Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
About problems
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject:  About problems
Subject description: I have a lot of them
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So just a heads up before bothering to read this: this is not about voxeling or anything of that sort, but about me as a person more or less.

So, to the point, I've recently been having troubles with my education and my other half of my education, which was professionally ballet dancing, so I became a bit of a douche and started to skip classes because I felt uninterested in dancing, an more interested in school. However, my logical mind decided that it would be a great idea to skip school if I skipped dance. So as a result, my teachers ended up being not-so-fond of me.
So here's the problem. I am smart (in the top 10% of my grade.) and I'm having trouble, because of the fact that I can no longer go to the school, because the only reason I'm going to this really high-end school, (which is almost as flawed as a public school) is because of my dance, now, the only problem with me quitting ballet is the fact that I now want to do a form of education that won't bore me to death, so I'm getting into IB (for those of you who don't know, IB is a education program built to meet the standards of the entirety of the world) however, I need references from my teachers. And because of the amount of school I missed, my teachers are probably gonna talk shit about me. So, that's the problem. Also, just as a note, I'm 14.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dangit, when I'm stressed I get all my intentions wrong. My actual question was: what's worth more; enjoying life or school.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

at your age: school
in my country skipping classes at such young age was usually a sign of a future bum

I had 2 guys doing that what you do, and 1 was expelled from high school
and 2nd failed it

problem with you maybe isn't "school or enjoy life" but what type of school you go into
and finding correct hobbies

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

balance

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is best to stay in school, to get the education you need.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I see:
- you realized you're smart
- you thought you don't need to learn in the school because you can still pass the courses without it
- teachers hate you because you do not respect their job (see previous point)
- and then you want references?

You're a jerk. Especially at that age. You can't do anything you want, kid, you have requirements at that age.

If you can't take your current school serious, how can you be such naive that the IB one will be taken seriously? I doubt they're so much different in terms of lectures.

Really, requirements and responsibility. You had to attend the lectures, which you didn't. If your intended IB references fail, then it's your responsibility because your decision to skip led to the outcome. Teachers like bright students, especially when those are enough honest to know what can they do and what can't.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm with Graion, even though it kinda sounds a bit asshole-y but it's true. Responsibility man, that's a huge thing. No one can help you if you're not going to help yourself first.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup, you're a jerk.
Chalk it up to experience and accept that you done fucked up.  You also need to accept that the consequences now may have effects in the longer term.

You should immediately go and talk to whoever is in charge of your year, a dean or whatever, and explain your situation.  They'll probably have seen your type before and might be able to suggest some ways to make up the hours and improve your standing with your teachers.

If there is a way out of the hole you've dug for yourself, the way out is going to be difficult and unpleasant.  Accept that too.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
You're a jerk. Especially at that age. You can't do anything you want, kid, you have requirements at that age.

he ain't a jerk he's a 14 year old. you're a jerk tbh.

No clue if its america or his parents that are fucked up but over here if you miss school for more than a day they'll phone the parents and after a week the parents commit a crime.

good news kid what you do up to 14 is somewhat unimportant for you future. go to school and make good grades from now on then no ones gonna give a damn about your past. oh and srsly go talk to someone else with this than the internet. ya know someone who's responsible for you would be a good idea.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Usual 14 yos already are aware of the actions they do. (Here, if you pass 14, you're already punishable for crimes) Tho most of them does not want to take the responsibility, only do what they want, being total careless jerks in the long run.

I met enough of those at my workplace since well... community center means "free internet without parental control, yay!"

Wasting kindness to them does not worths it.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yup, I realized I fucked up halfway through, and now I'm kinda screwed, so I'm trying to find a way to pull myself back together, because if I go to any of the public schools in my city, every university will look at me and say: "NOPE, THAT KID'S FROM THAT CITY'S PUBLIC SCHOOLS. NOPE" because where I lie is not known to be a great area of the world (education wise) for example: here kids are being taught how to read clocks in IN GRADE 4... and you also have close to no homework, which is kind of a curse that's made to look like a blessing.
So, the only possible way for me to be at all respected for my education, would be to either enter IB or do this wayyyyy easier than IB but still slightly hard thing called AP (Advanced program). Also, I'm probably gonna be off the site for a few weeks so that I can finish off school on a good note. 1 more addition: My teachers are supposed to be top of the line teachers... here's a description of what they do: math/science teacher: copies at least half of her "own made up" assignments from a text book and gives no credit to the textbook, my previous English teacher (she was so bad that they fired her, and then fired the replacement for her) she used to check how much writing there was o the paper, and then would mark it based on the amount of writing there was on the paper. somebody handed in science homework to test the theory: She gave that person a 100% with the notes "great job, lots of work"... her actual assignment was 3 pages long, everybody else's was about 8-ish... and finally, my french teacher decides to show us french movies and then tells us to write grammar tests and read books... she uses her iPad and texts people for the entire class, only looking up when someone asks a question and then says, "the answer's probably on the internet, don't you have a phone?" and if they don't she complains about it for a minute before helping them... she's also racist towards Asian people... and I'm half Asian... (she actually made racist jokes about Asians several times while I was there, everybody just kinda laughed awkwardly, looked at me, and then shrugged it off.)
So, as you can see, my teachers did not help with my situation...
Well, I'll see how long I can actually hold myself from coming back on to PPM, but for now, bye. (let's hope my suicidal thoughts don't take effect)

EDIT: This no attempt to brag, but I was doing algebra at home in grade 4, because I had an additional Japanese program I was doing at home

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Really, requirements and responsibility. You had to attend the lectures, which you didn't. If your intended IB references fail, then it's your responsibility because your decision to skip led to the outcome. Teachers like bright students, especially when those are enough honest to know what can they do and what can't.

here, let me explain my actions first, I did not skip the entire year,  I attended the majority of my dance classes, (performed in 2 company productions, and got praise for it) and the majority of my school classes I went to as well. in fact, I attended school more often than my ballet classes... so, my teachers still liked me and respected me as a student, but as a person they didn't exactly like me. I'm the kind of person that is kind of a grammar nazi, and also likes to correct teachers on their mistakes, because as it turns out, a lot of teachers have no idea what they're doing. So, that was the true main reason I'm worried about my references, I'm worried that they'll try to strike some sort of revenge on me because of their personal dislike for me...
EDIT: when I said I started to skip classes, I meant that I would skip about once a week. And guess what I did while skipping. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I literally stared at a wall, wondering how stupid of an idea I was putting into action. At the moment I'm pretty certain it's my mom's fault. she pestered me and called me an idiot every time I messed up, she kicked me out of the house twice because I was too tired to do anything. (ballet requires strength training, and that is a hell of a work out(aprox. 400 ab reps, 200-250 arm base reps, 300-ish miscellaneous reps)) So in other words, my mind took a toll from that and I started evaluate my life as more pointless... my mind began to have suicidal thoughts, and the only thing that could take me away from those thoughts was youtube, books, and RA2/YR which I discovered through my mom's boyfriend, which was a gateway to red-resurrection, mental omega, and all that other stuff, and then I figured out that it was easily moddable. So that is a reason that you may not have known about.
My Dad is also the only person I truly trust

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:

oh and srsly go talk to someone else with this than the internet. ya know someone who's responsible for you would be a good idea.

For some reason I feel more comfortable talking to complete strangers, and that's why I want to see a counselor but they're expensive as hell.(115$ an hour? I think.)

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Education is not everything, by a long shot. You should always be interested in learning but if the education system is not working for you then telling people that can only help. What you don't want to do is stay in a shitty school situation and only lose interest further, that will more than likely damage your grades anyway and you'll suffer.

I used to love school when I was 10 or so, but only because it allowed me to see friends there. The education itself was not interesting at all. At 12 and onwards things just got shitter, as I had fewer and fewer friends and wasn't interested in school at all. By the end of it it was just total depression and no idea what to do. Still I'm not out of it. Really no one can help you achieve anything but yourself, education systems don't work or guarantee anything. Don't settle for a steady job that isn't interesting if you have a better idea.

Schools tell you two lies. 1) that education guarantees you a good life. 2) even if you don't do well in education you'll still be OK. The truth is neither, IMO. Ambitious people always achieve what they want regardless of their education. If you have an idea of what you really want to do, be it a job, a hobby, a better method of education, then do it.

Just talk to someone you trust about it. Try explain yourself, hopefully they'll be compassionate and understand.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strangers won't gonna help in this case because they don't see it as a whole. Get your friends. Really. Your best ones. They can help you as well.

I bring you an example. Something which I know too well and never will gonna forget it in my life... because it's me. I have deep issues with my self-esteem, so much that during 2010, I almost managed to do a suicide run. I knew that my then-best friend wouldn't even care about what I'll do. But there was a guy whom I could tell everything, because he lived too far to stop me. We knew each other for ca. 2 years back then, and he just got out from his personal crisis where I was one of his best support to get through on it, so he decided to keep me on the phone and get out contact info of people who not just would want to stop my suicide run, but also meet me regularly to physically stop me.... and he did get one of other friend's phone number out. Why I told it, I still don't know, I was somewhere between madness, depression and insanity.

But that other friend jumped into action, without knowing what the hell was going, he quickly realized there is something big trouble if a guy who he met like twice calls him about it... and on March 21th, 2010, after a long walk in the Danube, bursting into a cry and such, I regain my will to live. It was a nice warm Sunday to be honest.

And even since then, I deal with my issues not alone but usually talk about it with my close friends whom I trust in to find the solution. And honestly... if I could turn back time, I wouldn't change that day and that story, because without it, I would never even stood up for myself, like ever.

=======================

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, thanks for your ummm.... I guess you could call it support? I have my IB test tomorrow, so if I do well I might be able to get in... probably gonna get my junior high teachers from grade 8 to do my referrals, because I had a much better record back then... (I think) until then, I guess wish me luck?

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:

No clue if its america or his parents that are fucked up

Not America, Canada, and only my mom

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait, gistop, did you say you are uninterested in ballet but interested in the other parts of school?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, don't listen to anything OrangeNero says as he is most likely the most immature one on here currently. (I don't care if you say I'm attacking you, because it's true)

If there's any advice I can give, it would be that graduating with ease from a no-name school is alot better for your future than being held back. Plenty of people go to Harvard-like schools and end up not getting jobs because a school-name alone may get you a job, but it won't get you the job you WANT. And like OmegaBolt said, ambitious people will strive to get what they want, regardless of what school you went to.

Also like everyone else says, talk to someone you can physically see, friends, family, someone that can actually do something to help. As much advice as we can give, we're all most likely too far away to help, nor should you tell any of us where you live #Tongue

It's a well-known fact that teachers either take stuff from textbooks or are the ones writing the stuff for textbooks. Teachers don't know/can't remember everything, textbooks help to teach without missing things.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its not teachers job to invent their ways of teaching material
books/textbooks are their "manual"

teachers have to follow their yearly program, that is their job
and it is goverment (ministry) that orders which program to follow

teacher has to obey it, and has to "transfer" their knowledge to student

but in which way, that is not carved in stone
many use e-books, text books as guide and/or manual

so you can't complain there
on college its even worse, nobody gives rats ass about you there
if you managed to understand or not
its up to you to pick up a book and learn

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quit crying. That's why dad left.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man. It's like I can't get away from whining teenagers no matter where I go. Goddamn.

Steam

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Man. It's like I can't get away from whining teenagers no matter where I go. Goddamn.

I am legitimately sorry about this, I was just really stressed and I wanted to vent it somewhere. that somewhere ended up here.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gistop, if I am understanding you correctly, then I don't know why these other people are being harsh to you. Not liking ballet because you want to concentrate on intellectual things is a good thing that should be encouraged. We need much more intellectuals in the world. It's strange because I would expect guys to be more interested in ballet because it makes their body really fit, and allows them to be near to and really touch lots of really fit girls. I think you should be applauded.

By the way, daTS, what you said can be considered trolling and cyber-bullying and can really hurt emotionally because some people can interpret it as serious; not realising that you are just joking and teasing.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, ViPr, dad really left because he wouldn't stop crying.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:
No, ViPr, dad really left because he wouldn't stop crying.

2 words: ztype Off.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So things that I've learned from this thread:
Education is important but in the long run it is more along the pointless side, as you usually don't retain the majority of the information...

and,

To go do something about my problems and that the internet is not the place... because some people here are assholes

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The moral of my story is, you don't take your personal life to the internet. The internet will make your bumhole bleed.

gistop, I was joking, obviously, and I'm not gonna fuck off, because like you, I was 14 once. I learned real quick not to come to PPM with personal problems.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You won't get any sympathy from me, gistop. It doesn't matter if you disagree with some of the things your teachers do.
It doesn't matter if you did one or two things that make you feel smarter than your peers.
The fact is, you have made yourself arrogant and unteachable.
Your job is to shut up and color. It doesn't matter how smart you are, you get your sh*t done, take it seriously, and stop complaining.
And I mean this with the utmost honesty.

TBH I wish someone told me all this when I was 14, because I was very similar. The world won't care what grade you learned algebra. It cares if you can follow directions and do your job

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, it's ok man, you're gunna be ok! Are you a girl or a guy, gitstop?

Well basically, you fought the law and it roundhoused kicked your ass. Yeah, unless you got family inheritance, you'll have to work your way up to the top in order to get moolah moolah $$$.

Now, since school isn't your forte, how about drugs? Or guns? Or escort services? Your gunna need connections though. Ask around, get acquainted with those people. The younger the better since cops can't charge you, we can always use a mule. As for escort, well, you gotta be knock-out gorgeous, and know how to dance, to wiggle it. AAAAAAND since you mentioned ballet.... Very Happy

Laughing Just kidding buddy. Or am I.....  Shocked Dealing weed on the side is great pocket change, and very low risk. Plus you get to smoke weed. It's win win muthafuckah!

You know what a cool job is? My job: Superintendant. Basically all you do is collect money and mingle with your people! I am their savior, allowing them to live in a premium spot, and I check em all, to make sure that they can pay up, and that they are cool enough to hang out with! They need something I got something. I feel the pain of my people, I fix that pain, and we all gain trust. I got 24 units and they all beautifully redone. Now we got cameras set up in the halls, and I have moved in excellent tenants, all students, all working, all co signed, all direct deposit or post dated checks, 1 year lease agreements - guaranteed money! You can even have pets! But you better FUCKEN pick up that dog shit, or I swear to god, yer out!

Anyways, just remember this the next time you're in a shitty fucken gay ass school:

THE ONLY REASON YOU ARE THERE IS TO ONE DAY MAKE MONEY. IT IS NOT FUN, IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FUN, AND IT IS MADE TO GET YOU READY FOR EVEN LESS FUN - WORK

School is the bane of our existence. It ain't an education system, it's an indoctrination system, one that the whole fucken world bends over for in one way or another. It's sickening, but quite genius. I gotta give the big 13 families that owns the world credit. Fucken brilliant take over, I'm too lazy for that shit. I mean these guys set up a fool proof system that takes in the newly born children away from the family unit (you're in school every fucken day, your in school waaaaay more than your out) and completely sets them up as slaves for hire.

Astor
Bundy
Collins
DuPont
Freeman
Kennedy
Li
Onassis
Reynolds
Rockefeller
Rothschild
Russel
Van Duyn
Merovingian  

ztype those guys, but holy CRAP what a good job they did. Basically no one can even imagine a different setup than the one we have now... well, the clock's ticking - get back to work fool! hehehe, you got alot of fucken homework to do as well, so get those pencils pushing, have fun spending a ridiculous amount of time earning a GAWD DAYUM PIECE OF PAPER.

And I'm sorry for your loss. You must have some kind of family connection though right? Some kind of job your parents or others can give yah a chance at? I started work at a construction yard, no paper work good exercise and money. But this new building manager job is wicked. WHY DO YOU THINK I HAVE SO MUCH ztyping FREE TIME ON MY HANDS? AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAA.

*sigh* I wanna bring everyone up to my level, but thats not gunna happen. Too many whiney ponies... XD

KIDDING! Kidding.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
First of all, don't listen to anything OrangeNero says as he is most likely the most immature one on here currently.

*looks at the post above this*

Say it again. I dare you to say it again.

=======================

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well....personally, what dats said and everything related about school and...well you can simplify all the advice here and say something like "try to balance it, when you grow up you'll learn when it's too much and you cross the border to be annoying".

about your teachers, you'll often in your life meet people you can't satisfy, be it either that you're a jackass, or they're jackasses, here too: balance is everything.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:

THE ONLY REASON YOU ARE THERE IS TO ONE DAY MAKE MONEY. IT IS NOT FUN, IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FUN, AND IT IS MADE TO GET YOU READY FOR EVEN LESS FUN - WORK

this sums it up
sadly and harsh, even worse in this modern age where people work double
if not tripple shifts for 3x less money

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can somebody just lock this topic? it's getting out of hand. quick.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like you didn't learn anything from what everybody's telling you, gistop.
You want the topic to be locked because you are unable to handle the truth, is that it?

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I just believe that at some point or another, somebody's gonna get mad and kind of rage and screw everything up. As for learnt stuff, I have talked to friends, reasoned with my teachers, and got in the top 25% out of everybody that did the IB test, allowing me to enter, (most likely, under the assumption 60 people haven't entered already),That life is hard and there is no way to get around that, and I have also learned that I probably shouldn't be jerk and bail out of things without any notice. But all in all, I just don't want to see a fight breakout and have it be my fault.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:

If you don't enjoy your job, you're doing it wrong. I have a career path that I enjoy greatly and I get paid well to do it. If you think work can't be fun, you've been taught wrong.

Steam

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:

If you don't enjoy your job, you're doing it wrong. I have a career path that I enjoy greatly and I get paid well to do it. If you think work can't be fun, you've been taught wrong.

Thank you, This is my motto... for.. umm... the future

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:

touche.

Though I like my job. I just gotta rent out one more unit then I got a full house going with everyone paying their rent and not breaking things, plus good looking girls that live there too! Soon, since everything is going so smoothly this year, plus with my own security camera system set up (16 of them, I got moniters in my apartment. XD. And yet I've never even caught anyone shooting up in the hallways or anything since the new tenants moved in and we got a new electronic door... no more bums in the hallway either), I might not have to lift a finger. Cool

Then I'll probably go back into construction while still maintaining my superintendant job

Superintendant= free rent and electricity, plus grocery/booze/drugs money.

Construction= way more money on top of superintendant, could possibly get a new car, get my legal fines paid (crashed my old one, almost killed a cop... oops), and have lots of spending money for bars, clubs etc.

The wheels are in motion. #Scatter

- - -

What I meant with the big ass text was - to a kid, it is not fun having to do anything other than playing. Unless you're like, really well trained even before school. Maybe you got whipped while you where younger or something. Or maybe just, you actually find a purpose in the whole indoctrination slave system? Maybe national pride or something?

I personally don't give a shit. As long as I got a couple drinks I'm alright.

*Chugs*

OK, NOW I'm ready to WORK!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:

If you don't enjoy your job, you're doing it wrong. ... If you think work can't be fun, you've been taught wrong.

OR you're living your dream and haven't lived the time
where people can't choose anymore what to work

FurryQueen wrote:

I have a career path that I enjoy greatly and I get paid well to do it.

lucky you then

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon