Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
putting voxels in the game
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lava3burst

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:  putting voxels in the game Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I a new editor and i've made a new voxel and i'm wonderin how am i suppose to put it in the game it just comes up invisible

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which game?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game of yuris revenge I'm tryin to insert it through tibed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any info or help you could offer would be very appreciated

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you put the proper name of the VXL in the art.ini?

ayylmao on Discord

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh nevermind I found out how but thanks for tryin to help

bommop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am utter N00B i have a voxel editor thing how do i even make an image theres 3 boxes and when i colur something in 1 box sumthing hapens in the others its 2 confusing! #Mad #Mad #Mad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
i am utter N00B

Please, don't say that, specially when you don't know the difference of the word newbie and n00b used in the C&C Community forums.

Newbie = person who is new to something and wants to learn.

N00b = misbehaved, arrogant person who self promotes in a shameless way, being destructive to the community. And the person usually doesn't spell words correctly or try some 1337 language.

So, I guess you are a newbie.

Quote:
how do i even make an image theres 3 boxes and when i colur something in 1 box sumthing hapens in the others its 2 confusing!

Translating... wrote:
How do I make an image? There are 3 boxes and when I colour something in 1 box, something happens in the others. It's confusing!

Which boxes are you talking about? Are you talking about the views (front, side and top)? If you paint the front, it shows the same pixel you painted in the side view and top view. There is absolutely nothing with it.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i can't figure this out i made a complete new Unit it's a mammoth apc and i can not get it to show up in the game i even put in the proper image in Tibed i think i mite have messed up in voxel section editor III i need help i want my new unit to show up this is in yuri's the unit is there it's just invisible and i know i put in the proper name cuz i named it MMAPC and that did not work so i re named it MFRT i'm still clueless as to whats wrong and yes i have put in other units before but this one is being a major pain[/img]

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

post your art ini your rules ini and your vxl's and hva's and we can figure it out easyer Smile

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ux2RulesCreator wrote:
post your art ini your rules ini and your vxl's and hva's and we can figure it out easyer Smile

im gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say he doesn't have any HVA's which is why it won't show up.

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well if thats the case then use a hva builder and make them they can be found on the main site i think

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

see my lil picture that is what my unit is supposed to look like

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

see my lil picture that is what my unit is supposed to look like[img]file://C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\winxp\Desktop\Mammoth%20Apc.jpg

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, you can't link a picture from your computer, because we can't see whats on your computer. Use the attach button.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

before i make my self look even more like an idiot how exactually do i use the attach button. is it the URL button sry i'm a net idiot i mostly keep to my quiet corner of the world and do my own thing i know i'm an idiot cuz i can do somthing as simple as add a picture to the post

well any way i tryed somthing new to try to get my unit to work i remade the unit on a existing units save but that did not work either so i have no clue

please help this brain dead idiot #Silly

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where it says add attachment at the bottom of the new post page, click browse and select your file. Then click on add attachment button and submit the post.

And i don't understand what you mean by using another units save?

Have you read this? http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2552

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok so i can't figure out my problem even with all the help you have given the only thing i think might work is i need to send my voxel to someone so they can try and figure it out if any one is willing to try to get my voxel to work i would be greatful thx if there is and spacific way i should send it to you tell me othere wise if you want i'll send it by email agin thx and if you get the voxel to work have fun with it

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i will get it but all you have to do to send it is click on the browse button above the add atachment button then it will bring up a window that probly has like c drive d drive and so on click c drive then program files then west wood then ra2 then to where ever you saved it Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i feel really stupid i've looked and looked and i have not found this add atachment button i don't know if it's just not showing up for me or what i can't find it but i really want someone to try and figure out what i did wrong with my VXL

as soon as i find this add atachment button i've looked on the post page i see nothing that says add atachment
thx for all your help

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here is a link to a page that has my unit on it and the only way i can send this unit to anyone is threw email cuz searched and search but i could not find this add attachment button o well thx here

http://www.xanga.com/talldarkstranger

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's a tip

TD RA1 TS RA2/YR all work the same way expect for a few diffenet file names
you need
[unit].vxl
[unit].hva
all these files must be in a .mix file

rules.ini (place how the unit works here read intsructions first)
No#-[unit]
[unit]
(rules of the unit)

art.ini (the image name here)
unit and fire locations in pixels (which is ratter hard to do manualy)

this should be a check list of what you need to do
read the ppm tutorals for more info

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's actually a pretty nice looking voxel.

attach.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.45 KB
 Viewed:  33112 Time(s)

attach.gif

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wait he is a guest can they add atachments?

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg finally ok it shows up now for some reason all day yesterday i kept trying to log on but it kept making me a guest well now that i finally can show you my unit here

Mammoth 10 apc .jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.24 KB
 Viewed:  33094 Time(s)

Mammoth 10 apc .jpg

Mammoth Apc.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.02 KB
 Viewed:  33094 Time(s)

Mammoth Apc.jpg

MMAPC.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MMAPC.vxl
 Filesize:  211.94 KB
 Downloaded:  412 Time(s)

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so do you have a hva for it?

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
N00b = misbehaved, arrogant person who self promotes in a shameless way, being destructive to the community. And the person usually doesn't spell words correctly or try some 1337 language.

Minus the 'arrogant', 'descructive', and 'doesn't spell words correctly' bits, that described me quite well.

#Tongue

"Banned" RP here

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you mean hva for turret my unit has no turret because it's like a battle fortress or do you mean an animation i have not made any animations i don't think i have the right utilitys i have (Voxel Section Editor III 1.2c , OS HVA Builder 2.0c witch i'm not totally sure how to use i've just used it as a veiwer ) i'm not totall sure how to us it plus i might have to redownload it cuz it has a glitch

makers .jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.53 KB
 Viewed:  33077 Time(s)

makers .jpg

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is what you need for that to work
MMAPC.vxl
MMAPC.hva

and post your art ini and rules ini so we can test it are selfs

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

see thats my problem i don't know how to make an HVA i can make VXL's i could get it to work my self if i could make an HAV

currently alls i have for the are is
[MMAPC]
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
PrimaryFireFLH=220,0,130
AlternateFLH0=45,190,90;gs the five gun ports
AlternateFLH1=45,-190,90
AlternateFLH2=-120,200,80
AlternateFLH3=-120,-200,80
AlternateFLH4=220,0,130

now this is just a clone of Battle fortress art i wanted to get the unit to show up so i could match up where the men and the guns fire out

once i have an HVA i can get it to work

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its easy to make a hva Laughing excpicaly when it dont have a turret or a barl Laughing all you do is open the os hva builder go to open then pick the vxl you want( in your case MMAPC.vxl) and open it then just press save. if you have a turret or a barl they open with the origonal vxl like this
this is a bunch of pics to help dirrect you first is just a opend vxl for making vxls thats all you need to do besides click save if you have no turrets or barls
and if you do to move the highlighted section of the vxl(red part) click the vxl offset button on pic 2, pic 3 shows moving the hilgighted section. to change the direction your changing it click on either x y or z like on pic 4. and to change the section click on the arrow to bring down the list of sections like on the final pic.

i hoped this helped Smile

opend hva.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.89 KB
 Viewed:  33053 Time(s)

opend hva.JPG

offset.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.96 KB

offset.JPG

move tank.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.59 KB

move tank.JPG

move up.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.9 KB

move up.JPG

change section.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.82 KB

change section.JPG

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you very much i'll try that when i get home i have to go to work now later and thanks agin later

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i finally got it to work thx to everyone that helped here is an in game screen shot

Mammoth screen shot.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.85 KB
 Viewed:  33037 Time(s)

Mammoth screen shot.jpg

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glad to help and it looks good Smile

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok this is sad i don't know whats wrong first when i make units they have this lighten and darken problem and my unit is not centered not centered

Mammoth Battle Apc 3.jpg
 Description:
not centered comes out wrong
 Filesize:  27.41 KB
 Viewed:  32781 Time(s)

Mammoth Battle Apc 3.jpg

Mammoth Battle Apc 2.jpg
 Description:
the unit is not centered how do i center it
 Filesize:  15.64 KB
 Viewed:  32780 Time(s)

Mammoth Battle Apc 2.jpg

Mammoth Battle Apc.jpg
 Description:
ok see for some reson it goes light to dark depending on the direction the unit faces
 Filesize:  27.49 KB
 Viewed:  32780 Time(s)

Mammoth Battle Apc.jpg

MAMPC.hva
 Description:
here if you can test or fix this and tell me what i'm doing wrong

Download
 Filename:  MAMPC.hva
 Filesize:  88 Bytes
 Downloaded:  475 Time(s)

MAMPC.vxl
 Description:
here if you can test or fix this and tell me what i'm doing wrong

Download
 Filename:  MAMPC.vxl
 Filesize:  100.28 KB
 Downloaded:  464 Time(s)

kique221

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:  how to put a voxel in a red alert 2? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how do you put a voxel in a red alert 2 game? can any one tell me please i am trying to learn. Very Happy

ps. sorry for the bad writing i am new trying to speak and write english im puertorican Cool

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The same way as in YR , and TS and FS.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum