Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
skirmishes
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nameless

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject:  skirmishes
Subject description: Skirmishes Lobby screen not loading correctly
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all,

Here's hoping you can shed some light on a little issue that I am having with this awesome mod.

I have windows 7 pro 64 bit, have no problem running the single player campaigns. however I cannot seem to get the Skirmishes to function, due to the bottom of the game window not showing, I.e, there is no launch game button and no scroll bar.

I've tried scouring the Net for similar issues but thus far seem to be the only one experiencing such problems.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please give some more info.
What resolution does your desktop have? If you have a tiny laptop screen, the fixed menu size could be an issue.

Do you set something like 150% dpi in your windows screen settings, making everything bigger?

Please upload a screenshot showing us the issue.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,

Slightly embarrassing,

I don't know how to post screen shots onto here, not the most gifted  with computers so you'll have to bare with me.

But when I go into skirmish lobby, it appears that part of the sides as well as the bottom part of the window is cut off somehow...

I have currently got my desktop resolution set at 1360x768
I know that seems quite high, it's set as the default currently.

I've also tried all the other resolutions available right down to 800 x 600 and the issue still persists.

I've tweaked with the In game Resolutions and even tried playing around with the compatibility mode again to no avail.

Could it be due to a bad installation?

[/img]

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't upload files as a guest (in other words, you need to register an account before you can attach files to posts).

The selected ingame resolution doesn't affect the client's window sizes at all; the cause is indeed most likely your DPI settings, like LKO mentioned.
To change your DPI settings, first right-click on the desktop, then go to 'Screen resolution', then click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller" and finally make sure that 100% is selected on the page that now appeared.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most likely it's indeed either your DPI settings or you've made your taskbar higher than the default setting. DTA requires a minimum resolution of 1024x768, so 1366x768 should be enough.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject:  skirmishes Issue Fixed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello  Very Happy

You were right, it was my dpi after all.. The game is now purring like a kitten.

Thanks for your support and speedy responses.

Such an awesome mod, even got my dad hooked on it Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum