Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Future Ares 0.9 revisits the Past
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 3 [133 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't ran into Sight issues per se. On the other hand the GapGen-Superweapons-shroud bug still happens, notsure if that falls under this.

Temporal=yes in OpenTopped IFVs doesn't crash now, but passenger doesn't fire neither. I am already fine with this outcome tho.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for testing. Psychic Reveal in both modes now uses the same mechanism to reveal portions of the map or the entire map. That is, now the time needed depends on the number of cells affected. If full map reveal is almost instantaneous, ranged reveal cannot be slower than that. This is actually not quite true, as the ranged one might also affect cells outside the map. This case is caught, but also takes a bit of time.

MasterHaosis: The lines should not be there. Thinking about it a second time, I might have found the reason for that. Will see to get that fixed.

4StarGeneral: How do you play a game where Sight isn't used? O_o There really isn't much to test in particular. It should just work as always, but now without unnecessary work that was just slow and didn't affect the outcome. Smile

Graion Dilach: The passenger cannot fire, because the TemporalClass is moved over to the Gunner. It is then owned by the vehicle only, and not the infantry any more. From the game POV, the first passenger is the driver, and it uses its own weapon. Thus when the IFV is firing, it's actually supposed to be the infantry firing. Maybe a better way would be to deactivate any first passenger of an opentopped gunner...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Maybe a better way would be to deactivate any first passenger of an opentopped gunner...

Certainly not. If the current state is the only option then this option is okay. That idea would completely break opentopped-gunner combination units (which I'll have around 3 in the long run, I think).

It was only a note of mine but since the crash itself is fixed, I'm happy.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There will be another build soon, fixing the sight issue, which was a math error I introduced when optimizing.

Graion: I don't find that too obvious. If you put a GI into an IFV, the IFV changes its weapon to the GI-IFV-mode weapon. The GI himself cannot fire or it fires as the IFV (depending on point of view). If you make the Gunner OpenTopped=yes, then the IFV can fire, as well as the GI inside. Now two GI weapons are used. Same with the other IFV modes, except for Temporal: The CLEG cannot fire from inside, the weapon went to the Gunner IFV. I find it slightly unintuitive that the first passenger's weapon may fire twice.

On the other hand, it will be inconsistent anyhow, depending on whether an infantry unit is first passenger or not, because either the IFV mode or the OpenTopped weapon would be used. Whatever the solution is, it won't be perfect.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Gunner unit does not need to be an IFV. You could have a unit with a missile launcher equipped with various kind of warheads, and the crew decides the used kind based upon the unit entering into it... a GI will insist this crew use HE missiles, while a GGI AP, etc.

Or you can have a balloonhover unit with a transporter beam, a laser and a free slot, in which case, the IFV logic is only used to enable the laser instead of the transporter.

As I said, the current solution is imo the best option.

=======================

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The last build before the RC phase is now here, way too late. No new features obviously, only fixes for Ares bugs. I'm still going through the lists of commits to update LaunchPad, but I'm only halfway through. I hope this will be solved soon.

• Sight issues have been resolved
  • [Weapon]Anim= tag now supports lists longer than 127 chars
  • Fixed some extended list length tags
  • NaturalParticleLocation parsing was broken and has been fixed
  • [TechnoType]DebrisAnims= has been expanded also
  • EMP now also disables temporal weapons
  • Temporals could toggle power even if that was not allowed
  • Disallow toggling power when a building is under the effect of EMP
  • Always display the power off animation when the building is shut down
  • Fixed non-original SWs falling back to default EVA messages

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, sight lines seems to be fixed, but looks funny, like shadow of some castle, bricks....

And debris with long characters in list seems to work, I put this on tank:
DebrisAnim=Dbris3sm,Dbris4lg,Dbris4sm,Dbris6sm,Dbris7lg,Dbris7sm,Dbris8sm, Dbris9lg,Dbris10lg,Dbris10sm,Dbris3sm,Dbris4lg,Dbris4sm,Dbris6sm,Dbris7lg, Dbris7sm,Dbris8sm,Dbris9lg,Dbris10lg,Dbris10sm,Dbris3sm,Dbris4lg,Dbris4sm, Dbris6sm,Dbris7lg,Dbris7sm,Dbris8sm,Dbris9lg,Dbris10lg,Dbris10sm
MinDebris=5
MaxDebris=6

As you can see, in both case when GIs destroyed tank, those debrises are spawning which means that tag seems working.

edit AlexB: Broke the long line down.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its DebrisAnims= not DebrisAnim= btw.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I opened rulesmd.ini and typed search for DebrisAnim= and I stopped counting when I got 100 of those, and the half list of such. So tons of Techno types are using DebrisAnim= instead of DebrisAnims=
I even saw about 30 typos of Maxdebris= instead of MaxDebris=

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is indeed 'DebrisAnims', look it up yourself at address: 00444368
To prevent any further confusion or discussion, it is 'MaxDebris': 0044439C

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah I got it why it worked for me. Its because of Min/MaxDebris settings, so if DebrisAnims was misspelled, game put debrises on default list perhaps.
I fixed typo, put on 20 debris, destroyed that Titan, and seems that it works with longer list, I notice different debrises

Nevermind, any new test guys? Or again, nobody interested... I told you that you cannot depend on me and my testings only, if I report something that works, you should test out your own combinations too. This was perfect example, I am not familiar with debris thing, I am not interested or using them, I just tested it using Westwood's misspelled code names. Luckily we had Apollo and RP to correct me.

BaRaka
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found a bug wich, probably, is a little older.
Warhead SW is Attaching effects to armors it should ignore for having  Verses set to 0%:

Code:

[SuperWeaponTypes]

16=NewWarheadCloak

[Warheads]

124=AttachCloakWH

[NewWarheadCloak]

Type=GenericWarhead
SW.Damage=10
SW.Warhead=AttachCloakWH

[AttachCloakWH]
Verses=0%,0%,0%,2%,2%,2%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
CellSpread.MaxAffect=1
AnimList=SWWARN
Report=SpyUplinkOff
CellSpread=5 ;
PercentAtMax=1
AttachEffect.Animation=ATTACHCLOAK
AttachEffect.Duration=900
AttachEffect.TemporalHidesAnim=no
AttachEffect.ForceDecloak=no
AttachEffect.Cumulative=no ;;;yes ;;
AttachEffect.AnimResetOnReapply=yes
AttachEffect.DiscardOnEntry=no
AttachEffect.Cloakable=yes

If AttachCloakWH is used as regular warhead for a regular weapon, only the vehicles in the area where the weapon was fired will be affected (cloaked).

But if fired by the SW, it will give invisibilty not only to vehicles, but will Attach the specified animation and will cloak the infantry and the buildings in the area, too, even if the warhead is set to 0% for their armor and should ignore them.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I noticed this too recently. Might be worth checking earlier Ares and see if it was broken at some point.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is an old bug and should be already fixed in the newest build. Did you check if it still happens there?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you concretize this a bit, maybe with rough version numbers? Was it working in October, but not working since November? Or was it more like broken in 0.5?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was looking through the posts here to check off the confirmed blueprints and bug fixes, but I noticed only about a third of them were confirmed yet. I see several feature requests, also some bug reports, but very often the stuff isn't confirmed working or fixed later. I haven't looked at all the items yet to see whether there are posts on them, but it doesn't look good. This surprised me, because I thought several more issues have been tested already and only a few have not.

Mention what works and what not, but please, do not mention such things to me in chat. I cannot keep track of the chat or quote the chat, and also I have to either handle the report immediately or weed through dozens of places to collect the reports. I'm not gonna do that, for obvious reasons. It is already difficult to find out what was tested here completely, not only partially. I know this part of the work isn't fun; I know because I've been the one creating the bug reports and blueprints on LaunchPad for people who only mention issues here or in chat instead of where they belong -- and I don't want to continue like this.

This was the biggest Ares version for quite some time, maybe not measured in new features, but definitely in terms of changed lines of code. It has already been delayed for about a month, and I think everybody sees that it will miss even that deadline. Also, I still have lots of work in front of me, with some issues still left to be resolved, and finally I'll still have to write the documentation for all these changes. AI SW Targeting alone could be half a novel.

Another point is that whenever I'm about to call it a day, new issues come up that have their roots in the past and should have arisen and been resolved weeks ago already. So, when I'm mentally on the home stretch for the release, I have to stop and go back and revisit some older feature. You have no idea how demotivating this is. This led to my batteries being almost depleted, and the release date as a station to charge them is still kilometers away.

At the moment I'm also a little thin-skinned because of a recent incident which prevents me from working with full power. The batteries now also leak at the moment.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- Ares' new warhead effects appear to be applied at the location of the projectile's hit
- MessageDelay is now properly applied to SW and building event-related text messages
- Crush command works again
- Message.SilosNeeded works and displays at roughly the same moment the EVA report is played
- campaign list extensions work as shown in the picture posted earlier
- KillDriver.Owner works, I could change between Special and Civilian for Morales' warhead. In a SP mission, even though I wasn't allied to Civilian, Morales stopped firing at the unit when the targeted tank was emptied. This is still something that mission designer should check whenever he modifies alliances of JP or Neutral
- PoweredUnit handling no longer only looks at the first building but all of them
- Factory Owners remaining active when objects like ConYard are undeployed and deployed again seems to work

Shroud:
- while the recent shroud changes are good, I'll note this thing. I'm not sure why this area is being revealed, especially considering it's at height 8 compared to the GIs while for a difference in height of 4 it seems fine
// EDIT: Original game bug

Superweapons:

- the issue related to AttachEffect SWs provided via map events is fixed

- the issue which prevented a SW.AutoFire=yes, SW.Targeting=Self Force Shield from firing at its own provider building with ForceShield.Modifier=0% is fixed

- multiple SuperWeapons on one building work but it seems if a SW with SW.RangeMaximum is listed under SuperWeapons instead of the original SuperWeapon, it will not be possible to fire it

- SW.RequiredHouses and SW.ForbiddenHouses work

- SW.AuxBuildings and SW.NegBuildings work

- Inhibitors work on buildings and units, even the ones that move, wow!

- SW.Warhead=<none> thing on Genetic Mutator and Nuke doesn't crash the game

- Chronosphere clone's SW.Animation (the animation which is the looped portal at the source location for the original SW) only displays the very first frame for a brief second and then you have to remember where you opened the portal cause the animation isn't visible anymore; the issue seems to go back all the way to 0.4 at least. Shamefur dispray, testers.

MultiEngineer:

- There is definitely something wrong with the logic. Even though in skirmish of Mental Omega MultiEngineer is set to be always in play, there are matches in which it is possible to capture a building with a single Engineer just as if the ME settings were not "parsed" at all for the match. In the second match right after ME failed in the previous one, it worked properly again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
- Chronosphere clone's SW.Animation (the animation which is the looped portal at the source location for the original SW) only displays the very first frame for a brief second and then you have to remember where you opened the portal cause the animation isn't visible anymore; the issue seems to go back all the way to 0.4 at least. Shamefur dispray, testers.

It never worked with clones actually. I found it out around 0.3, but since even that was after Alex explicitly said he had enough of fiddling with that, I just shrugged.

=======================

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That cannot be right. I still have two Chronospheres in my rules, still back from testing this, and they both show the default ChronoPlacement animation. I changed one to WARPOUT, and it played to end. I remember I looked into this issue back then (I was suspecting AutoFire), so it's not like I didn't care.

Looking back, recoding the chronosphere with support for moving buildings was a too big undertaking for me, with just about three months of experience working on Ares. And if I could, I would remove that part of Super Weapons, as I still cannot recommend this feature.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had an 1x1 Chronosphere for a long time and I never seen the source loopanim (bubble warpanims worked at both), even if I utilized all tags or none.

Ultimately I cut it out instead of reporting - Mev said it would be too confusing with such a setup.

=======================

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New binary, with some more fixes. While there are still some issues (not as many as a few days ago) to be confirmed, I prepared to start writing the documentation. This will keep me busy for a few days of boredom. Use this build for now, as it should almost be the RC. Maybe I'll deliver a proper RC soon; that really depends on the number of new bugs that come up in the next days.

• Sight should now work as in 0.8
  • Apply Verses for AttachEffects even if the warhead has no owner (GenericWarhead, ...)
  • Support SuperWeapons= on SW.AITargeting=Self, and launch site search
  • GenericWarhead now checks ranges and power requirements on firing building
  • The way the Nuke Silo is picked is changed to support power and range checks
  • Fix for the Chrono Placement animation issue on Type=ChronoWarp SWs

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chrono Placement is fixed for sure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not having issues with Superweapons and AE not obeying verses anymore using the most recent binary.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When writing the documentation, I found some more bugs that I couldn't leave unfixed. I shouldn't start writing the documentation... I also removed the Reveal.FullMap tag, because it was inconsistent. No new tag is required, just set SW.Range=-1 instead, just as you would on the Sonar Pulse. And Ares got a bit smaller again: close to 900kB now.

• SecretLab.GenerateOnCapture did not work. It shouldn't ever have worked like that. false alarm
  • Full-map Sonar Pulse was broken and still showed the target cursor
  • Infantry ejected from OpenTopped vehicles by KillDriver are fixed
  • Infantry that KillDriver can't eject are registered as destroyed (which might fix some map triggers not firing)

Last edited by AlexB on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impossible, I used GenerateOnCapture for YEARS now, it never failed me.

=======================

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are right, sorry. I missed a function call to that Place function from ChangeOwnership.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tested Facings=32

Code:
WalkFrames=21
StartStandFrame=704
StandingFrames=1
Facings=32

It works well for me. However, the Image tag does not work, I'm not sure if it worked before with SHP units.

Facings32test.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Facings32test.shp
 Filesize:  4.73 MB
 Downloaded:  17 Time(s)

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It never worked for units.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kinda late, I'll make it short. I just uploaded a new binary which fixes the HunterSeeker and EnemyBase targeting types, and it also removed the SecretLab fix that was not needed. This version is the Release Candidate for Ares 0.9. On LaunchPad there's a package containing a preliminary documentation. All features are described, but it's still rough around the edges, and there are some errors to fix.

The RC phase should not take too long, and I planned to have 0.9 out no later than mid-February.

Kik0u
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little post for saying, i have tested :

SW.RequiredHouses=
SW.ForbiddenHouses=

SW.AITargeting=
SW.AIRequiresTarget=
SW.AIRequiresHouse=

thats work fine.
A little complicated for understand correctly, but now i have completly understand how the AI targeting work.
Thanks Alex for the explication.  Wink

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks all for participating! Ares 0.9 is out now.

This thread is closed, and I'll open another one for the next release when time comes.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 3 [133 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon