Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CCCIII: Communists of the Caribbean [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject:  CCCIII: Communists of the Caribbean [2]
Subject description: LordCesare's entry: 8th Place
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCCIII: Communists of the Caribbean [2]
LordCesare's entry: 8th Place

Please excuse the lighting in the screenshot, it is a fault of the Map Renderer

Detail: Not bad, but not great. Since most of the map consists of water, there isn't much that could have been done in terms of detail. The shores were blocky on most of the islands, but the larger one is nicely detailed. There isn't much else to say here really.

5/10

Layout: As far as island map layouts go, there isn't much you can do, this map is an example of that unfortunately. While there is good tech structure placement, the map doesn't really offer many tactical opportunties. Not to say that it's bad, but rather that much more could have been done.

4/10

Lighting: The lighting is relatively nice, though the light posts are very vibrant.

6/10

Gameplay: Whilst this map would probably be much more effective online, it doesn't play very well as a Skirmish map. The very short space to build causes the AI problems and of course there isn't many ways for them to attack (obviously), however, I have always said that there should be more maps like this available for online Naval Wars, so it could work very well for that.

5/10

Triggers/Effects: A very nice array of Aircraft triggers add something special to this map. If there were some additional sound effect triggers, ambient sounds, a day and night loop perhaps, you would have scored the perfect 10. However, I liked what was there.

7/10

Overall - 27/50

I don't have much else to say with this map. Blocky shores, vibrant light posts and lack of a more interesting layout hurt your score the most, never-the-less, you still scored over 25.

ComunistsoftheCarribean2.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ComunistsoftheCarribean2.rar
 Filesize:  86.4 KB
 Downloaded:  929 Time(s)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my opinion this map would have deserved the last place. For all I know, the islands look like they were made using AutoShore, and the lighting is all but horrific. At least the lunar map had a nice, varying landscape.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon