Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
Basic - Building construction yards
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject:  Basic - Building construction yards
Subject description: Building construction yards crashes the game
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Building construction yards crashes the game when you go to cancel building it, so you can build it but don't dare cancel it after youve started building!

Anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks for any help!!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem is not everyone uses the Ares patch. It would be so simple if everyone did. But as Graion posted, it's a problem that occurs without the Ares patch.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! atleast now i know

My mod is using Ares 8 me and my neighbor connect to the same router and play lan but ever since Ive added ares crashes began happening almost every game in game and after not being able to find the problem in the code we tried without Ares and it stopped crashing =\ Which sucks because my laser fences and custom paradrops will be missed Sad

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem shouldn't exist while using the Ares patch. Are you sure it isn't your code?

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kamuix wrote:
My mod is using Ares 8 me and my neighbor connect to the same router and play lan but ever since Ive added ares crashes began happening almost every game in game and after not being able to find the problem in the code we tried without Ares and it stopped crashing =\ Which sucks because my laser fences and custom paradrops will be missed Sad

What makes you think that is caused by the Construction Yard?
After all, you did add the always-so-stable internet connection to the game. I bet it's something else.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jeeez, so instead of solving the crashing problem like you know provide EIP etc except.txt logs to AlexB to look into problem you just went, oh lets just dump ARES (and thus use plain YR 1.001) and say nothing so problem is never solved...

Rolling Eyes

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hotrods, you ignored my sigh.

Kamuix overhyped this bug and asked for a solution, I linked him the Ares bugfix which is there since first build - pointing him out that ModEnc could've tell him it's not new at all.

Also, Apollo, don't be surprised, guy's post history speaks for itself.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion I didn't mean to make you upset again

Also guys I didn't dump Ares. All my ares code is still a part of my mod and i run Ares every time I play skirmish which always works fine no crashes when in skirmish which I find weird. Were just playing without Ares until I can fix it.

I will definately send the aAres creator my crash dump if I cannot fix it soon thanks for suggesting that.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check debug.log first, dumdum.

=======================

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will do Graion thanks I should of explained in more detail from the beginning =]

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon