Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Total Annihilation Zero
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject:  Total Annihilation Zero Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Total Annihilation Zero by Vohvelieläin

Introduction

Total Annihilation Zero is a full-fledged modification of the classic strategy game Total Annihilation and aims to recreate the entire game to the maximum extent and quality that is currently possible. In addition to completely redesigned versions of the two factions from the original game, the Arm and the Core, TA Zero introduces a third faction, the Guardians of Kadesh. All three factions are stylistically and strategically unique and crafted to the highest standards that can be achieved within the Total Annihilation engine. The game is a work-in-progress with preview versions regularly released to the public as development milestones are reached. There's no telling what the final version will hold in store, but you can continue on to the Features section to learn more about what is currently available in TA Zero.

Compared to the original Total Annihilation the gameplay shifted from "macro" oriented gameplay to "micro" oriented one (do not be afraid, there still is a lot of macro involved). Every unit has to be microed differently and the terrain plays a prominent role. For example most units benefit from a high ground advantage. The game in general is more tactical and positional but still fast paced. Soft counters play a major role, while still having some hard counter units. Therefore it has a lot of aspect from other RTS games like Starcraft Broodwar or C&C mixed with the streaming-resource system, which allows you to queue production. In addition the TA engine allows you to dodge projectiles, which leads to very interesting and satisfying encounters. Although being based on a outdated engine, the visual aspects were increased (new very detailed models and handmade textures with a distinctive theme for each faction) and the controls/gui are on par with modern RTS games. A more detailed feature list can be found here: http://zero.tauniverse.com/features/. The map design is unique and beautiful. Most maps feature ground, air and naval battles and therefore lead to a very varied game with lots of different units and play styles.

You can check out some of the maps here:
Implemented Maps
Community maps

One example from the community mappack:

To get an impression of the gameplay you can check out my youtube channel:

TaShadan Total Annihilation Youtube Channel

One example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfoJnzt2DQ8&list=UUIGJ_Jt1C7W0MU5RHn2h10w

You can download the standalone test version here:

TA Zero Standalone Test Version

Compared to the released version on the homepage this version features a lot of new units, bug fixes and balance changes.
Just download, extract and enjoy!

To pay tribute to the original Total Annihilation you can bug the game on gog.com:

Total Annihilation Commander Pack

You like what you see?

Come and play on Gameranger!

Official Gameranger Site

You tried to play but you are having trouble learning the basics? Check out this Beginners guide!

Total Annihilation Zero Beginners Guide

I hope i play you soon on Gameranger!

Greetings

ash.TaShadan

Last edited by TaShadan on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So. um... do you need to have TA?

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can ignor me if you want, but this looks too much like Starcraft Broodwar.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never been good at grand strategy games that emphasize macro intensive gameplay, but this really makes the old game look so great. Kudos to you, you might have a potential new player to such an old, legendary game.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:

I guess you have never played Total Annihilation then. It's very different to StarCraft.

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:

I played scbw for nearly 10 years and i played Total Annihilation + Total Annihilation Zero for quite a while now and i can assure you the games are very different.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh hey, TaShadan. I see you've brought TA Zero with you, as well! (It's a great mod, guys)

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx, i can not take the credit for creating the mod though. I am just a supporter/mapper and balance tester.
Do i know you?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TaShadan wrote:
Thx, i can not take the credit for creating the mod though. I am just a supporter/mapper and balance tester.
Do i know you?

I was on the TA forums where this mod originated from. I believe we did chat for a short while on the forums. I rewrote some of the original TA Core and Arm backstory for the mod, not sure if it was used or not (Guess I should ask Vohvelielain, the mod creator).

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. You should get gameranger and play some :p Voh is online on Gameranger frequently.

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just use TA music or fan remixes/mod music. Many C&C and StarCraft videos do it.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait what?

Why is ARM red, and CORE blue? What is this madness?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RatsInTheWalls wrote:
Wait what?

Hahahaha x)

Well, the faction color does change according to whom you're playing as in the Campaign.

But yeah, technically, the canon campaign is Arm's, and the renders show Arm in blue and Core without color, while the CGI scenes shows Arm as being blue and Core as red.

The reason why Arm is red and core blue is because of the faction design. Core is a blueish grey and is rounded, something which fits better with blue team color, whereas Arm is square-ish, militaristic in design and rebellious - A design and philosophy that's better represented by red. Democrats are in charge, they're blue, while republicans are red. Rebels are red and Imperial bad guys are blue (Republic, good guys, are red and blocky with clones as troops, while Confederacy, bad guys, are blue and rounded, with intelligent robots as troops). It's just more modern, more recognizable that way.

And third faction is alien-ish, like the Aeon. Usually the third faction gets an alien color, like green or purple. In this case, they're not white or grey, so purple just fit best.

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RatsInTheWalls wrote:
Wait what?

Heresy :p

As Alex explained it fits better to the faction design of Zero.

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the mod look amazing! but do i need TA and all expansion in order to play this?

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a standalone version available.

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Major update of post #1!

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not to be that guy, but you're coming close to spamming here, and there's no real engagement.

Personally I was excited when TA came out, looked pretty, was modern and all that, but the viewpoint was terrible for seeing units and it really wasn't until TA:Kingdoms that I enjoyed playing that engine.

Still the work you put in does look nice Smile

TaShadan
Medic

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you even check out my channel? Zero is different to the original TA and has lots of improvements. Zero is even better than Kingdoms, graphically and features/UI wise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon