Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Command and Conquer: Re-Genesis
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:  Command and Conquer: Re-Genesis
Subject description: In a last resort, Yuri resets the world to the beginning of the events of Red Alert 2
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright everyone, before I get started, here is some important information on Re-Genesis that you should know:

1) I am terrible at editing or creating Voxels and SHPs, so everything I use will be public (for now)

2) This mod is still in the beginning stages. It won't be released for a while, but I'm trying as hard as I can to get a good, balanced modification.

Now, with that in mind, let's begin.

At the end of the Psychic Dominator Disaster, Yuri had known that he lost. Soviet and Allied forces have destroyed his Antarctic Command Center, and were closing in on his castle in Transylvania. In a desperate attempt to change history, Yuri traveled back into the past, evading the Allies and Soviets, landing him in Moscow, three years before the Soviet Union declared war on the Allies for the first time since the 1940's. Yuri had one mission: Set the new Soviet Union, composed of Russia, China, and the Red Brigade, a terrorist group staged in Africa, to destroy itself from the inside, while fighting the Allies in the west. When the two forces were nearly destroyed, Yuri would capture the world with his flood of mental technology.
         Will you command the Allies in a desperate struggle to maintain the free world, using particle cannons and a superior air force?
         Does the Soviet Union call out to you to lead the Red Army in a onslaught to rid the world of all oppression, utilizing Tesla weapons and powerful ground forces?
         Or shall you swat aside all who oppose the Mastermind, turning waves of hostile forces against their commanders with manipulation and stealth?
         And just who is Re-Genesis? Yuri's newest army, containing the weapons unused by others, for fear of their power. If the world is to fall, it will be by the hand of Re-Genesis.
         Choose wisely, commander. For once you do, there is no going back. The fate of the world will rest on your shoulders. Good luck, commander. Lord knows we are all going to need it.

So, let me know what you think. Should Re-Genesis be a reality? Let me know as soon as possible. Thanks! Also, I'll answer any questions you have, except for spoilers on campaigns. I'll reveal those ideas later...   
         -A.F.

All modding I do is now recreational, but Re-genesis is not forgotten. It's now a book based on a futuristic holocaust on humanity's next evolution. However, I'm pinning on my PPM hopes in voice acting.

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, since no one seems to want to give their input, here is a few of the things that I've added, or will be, with Ares:

Each side will have special units, like A10 Thunderbolt bombers for America, and custom Railgun Robot tanks for the Asian Alliance.

New nations, like the Red Brigade, a terror cell for the soviets, and Re-Genesis, the new sinister tech based side for Yuri's newly named faction, the Mastermind. Yes, I know that is a vehicle's name.

The newest addition, is what I call the "Generals Function". Each side has special units with advanced training, but there's also a fourth subfaction per each Faction. This one is a vanilla one, using everything the others can in their tech tree, just with increased building costs, times, and no veteran units. Possibly other things to balance it out.

You can also expect some newly designed campaigns, based on recent and past events. For example, in one of them, Russia takes out an allied base in Ukraine, forming a gateway to the rest of Europe, while taking over the Chernobyl Nuclear Facility, and the Allies destroying Tesla Reactors in Paris to prevent the soviets from using the charged Eiffel Tower against them. So expect some familiar landmarks from Red Alert 2. Again, any questions will be answered, if I can, so feel free to ask away!

All modding I do is now recreational, but Re-genesis is not forgotten. It's now a book based on a futuristic holocaust on humanity's next evolution. However, I'm pinning on my PPM hopes in voice acting.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just don't go into feature creep for such young mod

usually then mods die fast

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, another RA2 meets Generals with generic additions for the sides that is also a semi-sequel?

Are you going to have an Abrams and separate the radar from the airpad? and how many gens voices will it have?

What I'm trying to say is, What makes your mod pop from all the other mods? Why should anyone play your mod? Think about it.

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good questions. I only call it "Generals Function" because it acts like Generals, in a sense. It's not a combination of RA and Generals, but it does have vanilla factions, like Zero Hour. Why should anyone play it? Well, I'm trying to reorganize Red Alert. Keep what made RA2 and the rest of C&C(Without doing things like C&C meets RA), and redefining the things that didn't roll over so well. Basically, my goal is to create the events of Red Alert 2 in another vision. To form a game the way it should have been made: Balanced, challenging, and diverse. Each faction has it's own strengths and weaknesses, and are even more in depth with the subfactions. A look at Yuri's Revenge through a new set of eyes, so to speak.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your buzzwords and your wall o' text don't mix. You are also being vague with the Why.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aaaa, I got a little lost: The Soviets destroyed the Allied base in Ukraine and the Allies kicked the Soviet tesla reactors in Pariss? How are the Soviets in Europe (France) and at the same time they are securing a gateway in Ukraine?

Also, it is good to have plans about the future of the mod, but they don't really "feed" us. I mean you don't even have a release of the mod to talk about such big future things. Talk about where you are at and how close you are to releasing it.

But you know you don't need to listen to me. After all this is my opinion.....

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is nothing to get interested about presently and you are even vague on this 'vision' do you even know it or are you just making this up as you go...
Every modder has its own vision but if you are not clarifying, stating it is pointless as vision is same as own view and guessing your view is not enticing as all you are is enigmatic with buzzwords without content to back it up.

Besides gone are the days long ago when you'd impress people with wall of text, most can't be bothered to read unless they see something fancy to catch their eye first.

Learn engage attention and whining about lack of attention is not gonna help.

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First off, @PillBox20. The thing about Ukraine and Paris. Those are separate missions for different factions, and those are only ideas so far. @Zengar_Zombolt and ApolloTD.  I wasn't trying to sound like I was whining about a lack of attention, I was trying to give a more in-depth update. And my vision is to remake RA2 and YR. Basically as if EA had done an official remake. My goal is to add new units, define the subfactions a little better, and, as stated above, redefine C&C. Hopefully that answered some of your questions, and if not, tell me what I'm missing.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again, You need something to make your mod unique. "Refining and updating" RA2YR is what 80-95% of ra2 mods do. You have some story, and that's...nice? but that alone (and that is the ONLY your showing off) does not get anyone with any skill to help.

You need some substance! Show some meat of your mod!

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I don't really know what to say. This will most definitely sound stupid, but what do you need to see? If you tell me, I'll gladly show you, but there's nothing real impressive about me just using public voxels and home-grown weapons, is there?

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well first, full discloser, I don't mod RA2YR I'm PPM's only RA3 modder.

Second, well that's a start. No one wants to join an Idea, they want to join a project : D

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still better than words. Check other mods in this announcement section because I feel you're nowhere, just trying to get some attention on nothing.

Also, learn how to edit voxels. That helps a ton to get your mod an unique feeling.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh, did you even read the first post? I already said this was a version where Yuri goes back, and instead of waiting, he takes over the Union by force. And, I do actually have more than just a pen on paper idea, changes have already been made, and not just the Particle Cannon for the Allies, even more. Vehicle killers, Battle Fortresses that can haul up to 2 Rhino Tanks for the Soviets, new weapons, animations, and units. Oh, and one more thing. I will try to at least modify voxels, if not create new ones. That is something that I need to, and will, do.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've already sold a Lego-clone 4-wheeled junk as a Martian drone for a researcher during an event. Because I had that "drone" in my hand, it could go back and forth and it could 'drill'. And since I said believable claims, they took it real.

No, I'm not proud of it, but still, I had this thing.

Claims are nothing without proof. Yes, I'm a sceptical. Posting screenshots of badly-used public assets is even better than a wall of text because that at least tries to be taken seriously and that will certainly generate feedback.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, sorry. I should've seen this before. Here is a few screens of things I've placed in.

Defend the Alamo.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.98 KB
 Viewed:  12872 Time(s)

Defend the Alamo.JPG

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA2 is based around in 1970s btw (see the newspapers in FMV), not 1940s unless you wanna rewrite RA1 and introduce Yuri already so early.

Yuri taking over Soviet Union is not a new idea anyhow, there exists such mods already so your gonna have to be much more specific and sadly just using public stuff and not even changing around is not gonna impress many as such skill set means anyone can make it and has little reason to play your creation.

Your market is at best generic gamers but actual modders will see nothing new presently being brought forward.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is this so bright?!

Oh wow, a Warthog. It looks quite decent in that wall of light.

=======================

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I noticed the brightness too, and am working with some string files using XCC Mixer. Also, I'm still trying to enhance some voxels(I'm trying to make the soviets a little darker instead of light silver/brown and red), but I'm not making much progress. And don't worry, this is still based in the 70's, and I do have an interesting idea on how Yuri takes over and frames Gen. Vladimir for Romanov's death.

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As mentioned before, I'm not the best at voxel editing, but here is one that I've done. Credit to conman for the original, I just added some more red to each of the wingtips and a black star on each of the upper ones, plus the two red stripes. Yes, I know that I was playing as the allies, but I haven't put the soviet airport in yet, so I'm sticking with this one for now.

Edited MiG 39.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.46 KB
 Viewed:  12790 Time(s)

Edited MiG 39.JPG

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not going to lie, this doesn't excite me or anybody. These mod ideas are old as hell. You added 3 team buttons and the cheer symbol to the bottom bar. Yay. Still, this has been done before. A lot of times.

There are countless old mods that update RA2 to make it 'better' in the same way there are countless TS mods that make TS 'grittier' or try to replace C&C3. It has been done. Nobody is interested.

You need to do something new for people to get excited. And don't use Alamo to test graphics - it has unnaturally bright lighting and makes everything look horrible

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, thats fine with me. You dont need to think that this is the best mod idea ever, because I know that it isn't. I also know that many updates and patches and expansions have been made, but this one will be like nothing before.many companies have made first person shooters, and yet they're all different. Everyone starts somewhere, and this is my point. It may be a little behind, but it's somewhere. Please respect that.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sadly the whole "Yuri goes back" is really "meh" #Tongue
this only shows he can ALWAYS go back and you never end the loophole of his domination

you're always stuck in RA2 world

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley wrote:
sadly the whole "Yuri goes back" is really "meh" #Tongue
this only shows he can ALWAYS go back and you never end the loophole of his domination

you're always stuck in RA2 world

At least on my own excuse the whole reason why Yuri's Side still exists in Colony Wars is because I originally intended my mod to be a Touch Up mod. But seeing so much of the Yuri Art Assets already redone I can't have the heart of ditching his faction and reassimilating him back to the Soviets. That and whole idea of having Four Factions duking it out seems more fun.

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Off topic, but I only know that colony wars is a It came from RA mod, with the RA 1 ants, but maybe you could have a backstory for them, like they were Yuri's first genetic experiments, and they turned rouge.  Also, I have reasons for yuri's return, based on strength, mind control, and treason. Just look at his army without mind control, it's not actually that powerful. He needed some muscle to add to his army, and where else would he go besides Russia?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Colony is basically the idea that the supposed Queen's Nest wasn't truly the last one. More Giant Insect Colonies went into hiding and recently just got rediscovered/resurfaced. Like the Allies,Soviets & Yuri they sorta banded together so they have a better chance of survival.

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, that makes sense. it is true that they never mentioned if it was the last ant hive, and there was most likely more than just one queen.

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One more thing. I've never found out how to add custom unit voices to YR. I personally want to add my voice to some of the units, and take some others from other C&C games(my ultimate goal is to have every voice custom, but that's not real high on my priority list at the moment), but I can't find out how. Can any of you help? Thanks in advance,I'm getting tired of having so many of the same voices for new units.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

artemisfowl wrote:
One more thing. I've never found out how to add custom unit voices to YR.

Gather the lines into sound files. Convert those to PCM or IMA ADPCM WAV (latter is smaller, 22 kHz preferred). Open XCC Mixer->Launch->XCC Sound Editor (if you already extracted audio.bag/idx, then open those, if not, pick YR there and it'll extract it from the mixes into your RA2 folder), drag'n'drop, your files, click OK, add new entries into soundmd, refer them.

Quote:
I personally want to add my voice to some of the units

Won't gonna work nicely without a quality mic. Been there, done that, got a better one ultimately.

=======================

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But eventualy the sound file that XCC Mixer uses will get full, so that is why I put all the new sounds in a separate mix file.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
But eventualy the sound file that XCC Mixer uses will get full, so that is why I put all the new sounds in a separate mix file.

You're right that audio.idx has a limit as to how many sound files you can add to it but I very much doubt you're going to hit that limit any time soon as it is most likely over 2 billion at very least. For a record, vanilla Yuri's Revenge has 2285.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strangely enough in some point it didn't alowed me to add more sounds. I added something like 50 more sounds and when I try to drop new one in the bag it does not show.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've only heard that happen when bag had reached 270mb or so due to use of pcm wavs that xcc refused to add more... Not ever witnessed however.

Else refuse to add reason is wrong format (XCC is picky) and frankly the limit is quite high.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm at 6593 sounds right now, never had any issues with bag or idx.

=======================

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, thanks for that. I need to get a good mic anyways.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's two sets uploaded into the Media Hut by me, not to mention the VA roles I took in MO and current RedRes... I made all with a Panasonic RP-VK21, worth around 10-20 € at new.

Tho if you only aim to record voices with a PC and don't plan to build up a complete studio, get an USB mic. Currently I own an Auna MIC-900B and the quality differences are goddamn huge.

Maybe tomorrow I post up a voice reel difference to show what I mean.

=======================

artemisfowl
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright. I can afford that. It'd be a good investment, for having custom voices in, I'd be willing to pay that much. EDIT: It's been a few weeks, and I've got myself a good microphone. A Samson Meteorite.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod seems dead?

Wanted to add that Alamo is the worse map to test on due to the lightning.

It's best to use DC Uprising which has the AI building units disabled by default

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hrm seems so.., while most here are burned out from the same ole C&C fan fiction. I kind of could fancy a RA1 style re-telling with yuri in it. yeah timey-wimey tropes and nostalgia.. Anyways, may it rest in peace?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon