Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:44 am
All times are UTC + 0
Welcome to Tiberian Sun: Tech Level War
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject:  Welcome to Tiberian Sun: Tech Level War
Subject description: my new mod
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let me introduce you to Tiberian Sun: Tech Level War. It's a mod with a new gameplay tweak, in which you have to build very expensive buildings - the tech centers - in order to level up and have superior buildings and structures and eventually win the battle.

More than a big mod, this is something like a game mode, with almost all of the original Tiberian Sun/Firestorm units and structures, some units taken from the next game in the series - C&C3: Tiberium Wars -, a couple of new units and structures and even more. There're also some new tech buildings to capture and get some very useful goodies.

The pace of the gameplay has also been changed, now it's faster, I mean, some units have increased speed and some do more damage.
The AI of the mod has been completely redone, attempting to be harder; more frequent attacks with more amount of units and adapted to the new tech level system.

Screenshots and more info coming soon!!!

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps, it would have been a good idea to post this when you had more info and screenshots ready?

Blackhand Commando (HUN)
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah so it's the lack of screenshots what pull people's attention.. maye I should try it. But I would like to see how you implement AOE II like tech-leveling to TS...

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A picture is worth a thousand words. So post a thousand pictures and you're never going to run out of things to say.

Blackhand Commando (HUN)
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blackhand Commando (HUN) wrote:
ah so it's the lack of screenshots what pull people's attention.. maye I should try it. But I would like to see how you implement AOE II like tech-leveling to TS...

I meant that I posted like over 10 screens of my upcomin' mod but it dont get any respond in the past few weeks... but all the mod concepts with no screens get like 2-5 replyes on the first day...

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frustrating, isn't it?

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blackhand Commando, I have never played Age of Empires II... anyway I'm very happy to see some interest from you!
And for everyone, I haven't posted screenshots yet because the mod is almost entirely focused in the gameplay, I mean BIG changes to the gameplay... but I promise, I'll get some good screenshots within the next few hours Smile

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Screenies!!!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hope you like them!

TLW1.PNG
 Description:
Soldiers attacking at the first moments of a game. The new building is the light factory, it allows you to buy light vehicles.
 Filesize:  364.16 KB
 Viewed:  25473 Time(s)

TLW1.PNG

TLW2.PNG
 Description:
Some Wolverines attacking. The scout will not be in the mod, it's just for testing purposes.
 Filesize:  506.27 KB

TLW2.PNG

TLW3.PNG
 Description:
Some disk throwers attacking. Notice my new small harvester, it's a bit faster but carries just half of the amount of tiberium. The same for the Old Refinery and the Old silos. They are the only way to earn money at the first tech level.
 Filesize:  606.5 KB

TLW3.PNG

TLW4.PNG
 Description:
Titans attacking me. Welcome to 2nd level!
 Filesize:  581.2 KB

TLW4.PNG

TLW5.PNG
 Description:
They have just blown up my Construction Yard!!
 Filesize:  544.62 KB

TLW5.PNG

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The angle of the your TD refinery's shadow is wrong. You should fix that Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Out of interest, I'm going to assume as each tier levels up the refinery for example will go from "old" (why would you build something that is old #Tongue) to new and so on, my concern would be wouldn't this kind of clog up the side bar with a bunch of then useless Tier 1 - Tier 2 stuff, (thats when you've reached Tier 3 I mean).

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the moment there are no useless units or structures because they're in a lower tech level.
Taking the example of the refinery, the old one is a bit cheaper, it has less armor and it stores less tiberium, but it comes with the Small Harvester, a non-buildable unit from the sidebar; comparing to the standard harvester, it has less armor and harvests less amounts of tiberium but it's faster, and just docks to the Old Refinery. Because of its speed it can be useful for example, harvesting tiberium from farther tiberium fields in less time and not getting destroyed so easily.
The standard refinery that belongs to level 2 is better than the old one, but it just comes up with a standard harvester (that is buildable in this case). BUT if you buy too many standard refineries, the AI notices it and sends more troops to either destroy them or your harvesters.
There are more units from tier 1 that can be useful in higher tiers, for example the GDI Wolverine, because the AI keeps on buying soldiers till the end and no other GDI vehicle is so effective against infantry like this mech.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about you make it so that you have to level up by building a deployable tech structure and the tech structure it deploys into also functions as a construction yard?

You can then give IsTrain=yes to this mobile tech structure, so that it blows up the war factory (which you'll have to give BuildLimit=1) when it gets built and once it has deployed you level up by building an upgrade which can only be placed on your old construction yard. Give this upgrade an animation which has a Damage= value in art.ini so that it blows up your old construction yard when it's placed on it, but at the same time will give you access to all new buildings.

This way when you level up and you'll basically have your old tech replaced with new tech every time you do so.

Of course the downside of this is that you can always only build 1 of every factory type, although this could possibly be compensated by beefing up their strength a little.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Blackhand Commando (HUN)
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think its healthy for you to make cameos out of TS rising and C&C reborn screenies...

And also, I tought it isn't possible to make an upgrade as a prerequisite of stg. Despite this is suggest you to give the Tech Centers BuildLimit=1 or
-1 (thats fhux ya if u lose it)

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's possible to give upgrade as a prerequisite, I have done that a while ago, but there was something that didn't work like with buildings...
can't remember what it was though.

Blackhand Commando (HUN)
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can u tell me where did u get the rocket infantry and engineer's cameo? I'm sure I seen these somewhere else before, and my mod needs new cameos too

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I downloaded them from PPM and converted them to SHP, they were 24-bit BMPs. They were made by Gangster, as well as the buggy icon.
BTW, if you like the other icons too, I uploaded them to PPM, I'd be very glad if you use some of them.

Here is the link to all of Gangster's cameos: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5593

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: The Units From Tech Level 1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to show all of the units that are in my mod, starting by the Nod ones. Hope you like it!
And BTW, this mod is very close to be released.

Light Factory.PNG
 Description:
This is not a unit, but I thought it was important to mention here. The Light Factory builds just light vehicles: the Nod Buggy and the Attack Cycle (since the 2nd tech level).
 Filesize:  10.53 KB
 Viewed:  25052 Time(s)

Light Factory.PNG

Nod Light Infantry.png
 Description:
The same unit we all know, but now his weapon does a lot more damage.
 Filesize:  2.25 KB

Nod Light Infantry.png

Buggy.png
 Description:
Powerful against infantry, I mean REALLY powerful.
Prerequisite: Light Factory
 Filesize:  2.27 KB

Buggy.png

Small Harvester.png
 Description:
It comes with the Old Refinery and docks only at it. It harvests less tiberium than the regular one and it's more fragile but it's faster. It cannot be built.
 Filesize:  4.1 KB

Small Harvester.png

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: The Units from Tech Level 2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cost to reach this tech level: 6000

Rocket Soldier, Cyborg and Nod Engineer.PNG
 Description:
Cyborg:
Now it's really efffective against infantry.
 Filesize:  6.31 KB
 Viewed:  25039 Time(s)

Rocket Soldier, Cyborg and Nod Engineer.PNG

MCV, Harvester and Mobile Repair Vehicle.PNG
 Description:
You already know them :)
 Filesize:  7.15 KB

MCV, Harvester and Mobile Repair Vehicle.PNG

Attack Cycle and Light Tank.PNG
 Description:
Attack Cycle
Faster than ever!! the perfect recon unit for the Brotherhood.

Light Tank
Yes, the old Bradley tank from the first tiberium war we all know and love. Fast, light and cheap.
 Filesize:  6.32 KB

Attack Cycle and Light Tank.PNG

Mobile Sensor Array and Limpet Drone.PNG
 Description:
They work the same as vanilla TS. They have the Nod Radar as prerequisite.
 Filesize:  4.32 KB

Mobile Sensor Array and Limpet Drone.PNG

Venom.PNG
 Description:
I have never liked the harpy so I replaced it with this one, the same Venom from C&C3 we all know. Very effective against infantry and very fast.
 Filesize:  12.47 KB

Venom.PNG

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So like TS in SupCom format? I could get into that, although a supcom mod would be awesome #Tongue

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never played Supreme Commander, so I don't know what you're talking about LOL any similarities with other strategy games that are not C&C are pure coincidence. LOL!!!! Some guy compared my mod with Age of Empires!!!!!!!

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: The Units From Tech Level 3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cost to reach this tech level: 10000
Hope you like it!!!!!!

Some corrections, because there's a bug that deletes some of the phrases ends:

Artillery
My favorite TS unit, more powerful than ever! Now kills soldiers, like the older versions of TS.

Stealth Tank
Now it's faster and its missiles do some more damage, so now is a really useful unit.

Cyborg Commando, Scorpion Tank and Artillery.PNG
 Description:
Cyborg Commando
As good as always.

Scorpion Tank
This is the Scorpion from C&C3. I decided to put in my mod because it's fast and fragile and I think that fits well into Nod style.

Artillery
My favorite TS unit, more powerful than ever! Now kills so
 Filesize:  7.24 KB
 Viewed:  24992 Time(s)

Cyborg Commando, Scorpion Tank and Artillery.PNG

Devil's Tongue and Cyborg Reaper.PNG
 Description:
With Nod Tech Center as Prerequisite
They have no change at all.
 Filesize:  4.5 KB

Devil's Tongue and Cyborg Reaper.PNG

Advanced Harvester and Stealth Tank.PNG
 Description:
With Nod Tech Center as Prerequisite
Advanced Harvester
This is a special harvester that stores more tiberium and runs faster. Very useful. Voxel made by Hassan_2030.

Stealth Tank
Now it's faster and its missiles do some more damage, so now is a really u
 Filesize:  9.35 KB

Advanced Harvester and Stealth Tank.PNG

Description:
The powerful Nod mech from C&C3. Very expensive and you can just have 3 of them. If you find a husk on the ground, capture it with an engineer and it will be yours.
Prerequisite: Temple of Nod
 Filesize:  18.08 KB

Upgraded Venom and Banshee.PNG
 Description:
Aircraft:
Upgraded Venom
This venom fires a powerful laser that it's good against almost everything.

Banshee
The same UFO that we all know and love in TS.
Prerequisite: Nod Tech Center
 Filesize:  30.6 KB

Upgraded Venom and Banshee.PNG

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The venom and avatar look pretty bad, recolour them perhaps? Have you coded this mod so that ONLY light vehicles come from the light factory and ONLY heavy vehicles come from the heavy factory?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huh, husks? How does that work in TS? Are they just undeployable buildings on the map, or do avatars actually leave them too?

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher, they are from a TW units pack made by TksSdo but resized. I agree with you, I probably need a SHP artist and a voxeler. When you'd saw the scorpion tank I think you'll feel the same.
And about the vehicles coming out of different factories I haven't implemented it yet but I have done that before and it's pretty easy.

Nyerguds, I will put avatar husks in many maps. They are in fact buildings that you undeploy into an avatar. When an avatar is destroyed it doesn't leave a husk. My idea is to have maps full of surprises - not just avatar husks - that can change the gameplay and can make the difference between winning and losing a battle.

tuba_general
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks like a pretty sweet mod, when do you think it will be available?

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanx for the "pretty sweet"! It could be available really soon but as I saw too few replies I thought no one was interested... what do you think?

tuba_general
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love to give it a try It sounds like it has some interesting concepts such as the light harvesters and the light war factory. It looks like it could be rather entertaining to play.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: MODDB Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like how this one is looking

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh man, those maps are one hell of a cold shower.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Downloading!

Okay I'm having a problem, when I try to run the mod my screen is black. I can hear all the sounds but the screen is blank.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know why that happens... anyway, I uploaded the mod here for you to try, in RAR and ZIP formats.

Tech Level War Beta 0.1.zip
 Description:
The mod.

Download
 Filename:  Tech Level War Beta 0.1.zip
 Filesize:  4.82 MB
 Downloaded:  489 Time(s)

Tech Level War Beta 0.1.rar
 Description:
The mod.

Download
 Filename:  Tech Level War Beta 0.1.rar
 Filesize:  3.7 MB
 Downloaded:  475 Time(s)

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Okay I'm having a problem, when I try to run the mod my screen is black. I can hear all the sounds but the screen is blank.

The mod probably included ddraw.dll. It causes the descripted problem for some people (including me), so try deleting it.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the mod includes ddraw.dll, I put it into the mod because I've had some waveclass errors, and it was working well to me... but if causes problems to you, I'll take it out from the package Smile Please try the mod without my ddraw.dll and tell me if it works now.

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay update I have gotten the mod working and will have a better review up soon!

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are the units/structures for GDI at the first tech level. I'm thinking in uploading the image to moddb but I'd like to see first what do you guys think?

TLW GDI Tech Level 1.png
 Description:
Is it cute? Is it horrible? How can I make it look better?
 Filesize:  598.63 KB
 Viewed:  22118 Time(s)

TLW GDI Tech Level 1.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doesn't seem fair at all. I know they're supposed to be the defensive class but they have no offensive capability at all. It would either be a complete stalemate or the offensive class would win simply through increased mobility and constant harassment.

Should give the defensive class the Wolverine as that is more defensive than the Pitbull (plus it's only anti-infantry while the Pitbull could take out a Wolverine if not defended by Disc Throwers (which are in turn vulnerable to Wolverines)).

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's great to receive your feedback, so thnx, perhaps you've got a point, but, I posted the image here to receive aesthetic advice #Tongue

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good, I like the design. The buildings could be positioned better, and I don't know about the tower I thought Offensive got it too?

I think the defensive class should have something to attack in the later techlevel as its supposed to stay defensive. Giving it the wolverine will not make players attack with it when there's pitbulls. You may want to give them a free unit that comes with a defensive building, for a harassment like a c4 dude or engineer. So that defensive class can launch one good hit at the enemy and stays defensive.

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont think so, the tech is good, its only the first tech level right? defensive player must play defensive in first, crawling to higher tech level to get good enough unit to attack.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, you're right, that's just the 1st tech level, when you reach 2nd tech level (by buying a 10000 structure) the classes are gone for that level's units and structures.
So, you get the component tower, the vulcan upgrade, the wolverine and the pitbull.
But you don't get all the infantry units... should I change that? What do you guys think?

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod Tech Level 1 Units and Structures
Hope you like it, the icons, the background, the colors, the nod logo, etc.
I'd like to hear opinions about it, so if you have one, please share it with me.

TLW Nod Tech Level 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  555.77 KB
 Viewed:  22046 Time(s)

TLW Nod Tech Level 1.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon