Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mole Miner
Moderators: freedom fighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject:  Mole Miner
Subject description: "Minin' ain't for sissies!"
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Type: Mining vehicle
Equipment: Drill
Armour Class: Medium
Speed: Slow
Cost: $1400
Purpose: Resource collection
Requires: Vehicle Plant, Smelter

Expanding on the subterranean transport idea that eventually lead to the creation of the Worm APC, the Chimera has incorporated subterranean movement for their miners as well. The Mole sports a huge drill which it uses to burrow underground. However, it is used more as a defensive measure rather than as it's primary form of movement. It drives towards ore patches normally. Once it has collected ore, it returns to the Smelter via underground movement. This allows it to make a hasty retreat once it is done mining. It should be noted though that it is unarmed and it's carrying capacity is somewhere between that of a Chrono Miner and a War Miner.

credit: Lefthand

EDIT: New voxel

Last edited by freedom fighter on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:49 am; edited 3 times in total

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love the design hate the contaner.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah the rest is nice. The thing I really thought is that it isn't streamlined enough to tunnel through the earth, especially with such a small drill.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this one! I never ever found proper model for subterrain miner.
And yes, container should be as in Allied and Soviet one, whole size at back of vehicle, not just one sided.
About Drill, well not bad at all, I like it, maybe little bigger should be but its okay.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

And yes, container should be as in Allied and Soviet one, whole size at back of vehicle, not just one sided.

Actually, the vehicle is perfect (drill might be bigger though). The container is just undefined.

The weird vehicle shape is actually very imaginative and original.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:

The weird vehicle shape is actually very imaginative and original.

Yes but would you recognize it as miner at first look?
If he shown screenshot of it without saying that it is Miner, I would consider at as APC because both have similiar shape.
Well yes, logically, I understand that shape, it should have such shape because of his nature and because it has drill on front, but still they are very close and similiar.
I did not say that vehicle looks bad, its very well and I like it.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

Yes but would you recognize it as miner at first look?

I would have. The container kind of gives it away. I don't really think APC's would have it that way.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well if we're going by general assumptions and conventionals... As in RA2 Ore Containers on Vehicles usually are those large rectangular ones. Usually painted in GDI/Yuri Brown.

So yeah it does look like a miner... just the drill in front seems too tiny for it to burrow with.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated voxel

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this one!
But how is your mole miner working? Does it have bug which subterrain miners usually have or you fixed it somehow?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Almost similar to Chrono Miner I'm assuming... drives to location then tunnels to drive back.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I had a subterranean miner, it had bug as always, sometimes it refuses to came back after it traveled underground far from base to to dig ore. You had manually to order him to back to refinery.
And it did not behave like this to drive normally and drive back underground when coming back to base. It's movement simply behaved like any subterranean vehicle.
How can I set him to drive back underground to refinery?

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does any one know where this voxel is? I could have swore i've seen it some where.

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not exactly but it seems to be either inspired by or an edit of this.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, I think that's what i seen. Thanks

4StarGeneral wrote:

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't help it but the quote..just made me think of this..

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Underminer wrote:
BEHOLD, THE UNDERMINER!  I AM ALWAYS BENEATH YOU,
BUT NOTHING IS BENEATH ME!

I HEREBY DECLARE WAR ON PEACE AND HAPPINESS, SOON ALL WILL TREMBLE BEFORE ME!

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol Laughing

4StarGeneral wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon