Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The slow voyage towards Ares 0.8
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [92 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A 5x5 fake building#1 spawns fake building#2 and four tower and destroy itself.

Fake building2 has a custom foundation which occupy all cells except corners. This ensures the four towers be placed at the corners.

After that, fake building2 spawns the weather controler and destroy it self.

I'm still not able to remove the crater.
Even when buildings'  Explosion= and DebrisAnims= are all empty.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you check if it's fail-proof? I'd assume there's at least a 1 frame delay between "the spawnings" so what if a very fast unit or teleporter moves into the field of initial 5x5 building placement before sub-objects are deployed?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If something get in, all construction will be messed up.

Perhaps it is not so easy to get something in.

Need testing.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RehteA, You will be able to get rid of craters when merging with Rubble. you will need to add
Code:
Rubble.Destroyed.Remove=yes

Last edited by Glukv48 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good day! The Ares 0.8 RC1 is there, with a few more additions and changes. One notable change is the inclusion of Gluk-v48's rubble expansion.

I'll start writing the documentation soon. Thus: for now this RC only contains the 0.7 manual. A second RC will follow in ten days to two weeks, with some more optimizations.

Rubble expansion by Gluk-v48
Rubble.Destroyed=
Rubble.Intact=
BuildingType, as before.

Addition:
Rubble.Destroyed.Remove=
Rubble.Intact.Remove=
Boolean, defaults to no. Overrides Rubble.Destroyed= or Rubble.Intact=. Removes the building from the map when an engineer enters or the building is destroyed.

Rubble.Destroyed.Owner=
Rubble.Intact.Owner=
One of enumeration default,civilian,neutral,special,random.

Rubble.Destroyed.Strength= (defaults to 0)
Rubble.Intact.Strength= (defaults to -1)
Integer.
-1: create with one percent health
0: full health
1...Strength: this health
Warning: If you create Destroyed rubble with low health, the game can freeze. Do not do this.

Rubble.Destroyed.Anim=
Rubble.Intact.Anim=
Animation played when the building is swapped or removed.

Academy for specific types only
Now it is possible to have tech buildings like a Tesla Center that only benefit Tesla Troopers and Tanks, or an academy that does not benefit Kirovs.

[BuildingType]Academy.Types= (list of TechnoTypes, defaults to none)
The types affected by this academy. Only types in this list get the defined bonuses. If the list is empty, all types are affected.

[BuildingType]Academy.Ignore= (list of TechnoTypes, defaults to none)
The types that will never be affected by this academy.

Changed the frame calculation for repair and power off images
This should fix the slow playback issue.

Super weapon options affects campaign
It should not be possible to turn off super weapons in campaigns by disabling them in skirmish.

Possible crash on close issue fixed
If anyone is still having the game crash when closing: A potential source for this has been fixed.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Small question - does Rubble system works with ReturnStructures?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

Academy for specific types only
Now it is possible to have tech buildings like a Tesla Center that only benefit Tesla Troopers and Tanks, or an academy that does not benefit Kirovs.

[BuildingType]Academy.Types= (list of TechnoTypes, defaults to none)
The types affected by this academy. Only types in this list get the defined bonuses. If the list is empty, all types are affected.

[BuildingType]Academy.Ignore= (list of TechnoTypes, defaults to none)
The types that will never be affected by this academy.

Changed the frame calculation for repair and power off images
This should fix the slow playback issue.

Well I don't know about Rubble Expansion, but I can say that the Academy stuff work. All tested!

Also, the wrench animation is back to normal speed.

Great work, AlexB!

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion: ReturnStructures works with structures that were originally owned by a MultiplayPassive country. As rubble now can be created with neutral/special/civilian ownership, this counts as "originally owned", thus: I see no technical restriction why rubble should not be "given back" to neutral. If you don't want this behavior, you can set Returnable=no on the rubble structure explicitly.

PillBox20: Thanks!

A clarification for the rubble remark: I suspect this to only happen with structure that are their own rubble, or with cycles of rubble structures. I.e. GABLDX being demolished into GABLDX directly or indirectly, like GABLDX->GARBLX->GABLDX.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, that is my plan with CABLDX being CAOILD f. e..

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance to make Rubble.Intact= also work with the normal repair system and not require an engineer? Would prefer to slowly repair rubble over time instead of micro-managed instant repair.

How does the AI react to the rubble system BTW, if one of it's buildings gets turned into rubble does it just build a new one and ignore the rubble version?

When using Rubble.Destroyed/Intact.Strength if 0 = 100% & -1 = 1%, then -0.5 = 50%? Would be less confusing if you could just use percentages with these tags IMO.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Any chance to make Rubble.Intact= also work with the normal repair system and not require an engineer? Would prefer to slowly repair rubble over time instead of micro-managed instant repair.

You want to, a set of new tags. Something like that:
Code:
Rubble.Repair=
Rubble.Repair.Remove=
Rubble.Repair.Owner=
Rubble.Repair.Strength=
Rubble.Repair.Anim=

Quote:
then -0.5 = 50%?
No, Rubble.*.Strength= takes only integer values, -1 - is a special value. If the value not is -1, and does not fit the 0<X<Strength, then it will be at full health.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI support for rubble does not exist. It should just rebuild the original building, and AI engineers can not detect that rubble buildings need a repair.

There's no point in adding more tags for every edge case. The logic previously had exactly two tags, and it did what it should do. The expansion added 8 more and this would bring it to 15 tags now, which is just overkill. I prefer to add more thought first before adding more tags.

It would be better to rethink rubble entirely, if more of these requirements come up. The rubble thread was around for some time, and it would have been great if these things would have been sorted out there already. Maybe delaying rubble could help, so it would have more time for design work, before it becomes nearly impossible to change something later while still staying compatible.

About the health percentage: I added this already, but I'm not sure whether this should be in the official release (actually I planned not to document it), as it complicates the logic further. Use -1 to -99, for 1% to 99% health.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the first version I used (float - multiplier) , but later it seemed to me that the would be a better option to use the (integer). Perhaps if we return to (float - multiplier), it will be clearer. For me there is no difference in how it will be.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Requiring Engineer for rubble recovery is way too limited to be used IMO.

It's better to just use full health as the condition which will be more customizable and flexible used.

Then we can use normal repair system, healing weapon/superweapons, Attacheffects self-healing, engineer's repairing etc. many ways to recover the rubble instead of only one (even this one is not easy to use).

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What RehteA said ^

No need to add loads of new tags, just make it so the rubble is rebuilt when it's health is 100% then lots of different methods could be used.

If someone still wants it to only work with engineers then they can use ClickRepairable=no & give it a custom armour that isn't effected by repair weapons etc.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Disagree. It's perfectly useful already in this stage. Full health rebuilding would look more stupid imo.

IIRC AdvRubble already has ClickRepairable=no hardcoded on it anyway.

=======================

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not hardcoded you can repair rubble normally, engineers are still able to repair it even at full health tho.

ATM rubble is only really usable for tech & civilian buildings, which already use engineers for capture/repair so there isn't much more work needed.  

I'd however like to use rubble on player/AI built buildings, in such a situation using engineers would require lots of micro-managing and become quite tedious. Using the normal repair system instead would simply be an extension on what players already do but with the added depth of the rubble system.

Last edited by Mig Eater on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total

datmax2014
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To AlexB: in Ares 0.2, multi-gunner is usable for Vehicle. Can you make the same code for Buildings? (like RA3)

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0.2? Are you still using 0.2? You sould update.. Not that is will let you use Gunner on buildings...

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I tried 0.8 RC1 for three days now.

I noticed a two things. One already mentioned.

First, when someone is killed inside a garrisoned building, via pass through logic, the building "sometimes" no longer auto fires on nearby enemies, and you are forced to ungarrison and re-garrison.
I don't think this is rubble related as I used Gluk's patch for quite a time before I used 0.8 RC1.

The second thing was already mentioned. The unit delivery change has resulted in the center no longer being used. Or at least a check is not made if the technotype has PlaceAnywhere=yes.

I had a building in my mod which slowly  spawns on itself with a placeanywhere building, that keeps placing more buildings over itself. This no longer works Sad

Empulse works great! Same with academy stuff.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Administrative notice: I split the discussion about TerrainTypes, OverlayTypes, and Theaters from this topic.

EricAnimeFreak: Is that with the latest 0.8 build? Did that work previously? Like when you targeted slopes, rocks, ...? Regarding the occupiers: Do they all have the same range? Is this a new problem with Ares 0.8? fixed.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Minor update: Documentation almost done; RC2 in a bit more than a day; new/last unstable binary before RC2 is available. As you might have noticed, I marked most of the features as completed on LaunchPad, and only a few remain that could do with some more testing. Also, I added one more fix that was so tiny there's no need to delay it for three more months: You can't exploit the AI misusing the Force Shield any longer by frantically trying to fire a Lightning Storm or Psychic Dominator when another one is active at the moment.

• Has anyone used the AI support for Toggle Power yet? I haven't found many specific confirmations of toggle power in general.
  • Is the EMP ok as is? This is a complex little thing, so I'd like to have it reviewed a bit more.
  • Doggie has been updated and should now cause fewer problems when in red health
  • Is the Force Shield exploit gone for you, too?
  • Occupiable buildings don't stop firing when Pass Through logic kills an occupant (Ares bug)
  • EVA promotion message now plays even if the veteran/elite upgrade sounds are not set (Ares bug)

I saw that a building attacked with a temporal weapon while under EMP now displays the power off overlay. This issue will get resolved somehow, hopefully for RC2. Aside from this, everything is looking good/reasonable for the release as planned.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Over my last 2 days off I went and bought a new vehicle, had to drive about 400 miles twice. That's why I'm late to reply, I'll update to the newer binary.

In 0.7 my spawned PlaceAnywhere would spawn building clones "of said building" on top of the original. This was done using self targeting and autofire. Now with ares 0.8 RC1 it spawns the building next to it instead. In effect it allowed an SW to place a new version of the same building, destroy the old one, and you get abetter version after the sw's delay, and it would repeat that function making the building better over time as the game went on.

I also used it to effectively slowly increase the ai's difficulty. Using the "new buildings" produced able to generate new teamtypes in aimd dependent on those better buildings.

I have not tried placing placeanywhere buildings on anything other then buildings such as slopes as you mentioned AlexB. If I get some time, I'll try to do said test.

"Got a Truck in pretty good condition with extended cab and bed. Gets 30mpg as well. Manual 4 cylinder."

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
[*] Is the EMP ok as is? This is a complex little thing, so I'd like to have it reviewed a bit more.

The one thing I find annoying about the EMP, is that AircraftTypes ignore the EMP.Threshold logic, and seems to always get instantly killed when hit by any EMP weapon regardless of EMP.Threshold, instead of requiring multiple hits or being in air. (I haven't checked since 0.7, so I don't know if its changed)

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The EMP works. I have it in my mod since it exists in Ares and I have no problems with it. Works perfectly!

PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With EMP, I actually meant the new SW, not the four year old EMP weapons. :p

EricAnimeFreak: I'll see whether I can special case PlaceAnywhere buildings quickly, and not randomize their coords. If that would help? New VehicleType is always nice Very Happy

Agent Z: Even the slightest EMP deactivates a unit; Threshold only tells the game to destroy the units at a certain point. Thus, aircraft would be disabled in air, and this cannot happen as it cannot fly like this, turn or land.

PillBox20: Thanks. I guess you mean the EMP weapons, too?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've noticed the EMPulseCannon doesn't produce any firing animations like the Grand Cannon's recoil or Prism Tower stopping to fire (haven't tested multi-turret delays yet so that might not work either), so I guess that could be improved. Otherwise I can't think of anything else to improve.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh.... I ment the EMP on warheads......
lol
Ok, I will test the EMPulse Superweapon later this night.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral: This is how it should be. The firing is done manually. The building does not actually fire. No charging, no animation, no ROF checks.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, so, here I go:

[GrandCannonSpecial]
UIName=NOSTR:Aimed Shot
Name=Aimed Shot
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Type=EMPulse
Action=EMPulse
EMPulse.Cannons=GTGCAN
EMPulse.PulseBall=None
EMPulse.PulseDelay=60
SW.RangeMinimum=-1.0
SW.MaxCount=-1
EMPulse.Linked=yes

SW.AITargetingType=Offensive

-Tested different delays. Works!
-Minimum range works!
-Tested different numbers on MaxCount. Works!
-Tested Linked=yes/no. Works!

ALL works, exept the PulseBall animation. I want it to show none.
I tryed "None", "none", "<none>" and it still shows

On a side note, I agree with 4StarGeneral. This could be improved.

At least "Bursts" will be good.

That is from me!

Last edited by PillBox20 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I announced it already, but still I'd like to give an update on the RC2 released a day ago. The documentation is almost done and all new features are documented, but it's not finished yet.

Currently, I'm working on Syringe, which will be updated for the final release. I started work after releasing RC2, so it couldn't be included in it. You can download a preview version here.

So, report everything that is strange with these versions. OS versions that can't run Syringe, unexpected slowdowns, and the like. Also, there are a few more issues that need to be confirmed. I'll leave them open a bit, but I don't have the feeling that any of them needs to be removed this time. In a few days this release will be done.

PillBox20: Thanks for reporting the <none> issue. This will be fixed. Alas I found the reason a bit too late for RC2.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alex08.14.268.257.tar Restored the correct coordinates for placeanywhere buildings delivered via unit-delivery SW.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about the other open questions?

Six days and only one post here (plus zero more on LauchPad, totalling one), in the most important week of the release... are the features too complex or does nobody use them? As always, what isn't tested is not worth fixing in later versions in case it is broken.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB, Maybe I want too much, but I'm waiting documentation... For testing.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The preliminary documentation is included in the RC2 download.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares 0.8 RC2

Code:

[IllusionMaker]
Damage=1
ROF=320
Range=4
Projectile=IllusionGenerate
Speed=1
Warhead=IllusionWH
Report=ExitTransport
AreaFire=yes
FireOnce=yes
OmniFire=yes
[IllusionGenerate]
Inviso=yes
Image=none
;Inviso=yes
AA=no
AG=yes
SubjectToBuildings=no
SubjectToCliffs=no
SubjectToElevation=no
Cluster=3
[IllusionWH]
AnimList=ILLUSSPAWN
[ILLUSSPAWN]
Image=DUMMYSHP
MakeInfantry=3
MakeInfantryOwner=killer

spawns neutral infantry. This didn't happened in 0.7. MakeInfantryOwner=invoker still works tho.

=======================

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problems with Syringe, I have noticed that there is some lag when changing between screens in the menu but that could also just be my computer #Tongue

I haven't seen the AI use the power toggle, however my mod has less power requirements, some sides don't even use power. So I'm probably not the best person to test it. If need be I'll wip up a mini vanilla mod to test this.

For ppl testing the power toggle feature here is some recommended cursor settings;

TogglePowerCursor=339,6,5,514,1,Center,Middle
TogglePowerNoCursor=384,1,5,52,1,Center,Middle

The minimap cursor doesn't work btw, not sure if that is intentional or not.

I also attached a fixed version of the poweroff.shp in the correct pal (you could add it to ares.mix Alex). BTW the documentation says it uses mouse.pal but it uses mousepal.pal.

Still need to test the new rubble some more, I'll post later.

I don't use the Force Shield so sorry I can't test it atm.

Infantry are exiting the Armory without any problems, yay no more Factory=InfantryType to fix it.

poweroff.zip
 Description:
fixed poweroff.shp

Download
 Filename:  poweroff.zip
 Filesize:  1.68 KB
 Downloaded:  14 Time(s)

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Armory - removed FactoryType=Infantry from Yuri Barracks, turned it into an Armory with Ammo=999: infantry doesn't get stuck in the building, however without the ability to set a rally point the infantry will stop exiting once there is no space around the Armory itself.

By the way Armory+FactoryType=Infantry still results in free infantry from Cloning Vats but I guess this wasn't looked into. Worth noting just in case.

Faking SW launch to force AI to use the shield - fixed, AI doesn't use a Force Shield on "impossible SW launch" anymore.

More to come.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Graion Dilach: Nice one. I mixed Killer and Victim parameters, so they are switched atm. Will be fixed.

@Mig Eater: Yes, screen switching is the driver's responsibility. No game code.

I don't know whether the radar cursor for toggle power is supported at all. Haven't checked that one.

Thanks for the documentation hint. Will be fixed.

I'll take a look at the poweroff anim later. I hope I can add it in a way it overrides the originally included version, but not in a way it is not moddable any more without editing ares.mix... suggestions welcome.

@Speeder: Thanks! Force Shield and Armories confirmed. Also thanks Mig Eater!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Off topic ish but, using the power toggle on a factory completely disables it, making it unable to build anything. Would it be possible (in the future) to disable factories in the same way when they are low on power or are under the effect of a EMP?

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Off topic ish but, using the power toggle on a factory completely disables it, making it unable to build anything. Would it be possible (in the future) to disable factories in the same way when they are low on power or are under the effect of a EMP?

Factory specific "MinLowPowerProductionSpeed="/"MaxLowPowerProductionSpeed="?

If that is what you mean, I am too for that!

I will help with the testing!  Very Happy

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If a factory has been powered down with power toggle all the units that can be produced by it are removed from the sidebar until it is powered up again.

Min/MaxLowPowerProductionSpeed=0 would freeze production tho which would have the same end result but look different.

IMO the power toggle effect would fit an EMP the best, Min/MaxLowPowerProductionSpeed would be better for when you are low on power tho.

I think this discussion should be split & continued in more detail in a separate topic, sorry should have just started a new thread in the first place.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon