Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
Ares 0.7 Material Collection
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [239 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
About crates: I'd rather remake all that stuff because powerups system is messy and ztyped up.
There should be an expansion for it:
These should all be side-specific if made to be so.
1.Spawn custom or random units of any Type(or specific if given)
2. Give custom superweapons
3.Spawn any tiberium
4.Fill harvesters with ore? Actually, it would be nice to have like separate fuel crates appearing, Weeder=yes coolects them and dumps to make some missile. Would be nice IMO
5. Custom crate types(How crate looks, what can collect them, etc.)
And so on, so on, so on.

What exactly is messy and ztyped up about the powerups?

What do you mean with sidespecific? How should a global on the map spawned crate belong to Soviet or Allies? You want a logo on the crate? You want other houses not being able to pick them up if the crate isn't matching their house?
Doesn't sound like you thought-out that very well.

1. works. Use CrateGoodie=yes/no on the units. Oh and crate units only spawn for your house already. A soviet player can't get a prism tank as crate goodie.
2. has nothing to do with messy powerups, just an expansion of the powerups as a result of an Ares expansion.
3. I can even do this in TS. Any tiberium in any fieldsize, no problem to spawn via a crate. It's called modding.
4. fill with what? My gem collecting harv suddenly filled with ore? sounds stupid and rather useless. Weeder logic is something completely different.
5. Different crate images can be done. DTA has already different crates and that is in TS. Again called modding.

So far nothing groundbreaking new or really necessary i see there. Maybe hidden in the "so on, so on" but for that some more infos would be useful.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, about messiness:
1. You can't create more crates
2. You have a bunch of usused crates that default to mones
3. IsGrateGoodie gives you a random unit. What if I want the soviets always get HTNK or TTNK and have Russians always get only TTNK? Or what If I want a bunch of units like 3 E2s and 3 FLAKTs? Huh?
3. The main purpose of filling woth ore(any tiberium) is letting you suddenly get a buff like your harv goes tocollect ore and it gets filled with very expensive ore. For the weeder, it uses sture too. So filling it some radioactive stuff("weeds", actually it can be different stuff; i believe waste facilities can take absorbed units Very Happy) for a nuke to work.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crates are complex. I won't change anything regarding them for 0.7.

Note on ProjectileRange: I made a mistake and didn't convert the value to leptons. So, if you want 2 cells, you have to use a value of 512 for now.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That actually makes it pretty easy for a precise range, thanks for the reply.
EDIT: It still doesn't seem to be working, even at 1024 it still only splits on hit.
Drop Pod defaults are working perfectly as well.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
But just one question. Aa... what about the Bounty Logic? How is it going with it?

Missed the question in all these posts of feature requests (with most of them being useless).

I have a recent habit (a year old, maybe) of overloading myself with work. As the assistant headmaster in my uni stated on the other day "Graion is doing everything one can imagine" (like counting votes on our election last Sunday, organizing a promotion event as an amateur poet for the Hungarian Poetry Day at next Friday by spreading poems on the city's main square, working in the village's community centre 20 hours per week, doing uni {and atm heavily failing on a course of it}, doing diploma thesis, etc. etc.) I already get RL criticques for not parcipating in uni projects neither (I have no time to consume except some random 10-20 minutes every 2 day)

Back to your question, Bounty's code ended up broken during an update to 0.5 codebase and it seems I have to upgrade the working branch manually (which I decided to do that upon 0.6 codebase after that, because that turned out at late 0.5 dev process) which will gonna take some time.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for the answer! Smile Good day to you!

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW Ice would be a neat addition and would make arctic/snow maps much more fun.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ha-ha. No place there for the apocalypse. Imagine if the siege chopper lands on ice. What about the ships? Will there be a need for a new tag for IceCruisers to brake ice?

I think that it will be very cool, but also not that easy to imput.

Don't take me wrong, I like this idea. Smile

PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ice has been removed almost completely. Too difficult to bring back.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weren't you working on adding Veins? Ice could be simulated with a Veins clone.
It's just a growing Overlay with
WaterBound=yes ;grow only on water
Land=Ice ;make it passable
Wall=yes ;make it destroyable and have damagestages
;Crushable=yes ;if this could be restricted to VehicleTypes with SpeedType=float only, then you have your IceBreaker as well
e.g.
CrushableBySpeedType=float
CrushableByWeight=3.0 ;anything above this will crush it (so heavy vehicles will break through)

Maybe when/if you add Veins, you could keep the above mentioned possibility open to be implemented.

But then again, a lot of the cool changing environment features of TS are missing in RA2 and adding only the ice might not be worth it.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Oh and crate units only spawn for your house already. A soviet player can't get a prism tank as crate goodie.

Is this true? From what I know in YR or even normal RA2 I can often get a Battle Fortress as Yuri or Soviet, or a V3 as Allied or Yuri...

By the way since people are talking about Splits and ProjectileRange, I just think one more thing could be usefull here;
A option to make it split after a X number of frames.
Something like that would be useful if someone might want to use Splits on something like Anti-Aircraft or on helicopter weapons, where in some cases the projectiles might not travel many cells before reaching the target.
Just a example to explain better what I mean:
If Projectile Range is 5, but frame time is to 10, it will split when its both beyond 5 cells, and 10 frames have passed.
Like this if Projectile range was 0, but frame time was 5, it would always split after 5 frames, and if frame time was 0 but projectile range was 6, it would always split after 6 cells.

Just leaving idea, don't know if this is any new or useful/needed.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agent Z wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Oh and crate units only spawn for your house already. A soviet player can't get a prism tank as crate goodie.

Is this true?

No.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Range also takes height into account, a short range AA weapon wont be able to hit a high altitude aircraft etc. So an AA splits weapon should work without the need for new tags.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ice is more like growing overlay. It affects pathfinding, which changes when it grows or breaks. It can connect previously unconnected areas. TS implemented it as a dedicated algorithm not related to Tiberium or veins. It had (past. it's gone.) a list of timers that made cracked ice become solid again, as well as many more functions to actually break the ice and update the pathfinding.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bumping double post for a new binary!

ProjectileRange should work now, it's not leptons any more, but cells. That means you can use value like for CellSpread, Range, MinimumRange.

Customizable campaign and multiplayer score screens
The campaign score screen consists of four elements, a background, a transition piece, an animation, and a palette file for all three.

[Side]CampaignScore.Background= (shp filename, including extension)
A 632x568 image used as the background. Uses the palette defined as CampaignScore.Palette. Defaults to ASCRBKMD.SHP, SSCRBKMD.SHP or SYCRBKMD.SHP for sides 1, 2 and all others respectively.

[Side]CampaignScore.Transition= (shp filename, including extension)
An image used as a transition from the looping animation to the statc background image. Played backwards for the opposite case. Uses the palette defined as CampaignScore.Palette. Defaults to ASCRTMD.SHP, SSCRTMD.SHP or SYCRTMD.SHP for sides 1, 2 and all others respectively.

[Side]CampaignScore.Animation= (shp filename, including extension)
An image played as a loop after the introductory transition until the dialog is closed. The exact looping point is not known. Uses the palette defined as CampaignScore.Palette. Defaults to ASCRAMD.SHP, SSCRAMD.SHP or SYCRAMD.SHP for sides 1, 2 and all others respectively.

[Side]CampaignScore.Palette= (pal filename, including extension)
The palette to draw all animations on the campaign score screen. Defaults to ASCORE.PAL, SSCORE.PAL or YSCORE.PAL for sides 1, 2 and all others respectively.

The multiplayer score screen consists of a background drawn with a special palette, and ten pcx bar images.

[Side]MultiplayerScore.Background= (shp filename, including extension)
A 632x568 image used as the background. Uses the palette defined as CampaignScore.Palette. Defaults to MPASCRNL.SHP, MPSSCRNL.SHP or MPYSCRNL.SHP for sides 1, 2 and all others respectively.

[Side]MultiplayerScore.Palette= (pal filename, including extension)
The palette to draw the bckground of the multiplay score screen. Defaults to MPASCRN.PAL, MPSSCRN.PAL or MPYSCRN.PAL for sides 1, 2 and all others respectively.

[Side]MultiplayerScore.Bars= (pcx filename, including extension)
The filename used as a pattern for the ten bars of 440x36 on the multiplayer score screen, two captions and up to eight players. Can contain ~~, which are replaced with a number from 01 to 10. Defaults to mpascrnlbar~~.pcx, mpsscrnlbar~~.pcx or mpyscrnlbar~~.pcx for sides 1, 2 and all others respectively.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, my quick test trying projectilerange on split weapon still yields no result making the midair split unfortunately.

It is supposed to go to the launching weapon right like FS ?

Confused  You haven't by chance have it apply to the airburstweapon mistakenly instead of launcher weapon Alex?

Code:

[SplitLauncher]
Damage=1
ROF=50
Range=13
Projectile=LauncherProj
Speed=50
Warhead=HE
Report=SeawolfAttack
ProjectileRange=2 ;gah..this should work but alas...

[LauncherProj]
Cluster=10
AA=yes
AG=yes
Splits=yes
ROT=100
AirburstWeapon=MissileSplits
RetargetAccuracy=1%
Image=DRAGON
SubjectToCliffs=no
SubjectToElevation=no
SubjectToWalls=no
ProjectileRange=2 ;doesnt work here either...

[MissileSplits]
Damage=45
ROF=6
Range=15
Projectile=SplitSeeker
Speed=100
Warhead=HE
Report=SeawolfAttack

[SplitSeeker]
High=yes
Shadow=no
Ranged=yes
AA=yes
AG=yes
Image=DRAGON
ROT=100
Acceleration=10

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ProjectileRange= goes on the weapon. I think you are missing Ranged=yes on the first missile stage's Projectile, LauncherProj. That should be enough to make the projectile split properly.

edit: When I find the time, I'll update the ModEnc pages regarding this. I encourage you all to put knowledge there. Edit the bugs out, correct typos, replace DeeZire definitions with new stylish pages. It could help others to look up the meaning of certain tags or of whole features.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
I think you are missing Ranged=yes on the first missile stage's Projectile, LauncherProj. That should be enough to make the projectile split properly.
Confirmed. Ranged=yes lets the weapon split mid-flight.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can confirm the MultiplayerScore tags are working. I'm going to put it to good use with D-day's 11 different sides #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thus basicly Ranged=yes now works globally, before it did jack all nothing, very useful potential...

Edit: HunterSeeker also working fine.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MultiplayerScore.Background= and MultiplayerScore.Palette= work.

I got Alled score screen when I played with the Soviets.

That is from me.

P.S. It would be cool if we can change the music too.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have a typo there. You said that MultiplayerScore.Background= uses palette from SingleplayerScore.Background= but cool otherwise!

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The fixed splits logic is extremely interesting. Works on ballistic weapons, as well as missiles. Could be quite visually impressive if custom FlakScatter was possible.
Code:

[227mmRocket]
ProjectileRange=15 ;weapon range is 18

[Rocket227mm]
Image=MISLSAM
Arcing=true
SubjectToElevation=yes
Inaccurate=yes
FlakScatter=yes
Arm=12
Ranged=yes
Elasticity=0
Bouncy=yes
Airburst=yes
Cluster=8
AirburstWeapon=Dragon ;anti-tank submunition
RetargetAccuracy=0.1
Splits=yes

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, guys. Looks like finally things fall into place nicely...

The copy and paste error will be fixed in the docs, thanks.

PillBox20 wrote:
P.S. It would be cool if we can change the music too.
I so knew this would happen. With this expansion request at this day.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that vehicle storm reminds me of a whimsy with magnetrons being able to launch their prey,  pretty much like HL2/Portal Gravity Guns.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

P.S. How to make those fancy gif animations that show some game action?

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make a short video, then convert it to GIF. I use aTube Catcher for both of the actions.

AlexB wrote:
I so knew this would happen. With this expansion request at this day.

Am I so predictable?  Very Happy

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
Could be quite visually impressive if custom FlakScatter was possible.

I've done this work.

For Alex:

To get customized FlakScatter, add ScatterRadius field in BulletTypeExt's definition, set its initial value as RulesClass::Instance->BallisticScatter and use this hook:

DEFINE_HOOK(6FE6FF, Bullet_ScatterRadius, 6) {
   GET_STACK(BulletClass *, pBullet, 0x3C);
   BulletTypeExt::ExtData *pExt = BulletTypeExt::ExtMap.Find(pBullet->Type);
   R->EAX(pExt->ScatterRadius);
   return 0x6FE705;
}

This radius is calculated in leptons, hope this information can be helpful for you.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Being able to set BallisticScatter on indavidual weapons would be epic.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for going off-topic. But. Can Ranged or ProjectileRage to be used to fix  over-stretching beam bug? It happens when attacked victim runs away from attacker.

disruptorbug.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  397.41 KB
 Viewed:  7133 Time(s)

disruptorbug.png

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inviso=yes projectiles skip most of the projectile stuff and just detonate at the target, so i don't think it's related in any way at all. More likely it's the beam itself that's faulty.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about support CnCnet5 in Ares?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank god someone mentioned it. #Tongue

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Three days of silence. How comfortable. As some have already noticed, there's a new binary that fixes stuff, and some new tags that enable the old stuff again, because both ways can be useful.

Customizable target area for Splits and Airburst
[Projectile]AroundTarget= (boolean, defaults to Splits)
Whether a projectile with Splits=yes or Airburst=yes should use the area around the original target to look for new targets for each cluster. If enabled, the clusters will continue their way to the originally intended target. Otherwise, the clusters will use the area where the projectile split up.
The default is what TS did.

BallisticScatter for Projectiles
[Projectile]BallisticScatter.Min= (float - cell range, defaults to [CombatDamage]BallisticScatter / 2 if FlakScatter=no or Invisible=yes, to 0 otherwise)
The minimum range in cells a projectile can scatter. Requires Inaccurate=yes and Arcing=yes.

[Projectile]BallisticScatter.Max= (float - cell range, defaults to [CombatDamage]BallisticScatter)
The maximum range in cells a projectile can scatter. Requires Inaccurate=yes and Arcing=yes.

There is one more place BallisticScatter is used. This one is not hooked yet and still scatters from 0 to 2*BallisticScatter for FlakScatter=yes Inviso=yes (both) projectiles.

EVA-251: Neither FlakScatter nor BallisticScatter are considered for Splits. Or do you mean the 7x7 target area for Splits=yes projectiles?

secondwtq: Thanks for providing the code. I couldn't use it like that and had to come up with my own, because with two tags it's much more flexible and there was more than one location that needed to be hooked for this anyhow.

Gangster: That sounds like a completely different issue.

Glukv48: I don't like to commit to something I have no idea where it is heading, what it is requiring and how often it will need to be updated. Tying Ares 0.x to a specific CnCNet version does not sound like a good idea to me, because it entangles two things without need. A new dll for this might be better. It wouldn't have to wait for Ares releases, would contain everything needed for CnCNet and it would have independent versioning.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
A new dll for this might be better. It wouldn't have to wait for Ares releases, would contain everything needed for CnCNet and it would have independent versioning.

Yes. I fully support you in this. Here it is necessary to organize contacts and collaboration with Iran and HiFi (Someone should take the first cooperation.) To create an software interaction.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The inaccurate arcing projectile doesn't scatter around originals target point. It scatters around a point in front of the target. You can just set BallisticScatter=0 and see the result.
Is there anyway to change this?
Inaccutate Inviso projectile doesn't have this problem.

Last edited by RehteA on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex, I meant the actual projectiles that split. In my sample image, the artillery rockets.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very useful adds...but I have an request and this has come up before I recall in forums but added blueprint now tho.

I have an damaging shield generator field using simple anim damage but it looks dumb that it won't damage the air units within its radius so some warhead control for special cases to affect air layers using cellspread would be most useful.

Also AttachEffect.Powered= for buildings would fix one bug for me #Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay for BallisticScatter, now infantry grenades don't have to be thrown like battleship shells ^_^

Edit: Can confirm what RehteA said, Inaccurate weapons without a CellSpread don't work. CellSpread needs to be 0.5 or higher for it to reliably do any damage. 0.2 worked but only when the target was moving & it got a lucky shot etc.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RehteA: I'll look into it. The logic is more complex than what i described. If the target is moving, the targeting is different. If the target is in air, the bullet will detonate when close.

EVA-251: That should work. The initial missile stage does support scatter.

ApolloTD: I'll see whether I can come up with something.

MigEater: Isn't that exactly what one would expect? A non-CellSpread weapon damages a point, not an area. if it's Inaccurate, it might not hit the target, thus can't damage it.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
I have an damaging shield generator field using simple anim damage but it looks dumb that it won't damage the air units within its radius so some warhead control for special cases to affect air layers using cellspread would be most useful.

AlexB wrote:

What do you think about CellSpread=Custom ?
for example:
CellSpread=Custom
CellSpread.Type=Cylinder      (Possible values: Sphere, Cylinder, Cube)
CellSpread.XYZ=3,20.1,3       (Deformation shapes)

Damage will be distributed Cylinder radius of 3 and a height of 20. I would be interested in such a possibility. But I suspect that this will be a complex job.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glukv48 wrote:
ApolloTD wrote:

AlexB wrote:

What do you think about CellSpread=Custom ?
for example:
CellSpread=Custom
CellSpread.Type=Cylinder      (Possible values: Sphere, Cylinder, Cube)
CellSpread.XYZ=3,20.1,3       (Deformation shapes)

Damage will be distributed Cylinder radius of 3 and a height of 20. I would be interested in such a possibility. But I suspect that this will be a complex job.

some what interesting idea, but i cant think of a weapon that would need a different shape except a tornado and that would have to move a few cells

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A flat cellspread is desperately needed IMO. #Tongue

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No overly complex solution for simple problems, but we could talk about a tag that defines the height above which aircraft is affected (or something like that).

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to have the opportunity to do damage to the cylindrical shape. For the ion gun. I want to have a radius of 3 and a height of 20. In fact, it is a trifle for me, but I would be happy if it was possible.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to chime in, thinking of "bullet hell" effects and if they would be possible in some ways? Or projectile slowing effects?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure we need entire new custom shapes for cellspread that badly, just something like Warhead.Height= combined with cellspread is sufficient.
Alternatively augment Cellspread like CellSpread=5,20 where first value is normal and second is height, if height not given defaults to normal.

Some example values would be good to show how to achieve C&C  Generals like behaviour where air is equally far affected as per surface cellspread.

'bullet hell' I presume you want lots of tracer lines and such? linetrailers are only viable for it along projectile lines and fast flying speeds but else there isn't much good ways unless Ares provides some new
Multiple firing offset system (multiple sources) to burst weapons from in turns.
Slowing projectiles would slow down damage dealing so the target may escape much easier the bullet rain however while achieving visual so that may not be best idea.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
MigEater: Isn't that exactly what one would expect?

Setting BallisticScatter.Min/Max=0 makes it always hit the same point/unit but it wont do any damage unless the weapon also has a CellSpread. I'm not really complaining about this as you can just use a low CellSpread to fix it, just thought it might be worth mentioning in the documentation etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [239 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon