Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberium Essence Beta 1.5 is now available.
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject:  Tiberium Essence Beta 1.5 is now available.
Subject description: It's now available.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's Carnius words on it:

Quote:
Welcome back Commanders!
The title says it all. After so very long time I decided to finally release v1.5. It´s beta because there is still a lot of things to improve and fix, but that always was and probably always will be. with project like this it can go on and on - change things, add new stuff, fix stuff and then all over again. One day you just need to stop and show to public what has been done so far and what happens happens.
But mostly what I have wanted to do with this mod is done. Everything looks better than in previous version, its closer to tiberium sun in many ways and all units and support powers is on right places where they work at best. But of course every new thing opens ways for new problems that need to be dealt with, which I am looking forward to fix once I get feedback from you.

Version 1.5 credits and thanks:

Credits:
Carnius - all art, coding, misc sounds and new maps
Vlado32 - New music tracks, new menu music

Smallchange, playmsbk, Starfox100 - runnig community staff, videos, maps and support for other fans
GuNsHiP_MK_II - particle effects help
White_Wolf - help with text, Intel DB
AtlasTasume
*if i forget on someone please do not get mad and tell me Wink

Version 1.5 whats new:

Worlbuilder:
Worlbuilder asset has been expanded with tiberian sun themed props and other stuff.
New textures added - snow themed and some edited red zone textures recolored to Tiberian Sun temperate theme.

New Maps:
This time TE also includes new maps with new stuff and textures.
Maps are done by myself and are part of mod so you can find them under official maps tab.
TE Dueling Islands - remake from TS:Firestorm for skirmish / multiplayer
TE Dueling Islands Classic - contains hostile mutant units
TE Frozen river - testing new snow theme
TE Tiberium wasteland - skirmish/multiplayer map for 4 players

Changes:
There has been some necessary changes that might be not welcome by everyone, but believe me everything has been well think trough. There is propper readme including all the changes, but here is some important changes highlighted.

Global:
Build times are unit/building specific, no longer means 100 credist = 1 second, just testing if we can balance things other way than by price. Also it makes game little bit slower
Every faction has now exactly 8 support powers including new support powers which means some old support powers was cut off. idea is to keep support powers low but still interesting and usefull.
Price of power plant and its upgrade is defined by power production output and power plant upgrades no longer requires tech 3 structure. Requirements is now faction specific.
Juggernout, Tripod and Avatar no longer spawn capturable husk when destroyed. It cause some disbalance in game we need to remove. Capturable husks remain only in certain campaign mission and in World Builder asset.

GDI:
Rig and original Commando removed from productin tab, but not from campaign missions and worldbuilder.
New support power - Terraforming torpedo - its similar to catalist missile which was cut off from nod.
I think this support power fit to GDI better, it reflect GDI fight against tiberium and is nice conclusion to the end of TS:Firestorm campaign when GDI captured tacitus and transcript its secrets (forget what you know from Kanes Wrath, GDI is more than capable of doing so as the final video from firestorm prove).
Add new support power - Veteran trainning - you can upgade several vehicles to veterans. Do not stack.
Bombing run orcas are weaker so watch out for AA defence.
Falcon is now your dedicated stealth detector
Wolverine lost stelth detection but does splash damage to deal with infantry better than anything in your arsenal
Dropship Command renamed to Orbital Deployment Centre - it suits better
Call for transport ability requires Orbital Deployment Centre and is available for any GDI combat unit. Summoned transport do not flee anymore after unload its cargo, you have actually buy that unit via this ability. GDI have new air transport units on airfield so this feels as good solution too.

Nod:
Fanatics removed from production tab (they become seriously inefective in TE)
Subterrain strike support power spawn 2 squads of Fanatics, they have now at least chance to do some damage
Call for transport ability removed from all Nod units, but nod have new air transport unit available on hangar.
Removed support powers - Radar jaming missile, Decoy army, Catalist missile, Vapor bomb
New Support power - Network espionage - reveal locations of enemy production and tech buildings (Operation center) - remember nod hackers at the end of the tiberian down? This is an atempt to create support power based on this event.How does that work on scrin? Well Kane was able to transcript tacitus as well and with that gain knowledge about scrin
technology.
EMP Missile - disable structures and vehicles in small area (Operation center)
Chem missile - works almost as Tiberian sun version, big blast in center couse heavy damage to buildings then altered tiberium vapors fills large area around dealing additional damage over time. Of course killed infantry spawn viceroids.

Scrin
Conqeuror and Assault Mothership has been removed, also original Mothership is no longer available hance support power that call mothership has been also removed. (but its still available in final Scrin mission so you can finish that mission)
Scrin has only one epic unit, its new tiberium based mothership and names Leviathan Mothership.
Defiler has been removed - it was just chemical artilery nothing special about it
Shock trooper has plasma disc as default weapon and benefits from upgrade Tiberium intergation (boost healt and firepower)
Stormrider gain 50% firepower boost vs aircraft
Photon Cannon replaced with Lightning spike
Gateway and Portal no longer repairs units around, scrin employed different way to heal units for now
Reactors power upgrade also enable tiberium radiation that heals scrin units around, but be adviced that also damages your human alies, scrin should be something completely different, not just diferent looking, but basicaly the same as human faction, so all scrin ground units heals in tiberium (infantry and vehicles alike)
Warp Beacon generates ion strom that heals scrin aircraft and damages enemies, once again lets say that scrin simply change surrounding environment to fit their needs.
New unit - Pacifier - sort of small Mastermind, can controll only ground units (not structures), has upgrade that enable squads replenish
New unit - Reaver - has beam attack similar to original nod beam cannon, but do need line of sight. Also has blink pack as default so its sort of chrono tank
New unit - Ravage gunship - strong vs infantry, transports infantry
Removed suport powers - Reconstruction drones, Lightning spike, Mothership (only available in campaign for now)
New support power - Lightning Storm - creates small localised ion strom on target area
New support power - Decoy army - originaly nod power, but there is no legit science behind it, how can holograms see, how can nod creates them and control them over waste distance
its like some sort of off word magic, perfect for scrin though.

Download it HERE.

White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very excited to work once again for the latest release! I'm ready to assist when called upon.

I'm already hard at work testing the living bejesus out of this latest version. I've finished GDI and the Mutants. Now working on Nod-have to familiarize myself with their technology.

I've got my list and it's going strong!

As of 1.51:

Yay! Minigun is back! My God, I proceeded to flip the hell out when I first saw it was removed. Like, how can EA put in a Minigun in a cutscene, then not put it in the game, then have us put it in the game, then take it out? XD

Goodie! Now, more insane amounts of testing to the detriment of all else!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon