Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
[RA2] Sillyanas Deep (2-6) by Oredragon
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:  [RA2] Sillyanas Deep (2-6) by Oredragon Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Official Red Alert 2 Submission - WINNER!

Map Name: Sillyanas Deep
Author: Oredragon
Site: RADEN (cncgames.com)
Game: Red Alert 2 (rename the map to .yrm extension to play YR)
Best Rating On OMCs: <none>
Best Position On OMCs: <none>
Players: 6
Futurely Featured In: <none>

Ratings:

Original Concept: 16.4%/20%
Ballance: 13.6/15%
Eye Candy: 28.0%/30%
Fun Factor: 15.4%/20%
Triggers: 13.8%/15%
-------------------------------------
Overall Score: 87.20% (SPOTLIGHTED)
Valid Score: 87.33% (NEW OMC RECORD!)

JonhWE's Position: 1st - 85.0% (BEST!)
Braddoc's Position: 1st - 96.0% (BEST and Classic!)
Clazzy's Position: 3rd - 78.0%
Flak's Position: 2nd - 88.0%
Lion's Position: 1st - 89.0%  (BEST!)
-------------------------------
Final Position: 1st (WINNER!)

Comments (Note: all maps were submitted to judges anonymously to avoid biased reviews, so the judges had no idea of who submitted the map):

-> JohnWE's Review:

Original Concept: 13/20
Balance: 12/15
Eye Candy: 30/30
Fun Factor: 15/20
Triggers: 15/15

Comments: Superb map here! Very detailed with many civilian vehicles roaming around. It has good resource amounts, and lots of neutral buildings to occupy. If you could improve it, I'd say to give the players a better way to navigate to the enemy base, as there are a lot of impediments to pathfinding in the way. That and a bit more room to build a base would be good.

Total: 85/100

-> Braddoc's Review:

Original Concept: 18/20 –
- Great Job, I love the placement of the cities- it really gives you something to fight for.
Balance: 15/15 –
- Great Job.
Eye Candy: 28/30 –
- Brilliant work, the only thing I found was the Ruins sitting in the water falls. Not to mention the water falls come out of no where up on that little cliff. But nice job anyway, I am just being picky.
Fun Factor: 20/20 –
- I had a great time playing this map. Nice job.
Triggers: 15/15 –
- Wow, and you earned every one of those points.

Total: 96/100

-> Clazzy's Review:

- (20%) Original Concept: 17
- (15%) Balance: 13
- (30%) Eyecandy: 27
- (20%) Fun Factor: 7
- (15%) Triggers: 14
Total: 78%

- Very nice map, however very laggy.
- Good trigger work, although it's probably the reason why the map lags.
- Very well detailed.

-> Flak's Review:

Original Concept: 16% - 'Capture the Centre' kinda map.  Each player gets a similar bit of space but the mapper has kept the build ares different enough to keep it interesting.
Balance: 14% - Very good.  3 access points to each base and a good amount of resources for each player.
Eye Candy: 28% - Gorgeous to look at.  Lighting is spot on, day/night loop in place, nice little towns and shorelines.  Excellent cliffwork.  Only flaw I could find was a shoreline tiling error.
Fun Factor: 17% - Craziness!  Half way through my game a bunch of Tiberian Sun units appeared in the centre of the map, which was really quite funny.  There are civilians wandering about wherever they please regardless of the traffic, and there are planes going all over the place - it's a crazy map.  The AI is hard too.  The only potential problem is, it may be hard to enjoy if you're looking for a quick game and nothing else.
Triggers: 13% - There are units constantly moving around the map as well as some interesting events throughout the game.  Makes it different from the usual, in a good kinda way. 'Overkill' comes to mind sometimes, though.

Total: 88/100

-> Lion's Review:

Original Concept: 18/20 VERY realistic Island map...I like this one much!
Eye-Candy:  27/30 Beautiful cliff work. Excellent mix of Temp/Urban. Very eye appealing with nice building layouts, rivers with waterfalls, etc. I did notice a few very minor tiling errors on some of the cliffs.
Fun Factor:  18/20 I'd play this one over n over again. AI does well.
Balance:  14/15 Overall balance is good and equal for each player.
Triggers:         12/15    Triggers Work

Total:            89/100

Map ReadMe Contents:

A temperate/urban map with many cliffs.
Each player start on the edge of the island, and between all players are small city's.
As the day go on, people start their doings, and traffic find its way in the town.
In each city are tech goodies to capture.
In the center of the island is a large patch of gems to harvest, which can give you control over the game.
But be aware, because on night the center, with all that blinking gems will be guarded by very, very dangrous units from long ago.
When EVA says they are coming, you better listen, and leave the gems to "them".

Map contains:
-civilian activities.
-day-night loop, and all civilian activities are parallel to this.
-at night some ancient dropships, MammothMK2s and howitsers guarding the center patch.
-Light triggers, bound to the day-night loop. at night the city's will be lighted by them.

Nickname:Oredragon (you can find me many times on RA2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download it HERE.
The zip file contains the map and a full information with rates, judge comments, mapper comment and documentation.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, I think that some seriously over-powered Russian Mammoth and Heavy tanks from Red Alert I would have been better a better idea.. but.. hey, his choice..

The map looks awesome, I'll try & play it soon..

"Banned" RP here

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah,the TS units are still a surprize.I was shocked when I saw them the first time(I hadn't read the whole text here).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon