Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The slow voyage towards Ares 0.8
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [92 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:  The slow voyage towards Ares 0.8 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear modders, it is later than usual (certainly later than it was for 0.7 one day after the arrival of 0.6) to announce the plans for the next Ares release that will be version 0.8. The delay was not only because I was doing other things which cost time, but I also lost a fair amout of interest working on it. Just to be clear, it is not because of the need to immediately release a patch for an obvious bug. Ares 0.2 had this, too, which ships being unable to go below bridges. I think 0.7 is the most stable release yet.

The next version's target release date is beginning of October, three months from the last release. So, to keep the releases going, this one will have a rather small feature set from my side. Most of the things I added I wrote some time ago, some as early as 2012 or 2011. Also there will be more internal changes to make the code better, but I think you as modders wouldn't care much for those. If possible, I'll include some more features, like the Rubble Expansion, written by Gluk-v48, and hopefully a final version of the EMP Cannon SW, which still isn't fully updated for 2014's Ares.

My work currently done focused on more features from TS, namely the tags Scorch and Flamer, forest fires, and finally some power toggle enhancements. The rest is padding. A list is to follow soon (to keep this a separate post).

You can comment on the features here, and report successful testing as well as bugs, but again: no ground breaking new feature requests, please.

Last edited by AlexB on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a list of features so far, available in a new unstable build:

Mod info tags
These are at the moment purely diagnostic - not shown anywhere, nor used anywhere. They can be defined in uimd.ini, which is mod-controlled. Mods can then specify their name and their version, and this will be printed in the debug.log.

[VersionInfo]Name= (string, 63 chars max)
The name of the mod in unspecified format.

[VersionInfo]Version= (string, 63 chars max)
The version of the mod. Unspecified format, not just numbers.

Infantry exiting Armory=yes buildings
The unit's current target was reset explicitly for Hospitals but not for Armories. This caused infantry to not leave the building correctly.

Scorch and Flamer tags reimplemented
Tiberian Sun had Scorch and Flamer for animations, two tags that spawned fire animations defined by SmallFire and LargeFire. This has been reimplemented as it worked in Tiberian Sun, with the exception that it would not crash if SmallFire or LargeFire aren't defined, because some YR animations have Scorch=yes set while the animations are commented out.

Reimplemented Forest Fires as in TS
Sparky=yes warheads ignite trees now, and trees next to burning trees can catch fire with TreeFlammability's probability. See that TreeFire= has two valid animations! Plus: Optimized the way forest fires spread. If flammability is not above 0.0, do not iterate all neighbour cells.

Tiberian Fiends (Doggie)
Works almost as in Tiberian Sun, but YR already has the NotHuman tag to not show human death animations. Fiends lay down on Tiberium when in guard mode, and they will retreat to a near patch of Tiberium when panicking. There's one known issue related to attacking when prone, something which TS hadn't. Will see to get that fixed.

Deliver.Owner for UnitDelivery SWs
[SuperWeapon]Deliver.Owner= (enum - invoker, civilian, special, neutral, defaults to invoker)
The house the placed units will belong to. Invoker is the player who fired the super weapon; Civilian is the first house of the side named 'Civilian'; Special is the house named 'Special'; Neutral is the house named 'Neutral'.

Changed the implementation of UnitDelivery
Just a note: Check that all units are still placed correctly. Also, units will be set to guard or hunt mission automatically now, depending on whether SW is human owned or not.

Made global berserk fire rate multiplier customizable
[CombatDamage]BerserkROFMultiplier= (float - multiplier, defaults to 0.5)
The multiplier applied to the reloading time when a unit is berserking. Smaller means shorter reloading and faster firing.

[TechnoType]Berserk.ROFMultiplier= (float - multiplier, defaults to [CombatDamage]BerserkROFMultiplier)
The multiplier being applied when this unit is berserking. Smaller means faster firing.

Option to make IsSonic=yes or UseFireParticles=yes to deal Damage anyhow
[Weapon]ApplyDamage= (boolean, defaults to false if IsSonic=yes or UseFireParticles=yes, to true otherwise)
Whether this weapon deals damage. Can be used to enable conventional Damage to work with IsSonic=yes or UseFireParticles=yes weapons, or to disable dealing damage.

Hide repair overlay from enemies
[General]EnemyWrench= (boolean)
Can a player see the repair wrench over enemy buildings?

Additional fix: Even if the value is yes, the repair wrench will never show on cloaked enemy buildings, and thus not reveal their position accidentally.

Implemented a TogglePower keyboard command.
Also added an option to disable the Toggle Power command. The command will be available, but it won't do anything. [General]TogglePowerAllowed= (boolean, defaults to no)

Optional cursors for toggle power
[General]TogglePowerCursor and [General]TogglePowerNoCursor.

Restore the building overlay if power is off (poweroff.shp)
The repair animation is moved if they are both shown at the same time.

Does not show power off icon for buildings attacked by temporal weapons. Also extended visibility to observers.

Make temporal weapons work with power toggle.
Temporals cannot re-enable power any more.

EMP support might need some more work. Not tested yet.

AI support for TogglePower
This makes the AI a bit smarter when it comes to coping with power outages because of missing power plants.

Each building is evaluated, and base defenses are tried to be held online if possible. This is done by multiplying the negative Power= by 2 for buildings providing super weapons, and by 1.5 by non-base-defenses. Higher number increases the chance of the building being turned off, lower numbers mean buildings are turned back on earlier.

Players being drained or suffering from a power blackout triggered by a spy or Force Shield are exempt, as well as any human players.

Slightly customizable AI Toggle Power smartness:
[IQ]TogglePower= (integer, defaults to -1)
Defines the IQ rating an AI player will toggle power of buildings in low power situations. Values less than 0 deactivate this logic.

[General]TogglePowerDelay= (integer - frames, defaults to 45)
Defines the delay between toggle power checks. Values less than 0 deactivate this logic.

TogglePower has to be enabled for this to work.

Also support an alternative notation for defining mouse cursors using just one tag
The format is CursorTag=Frame,Count,Interval,MiniFrame,MiniCount,HotSpotX,HotSpotY.
HotSpot values have to be in the format like the original HotSpot tag, that means it's two comma separated tokens defined by (left|center|right),(top|middle|bottom).

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice update.Thanks AlexB

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm a big fan of these kinds of improvements, I like!

I'm always excited for progress on Ares, but if your interest wanes, it wanes. You've already done more then we could have asked. Smile

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- Version info stuff works as expected.

- I can't get Scorch/Flamer to spawn any flames at all under any circumstances.

- Sparky does attach animations from TreeFire on trees, but they don't seem to spread at all, irregardless of the value of TreeFlammability. Also the fires will stick on the trees indefinitely. Don't remember how this worked in TS but would probably make sense for the tree to eventually burn out and disappear.

- ApplyDamage works as expected for IsSonic=yes weapons.

- Toggle power keyboard command works. It seems to work alright alongside EMP as well, with both power toggled on and no EMP effect present required for normal functionality and neither interfering with each other.

- TogglePowerNoCursor does not seem to work (at least using the new shorthand notation, which does work for TogglePowerCursor), instead it displays frame 385 from mouse.sha every time.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great new features that are going to be imply into RA2YR engine as always!

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forest fires makes me love you.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yesss, forest fires... time to make a napalm "country". #Tongue

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorch and Flamer work, however I realised that you better not put Scorch=yes on the anim you put into SmallFire= or you create eternal loop that will lag game to halt eventually and same applies for Flamer with LargeFire=

Also having Scorch/Flamer on a impact anim that hits a building, you can actually have building vanish in moments if damage of flame anims is enough, more bad if its a bursting weapon like air plane strike as seems like that game creates the flame anims and their damage despite being blocked by building.

Forest fires I am unable get to spread while the flame appears in trees...

Sparky=yes seems to only attach to trees if direct hit while Cellspread I used 5...

This version seems to do the has stopped responding when exiting game glitch for me.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the testing so far.

Can't type... the NoCursor tag is spelled 'Togle'. Is fixed in the latest binary. I renamed them from PowerToggle to TogglePower to be in sync with the others. I guess that was where I made the error. Also, forest fires didn't spread or burn down because I forgot one hook, which makes terrain objects update their state.

I think Westwood prevented non-Tiberium-spawning terrain objects from updating to speed up the game. I've updated it a little more, and now IsFlammable will be checked also. Previously it did nothing (I couldn't find it used anywhere). Thus, Sparky=yes can only set fire to objects that are flammable now, and also the game does not update terrain that can't either spawn Tib or burn. This should be the best from both worlds, but it requires you to set IsFlammable=yes on all trees. (The other rules aren't changed, and tiberum spawners and non-wood objects still cannot burn.)

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When will the option to save the game ?

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If Alex spend his time trying to fix save games, we wont see other cool features. Is it really worth it?

Plus, it may break when a new feature is added.

luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah... more TS features... Very Happy

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regarding saves: Yes, it's worth it, but indeed each new version that adds something or significantly changes a feature will break all savegames. This is because a new/removed/changed tag will read data that isn't there or read data that is there when it shouldn't or read data from a place where it is not. I think it's out of the question to do anything about it in the next 4 weeks for this release, so...

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about separating the tote and heal cursors from the no-action cursor?
Though a full cursor expansion would be neat.

To be exact, it would be neat if we could use all cursors in mouse.sha. Some of them being deploy or not weapons and some being unique like undeploy cursor.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"EM Pulse Cannon ready!" - CABAL

Finally, the EMP super weapon hit an official Ares branch. And it brings several toys that can partially be used with other super weapon types also.

But first I'll mention the shortcomings: the AI cannot use it as it just selects a single target and fires. Even if it would check the range, it cannot go on with the next possible target without recoding the complete target selection functions. Maybe I'll add a new targeting mode for this.
  • Minimum and maximum range between building providing a super weapon and its target
  • Designators: Allow SWs to only fire close around certain units
  • An optional max count for the EMP: Fire more than one cannon at the same time
  • Optionally link multiple cannon buildings: one cannon extends the range for the others

EMPulse Super Weapon

Type=EMPulse implements the super weapon known from Tiberian Sun, with several extensions. The SW requires buildings with EMPulseCannon=yes, and sets them to fire at the selected target.

The AI cannot make use of this SW yet, because it wouldn't respect ranges.

[SuperWeapon]EMPulse.TargetSelf= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether each cannon to fire should fire its Primary weapon at itself. The cannon does not actually fire; the weapon just detonates on the cannon building immediately, similar to the death weapon. To actually damage itself, the building needs DamageSelf=yes.

[SuperWeapon]EMPulse.Linked= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether only one cannon needs to have the target in weapon's range. All other cannons will then considered regardless of range. Requires SW.MaxCount != 1. The difference to just making the cannon itself a designator is that the cannon can be made to not provide fire clearance on their own.

[SuperWeapon]EMPulse.Cannons= (list of BuildingType, defaults to none)
The building types considered to check the range and to fire. If the list is empty, all buildings with EMPulseCannon=yes are considered. The buildings need a primary weapon.

[SuperWeapon]EMPulse.PulseBall= (Animation, defaults to PULSBALL)
The animation played at the FLH before the EMP Cannon fires. Use <none> to disable the pulse ball. This does not disable the delay.

[SuperWeapon]EMPulse.PulseDelay= (integer, defaults to 32)
The delay after the cannon rotated towards the target before firing.

Other SW option defaults:
SW.RangeMinimum=0.0
Default for EMP is: Ignore the primary weapon's minimum range. Negative values on EMP means using the cannon primary's range.

SW.RangeMinimum=-1.0
Negative values on EMP means using the cannon primary's minimum range.

SW.MaxCount=1
Fire only one cannon. Use -1 to fire all in range, or all if linked.

SW.AITargetingType=None
AI does not respect ranges. For EMPulse.TargetSelf=yes, use NoTarget here.

SW.Cursor is the attack cursor. SW.NoCursor is attack out of range.

Super weapon minimum and maximum range

[SuperWeapon]SW.RangeMaximum= (float): Distance in cells the target coordinates may have to a SW launching building owned by the firing player. Values < 0.0 disable range checks. Defaults to -1.0.

[SuperWeapon]SW.RangeMinimum= (float): Distance in cells the target coordinates must be away from a SW launching building owned by the firing player. Values < 0.0 disable range checks. Defaults to -1.0.

The AI will not respect this limitation yet.

Designators for super weapons

Add the requirement to have a designator unit near the location you want to fire a super weapon at. If no designator is in range, the NoCursor is shown.

[SuperWeapon]SW.Designators= (list of TechnoTypes): List of units eligible for designating the target location. Defaults to none.

[SuperWeapon]SW.AnyDesignator= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether any unit is considered a valid Designator for this super weapon. Overrides SW.Designators.

[TechnoType]DesignatorRange= (integer): Range in cells around the unit that becomes targetable by super weapons requiring this unit as designator. Defaults to [TechnoType]Sight.

The AI will not respect this at the moment.

---

Parasite03: I'm not planning to work much more on cursors for this release.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

God is great and his name is AlexB
Well then, time to create another dozen of news support powers.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet! :O

Last New Superweapon would allow us to make something say from the original YR Assets... an advanced Boris Airstrike Weapon. :O

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do the designator part work like a extension of the main SW buildings range, or does it replace the range of the SW building so that it can ONLY fire near a designator?
Also does this somehow allow to make a SW fire at a target painted by a weapon like Boris' flare(like, Boris marks a target, and if the SW is ready, it fires at the marked target)?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It can only fire near a designator.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mmm, if the AI finally respects range sizes, I can finally put that Nod ICBM launcher to use.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally? Ranges didn't even exist before yesterday.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been dreaming of proper "ICBM truck" logic for a looooong time.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, very nice, would be nice if AI could work the range limit one day but either way very useful add Smile

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you reimplement the usage of ammo while chronoshifting and ChronoKillCargo tag?

By this I mean RA1 chronosphere, things related to it and also things related to unit-teleporting..

And also make an option to
a) make desolator kill things in transport and then the transport
b) kill certain things in the transport and stop
c) kill things in the transport and leave the transport.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Last edited by Parasite03 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inc predator missile!

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, all!

I have tested the EMPulse Superweapon and I can say that it worked.

Tested the French Grand Cannon with this logic and tags:

EMPulse.Cannons=GTGCAN
EMPulse.PulseBall=None
EMPulse.PulseDelay=60
SW.RangeMinimum=-1.0
SW.MaxCount=-1

Still the PulseBall animation shows. Haven't tested the designators, yet.
All Grand Cannons fire if they are in range.

I tryed putting the forest fires to work, but so far no success.
I fixed it...

That is from me, thank you AlexB for the new features!

Edit:

Forgot to mention that EnemyWrench= works, too. For some strange reason the wrench animation plays slower on my buildings.

Can anybody confirm this?

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

Last edited by PillBox20 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can confirm the EMP tags all working including SW.RangeMinimum= and SW.Designator tags, EMPulse.PulseBall requires exactly =<none> to have no animation.

EnemyWrench= works as intended as well. I could not get Forest Fires to work as I don't know where TreeFire= is supposed to go, I put it in [General], and came up with this exception when shooting a weapon with Sparky=yes on it at a tree: http://pastebin.com/qVm0h7H8
EDIT: DL'd Tiberian Sun, and decided it goes in [AudioVisual] and now no exception. Also, all TogglePower, non-AI related tags, I can confirm working.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just found that something of unit-delivery superweapon seems to have been changed.

As we know, the unit-delivery super weapon will check the nearby cells if  target cell is occupied.
In version 0.7, the checking order was like this: (x is the target cell)
Top         Right
    3  2  1
    4  x  5
    6  7  8
Left         Bottom
But in this binary, this order become random.
What happened to it?

I know this is not even a bug.
But I really have some use of this order and
I hope that it will be fixed and changed into this:
6  7  8
5  x  1
4  3  2

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like it just reversed the order of where a unit is spawned tbh...

But I'm guessing this is also is whats causing my Sea Mines to not work? Since currently all of my UnitDelivery Stuff works except that one.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been trying to make a building package system which allows placing multiple buildings together.

It's not so difficult by using UnitDelivery SW.
However, the biggest problem is that the buildings can not be made placed inside the intended foundation.

This can be solved easily if the UnitDelivery checking order can be changed.

hpad.gif
 Description:
placing three buildings together
 Filesize:  72.86 KB
 Viewed:  19896 Time(s)

hpad.gif

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RehteA, I just want to say that your "building package" is a damn creative idea. I like it.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The UnitDelivery implementation has changed. The old version relied on trial and error, and check up to 100 cells for each unit. Now it uses a game function to pick a location close to the target area. This is much cleaner and doesn't rely on a dozen extra checks for trees, rocks, cliffs and the like.

Does this affect placement of buildings with 1x1 foundations? If not, I might have luck to fix this while still keeping the new implementation.

Jem: I need a few more details to answer the question why sea mines don't work. I don't know what they are, how they work, how they were placed previously and how they are placed now.

Btw, I mentioned this change about two weeks ago already, in the second post in this very thread.

---
Regarding slower repair anim: Checking.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's all the essential Sea Mine Codiing I made.

Code:
; BuildingTypes
XXX = NASEAMIN

; Animations
XXX = NASEAMIN

; Superweapon
xxx = SeaMineSpecial

; [ArmorTypes]
TrapArmor=wood

[SeaMineSpecial]
UIName=NOSTR:Sea Mines
Type=UnitDelivery
Action=UnitDelivery
Deliver.Types=NASEAMIN
Deliver.Buildups=yes
ShowTimer=no
DisablefromShell=no
SidebarPCX=seaminicon.pcx
RechargeTime=3
FlashSidebarTabFrames=120
IsPowered=true
SW.AITargeting=Stealth
SW.RequiresTarget=water
EVA.Ready=EVA_PsychicRevealReady
EVA.Activated=EVA_Building
EVA.Impatient=EVA_UnableToComply
SW.Animation=H2O_EXP1
SW.Sound=PlaceBuilding
SW.FireIntoShroud=no
Range=1
SW.Range=1

; Sea Mine
[NASEAMIN]
UIName=NOSTR:Sea Mine
Name=Sea Mine
BuildCat=Combat
IsPassable=yes
;Prerequisite=NAYARD
TechLevel=-1 ;4
;Adjacent=255
Strength=100
ImmuneToEMP=yes
ImmuneToRadiation=yes
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
Primary=LandMineSensor
Nominal=yes
VoiceSelect=SeaMineSelect
CloakSound=NavalUnitEmerge
DecloakSound=NavalUnitEmerge
DieSound=GenLargeWaterDie
WaterBound=yes
Power=0
Powered=no
Cost=100
Soylent=50
Points=5
Armor=TrapArmor
Explodes=yes
DeathWeapon=SeaMineBomb
Sensors=yes
SensorArray=yes
SensorsSight=6
MaxDebris=0
Selectable=yes
Insignificant=yes
UnSellable=yes
GuardRange=2
DefaultToGuardArea=yes
HasRadialIndicator=True
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Arabs
BaseNormal=no
Cloakable=yes
CloakingSpeed=1
Repairable=no
CanC4=no

;;; Art ;;;

; Sea Mine
[NASEAMIN]
CameoPCX=seaminicon.pcx
Foundation=1x1
NewTheater=yes
DemandLoad=true
BuildUp=NASEAMINMK
Foundation=1x1
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
CanHideThings=true
CanBeHidden=false
OccupyHeight=1
Height=1

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Does this affect placement of buildings with 1x1 foundations? If not, I might have luck to fix this while still keeping the new implementation.

The placements are totally random now.
I hope that at least the first few placements are fixed.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a quick question:

Does EMPulseCannon=yes support weapons with Burst=xxx?

Because when I tested the superweapon on the Grand Cannon I changed the weapon so that it had Burst=3 and it still fired only once.

PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20: When 'fired' by the SW, the EMPulseCannon only fires once. Actually, the building does not fire at all, and the firing effect is a completely custom one. also with manual turret and barrel facing management, pulse ball animation, and all that.

RehteA: I've changed it a bit so maybe the first Item will be centered on the target location. Indeed the process now contains random elements as the game's original function now used randomizes the results a bit. If at all, it will only work for the first item.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
I've changed it a bit so maybe the first Item will be centered on the target location. Indeed the process now contains random elements as the game's original function now used randomizes the results a bit. If at all, it will only work for the first item.

The first item was always placed at target cell(if empty) without problem.

I still prefer the fixed pattern so it can be used.
Randomness is uncontrolable and unusable.

In addition, AITargeting=Self superweapon always aims for the top corner cell of the building(even when that cell is empty in a custom foundation).
How to make it aim for the center? This is another main obstacle of my package-building system.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Package-building should be amde as a separate SW based on the Unit Deliver one IMO.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UnitDelivery was never meant for such things, and the order of placement wasn't guaranteed. If there is an obstacle, it will try to find a better spot. This should be the mode of operation about 99% of all players should have no problem with.

Even though I'm trying to minimize this, I reserve the right to change these things to make Ares faster, more stable or its code more clear, and did so for over two years now. When I do and the original behavior changes in an unexpected way or in a way that contradics that previous versions of the manual stated, I mention it in the Migration Guide part of the documentation. This change will be one of them, even though not because of the placement, but because it's not only checking 100 cells now.

For the next version I added some code that shifts buildings a bit so they are centered on the target location, which might fix placement for the first item. This will be available maybe later today.

I'll be looking into the self-targeting thing, already saw it in the other thread but haven't answered it yet because I don't have a good solution for this. I thought about getting the firing coordinates of the building, FLH or PrimaryFirePixelOffset, which is about what the EMP does, too.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since this update is another TS features update, how about an enchanced version of AIBuildsWalls?
What I mean is AI will
a) try and close up all the entrances to his base with walls
b) will make at least one entrance with a buildable-in gate (if present, an empty spot otherwise) to a separate area
c) will try and put base defences that can shoot over walls behind them, WallTower=yes in the wall (if can be placed there) and other defences in front of the wall.

d) (separate) Make NSGate and EWGate tags for sides & countries.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm on it, I'm on it!

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the last alex08 testing binaries for this release. I'll soon add a few more blueprints for the new stuff, then start to check what's confirmed already. RC phase will start this weekend.

Among several internal changes (over 100 in the last three days), the latest binary contains only a few new things. I've fixed one issue with the SW option affecting campaign mode, but that's not in yet. If the Rubble Expansion is done, I'll put it in soon, too.

Several changes to the UnitDelivery SW
Support WaterBound structures again. Also change the coordinates so the current object to place appears to be centered on the actual target coordinates.

AITargeting mode Self now centers on the firing building instead of using the origin.

Academy tech buildings
Trainable=yes units and structures can get a veterancy bonus then being build while a player owns one of these academy buildings.

[BuildingType]Academy.InfantryVeterancy= (double, defaults to 0.0)
[BuildingType]Academy.AircraftVeterancy= (double, defaults to 0.0)
[BuildingType]Academy.VehiclesVeterancy= (double, defaults to 0.0)
[BuildingType]Academy.BuildingVeterancy= (double, defaults to 0.0)

The veterancy bonus to grant if a player owns one of these buildings. If a player owns more than one academy buildings, the highest value is awarded. The effect does not stack.

Infantry is always considered infantry, aircraft is always aircraft, Buildings are buildings.
Vehicles are considered aircraft if ConsideredAircraft=yes. Vehicles are considered infantry if Organic=yes.

Considerations: Buildings undeploying into vehicles could be considered vehicles. Also, what if buildings get a bonus and a vehicle can deploy into a building? Should NotHuman be considered and not give any bonus? Should Cyborg get special treatment? And NonVehicle?

---

Parasite03: Gates and WallTower are a bit more complicated and need more thought before being implemented. Won't be 0.8.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it would be good if it also was possible to set it to specific units, rather than only to all infantry or to all vehicles.
For example, that one could make building a Battle Lab give this bonus only to GIs, rather than to all infantry types.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This feature will be expanded, with at least two tags: one white-list, one black-list.

If the whitelist has no items, it will affect all, if it has items, only the items in the list. Blacklist will be the the negative version: if item in list, no promotion.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sound's great! I will test it...

EDIT:

Tested the Academy feature:

All of the four tags/flags (don't know the difference) are working!

"Vehicles are considered aircraft if ConsideredAircraft=yes. Vehicles are considered infantry if Organic=yes."
That works, too!

Agent Z wrote:
I think it would be good if it also was possible to set it to specific units, rather than only to all infantry or to all vehicles.
For example, that one could make building a Battle Lab give this bonus only to GIs, rather than to all infantry types.

AlexB wrote:
This feature will be expanded, with at least two tags: one white-list, one black-list.

If the whitelist has no items, it will affect all, if it has items, only the items in the list. Blacklist will be the the negative version: if item in list, no promotion.

That will be awesome! I would finaly make my American paratroopers paradrop veterans when I build the airforce command, if I don't build it I will be able to train them in the barracks, but with no veterancy!

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

Academy tech buildings

Funking awesome. Now the Tech armoury won't suck.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Also change the coordinates so the current object to place appears to be centered on the actual target coordinates. "

"AITargeting mode Self now centers on the firing building instead of using the origin."

Because of these two changes, at least I managed to make this kind of thing work properly. Good work!

I think it can be made more flexible and convenient if the SelfTargeting firing coordinates can be custom.

WEAT.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  171.58 KB
 Viewed:  18743 Time(s)

WEAT.gif

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting. Is that a 5x5 fake building which uses Unit Delivery to spawn WCD and 4 Prism Towers with enough delay for the "spawner" building to die? Plus, AttachEffect kills the spawner building which is why we can see the crater at the very top of 5x5 foundation, yes?

If that's what it is, do the Towers always spawn so nicely in the corners or are there some additional dummy spawns involved to take the precise spots?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon