Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Forward unto Sun
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject:  Forward unto Sun Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's Nothing just small mod i made to practice how to use OpenRa. Thank to apollo who spare his time make special palette for me now i just dig my old asset and convert them use in OpenRa TD. I still consider to release them as public asset but since no one mod TD/Ra1 anymore or maybe it should keep it to make TS with TD graphic [Who wanna join with me?] since these shp not require texture make it really easy to create and port to the game in few min. :p

but still i wonder if current feature Openra can make TS weapon like Sonic beam , Railgun , EMP , Reaper Web

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the look of the Juggernauts and Titans in the first screenshot!

You could release the assets, it wouldn't hurt. Some one might find them useful.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fine! Here you are.  Very Happy

This pack include
- Behemoth = 4legs Juggernaut you saw in picture.
- Titan
- Wolverine
- Hover Railgun Tank = not show on this shot.

*Note* not include rules if you need action sequence please go check.
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=525011#525011

it should help you.

TD_Pack.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TD_Pack.zip
 Filesize:  332.53 KB
 Downloaded:  31 Time(s)

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woww, Holy_Master you still alive Very Happy

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not die so easily. [but lazy is another...] :p

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I wouldn't mind doing some of the programming you might need. Although I don't have too much experience with the engine so far, I did add in a couple new production methods which I have improved on since I last made a post about them. Sonics, EMP, Web launchers, etc will all need new code although since the OpenRA team is already working on a TS mod, it'll eventually get done.

EDIT: Oh and if you use Blender, I would like to know how you made these SHPs. I have my own plans for a RA mod but is more or less a dream at this point in time since I need more graphical assets, aside from requiring whole lot more logics that likely more complicated than what I've added so far. And as for logics you'd need I assume these:

Jumpjet Movement
*Amphibious Transformation
Hovering
Sonic Beams
Railguns
*EMP w/ Mobile EMP
Limpet Drones
Hunter Seekers (very fast suicide aircraft & rejects orders are possible already, unsure about defaulting to hunt activity)
*Components (See #7410)
Firestorm Wall System
Subterranean Movement respecting Pavement
*Gates
Droppods
Cyborgs
Auto-deploy Attacks (For TS-style Artillery)
Web Launchers
Splitting Missiles
Laser Fence Posts
Weeds/Weed Eaters
Chemical Missile respecting Weeds
Day/Night Lighting & Cycle
*Alpha Lighting w/ Night-time Lighting (weapon effects and maybe headlights?)

Spotlights?
TS-style Ion Cannon?

* Note: I'm considering working on these on my own anyways.

At least those are the logics from TS I see missing in OpenRA, obviously they'll come eventually it just shows you how much work there is.

Last edited by Darkstorm on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:26 am; edited 4 times in total

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey that looks pretty freakin sweet!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Oh and if you use Blender, I would like to know how you made these SHPs. I have my own plans for a RA mod but is more or less a dream at this point in time since I need more graphical assets, aside from requiring whole lot more logics that likely more complicated than what I've added so far. And as for logics you'd need I assume these: .

Thank you for your interesting. Very Happy  

So.. what i fear is true seem like it need extra programming but still not beyond my expect.

truly I also plan for a lot bigger project [and maybe most ambition mod project I ever plan] on Openra [not just only plan but I already start working on it] but since I experience  only few thing with the engine i decide to practice by make small on it before do the real thing.

it would be great if i can get my hand on all logic you list even I need only some of them but my main project also plan around those logic anyway.

well... if you also have your own ultimate mod idea feel free to tell me and I will share mine and let see if we can adjust our both idea and work it together.

and oh.. all my unit made by 3d studio max and i can provide my camera scene if anyone want but IMO my lighting still need more work,

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I wouldn't expect to be able to do all those on my own, maybe a handful at best. At this point in time, I've only done small stuff. But, I'll see what I can do and keep in mind that all those will get done at some point as the OpenRA devs work on their TS mod for the engine, right now I believe they're still working on the isometric terrain but they'll have to add those logics in eventually to have a complete TS.

As for my mod idea, it was planned for Red Alert not Tiberian Dawn so there really isn't a good way to merge the two. It's partially based off this alternate history scenario. Essentially I was planning to add a new faction which represents a large faction of German resistance using psuedo-Nod tactics representing a highly nationalistic faction in Germany that has hatred toward the Allies for World War I and hatred toward the Soviet Union for being an invading foreign power and well, communism. It kind of fills a plot hole I see where the chaos in Germany is just kind of hand waived away like it was modern Germany in that situation.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah.. I see your idea is setting around WW2 alot different from i plan which more like Starcraft with no alien. :p

and truly i don't mind if my mod will work on TD Ra1 or D2k as long as it allow me to make my job easily i'll do it.

I'm not serious about isometric terrain since i decide to keep camera angle same to TD/Ra1 with only bigger graphic only what i worry about is support Logic since my mod has design around TS logic.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty sure you just load up extra mod dlls, so you could get TD/RA/D2K/TS features all in your project.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah that seem like only what  I can do. it's like i need to do other thing until OpenTS has been release.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even OpenTS will gonna load up the others. Everything relies on the RA mod.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Phrohdoh
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach: That is becoming less and less true as we have been (for quite some time) moving this to Mods.Common, please do study these things.

Holy_Master: Nice project so far, I would love to see more of it!
If you have free time please feel free to join us at #OpenRA on irc.freenode.net, we'd love to help with any issues or misunderstandings you (or anyone else) may have!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like I said, my idea is nothing but a dream at this point. It's just something I'd like to get to eventually and working more with the engine is likely to help me do that. Keep in mind though, all the features listed are likely in various stages of development already as TS is the next big milestone for OpenRA.

m7 wrote:
I'm pretty sure you just load up extra mod dlls, so you could get TD/RA/D2K/TS features all in your project.

Well currently all the mods on the platform load up all the DLLs. As the team continues to migrate shared code to Mods.Common, this is more than likely to change.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phrohdoh wrote:
Graion Dilach: That is becoming less and less true as we have been (for quite some time) moving this to Mods.Common, please do study these things.

I already studied more of your things than you ever will of our things, lad. But keep up this tone and I will even regret that giving up my OpenRA grudge was a good idea.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try with new aircraft unit. :p

for weird reason the game not allow me add new graphic for projectile.  i just try to put Ra fire ball into TD.  completely no idea why.

this's how i did.

Quote:
[Add to Sequences--->misc]
fireb1:
idle:
Start: 0
Length: *

fireb2:
idle:
Start: 0
Length: *

Quote:
[Add to mod root-->weapons]
FireballLauncher:
ReloadDelay: 65
Range: 5c0
Burst: 2
BurstDelay: 20
Projectile: Bullet
Speed: 204
Trail: fireb2
Image: fireb1
Warhead@1Dam: SpreadDamage
Spread: 213
Damage: 50
DeathType: 5
Versus:
None: 100
Wood: 50
Light: 75
Heavy: 25
Concrete: 50
Warhead@2Smu: LeaveSmudge
SmudgeType: Scorch
Warhead@3Eff: CreateEffect
Explosion: med_napalm
ImpactSound: flamer2.aud

and it give me error follow my log...

*i have try to remove fireb1/2 from misc and change tail+image on weapon code to same as normal missile then the game will run as normal make me sure the error some from new animation i add to sequences-->misc *

log.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  log.zip
 Filesize:  30.68 KB
 Downloaded:  11 Time(s)

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok decide to make it become full mod now. if anything work follow what i expect i don't think it'll take much time to finish [only what i need to put inside is building and infantry anyway]. and yes i'll be c&c4 with TD style graphic. [and it have base building!]  Very Happy

kill_gdi.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  374.57 KB
 Viewed:  3180 Time(s)

kill_gdi.png

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome :O

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So are you going to render your old RoS buildings into this engine for this project, or do you have something else in mind?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sadly I've lost many Model of ROS building many ago... if they still with me i'm sure that i will use it and make my life easier. - -

now seem like i need to make all new for them or retexture model i still have.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not quite sure where the error is, the log makes it sound like it can't find something. On the face of it though, it looks like good code. Are you sure it's picking up SHPs? They should be fireb1.shp and fireb2.shp, toss them in root/bits just to be safe.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dont worry i found and fix those error already. [reason is Openra seem refuse to read some size of shp which quite annoy but atleast i learn it already...]

only problem i heave for now is about how to deal with unit attack offset...

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I already like it more than C&C4 #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon