Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am
All times are UTC + 0
RA2 TS Comparison??
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [159 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
It can be requested and such but if you do think Ares must recreate all the TS logics, you're way over your head.

Well, regardless that I mostly agree with you, especially in this conversation you vs TS hard core fans, when you made good points, I strongly disagree with this one.
You saw on LKO's example how bad it looks like his point of view ,,if I do not like (maybe even hate) RA2, then it is bad, and mods are bad", everyone even his friend Aro notice that it is bad. For me it looks bad that someone in his age cannot learn finally that facts are one things, but personnel taste is another.
And you also in some occasions behave like him, with those TS features.
If you do not like them, then do not code, or if they are coded already, then do not use them. But saying that they are bad just because you do not like them is just wrong as LKO was doing all time.
AlexB said that he plans (but read, he is planning, it is not sure that he will implement anything) to add more TS features, which means that he also does not share same idea as you. As majority of people needs TS features, they are interested in them, therefore TS features are useful. Also ,to some point, as Ares have more and more TS features by time, then it is chance that some of their fans will move to Ares, since it has combination of both YR/TS and new logics combined.
I also personally share same idea as AlexB and say ,,as more TS features into Ares, the better." Also, since Ares grows more powerful by each new version rapidly, those TS fanatics have less and less arguments by the way Very Happy
You see, all what they have is that save games are not working, terrain and ice deformation (which even they cannot agree that it is downside), veins and few others stuff, overall, less drawbacks than you can count fingers on your hands. They ignore fact that we can do in turn 50 times more, some of them seems that did not read Ares manual to see that we can have customized EMP weapons, Tiberiu Damage/Heal, yet even to determine which tiberium type will deal which warhead and damage, infantry death, tiberium remains customizeable, and even silo logic dependencey to be enabled/disabled to some factions... I cannot count other stuff now. Thats why I mostly agree with you, since in most cases  I read same and same repeatedly stuff what Ares can do (very few).
Yes, I talked with AlexB about certain stuff already few times.
He told me that veinhole is pain in ass to implement, aswell chemical missile, but there are some leftover codes for that.
Jellyfish, that tiberium floater is also not worth of his time, cause many tags needs to be added just for few features which can be done or mimic in another ways. However awesome, there are still some features which are hard to implement.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
Jellyfish, that tiberium floater is also not worth of his time, cause many tags needs to be added just for few features which can be done or mimic in another ways. However awesome, there are still some features which are hard to implement.

Can't you just make a unit with IsCow=Yes and give it an electric weapon and a gas weapon?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RatsInTheWalls wrote:
Can't you just make a unit with IsCow=Yes and give it an electric weapon and a periodic AttachEffect spawning gas?

He can.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The floater is much more than just that, though. It acts like a sort of soft ball; if colliding with something it bounces away from the obstacle. The gas puff that it spawns will give it a short speed boost. The Floater also moves at different speeds depending on its status (neutral, provoked, attacking, near target, etc.).

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for the speed boost, make it so that it spawns a gas particle (that's actually a weapon) that increases it's speed for a short amount of time using Attacheffect.

ALSO: I don't think bouncing is possible.

AND ALSO: If you want to make it sort of puff away, then you can make it so that it's a gattling weapon that fires and then for the first stage it's faster and then it gradually degrades.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm.... Weird..... Very Happy

Actually not just that he can, actually he did

it is done few months ago
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=501848#501848

And yesterday, I converted it into SHP infantry so it can use IsCow=yes because Floater is vehicle type
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=514261#514261

Dilach, you helped me to set AE on that, remember.

In previous post, I was just talking about original feature that AlexB said it is hard to do, in case that someone needs that, so we will have to use this workaround to mimic Floater, works for me for months at least.
Only difference is that original Floater is releasing gas while moving, with my workaround it is doing that all time which is better.

Hey guys, I have question. I talked with AlexB yesterday and we do not know exactly, that Tiberium Fiend, can it go back to Tiberium patch when on red health or something? We know that it uses prone frames when standing on Tiberium, but does it have some scans for Tiberium when damaged, to go there to heal? LKO, you probably know Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

Hmmm.... Weird..... Very Happy

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know I noticed it, better answer question about Tiberium Fiend, so in case that AlexB decides to code it, that he should know what to do.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I usually check that myself when it comes to that. I just don't check everything all the time, because then I would do nothing else than just checking stuff all day.

But this is getting a bit off-topic. I'll talk about Ares in the Ares sub-forum.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RatsInTheWalls wrote:
Hey, I have this crazy idea.

Concrete is overlay. Tiberium veins are overlay. Right? I haven't modded C&C in years so yeah.

Veinholes can grow overlay on the map.

If veinhole logic gets put in Ares, wouldn't it be possible for players to build structures that spawn overlay?

Wouldn't it be possible to make the construction yard spawn concrete around itself, slowly?

If that's possible, the complaint about deformable terrain ruining buildings space is completely irrelevant. Because your base will never turn in a crater.

OH MY FUCKEN GOD SOMEBODY PIN THIS MAN A MEDAL FOR AWESOMENESS. Death to the nay sayers.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS is free now RA2 ain't. Haven't thought yet about how to share my ra2 mod once ready. thank god I found a "free" ra2 so my CD drive ain't driving me nuts.

srsly what files is one supposed to leave out for ea not to get pissed at one? the exe?

I sure love how I can copy paste TS or extract and instant play.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah yes, OrangeNero in previous page made a point. Since original topic was comparison, what RA2 modding can offer which TS cannot and what TS modding can offer which RA2 cannot, OrangeNero was first to mention that RA2 has crazy stuff, with Magnetron and some other stuff.
Noboy mentioned Electric weapon, Chrono, radiation, min control, chaos, ballon hover and much more RA2 can offer, people were just focusing in which TS features can be done into RA2, after part of TS mods vs RA2 mods.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Pretty sure TS has the 100 units bug still, though that was fixed with Ares. For a reorganised vehicle types list there is one on ModEnc

Thanks for the link. My TS mod has currently 120 Vehicletypes and the bug did not trigger so far. So my guess is that the bug came with RA2. Also the info on ModEnc seems to be wrong.

Note about the list enumeration

It does matter what comes in front of the =
I have 2 identical RulesMD except for the vehicletypes list. With stuff like 110=MLRSB2 the unit will not show up in the sidebar to build nor does the AI build it, likely it doesn't even exist for the game. The position is way below the 100th vehicle unit but maybe the wrong numeration or the actual number above 100 messes it up. I noticed at least 3 units disapearing because of that.

The first list works correctly the second one ain't.

[VehicleTypes]
1=AEGIS
2=AMCV
3=BFRT
4=CARRIER
5=CMIN
6=DEST
7=DLPH
8=FV
9=LCRF
10=MGTK
11=MTNK
12=ROBO
13=SHAD
14=SREF
15=TNKD

16=APOC
17=DISK
18=DRED
19=DRON
20=DTRUCK
21=HARV
22=HYD
23=HTK
24=HTNK
25=SAPC
26=SCHP
27=SMCV
28=SQD
29=SUB
30=TTNK
31=V3
32=ZEP

33=BSUB
34=CAOS
35=YHVR
36=YTNK
37=LTNK
38=MIND
39=PCV
40=SMIN
41=TELE

42=BRED
43=BMP1D
44=BMP2OBR
45=COMMA
46=GRIZZLYLEO2
47=M1A2
48=T72
49=T62A
50=ZTZ99
51=T55
52=AMX
53=Leo1
54=GRIZZG
55=AMX40
56=CHALL2
57=T34
58=BTMS
59=T552B
60=NOROV
61=HTK2B
62=MLRS
63=SMISTNK
64=DV
65=TUNGUSKA
66=BM21
67=MLRSB2

;notice the gap here
102=AMBU
103=BCAB
104=BUS
105=CAR
106=CBLC
107=CDEST
108=CIVP
109=CMON
110=CONA
111=COP
112=CRUISE
113=DDBX
114=DeathDummy
115=DOLY
116=EUROC
117=FTRK
118=HORV
119=HOWI
120=YCAB
121=YDUM
122=JEEP
123=LIMO
124=PICK
125=PROPA
126=PTRUCK
127=SCHD
128=STANG
129=SUVB
130=SUVW
131=TAXI
132=TRUCKA
133=TRUCKB
134=TUG
135=UTNK
136=VLAD
137=WINI
138=XCOMET

[VehicleTypes]
1=AEGIS
2=AMCV
3=BFRT
4=CARRIER
5=CMIN
6=DEST
7=DLPH
8=FV
9=LCRF
10=MGTK
11=MTNK
12=ROBO
13=SHAD
14=SREF
15=TNKD

16=APOC
17=DISK
18=DRED
19=DRON
20=DTRUCK
21=HARV
22=HYD
23=HTK
24=HTNK
25=SAPC
26=SCHP
27=SMCV
28=SQD
29=SUB
30=TTNK
31=V3
32=ZEP

33=BSUB
34=CAOS
35=YHVR
36=YTNK
37=LTNK
38=MIND
39=PCV
40=SMIN
41=TELE

85=BRED
86=BMP1D
87=BMP2OBR
88=COMMA
89=GRIZZLYLEO2
90=M1A2
91=T72
92=T62A
93=ZTZ99
94=T55
95=AMX
96=Leo1
97=GRIZZG
98=AMX40
99=CHALL2
100=T34
101=BTMS
102=T552B
103=NOROV
104=HTK2B
105=MLRS
106=SMISTNK
107=DV
108=TUNGUSKA
109=BM21
110=MLRSB2

;notice the gap here
102=AMBU
103=BCAB
104=BUS
105=CAR
106=CBLC
107=CDEST
108=CIVP
109=CMON
110=CONA
111=COP
112=CRUISE
113=DDBX
114=DeathDummy
115=DOLY
116=EUROC
117=FTRK
118=HORV
119=HOWI
120=YCAB
121=YDUM
122=JEEP
123=LIMO
124=PICK
125=PROPA
126=PTRUCK
127=SCHD
128=STANG
129=SUVB
130=SUVW
131=TAXI
132=TRUCKA
133=TRUCKB
134=TUG
135=UTNK
136=VLAD
137=WINI
138=XCOMET

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really. Entries share IDs and you wonder why some of them doesn't work?!

The fact that for example T552B shares ID with AMBU is the culprit and one of them is void, determinated by random. Way to go.

It doesn't matter what's before the = as long as it's unique iow hadn't popped up in the list before (the game actually ignores the stuff and reenumerates it during parsing, that's how Ares's type dumping throws out differently enumd typelists). I could put Buttheadcantmod = T552B instead of the 102 and bam, the entres are fixed.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you just proof my point that it can't really be anything.

Quote:
The engine doesn't pay any attention to it, it discards everything to the left of the = sign

Quote:
Note, the numbers on the left can really be anything

Also go and receive your spanking from Banshee. Maybe he sends you to the very same "lets get along" thread for the 3rd time this week. if he hasn't sent you there 3 times already this week then its about time anyway.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

It doesn't matter what's before the = as long as

Quote:
as long as

Quote:
as long as

Quote:
as long as

Quote:
as long as

Quote:
as long as

what a lonely ass

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's an ID. Common sense dictates an ID is unique. The fact that you lack common sense is well, just a degree of yours.

=======================

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
Maybe he sends you to the very same "lets get along" thread for the 3rd time this week.

hahahaha! Man I like you Very Happy
Just to correct you, it was ,,lets be gentle"
I like his 70s' style ,,lets get together" ... ,,make love no war"... ,,stop racism"... ,,planet is enough for all of us" and similiar campaigns... When here in PPM, only is needed good ban! (I do not mean now on this situation, no pointing for Dilach, I speak generally)

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion is completely right. Ini sections contain key=value pairs and keys can be anything in the list sections, but in no section (neither list nor normal) can the same key occur twice.

Why would one expect it to work for lists, while this would stick out as plain wrong?

[AMBI]
Strength=50
Strength=1000

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SOMEBODY PIN A MEDAL TO GRAION'S FANCY COAT AND SOMEBODY GIVE ORANGE NERO A DUNCE CAP that is all.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bunch of idiots. Common sense would of have told you that I already fixed the problem myself before posting here. Found the solution by disregarding what ModEnc said. So much for "I can't mod".

Ya GD may know a lot about modding but he doesn't know jackshit when it comes to the english language.

AlexB shut up and read the ModEnc entry. It DISREGARDS the entry. You speak english yes? One can't say that it disregards the entry and that it doesn't matter what stands there and then come like: Oh yea well it really doesn't matter what stands there it can be anything (anything includes duplicates moron)but there's this excepton that ModEnc doesn't state. But really you don't have to care what stands there but you have to care what stands there so that its not a duplicate.

English do you speak it?!

And that
[AMBI]
Strength=50
Strength=1000
ain't the same thing.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why do you have Two Entries for Strength...

The Bottom one would be the one taking priority over what would read. You say TibEd doesn't leave residual crap? That's some crap right there.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg dude stfu if you don't read. Nowhere do I have that thats some example that AlexB took out of his mind.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You also took one of Graion's Quotes out of context. Your argument is invalid.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg dude don't make me explain to you the meaning of the word Anything and Disregard because I wont. What argument? That his ass is lonely? Ok I guess we can agree on that.
Carry on nothing to see here. btw someone should add to ModEnc that Duplicates matter because currently ModEnc says it doesn't.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero: The key is discarded when reading list sections. It is not used for identifying the objects the list defines: only the value is used. Yet, you cannot have the same key more than once in any section, and there is no difference between having two 102= or two Strength= entries.

The reason is simple: interpreting sections happens way later than parsing the ini file. When opening an ini file, the parser does not know what a list section is, thus it cannot make a difference there even if it wanted to.

Each section can be read like a list to output all key names, then getting the value for each key. It just makes no sense for sections like GACNST. And each list section could be queried for the numbers 0= to some large number. But this does not happen as you can easily test: any text left to the equal sign is a valid and working key, too.

Conceptually it works like this:
Code:
Count := GetNumberOfKeys()
for each Number from 1 to Count:
    KeyName = GetKeyName(Number)
    Value = GetValueForKey(KeyName) <-- !!!!!
    CreateBuildingTypeIfNotThereAlready(Value)

It fails at the marker, because key "102" is the same as the other "102", and it will return the same value for each call, no matter what Number is.

On another note: I recommend to read ModEnc again. It clearly speaks about the indexes of each item that is read, not that there can be duplicate keys. With you failing to quote an important part of Graion's statement, then ranting at him because of your misunderstanding, as well as blaming ModEnc for something it doesn't even say, I ask you:
OrangeNero wrote:
You speak english yes?

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow dude really. You link to A DIFFERENT POST! CONGRATZ. Oh yea a modder is supposed to have read every single page of ModEnc and memorise each one even when they contradict each other.

Go ztype you. For sers.

Can be anything ain't the same as can be anything as long as... . Thats my point. No more no less.

Again no need to explain me why. I fixed it myself since I figured it out myself before posting it here in the first place.

Last edited by OrangeNero on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And I need the let's get along thread, eh?  Rolling Eyes

=======================

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you started it. since then this thread is in the ditch anyway. There you can be happy now. I edited my post before someone else like you takes the liberty to do it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero, I don't know what is your problem today, but considering your behavior in the lastest few posts, you are suspended for 3 days, so you'll have some time to cool down.

See you back on friday.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come on Banshee, he was fun at least, I was laughing.
I understand that this is supposed to be serious forum and serious conversations, here are serious modders, but we need some fun occasionally. And OrangeNero gave it Very Happy
I said that we definitively need bans, but did not mean on this thread, its just as replacement to ,,lets get along" threads.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a difference between not taking things seriously and being a complete arsehole, especially towards people trying to help in a very reasonable, honest and indepth way like AlexB was. Getting pissed off and defensive over NOTHING is not fun, it's exactly the opposite.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is why you shouldn't use TibEd, kiddies. Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
There's a difference between not taking things seriously and being a complete arsehole, especially towards people trying to help in a very reasonable, honest and indepth way like AlexB was. Getting pissed off and defensive over NOTHING is not fun, it's exactly the opposite.

^This, MasterHaosis.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:

for the record.
if you'd had actually read the whole thing which banshee didn't do either aparently so no wonder he doesn't understand a damn you could se that I was " trying to help in a very reasonable, honest and indepth way" until GD comes by being an arsehole but whatever have fun in live.

Aro my mod released 1.0 with new missions so I am doing fine thx. **** you.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So let me get this straight.
OrangeNero gets back from his temporary ban and as a result does what got him banned again?

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say we let OrangeNero be.

Clearly all that Tibed-coding has given him brain damage #Tongue

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And this gives you right to behave like him? To determine who has brain damage or not if using tibed?
No, I am not fan of Tib Ed and never used it or suggest that OrangeNero should use it. I do not like it.
I understand if Graion Dilach, or Banshee, OmegaBolt, Atomic_Noodles (or everyone who argued with him in this very thread) to blame him, but not you with 40 posts and 14 Jul 2014 join date, because you do not know him, they do. They are veteran modders and they know that this behavior is expected from him in any moment, but new people like you should avoid flame threads where people are banned because you cannot learn anything from there. Instead go to modding where you can learn something, or learn someone if you are pro.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

I am envious of your success.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

for the record.
if you'd had actually read the whole thing which banshee didn't do either aparently so no wonder he doesn't understand a damn you could se that I was " trying to help in a very reasonable, honest and indepth way" until GD comes by being an arsehole but whatever have fun in live.

I do not need to read all your messages before and after being edited to figure out that your behavior is completely inappropriate to this forum and the one you posted after the suspension continues to be.

With this kind of post, you won't be taken seriously at all. Take a deep breath and count to 20 before posting next time.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea you go the easy way. forum on fire? lets ban orange. was GD first to be an arsehole although he's a moderator here? who cares didn't read lol.

Its not like I'd care really. Don't piss on my leg then I wont piss on yours its that simple.

Now I am sure no one wants this thread to continue about me so lets get back on topic. TS vs RA2 folks, bring it on.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's just how meritocracies work.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
And this gives you right to behave like him? To determine who has brain damage or not if using tibed?
No, I am not fan of Tib Ed and never used it or suggest that OrangeNero should use it. I do not like it.
I understand if Graion Dilach, or Banshee, OmegaBolt, Atomic_Noodles (or everyone who argued with him in this very thread) to blame him, but not you with 40 posts and 14 Jul 2014 join date, because you do not know him, they do. They are veteran modders and they know that this behavior is expected from him in any moment, but new people like you should avoid flame threads where people are banned because you cannot learn anything from there. Instead go to modding where you can learn something, or learn someone if you are pro.

I don't think you realise how long rats have been gnawing inside the walls of PPM. Look around for posts by someone with a Yuri .gif as an avatar.

That's me too.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA2 gameplay starts with recruiting an army of dogs. I hate that and have never been a fan of RA2 MP tbh. All silly and hectic to end in a rather stupid tank spam.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then rebalance it. Make defensive structures stronger. Make walls stronger and cheaper.

There, done. You've killed the tank spam.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm thats what I am doing actually in my mod. Its not like I needed your advice either just saying how RA2 felt for me.

I added aircrafts much like the yuri ufo and mlrs and other more awesome stuff like that to break this gameplay up. Reducing the base building and all the anoying elements in gameplay to a bare minimum so players have more time for unit micro. Gonna kick out the dogs next and play around with scouting.

TS I found much more enjoyable in MP. Sure there's sub apc which is just cheap ass noddy but apart from that I'd prefer it. Tbh apart from generals every older c&c was not to my taste mp whise.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well this topic is about TS vs RA2 in engine capacity. I don't much like vanilla RA2 gameplay either, though TS wasn't better. Disruptor drops are just ridiculous. RA2 might begin with Dog spam but TS begins with E1 spam instead, for the same purpose. #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA2 online isn't as easy as everybody seems to think it is, there is a lot more to it than dog and tank spam if you've actually played challenging and decent players.

Yeah, I'm probably just wasting my time, I only know of one other member here that enjoys RA2 online as much as I do. Laughing

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro, he only seen Soviet mirrormatches, nuff said.

=======================

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Touché.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [159 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum