Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ares 0.7 Material Collection
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [239 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question about Passable, I'm wondering if it can be used as a way to make Bridge Units or does it just turn the resulting Building into as its implied. It'll turn into a "flat" version of the same tile and not change to a different tile type? (I.E: A Boat that can turn into a 2x2 Building which should function as a naval bridge)

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Essentially IsPassable= just makes the building just as it says, only passable. It doesn't change the Tile, and for sake of completeness I tried it as a bridge, boats pass, land vehicles can't.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh oh well.

At least we can now have properly working Mobile Land-Mines. #Tongue

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IsPassable is exactly that. It's Firestorm.Wall without Firestorm. Or IsLimpetMine from FS. It is not intended to be a) a bridge b) differentiating between foundation cells like number of passable rows c) a ToTile replacement d) the solution to the theory of everything e) enabling savegames f) ... z) a croissant.

Regarding BallisticScatter: Something tells me that it isn't BallisticScatter, neither custom nor global, but Inaccurate=yes. Quite fitting but ironic revelation: the ModEnc article on Inaccurrate is inaccurate. I'm on it...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about bringing back the ability for aircraft that are landable (or AirportBound=no) to be constructed regardless of whether the pads are used up and be flown in off map, like in TS?

Also units dropped by a carryall do nothing until ordered to. If theyre attacked they do not respond etc.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
How about bringing back the ability for aircraft that are landable (or AirportBound=no) to be constructed regardless of whether the pads are used up and be flown in off map, like in TS?

That would fix a hell of a lot bugs with my aircrafts ><

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

That would fix a hell of a lot bugs with my aircrafts ><

Yeah, that's actually really important for your mod.

ENIGMA_UA
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: How about bounty logic? Possible to correct Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about bounty logic? Possible to correct?
I consider it necessary

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Around mid-late June, my current uni semester finishes and only my part-time job will consume my time (tho IIRC at that time the local library gets an IT overhaul and I'm the librarian). I'll probably find time for it.

I consider these necessary.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After a long and eventless time, a new binary has arrived, bearing some new features and better stability.

Ares should not crash any more when starting a second match on Windows 8. It was a memory issue on all systems, but Win8 apparently handled it in a stricter manner, so this actually benefits all.

Also, Ares should not crash any more when using type selection on Windows 8. This again was a memory issue like the first one, and even if there were no crashes, this was definitely a leak. Actually, it was worse than that, but I'll spare you the details.

All new additions are related to sides, like making hardcoded settings and files customizable per side.

Graphical Text banner per side
[Side]GraphicalText.Image= (shp filename including extension, defaults to GRFXTXT.SHP)
The graphic file used as overlay to show whether a mission or match has been won or lost. The image is centered in the viewport.

[Side]GraphicalText.Palette= (pal filename including extension, defaults to GRFXTXT.PAL)
The palette the graphical text image uses. The banner is actually rendered in the theater's palette. This palette is used to find the best match for the colors in the theater pal.

The shp should have at least 4 frames, campaign won and lost, and multiplayer won and lost.

Side-specific score screen music themes
[Side]CampaignScore.UnderParTheme= (theme id, defaults to SCORE)
The theme playing for this side when a player finishes a campaign mission faster than the defined par time.

[Side]CampaignScore.OverParTheme= (theme id, defaults to SCORE)
The theme playing for this side when a player finishes a campaign mission slower than the defined par time.

[Side]MultiplayerScore.WinTheme= (theme id, defaults to SCORE)
The theme playing for this side when a player is victorious in a multiplayer match.

[Side]MultiplayerScore.LoseTheme= (theme id, defaults to SCORE)
The theme playing for this side when a player is defeated in a multiplayer match.

Customize the dialog background for each side
[Side]DialogBackground.Image= (shp filename, including extension)
The shp file used as background for dialog boxes for this side. Should be 452x326. Defaults to PUDLGBGA.SHP, PUDLGBGS.SHP, and PUDLGBGY.SHP for sides 1, 2 and all others respectively. Requires DialogBackground.Palette= to be set.

[Side]DialogBackground.Palette= (pal filename, including extension)
The palette used to draw the background of dialog boxes for this side. Defaults to DIALOG.PAL for sides 1 and 2, to DIALOG.PAL otherwise. Requires DialogBackground.Image= to be set.

Custom campaign loading screen music
[Basic]LoadingTheme= (theme id, defaults to LOADING)
The theme playing when loading this mission. Use "none" to disable the loading screen music.

Multiplayer loading screen theme customizable
[Side]LoadingTheme= (theme id, defaults to LOADING)
The theme playing for a player of this side while the multiplayer match is loading.

This should be tested for non-skirmish multiplayer matches, because it assumes the first Start Spot is always the Player on this computer.

---

One more thing I'd like to do is to work on the way the game treats civilians, which works differently in campaigns and in multiplayer games. Like how the game treats civilians wielding guns as enemies while being friends with all others, or the AI doing nothing when being attacked by a visceroid. I'd like to add some sort of tag like CivilianEnemy that makes units attack this unit instead. Actually, it should be smarter than just that, but you get the idea. Any thoughts about that? But please no requests for feature bloat.

Sneak Peak.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Custom campaign loading screen music
[Basic]LoadingTheme= (theme id, defaults to LOADING)
The theme playing when loading this mission. Use "none" to disable the loading screen music.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That batch of additions contains nothing but awesome.

AlexB wrote:

One more thing I'd like to do is to work on the way the game treats civilians, which works differently in campaigns and in multiplayer games. Like how the game treats civilians wielding guns as enemies while being friends with all others, or the AI doing nothing when being attacked by a visceroid. I'd like to add some sort of tag like CivilianEnemy that makes units attack this unit instead. Actually, it should be smarter than just that, but you get the idea. Any thoughts about that? But please no requests for feature bloat.

I think a flag that makes both AI and human player-owned units etc. consider certain neutral-owned units/other objects as enemies just like you proposed would work just fine, no need to complicate it any further.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I updated the binary again, because I was made aware of a crash. Thanks to Glukv48 for reporting this.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once again my 11 different sides thank you for more customization ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am very thankful for these addittions to Ares! Smile

I have tested these:

"MultiplayerScore.WinTheme=" Works, but it plays the Lose Theme!

"MultiplayerScore.LoseTheme=" Works, but it plays the Win Theme!

"GraphicalText.Image=" Works!

"GraphicalText.Palette=" Works!

That is from me! Thank you again, AlexB!

SCRN1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  446.45 KB
 Viewed:  5670 Time(s)

SCRN1.PNG

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So rad.  So fucking rad.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, nice work. Those two memory fixes sound pretty good too.

The CivilianEnemy tag would be very useful IMO. Neutral mobs on maps was always a cool idea that was really thwarted by the way they're treated. Would also be very useful for my zombie mode. #Tongue

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can confirm PillBox20's report that currently MultiplayerScore.WinTheme plays when you lose and MultiplayerScore.LoseTheme plays when you win.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Minor thing, will be fixed in the next one. Stupid error on my side. Source code plainly reads "if defeated: Win!"

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance for it to accept a list to randomly pick each time one from it if more than one listed?

LoadingTheme=TRACK1,TRACK2,TRACK3 ;I guess probably too much work/complicated but  Razz

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:

Any chance for it to accept a list to randomly pick each time one from it if more than one listed?

LoadingTheme=TRACK1,TRACK2,TRACK3 ;I guess probably too much work/complicated but  Razz

From a regular coding standpoint it wouldn't be too hard, but reverse engineering I have no clue.  It would just have to store the list as an array of strings and chose a random index.  It's quite easy if making that into an array is possible.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reading a string list and splitting it into various tokens is trivial, but then I couldn't use the original function which reads a tag and returns a single theme index. I could reimplement this function to take a list instead and to return a random item from it, but this is much more work than the few lines of code that it is right now.

Dasfonia
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Reading a string list and splitting it into various tokens is trivial, but then I couldn't use the original function which reads a tag and returns a single theme index. I could reimplement this function to take a list instead and to return a random item from it, but this is much more work than the few lines of code that it is right now.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be that easy.  'Tis a shame.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just think hearing same song every time on the loading tends to get repetitive so a list would keep it more fresh but obviously is more work as randomisation etc code needs to be made or adapted from something too so AlexB's call but I felt it appropriate to mention it now.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not hard, it's trivial; it just requires to do things manually (which requires more infrastructure code, and I'm glad I could do without it). The current solution works and it is simple, and I see no need to deep-dive into small features like this, considering it's a minor thing and the loading theme does play for less than 5% of the total game time.

Feature requests like this should go on the tracker at LaunchPad, where I sometimes pick some issues and implement them. I'm not too keen to implement something and then spend my time to change it right away with some optional stuff that could have been mentioned long ago already.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, is it possible to add a tag (or make it part of Malicious=no) that DOESN'T cause infantry and vehicles to move and scatter when hit?

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Oh, is it possible to add a tag (or make it part of Malicious=no) that DOESN'T cause infantry and vehicles to move and scatter when hit?

This reminds me of the Incoming= tag.
What does it actually do?

In addition, the TeamRetaliate=yes doesn't work well.
The main issue is that AIunit always changes target when attacked.
When a tank is attacked by a group of infantries, it will get "confused".
This may also happen in TS.

Last edited by RehteA on Fri May 09, 2014 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance that we could have a new teamtype option to reinforce by droppod now that the superweapon is back? Droppod=yes now indicates to reinforce by cargo plane IIRC.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt: Should be a new tag. I coded something, but I need to test it a bit more.

RehteA: ModEnc should have a description. This is the Ares 0.7 thread. Regarding TeamRetaliate: yes, it's known but I don't know how I can fix it. Maybe I'll leave that for later.

Blade: The TeamType option is completely unrelated to super weapons. At the moment, Ares does not expand TeamTypes, thus I can't easily add a new tag for this. There are some optiones that might be useful, like TeamRetaliate per TeamType, but that will have to wait.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something on my old requests...

ChargeBody Tag to go with ChargeTurret?

And UnloadingClass or a tag similar to be used when a Transport is unloading its passengers. As right now its only used on Harvesters when docked.

Adding a Audio Tag called HarvestSound to play whenever the oregath.shp is being animated. Possibly could have a Default and can be overridden when the tag is placed on that Harvester Unit. Maybe even add a Tag called IsHarvester to further distinguish the unit.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something about projectiles:
In fact,even the arcing projectiles has a little homing ability.  It will attach on target and deal full damage if the victim is caught in its small "homing radius"

It'll be nice to have a non-homing projectile type which just fly to target ground cell instead of try to follow target.(like spawned missile)
Inaccurate=yes seems to have this effect but it's bugged on arcing.
It may be better if we can have a tag on weapon to control this behavior.
For arcing:
How about Gravity setting?  Can this be customizable for each projecitle?
And one more:
Is it possible to make Level=yes work outside the water? Level=yes missiles are far more beautiful than those "climb high then fall into target" ones IMO.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RehteA wrote:

Is it possible to make Level=yes work outside the water? Level=yes missiles are far more beautiful than those "climb high then fall into target" ones IMO.

I totally agree! The missiles that go up and then hit are sooo.... one sighted. Maybe Level=yes, but also something that tells how high the projectile should go.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:

Maybe Level=yes, but also something that tells how high the projectile should go.

In fact the game can use different missile pattern depending on target distance. eg: The missile will directly fly to close target without climbing up.
It may be pertect if we can get control on this behavior.
eg.
DirectShotRange=  
When target is in this range, the missile will be directly shot at it with out climbing.
When target is beyond this range or at different elevation, just use normal missile pattern.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Country Statistics has a new set of modifiers like SpeedUnitsMult/SpeedInfantryMult. The old
fields of Armor, Cost, Airspeed, Groundspeed and BuildTime were made obsolete from both
Country Statistics and Difficulty Settings. Firepower works in Country Statistics but does not
work in Difficulty Settings. ROF and other fields were not affected by this.

Is it possible to extend the new system to Difficulty Settings as well. That is to make the new
fields like SpeedUnitsMult/ArmorDefensesMult to work under [Easy], [Normal] and [Difficult]
and enable Firepower also.

Edit: Updated on Firepower field.

Last edited by E1 Elite on Tue May 13, 2014 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What? What was this thing made for? This is a cut but not an addition. Please, get them back.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those tags in Easy, Normal and Hard do not affect the player in skirmish and never did, only the AI.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uhhhm, they do affect player. ROF does, at least, and it was nicely shown once by Speed, when his Mental difficulty's RA2-default ROF modifiers broke his AEs.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obsolete ones doesn't work at all, neither for human or AI in either Country Statistics or Difficulty
Settings. ROF was not affected by the new system, so it works just as it does in TS.

Developers have put the new system only for Country Statistics and left out Difficulty Settings.

Kik0u
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone, i'm new here, well... not really, i follow ppmsite since so so long time, and i have never make account.
Well i make one, because i have not understand how propose request in ares website, i request this here.

My request its for superweapon, i have not found "in the manual" where is it possible to bound superweapon for a country or owner.

i request thats :

Code:
SW.Owner=
SW.ForbiddenHouses=

For example, if Allies got Subvention from United States, if Soviet capture the bulding, Russian can't receive subvention from United States. U understand ...
Little example

Code:
[SWSUBVENTION] ; SW from Allied Tech Center
Money.Amount=2000 ; the subvention from the Pentagon
SW.AutoFire=yes ; blabla
SW.ManualFire=no ; and blah
SW.Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance ; All allies can receive thats subvention
SW.ForbiddenHouses=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry ; All ennemis can't receive thats.

Well, sorry my english not enough good, but i hope u have understand my logic.
It's just a request =)
My request sound good for me, but probably hard to make

And sorry, if i have put in the wrong section, i prefer not open a new topic for nothing...

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about give the ability to change sides.... say you are playing 3 v 3 and decide you want to change teams or go solo 1 v 2 v 3

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh? You can in Battle (or any mode without MustAlly=yes).

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome KikOu,
this has already been requested as SW.RequiredHouses and SW.ForbiddenHouses some time ago. Maybe it's not too much work. Aside from that, the request is fine.

Nikademis Von Hisson: No, really.

Next version will take some more time. With a release planned for next month I'm thinking about backporting some changes and create an official 0.6p1 with better Windows 8 support. But 0.7's release date is closer than the 0.6 release date, this might not be needed. Thoughts?

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
and create an official 0.6p1 with better Windows 8 support

Can't wait to see thi! I'm tired of crashes...

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Last edited by Parasite03 on Mon May 19, 2014 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kik0u
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks u AlexB for the explanation, thats exatly thats
Code:
SW.RequiredHouses and SW.ForbiddenHouses
Ares» Bugs» Bug #895090 (sw.requiredhouses-and-sw...

Reported by Marshall on 2008-09-22

oh... requested by Marshall since 2008 ...

btw, ares come to be so good.

A day, I hope to have time to put my mod "in progress" here...

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03: Mind that the 0.7 unstables have this already. I'd only do it if that's not enough, and it has to be 0.6 for whatever reason.

KikOu: Yes, many requests are quite old already for different reasons. Either no one had time to implement them, or nobody was interested in them. This one was voted out in a competition long ago, but if there's interest in it, I'll do it.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

KikOu and AlexB, I also asked this a few weeks ago. HERE.  But here the idea I like more.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be a simple check for owner country, not alternative SWs per country. That makes the issue way more complicated.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you implement support for more than two SW on the building, then there will be enough have the tag SW.RequiredCountries

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But I don't plan to do that? Nowhere did I say I would. I find it frustrating that minor requests get expanded with totally unrelated stuff. Simple solutions to simple problems. There are enough requests that are part of a bigger scheme, and I don't need more of them.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance you can allow naval=yes structures to be placed on land, letting waterbound determine whether or not it's a sea structure? I'm guessing that this is probably easier than the alternative (again guessing).

Alternatively, expand to BuiltAt logic to allow for multiple build queues. It seems silly to have a dog kennel that has to wait for conscripts to be trained at the barracks to build to dogs.

I specifically want this so I can replace the infantry structure for a faction in my mod with a drone factory. (Like azri's)

EDIT: On second though, this probably belongs else where since it doesn't really fit with the rest of the thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [239 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon