Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mission Three - Yuri Campaign
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject:  Mission Three - Yuri Campaign Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After moving house and getting a new computer, I was in the mood for some more mapping and threw this together. Mission 3 for the Yuri Campaign I began quite a while ago. The mission starts you off with two V3 Launchers which you must use to destroy the Soviet perimeter. After you do so you will receive some reinforcements which include an MCV. Once you get up and running, destroy the Soviet "factories" (barracks, war factories, con yards).

Soviet Perimeter Defenses
Soviet Base 1
Soviet Base 2
...Soviet Base 3 I won't show you...
Smaller Annoyances

The ZIP file also contains a few bug fixes for the previous two missions.

YuriCampaign.zip
 Description:
Updated

Download
 Filename:  YuriCampaign.zip
 Filesize:  2.32 MB
 Downloaded:  1597 Time(s)

Last edited by ARustySpoon on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah this looks delicious, I'll have to give it a go and share my thoughts on it as soon as possible.

(You're making me want to continue my RA2 campaign...)

Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why does Soviet Base 2 have Nighthawk transports??? Did the Allied ally with the Soviets now?

ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Allies and Soviets are still enemies in this campaign. The next mission will have them both fighting each other in Washington DC. The Nighthawk Transports were to go along with something which I later removed from the map, although I just left them in there for realism.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have the player as a ThirdSide country, are you sure mission progression works correctly when played from the Soviet campaign without any adjustments to mapselmd.ini? If you haven't tested it, you should. My own extensive tests on this required considerable adjustment to mapselmd.ini to make progression work for single player maps when the player is ThirdSide.

ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is a battlemd.ini file needed too? I tested it with only a mapselmd.ini file and it continued onwards to the second mission without problems.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

battlemd.ini and mapselmd.ini are already in the game in ra2md.mix>localmd.mix IIRC, what I was asking is if you tested that the missions progress without making changes to mapselmd.ini since you don't include that file in your zip.
From the files you included battlemd.ini would not need to be modified to play from the soviet button in game, all battlemd.ini does it set which mission is the first in a progression.
I was only able to make ThirdSide missions progress by creating a new progression in mapselmd.ini for [ThirdSide] using the [Nod] and [GDI] progressions as templates (they control soviet and allied progression respectively).

ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Blade. I adjusted the mapselmd.ini file, tested it and added it to the zip file which has now been uploaded.

apocalypsetank123
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ARustySpoon: Your campaign is very hard. Perfect.Very Happy
but, mission 3 is error. When I destroy Demolition Truck, Soviet outpost has been destroyed and... game is out (error)

moreover, Master Mind in Mission 2 cannot mind control enemy tank => I'm loser Sad(

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon