Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Unit Features
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Leonis
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject:  Unit Features
Subject description: Looking into the minds of the creators
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I enjoy this mod a lot. While playing, I've always wondered about some of the features involving units. Of course, most of the pondering came from playing Enhanced Mode.

These questions are in no way, shape, or form complaints, but curious inquiries.

For example, why does Nod Light Tank has a slot for infantry? Is there an actual strategic reason, or just for the sake of being different from the Allied version?

Some of the other questions I have up until the most recent version are as follows:

1. I feel the "delayed" damage of the Obelisk sometimes causes minimal damage on target. Would it be overpowered to have it do instant damage like it did?

2. I remember in RA, the Yak did two passes, but I guess the widespread shots in one concentrated blast allows it to deliver its full payload.

3. Was Hind not introduced to Soviets for balance reasons?

4. Nod has the Stealth APC; Allies have a build limit on Phase Transport.

5. In regards to Flamethrowers, I personally find the Soviet fireballs more accurate and more comrade (heh) friendly than the Nod counterpart. However, the elite weapon for Soviet flamer winds up being the widespread collateral damage like the Nod flamer.

6. Since the Microwave Tank is next to useless against most infantry, would it be possible for them to not attack infantry automatically unless directed to do so?

7. Is it possible for AIs to be smarter against Visceroids? I find it somewhat anticlimactic when and hard bot or an AI ally gets its CY destroyed because it doesn't have the common sense to kill it.

Hey! Once again, thanks for making this mod! It's been the best retro-C&C I've played in a long time.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod light tank with one passenger was already before the RA factions were added. It was back then to give this rather weak tank another strategic finesse and it still is quite useful. In addition was it fitting since the real life Bradley tank is also capable of carrying a few infantry. And now with the RA factions, it's indeed also making it more unique compared to the allied light tank.

1. The damage stream of the obelisk is just to make it a bit more interesting. This way it's even more powerful than a instant one hit obelisk laser, as it can spread the damage on multiple targets than only one.

2. RA allows the plane to shoot the 15 shots one by one in rapid succession, mostly leading to a single overrun strike, only sometimes for a minor secondary attack with the rest of about 2-3 shots.
TS engine takes one ammo per overrun attack (not multiple ammo, one for each shot like RA) and thus can't deliver the shots per ammo exactly like RA. Thus it's either 1 or 2 full overrun attacks with the TS engine, and 2 full attacks would be too much.

3. Since Soviets have the Yak, the Hind was found redundant.

4. fits to each side imo. For allies the Phase Transport is also more a unique/hero unit, thus the buildlimit.

5. I guess the elite weapon isn't yet final, thus using the same as the Nod flamethrower. Could be indeed another point for the next update.

6. good point, not sure if possible to implement. It could be changed so it does 0% damage on Armor=none units which are mostly infantry. This way it wouldn't autotarget those units, but if one unit fires on the Microwave tank, then it would retaliate and fire back, even if it does 0 damage.

7. unfortunately no, the AI doesn't sees Visceroids as a threat and only retaliates but not autotargets them.
There might be a workaround using a widespread particlesystem so units in a certain area are hit with very small damage and thus retaliate.

Thanks for your feedback Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Nod light tank with one passenger was already before the RA factions were added. It was back then to give this rather weak tank another strategic finesse and it still is quite useful. In addition was it fitting since the real life Bradley tank is also capable of carrying a few infantry. And now with the RA factions, it's indeed also making it more unique compared to the allied light tank.

There was also the reason that Nod would lack an early-game APC if the Light tank didn't have a passenger slot.

FYI, the Allied light tank is also faster and shoots more rapidly than the Nod one (at the cost of being more expensive).

Leonis
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your responses! Smile

I'm sure I'll post more in this thread in the future as I traverse through each map in the game.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
good point, not sure if possible to implement.

Wasn't 1% introduced for this? Or is it RA2 only?
Oooops... It seems it's RA2 only.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Leonis
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another side note, is it intentional that Allies can build more than one Chrono Tank by using up the existing tank's Chronoshift?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Leonis wrote:
Another side note, is it intentional that Allies can build more than one Chrono Tank by using up the existing tank's Chronoshift?

No, but it cannot be fixed. That's part of the reason why the Chrono Tank is as weak as it is.

Leonis
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is unrelated to units.

Is there a way to play LAN instead of connecting through CnCNet since I don't see that option anywhere?

I'm not exactly tech savvy enough for this. I figured if my mates are gonna be at the house, why connect through another venue?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can still start the normal game by renaming dta.dat into dta.exe and then select in the ingame menu the usual LAN option.
But this way you don't have any of the additional features the launcher is giving: selectable start locations, different hard AIs, different game modes, no nice map previews etc.

You would also have to set up the LAN first, so using cncnet via the launcher is surely much more comfortable.

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might write a LAN client sometime in the future. However, currently it has a very low priority.

Leonis
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
You can still start the normal game by renaming dta.dat into dta.exe and then select in the ingame menu the usual LAN option.
But this way you don't have any of the additional features the launcher is giving: selectable start locations, different hard AIs, different game modes, no nice map previews etc.

You would also have to set up the LAN first, so using cncnet via the launcher is surely much more comfortable.

Doesn't seem like a good tradeoff then. I'll keep using CnCNet.

^Rampastein wrote:
I might write a LAN client sometime in the future. However, currently it has a very low priority.

It's not a big issue here either. Thanks!

Captain_Cyrus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mentioned this in another forum under bugs, I noticed that on engineers can't capture enemy or neutral structures. Also there doesn't seem to be Transports for allies or soviets for crossing water only Chinooks? is that a future implement or ? thanks

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which Neutral structures? Of course you can't capture a church. Wink

TS engine has (unfortunately) no logic available to implement the ship vehicle transport.
The chinook (an aircraft carryall) is the only way to transport vehicles with the TS engine.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum