Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Your Army, my army, all army ~
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject:  Your Army, my army, all army ~ Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been looking into past war's and past to modern day military/ equipment of various nations and i've grown quite fond of our own small but productive quality army / domestic production of vehicles/ships/aircraft systems. I'd love to see since here are other nations too on this forum some cool showcases of your military branches and what your country/army is known for.

As i said, we have a quite small army but Quality standart is high, even more so in our equipment. For example, the current Leopard 2 variant is still one of the very best Tanks out there and worldwide a major seller and a powerhouse which already saved lives in dire situations.

Also our airforce before the Eurofighter typhoon was quite old but our Tornado Hunter/bomber are still to this day capable of insane maneuvers to be noted, too sad the days of dogfighting are over aqgainst the hightech countries.

I'm interrested in all your countries and points, no matter how big or small. Smile

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quality + Quantity couldn't beat the will of the Red Army so I doubt a Quality and low Quantity would beat it.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah... no. I don't think that's what this topic is for. The German army should never again have to fight the Russian army.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
Quality + Quantity couldn't beat the will of the Red Army so I doubt a Quality and low Quantity would beat it.

i didn't started this threat for penis size battles #Tongue
but you can't know. you can't single out germany today because you've got to talk about nato as a whole. In think the russian army has some very cool toys themselves. And yeah i wouldn't understimate russia at all. But if i had to bet i put my money on a Leopard II instead of a T-90.

You also seem to think we'd not learn from strategic mistakes. #Tongue

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I did not say anything about NATO, that would be a great question. But right, this topic isn't about that.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

World War 3 is coming! Stay tuned in the next 6 years! :3

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ironic this thread appears now when tomorrow's the international day of peace.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Dutch military would have good stuff with good reliability at a decent price... if they sticked to buying German stuff instead of wasting it on overpriced American junk.

Like the JSF. What a waste of tax money. Pfffffffffff.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Germany gave us Heckler & Koch and Walther Arms. I just dig those weapons. The G3 platform is awesome. And who doesn't love Bond's signature PPK?

Though I dig H&K and Walther, FN is pretty damn bad ass. You Europeans ban gun ownership but you make the best ones. SO BACKWARDS!

Steam

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Ironic this thread appears now when tomorrow's the international day of peace.

LOL is it? pure coincidence, i didn't really thought of that Very Happy

Hydraw Art on Facebook

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Germany gave us Heckler & Koch and Walther Arms. I just dig those weapons. The G3 platform is awesome. And who doesn't love Bond's signature PPK?

Though I dig H&K and Walther, FN is pretty damn bad ass. You Europeans ban gun ownership but you make the best ones. SO BACKWARDS!

argueable if it is backwards, oddly enough we can live relatively problem free and gun related deaths are minimal. tho, the only place really to handle these weapons is in our army, which has seen a radical reducement diet. unfortunately...oh well not much of a "guns for everyone enthusiast" but i've always seen the army as an integral social platform to exercise teamwork and shape personality.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
You Europeans ban gun ownership but you make the best ones. SO BACKWARDS!

You really should start reading up on the various national gun ownership regulations across the European nations instead of gobbling up all that FoxNews propaganda.

Also, fun fact, most gun ownership laws and regulations in Europe are ancient. For example, the Dutch laws in regards to gun ownership come from the end of WW1, when the government got scared of people in the working class being able to stockpile weapons for a Communist revolution like had happened in Tzarist Russia.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back to OT. The Hungarian Army is a joke. No, really. It is a joke.

A friend of mine studies artillery in the military uni of ours and he told me that our equipment is in terrible condition and the tactics they're learning are still WW2-dated.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

A friend of mine studies artillery in the military uni of ours and he told me that our equipment is in terrible condition and the tactics they're learning are still WW2-dated.

apparently not the only country tho.....so....don't feel bad, what mbt's and artillery pieces are in use there?

Hydraw Art on Facebook

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Frankly, that's not really an issue. With the current military wishes of the East-European and Baltic EU member states and the USA within the NATO, the East-European countries and Baltic states will probably be using standard NATO stuff soon.

I just wonder where all the old Warsaw Pakt stuff will be going.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rats: either scrap, either target practice. In our case, moreso the latter. Some stuff still work well, tho - Polish Bialas are still fine for today, yet being a modernized Shilka...

blubb wrote:
apparently not the only country tho.....so....don't feel bad, what mbt's and artillery pieces are in use there?

What the Dutch army brings when they came for practice. Because our T-72s can't even take a meter on their own.

And some D-20 howitzers from that era as well. Only our airforce is on par due to being Gripen. And compared to many other Warsaw-Pacted countries (Romania, Poland comes into my mind) who did experimented to upgrade what they have, Hungary didn't do such (except the D-442, which was a Hungarized BRDM-1 and we keep it in stock now).

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Rats: either scrap, either target practice. In our case, moreso the latter. Some stuff still work well, tho - Polish Bialas are still fine for today, yet being a modernized Shilka...

blubb wrote:

What the Dutch army brings when they came for practice. Because our T-72s can't even take a meter on their own.

And some D-20 howitzers from that era as well. Only our airforce is on par due to being Gripen. And compared to many other Warsaw-Pacted countries (Romania, Poland comes into my mind) who did experimented to upgrade what they have, Hungary didn't do such (except the D-442, which was a Hungarized BRDM-1 and we keep it in stock now).

doesn't syria deplos T-72's ? why not modernize them, they're still a good weapon platform. even tho if they're old. they seem quite asy to patch up and to handle too.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

According to Wikipedia, there's only 15 of those which works... they were never properly maintained, you see.

=======================

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Blubb I'm a big fan of the modern German military. I'll just say I'm really friggin glad our countries are buddies!

So yeah, America. Here's a good one. This song gets me pumped

I'm very friggin proud of our US Military. Being a member myself, I might be a bit biased. Almost all the men & women I've served with thus far have been people of character and high moral fiber, and I'd trust any one of them with the keys to my house.
Lately with congress has giving us the shaft with budget cuts, but it's still good to see everyone pulling together and making sure the mission gets accomplished. We spend zillions on humanitarian aid and disaster relief, including many times at high personal risk, often for people that don't even like us.

A few badass things that come to mind
M1A1 Abrams MBT with their turbine engines and ceramic-sandwich armor
US Air Force with the F-22 air-superiority fighter with top-notch stealth and maneuverability,
Navy has their Nimitz-class supercarrier which have helped to pacify many international crisis, just by parking it offshore.
US Marine Corps have rifles.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:

Where are the mammoth tanks?  Razz

On a serious note... mammoth tanks might not really be feasible, but the Swedish and British are developing stealth tanks.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:

The M1A1 is from 1986. The M1A2SEP is a lot more impressive. #Tongue

As for the Norwegian military we are not the largest, but somehow our spending on the military has not gone down compared to the rest of Europe.

Today even conscripts get armed with the HK416 with Aimpoint sight.

As for armor we are riding in Leopard 2A4 (soon to be upgraded to Leopard 2A5) tanks and infantry get to ride in the CV9030N.

As for the skies we fly in F-16's armed with AMRAAM missiles among other things. (They are to be replaced by the money sinkhole known as the F-35 Lightning II)

We have a weird semi-voluntary conscription system where some people have to go while others don't have to, weird...

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wrote:

As for armor we are riding in Leopard 2A4

awesome machines Very Happy the newest model is now at A7, , we're fielding mostly A6 still at the moment.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:

So yeah, America.

i always, just like my father, loved american warships, the american navy has just impressive ships, my dad when he was in the german navy he had the opportunity to stand on deck and take a selfie on the USS Iowa.
Tho out of serive, but still today on the photo he's got on his wall, damn impressive metal giant. beautiful ship.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What does the Dutch army have? Ehm, lets see:
-no tanks (sold em all couple of years ago)
-couple of PzH2000s (which are awesome in my opinion)
-couple of squadrons of F16s
-somewhere soon we'll have the terrible overpriced JSFs as replacement for the F16 (don't ask why)

Afaik the only thing we have we can be proud of is our navy, and perhaps the Phalanx ICWS #Tongue

Do note that with the 'cold war'-scare of last couple of months the military has received its first budget increase in years, but still our army is pretty meh-ish #Tongue

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:

-somewhere soon we'll have the terrible overpriced JSFs as replacement for the F16 (don't ask why)

why Very Happy

Ah yeah, the good old PzH 2000, we had several stationed in Kunduz for a while. they're excellent backup and precise.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Last edited by blubb on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
why Very Happy

I bet the Dutch government is asking itself that same question.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to leave this video series here:

http://youtu.be/M_UEEpY4BOA

All I gotta say is: they lived in luxury. The rest of the Army doesn't live in such good conditions.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon