to make new units.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, I will make just NOD and GDI, then after it gets released, YOU can add all that stuff.  I am not too keen on Generals and stuff like that.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

once comment: ROFL, if I want to play TS i will play TS

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Modder666 -now the bug is fixed.Guests can see the forum,but must log in to read/post.

Here is the link to the Rock patch main page.

@AG-The point in this mod isn't to play TS with your YR disk.The point is to give TS modders more options to choose from when modding.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@CCCP Gosho:  I don't think that it was a bug, just a set preference.

@AG:  Yeah, may be the same to you, but for modders it is different.  When you add a side to TS, no loading screens or related things with the workaround.  With YR: RP, you get the free will to add without bugs.  To modding, this is something that some people may have been waiting for and wanted, but did not have enough time, have the ability, or just might have been too lazy to do this.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Modder666 That was the bug-I didn't set it for your forum...

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps it was NiGhtPish...

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks CCCP Gosho it downloaded in 2 secounds with Comcast Very Happy

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

???

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ment for the link to the rock patch it took it 2 seconnds

Btw Modder666 haven't been able to set up an e-mail acount yet let u know when its up

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright.  I'll keep that in mind.  Also, you can find me at both Lilric7 and Matbathat.  Just letting you know.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ayylmao on Discord

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, do you want me instead to not resize, just fix the pallete issues that arise?

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why not both

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ayylmao on Discord

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon