Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Some small bugs from PB5
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [51 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject:  Some small bugs from PB5 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I downloaded PB5 yesterday, played some of the GDI campaign, and found some small, almost irrelevant bugs, but wanted to report them anyway(With pictures, wrote whats wrong in file comments).

Aircraft.PNG
 Description:
The Aircraft up here seems to mass up and do nothing exept making alot of land/takeoff sounds(Thats how I found them), but when I went up there, one started randomly shooting a silo. (They supposed to behave like this?) This was normal difficulty on GDI 5
 Filesize:  1.37 MB
 Viewed:  13335 Time(s)

Aircraft.PNG

Not attacking.PNG
 Description:
This attack from the north in mission 5 in the GDI campaign(the one where GDI controls the large tiberium field) seems to have stopped and started gathering up without attacking after a while. After I shot them a bit they spread out a little.
 Filesize:  1001.4 KB

Not attacking.PNG

Powerp.PNG
 Description:
Seems the Nod power plant got some coding error? It displays the green tiberium-stuff inside only when the storage is empty, but when filled its gone.
 Filesize:  330.25 KB

Powerp.PNG

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Nod power plant was always like that.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. When it's full, a protective steel casing appears on top of the green Tiberium tube. I know it's confusing but that's how it was designed. I recall there was some engine-related explanation as well but can't remember what. Anyway, the power plant will get a new appearance sooner or later.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Anyway, the power plant will get a new appearance sooner or later.

Why? Nothing wrong with the current one, is there? Confused Other than the fact that it lacks a build-up of course.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That 'X' on cameos  you can't click on instead of full-darken or whatever original TS used isn't a good idea. It's hard to notice sometimes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Quote:

Why? Nothing wrong with the current one, is there? Confused Other than the fact that it lacks a build-up of course.

It looks like a lantern, and as people have mentioned several times, the silo filling animation is confusing. I thought LKO himself said he's going to redo the building. I could be wrong, of course.

Quote:
That 'X' on cameos  you can't click on instead of full-darken or whatever original TS used isn't a good idea. It's hard to notice sometimes.

A full darken SHP causes some horrible lag on some machines. I don't think that's been fixed yet.

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The enemy attacks in GDI 5, and many other maps too, will get an improvement at some point. The Hornets are supposed to be attacking the player's base, but back when I made that mission I had trouble making that happen and haven't had the time to fix this yet. The attack force that spawns north does indeed get stuck sometimes. The same thing might happen in some other missions too that were made years ago, this is on my to-fix list too.

Scripting the AI is a pain in the arse. #Tongue

Twisted Insurrection's Lead Campaign Developer

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first TUTORIAL.INI line shown in-game for the first Nod campaign mission has a typo, it uses 'devestated' instead of 'devastated'. It also uses a capital letter for 'world', spelling it as  'World' for some reason at the end of the sentence.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first missions are really good nontheless, it's hard to tell some are several years old already. I, too, have been playing through the campaigns again and the first missions are great for getting in the TI-mood Smile

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, I didn't remeber the Tib Reactor being that way (but its a long time ago since I played some PB 4). Maybe the reason for why its confusing is that the Advanced Tib Reactor looks like the filled version of the Tib Reactor(without the green tib-stuff)?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:

Ah yes. I've been meaning to update this.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:

I second this, I was scrolling through the sidebar multiple times trying to find what I was actually building...
Maybe add a % animation to things in progress, similar to MO?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Aro wrote:
Quote:

It looks like a lantern, and as people have mentioned several times, the silo filling animation is confusing. I thought LKO himself said he's going to redo the building. I could be wrong, of course.

I planned to give the center core a different design, but definitely not the whole building.
In addition will this be done only when all other buildings are finish. Else we'll never see anything finish if only the existing stuff is constantly remade.

Concerning the silo-fill anim, check out my post in the Powerplant topic (my second last post there with the wall of text)

Crimsonum wrote:
Quote:

A full darken SHP causes some horrible lag on some machines. I don't think that's been fixed yet.

We have to make use of the launcher option "Sidebar icon darkening" in the settings menu.
When enabled, you get the full dark one, when disabled, you get the cross.
Then those with lags can keep the cross, and for those who doesn't have any lag can use the full darken.shp.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found another thing, but this one is a bit worse than the others.

In short, a enemy orca landed in that spot seems to cause alot of lag.
Im not 100% sure if it is it, but everything points at it.
A more detailed description/story/how it happened:

At GDI mission 11 (On normal difficulty), I was progressing quite slowly, partially beacuse the mission was new to me. (And I didn't know harvesters were amphibious)
Now after playing for a hour or something like that, the game suddenly started to lag. And I mean alot. The game progressed about as fast as at speed setting Slow or Very Slow.
Now, I loaded a earlier save, and I did some over again. It didn't lag at the same point, but after some time it started again. I did save often, so I loaded a save from just before the lag started, and it started over and over again after the same time period this time.

Now, I think I know where the problem is, but I have no idea why it is like that. When the AI attack with orcas, if some survives it goes to base and lands, right? Now, the lag seems to start exactly when a orca lands on the spot market in the image, right in front of that orca that already is there.
When I suecided my elite orcas and destroyed exactly that enemy orca, the game started speeding up! Now I loaded a earlier save, and put alot of AA weapons all over my base/outposts, so they shot down all orcas. This time the lag didn't happen!

Now I hope this doesn't look like a big wall of text.

Orca1.png
 Description:
When a orca landed right here, on the cell in front of that orca, the game started to lag. Destroying it made the game go a little faster again.
 Filesize:  816.2 KB
 Viewed:  13154 Time(s)

Orca1.png

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's incredibly strange, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll look into it when I get chance. Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agent Z wrote:
Now I hope this doesn't look like a big wall of text.

It's a very nice detailed error description and not a wall of text. So thanks for the detailed info. Smile

Unfortunately i have no clue if there is a fix for this.

I assume it's because the orca finished his mission and now constantly tries to follow his script again, which in turn causes massive lag due to the pathfinding algorithm calculating constantly new paths for the orca. Even if ammo is empty and it actually can't move anywhere.

Do you noticed if the orca is constantly taking off & landing on the same spot or was the orca standing still on the ground?

If the orca was standing still on ground, i could only imagine that it somehow stands in the way of the path of some other attack teams which have to constantly recalculate a new path. But that is very unlikely the reason for the lag.

Please upload the savegame if you still have it!
It would allow us to narrow down the issue. Maybe the games log file shows us what is going on.

Public SHPs

Tools

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let me just quote myself. #Tongue

Quote:
Scripting the AI is a pain in the arse.

Mostly because of weird things like this. I hope we can find a fix for it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you let the team fly off the screen after finishing the script? Like giving them a last waypoint outside the visible map.
This would make aircraft fly off the screen and when they land there (must be still inside the red map border), they should vanish as soon as they touch ground.

This way you could keep the aircraft clean from any useless ones without ammo.

Public SHPs

Tools

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is what I normally do when I spawn aircraft from outside the map using repeating triggers, but as far as I know in this case it's the AI triggers that spawn and control the Orcas. I still haven't gotten my head around the AI triggers, got to play with them some more before I can replace the skirmish AI triggers with my own map specific ones.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the save game (Is there any fast way of finding the right save file?).
When the game loads, the Orca that starts the lag is on the screen. It flies down to the base and then it begins when its about to touch the ground.
Destroying(Well, when I tried I actually destroyed all the landed Orcas) it afterwards seems to speed up the game a little, but it still keeps going quite slow.

SAVE7DD1.SAV
 Description:
Watch the Orca

Download
 Filename:  SAVE7DD1.SAV
 Filesize:  3.86 MB
 Downloaded:  15 Time(s)

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Found another thing in Nod Campaign, at mission 14. In the civilian area to the east from the starting position, there seems to be 2 buildings overlapping in foundations or something like that, because destroying the building next to the solar panel and then destroying the solar panel itself caused me 2x IE now.

EDIT: Correction: There is a crate at the same cell as the solar panel. This is what caused the Internal Error.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, thank you for the information. I'll get this fixed in a few moments, I will also figure out the Cyborg Production problem.

Edit: Both issues have been fixed in PB5.011.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if this is noticed already:
On the 15th Nod mission, when they tell you the info after getting to the outpost (about the GDI defences, what to do next), there seems to be a misplaced text at the end, because it displays one from the campaign intro
(GDI lost the 1st war, Nod controls 80% of the important locations and all that).

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's fixed in PB5.014 or higher. Smile

ExperimenterChemist
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Nod mission 8, if you use an Engineer instead of a Machinist to capture the Nod Technology Center, you got an IE.

EDIT: I tried it again. It is not too common (something like 1-2 IE in 8-10 tries). It seems that it more likely occurs when you connected to the internet (if this makes any sense).

IE on NOD 8.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  513.19 KB
 Viewed:  12801 Time(s)

IE on NOD 8.PNG

SAVE7FF5.SAV
 Description:
If someone wants to try and reproduce it.

Download
 Filename:  SAVE7FF5.SAV
 Filesize:  2.14 MB
 Downloaded:  15 Time(s)

EXCEPT_NOD8_ENGINEER captures NOD Tech Center.TXT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EXCEPT_NOD8_ENGINEER captures NOD Tech Center.TXT
 Filesize:  20.75 KB
 Downloaded:  8 Time(s)

Last edited by ExperimenterChemist on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got there an Internal Error too, near end of the mission. Here is another bug I found, somehow I managed to capture the Goliath http://i.imgur.com/O6KEb9h.png

Terminal
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machinists (NOD Engineers) can capture vehicles, which is why they cost $300 more than the regular engineer.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Martin Killer, are you Martinoz O? If do, sorry I've been unable to respond to you as I'm on vacation. I'll be home tonight so I'll help you all where I can. This Mission causing internal errors is however is confusing as there is no reason in particular that a GDI Engineer capturing the Technology centre could cause the game to blow up.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, Martin Killer is Martinoz.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ExperimenterChemist
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
This Mission causing internal errors is however is confusing as there is no reason in particular that a GDI Engineer capturing the Technology centre could cause the game to blow up.

I tried it again, and it does not happen every time (I edited my post according to this). Maybe the except.txt which I enclosed can help to figure out what happened.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1 More tiny bug I found some time ago, but forgot to mention.
Since the Hall of Faith got changed foundation, some celltags need to be fixed in Nod mission 11.
They exit building 1 cell further west, which makes them not follow that script like they did in PB4 unless told to move out of there.

Celltags.PNG
 Description:
They exit here, where there is no celltag.
 Filesize:  72.75 KB
 Viewed:  12681 Time(s)

Celltags.PNG

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah of course. Thanks for the tip. That will be fixed tonight.

Eternity 6
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello in GDI 09 it gives me the option to build a hall of faith I capture the two nod outposts . This option only appears when I build an infantry unit . Despite showing the icon and it being select-able I cannot build it .

SAVE5AF1.SAV
 Description:
It gives me the option to build a hall of faith .

Download
 Filename:  SAVE5AF1.SAV
 Filesize:  2.78 MB
 Downloaded:  11 Time(s)

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once when playing the Nod campaign I noticed that in some directions, when its tilted the Nod flame tank got a pink dot. Not any big issue, but I thought why not, mention it just in case.

Pink dot.PNG
 Description:
Its visible
 Filesize:  5.92 KB
 Viewed:  12622 Time(s)

Pink dot.PNG

Stellar Journey
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was playing a skirmish with an AI to test out some of the new features of PB05.31 as GDI and I ran into a problem with the tech tree. My Tech Center was destroyed along with some of my power plants but not my Uplink Center. For whatever reason I was unable to use my Ion Cannon even after I restored power (the icon was gone until I rebuilt my Tech Center) but I was still allowed to construct units that I think require a Tech Center. I could still build a Mammoth Mk. II and siege infantry, but I wasn't allowed to use the Ion Cannon anymore. Unless I'm misunderstanding the tech tree, I'm fairly sure that this is a bug.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This isn't a problem so to speak, this is our little method to prevent people from abusing the Tech bug. If you're unaware, the Tech Bug is a remnant from Tiberian Sun that causes units you acquire from new structures such as the radar and technology center to remain in your sidebar even after those structures have been sold or destroyed. In an attempt to combat this, we made it essential for the Ion Cannon and Apocalypse Missile to require the Technology Center and the Uplink Center/Temple of Nod to be used.

As I said, the fact that you can still build units that use the Tech Center as a prerequisite after the Tech Center has been destroyed is a bug that has been in the game since forever. There isn't anything we can do about this, however, we're hoping in the future somebody comes up with a fix for it. If said fix comes along, we will make it so that Superweapons only require the Temple or Uplink Center to fire.

ForTheJunk
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In GDI 15, Nod continues to rebuild the southeastern base even after you have destroyed all nod buildings there and they should have nothing to build off of.

ForTheJunk
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another bug that may be an engine bug that I noticed in GDI 15. When you load infantry onto a transport while on an elevated bridge, then unload them on ground level, the troops will exit the transport from the height of the bridge and fall to their deaths.

ExperimenterChemist
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bugs and strange things

Note: some of these were noticed with TI pre-5.036. Some of them may be already solved.

In Nod Mission 3, the GDI Harvesters are different than they are in the following Nod missions (picture attached). Is this intentional?

Nod Mission 6: if you got close to the first GloboTech Cannon Battery too early, the train which is triggered to move away crushes another train (video here).

Nod Mission 8: Some GloboTech units do not do anything, which makes them easily capturable. GloboTech cannot be so stupid to let Nod capture two of its precious Disruptors so easily!

Nod Mission 9: the Infector can create visceroids from almost anything. Benches, crates, palettes, dumpsters, pipes and even GloboTech Sentry Guns can be transformed into visceroids, which is strange, because these do not contain many living material. Once, my visceroid ended somewhat inside the floor. Tunnel roofs also had serious problems (images are also attached).
A side note: the text says that "A cybernetically enhanced elite commando, half man - half Tiberium!" If he is half man and half Tiberium, then where are the cybernetic enhancements? Of course, "half men, half machine, half Tiberium" is 1,5 people  Very Happy and "one-third men, one-third machine, one-third Tiberium" sounds a bit strange for me, but maybe "the perfect synthesis/fusion/combination [choose one] of men, machine and Tiberium" may be more appropriate.

Nod Mission 11: with a small trick (destroying some of your gates), you can repair your vehicles by sending them in front of the Mobile Repair Vehicle near the AI linker.

Nod Mission 12: the train is sometimes buggy. Its parts have a tendency to move separately. Near the end of their track, these problems are mostly solved, but before this, your train gives you funny experiences (see here and here).

Nod Mission 13: you can force attacking Mole Artilleries of New Brotherhood to dig constantly by attacking them from close range.

Nod Mission 14: the New Brotherhood base behaves somewhat strange. It produces Eclipse tanks etc., but do not use them to defend itself even if it is under attack (see here), just if the enemy fires on them (video here). I know that sometimes best defence is offence, but in these cases I doubt this.

Nod Mission 15: I experienced a somewhat controversial text message about what happened with the trucks which I should destroy (picture is below). Also, there are Firestorm Walls which never go offline, even if you destroy all Firestorm Generators and Power Plants (including those which are inside them). Picture is below.

Nod 9 - tunnel error 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  503.39 KB
 Viewed:  12136 Time(s)

Nod 9 - tunnel error 1.png

Nod 9 - tunnel error 2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  266.81 KB

Nod 9 - tunnel error 2.png

Nod 9 - tunnel error 3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  802.92 KB

Nod 9 - tunnel error 3.png

Nod 9 - tunnel error 4.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  579.21 KB

Nod 9 - tunnel error 4.png

Nod 9 - tunnel error 5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  608 KB

Nod 9 - tunnel error 5.png

Nod 9 - tunnel error 6.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  397.29 KB

Nod 9 - tunnel error 6.png

ExperimenterChemist
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Images which I left out from the previous post: GDI Harvester and Nod Mission 15.

GDI harvester in Nod 3 (left) and Nod 4 (right).PNG
 Description:
Left: GDI Harvester in Nod Mission 3.
Right: GDI Harvester in Nod Mission 4A (in the following Nod missions, this image is used).
 Filesize:  34.19 KB
 Viewed:  12130 Time(s)

GDI harvester in Nod 3 (left) and Nod 4 (right).PNG

Nod 15 - Controversy.png
 Description:
Are there any trucks which managed to escape or not?
 Filesize:  1.18 MB

Nod 15 - Controversy.png

Nod 15 - Firestorm Wall forever.png
 Description:
Every Firestorm Generator and Power Plant of GDI was destroyed, but these Firestorm Walls are still online.
 Filesize:  1.31 MB

Nod 15 - Firestorm Wall forever.png

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ExperimenterChemist wrote:

In Nod Mission 3, the GDI Harvesters are different than they are in the following Nod missions (picture attached). Is this intentional?

Seems like someone added a TD harv instead of a TI harv Very Happy So, in which timeline does mission 3 play? After all, the buildings used in TD are the same as in TI (priority is to finish theother buildings first, after all)

Nod Mission 9: the Infector can create visceroids from almost anything. Benches, crates, palettes, dumpsters, pipes and even GloboTech Sentry Guns can be transformed into visceroids, which is strange, because these do not contain many living material. Once, my visceroid ended somewhat inside the floor. Tunnel roofs also had serious problems (images are also attached).
A side note: the text says that "A cybernetically enhanced elite commando, half man - half Tiberium!" If he is half man and half Tiberium, then where are the cybernetic enhancements? Of course, "half men, half machine, half Tiberium" is 1,5 people  Very Happy and "one-third men, one-third machine, one-third Tiberium" sounds a bit strange for me, but maybe "the perfect synthesis/fusion/combination [choose one] of men, machine and Tiberium" may be more appropriate.

well, the mutating is hardcoded to work on all, regardless of unit, structure, tank or infantry.
There can be added some changes, though. I am certain that the mutating particlesystem uses a warhead, which could be edited to not work on light/heavy/wood and concrete for that specific mission.

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

ExperimenterChemist
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nordos wrote:
well, the mutating is hardcoded to work on all, regardless of unit, structure, tank or infantry

This explains what I experienced. I thought that it only works on infantry...
Nordos wrote:
I am certain that the mutating particlesystem uses a warhead, which could be edited

You were right: it uses MutationWH with Verses=50%,15%,30%,5%,0%. It seems that ony MutatePart and MUTATDMG (the art.ini debris spawned by the warhead of The Infector's weapon) uses this, and with verses 50%,0%,0%,0%,0% it will only affect infantry. (Of course, this somewhat decreases overall damage dealt to objects with wood/light/heavy/concrete armor, but I am sure this can be compensated.)

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you should give the Infector a secondary weapon, if you do that. IIRC he won't use it if the range is equal or less.
Then edit the Warhead of the elite Infector weapon, so that it will only work vs infantry, since that weapon barely deals any damage and relies on its mutating effect, which would result in him being nearly unable to destroy any buildings after becoming elite.

I just hope that I didn't confuse the primary and secondary behaviour #Tongue

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

TheLostSabre
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought the Infector already have a secondary weapon in the form of his web grenade?

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah he does.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wasn't it removed in the latest patch? Pretty sure of it

ExperimenterChemist
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TI ini files are easy to found. (Warning! Wall of text follows!) Relevant codes:

Code:
Rules.ini:

[INFECT]
Name=The Infector
Category=Soldier
Primary=Toxingun
Secondary=WebLauncherInfector
Elite=ToxingunElite

[Toxingun]
Damage=50
Warhead=MutateWH100

[ToxingunElite]
Damage=1
Warhead=MutateWH300

[MutateWH100]
Spread=0
Verses=50%,10%,20%,5%,0%
InfDeath=1
AnimList=MUTIN100   ;0-100 random points of mutation damage
ProneDamage=25%

[MutateWH300]
Spread=0
Verses=50%,20%,25%,5%,0%
InfDeath=1
Particle=MutateSys   ;do always 25 points of mutation damage
AnimList=MUTIN300   ;0-375 random points of mutation damage
ProneDamage=25%

[MutateSys]
HoldsWhat=MutatePart
BehavesLike=Fire
Image=CLRANIM ;none

[MutatePart]
Image=CLRANIM ;none
MaxDC=1
MaxEC=1
Damage=25
Warhead=MutationWH
StartFrame=0
EndStateAI=1
Translucency=50
WindEffect=0
BehavesLike=Gas
StateAIAdvance=3
DeleteOnStateLimit=yes

[MutationWH]
Spread=0
Verses=50%,15%,30%,5%,0%
InfDeath=1
Particle=MutateSys   ;do 25 mutation damage
ProneDamage=25%

Art.ini:

;anim that starts the random mutation damage
;spawns creates 0-4 debris with each debris doing a small amount of mutation dmaage
[MUTIN100]
Image=INVISO
Elasticity=0.0
MaxXYVel=1.0
MinZVel=-10.0
Damage=0
DamageRadius=0
Spawns=MUTATDMG
SpawnCount=4
Warhead=SA
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=1
LoopCount=-1
DetailLevel=0
RandomRate=220,500
Bouncer=yes

;spawns creates 0-15 debris with each debris doing a small amount of mutation dmaage
[MUTIN300]
Image=INVISO
Elasticity=0.0
MaxXYVel=1.0
MinZVel=-10.0
Damage=0
DamageRadius=0
Spawns=MUTATDMG
SpawnCount=15
Warhead=SA
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=1
LoopCount=-1
DetailLevel=0
RandomRate=220,500
Bouncer=yes

;this one does the mutation damage via the warhead which creates for this the particlesystem with gas damage
[MUTATDMG]
Image=INVISO
Elasticity=0.0
MaxXYVel=1.0
MinZVel=-10.0
ExpireAnim=TSRAILG   ;with none warhead is ignored
Damage=1   ;with 0 warhead is ignored
DamageRadius=0
Warhead=MutationWH
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=1
LoopCount=-1
RandomRate=220,600
DetailLevel=0
Bouncer=yes

We should calculate the overall damage.

Toxingun: 50 damage with MutateWH100, then n×1 damage through MUTATDMG with MutationWH, then n×25 damage through MutatePart with MutationWH --> 50 damage with MutateWH100 and n×26 damage with MutationWH (n=0-4)

ToxingunElite: 1 damage with MutateWH300, then 25 damage through Particle=MutateSys of MutateWH300 (with Warhead=MutationWH), then n×1 damage through MUTATDMG with MutationWH, then n×25 damage through MutatePart with MutationWH --> 1 damage with MutateWH300 and 25+n×26 damage with MutationWH (n=0-15)

If you change the verses of MutationWH from 50%,15%,30%,5%,0% to 50%,0%,0%,0%,0%; Toxingun will only deal 50 damage with MutateWH100 to units with non-none armor, while ToxingunElite will only deal 1 (with MutateWH300). In order to compensate this, my first idea is addition of an art.ini debris spawned by MUTATDMG with a new warhead:

Code:
Rules.ini changes/additions:

[Warheads]
xx=CorrectionWH

[Animations]
yy=CORRECTION

;based on MutationWH, but has 0% verse against none and do not use MutateSys
[CorrectionWH]
Spread=0
Verses=0%,15%,30%,5%,0% ;the same as MutationWH with the exception of the first value
InfDeath=1
ProneDamage=25%

[MutationWH]
Verses=50%,0%,0%,0%,0%

Art.ini changes/additions:

[MUTATDMG]
Next=CORRECTION

;compensates for decreasing overall damage dealt into non-none armor
[CORRECTION]
Image=INVISO
Elasticity=0.0
MaxXYVel=1.0
MinZVel=-10.0
ExpireAnim=TSRAILG   ;with none warhead is ignored
Damage=26 ;with 0 warhead is ignored
DamageRadius=0
Warhead=CorrectionWH
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=1
LoopCount=-1
RandomRate=220,600
DetailLevel=0
Bouncer=yes

In this way, Toxingun will deal 50 damage with MutateWH100 and n×26 (n=0-4) damage with verses equal to the verses of MutationWH through CORRECTION into non-none armor, and ToxingunElite will deal 1 damage with MutateWH300 and n×26 damage (n=0-15) through CORRECTION with verses equal to the verses of MutationWH into non-none armor. So damage dealt by Toxingun is corrected completely, and ToxingunElite deals only slightly less damage then originally because the MutateSys spawned by the MutateWH300 no longer damage vehicles.

I tested this ingame, but I was still able to mutate palettes etc. into visceroids, so I surely missed something. Unfortunately, I cannot found the mistake yet.

TheLostSabre
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nordos wrote:
wasn't it removed in the latest patch? Pretty sure of it

You're probably thinking about the Cyborg Reaper, who initially had their web grenade removed when P5 just came out. This was since added back to their arsenal.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tested this ingame, but I was still able to mutate palettes etc. into visceroids, so I surely missed something. Unfortunately, I cannot found the mistake yet.

look closer.
The Warhead used for mutating is another one, namely MutatingWH, since this one has the particle system and it is the warhead of said particle system

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My game gets stuck if I attempt to save it. I do succeed in saving/loading though, but saving itself gets the game stuck, so I have to reload the game.

An inconvenience worth mentioning.

Also, GDI Commando was nerfed, so GDI Challenge 2 became a whole lot harder lol

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum