Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
XRML LeechKiller 1.0
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject:  XRML LeechKiller 1.0 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saberhawk wrote:
Introducing the FIRST tool that'll prevent leechers from stealing mod assets. This tool takes a .mix file and edits it in such a way that makes XCC not see it as a valid mix file, but lets TS/FS/RA2/YR read it with no problems at all. Just select the input mix in the first selector screen and a new file to write to with a different name in the second screen. It gets to work and gives you the perfect leech-resistant mix file. Also, there is no way to unencode the mix, so be sure you have a backup!

LeechKiller 1.0

PS: This is an alpha product. It may kill your dog, steal your bike, key your car, and whatnot. I take no responsibility for damages caused by this product.

Saberhawk would have posted this himself, but he forgot his account details  Laughing

Saberhawk
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

W00t, I got them figured out now!

Last edited by Saberhawk on Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where can I get the Leechkiller 1.0??

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Click the LeechKiller 1.0 link, perhaps?

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh lol, I didnt think there was a link. It didnt look like it at all. Thanks Clazzy. lol

EDIT: The leechKiller 1.0 doesnt work. It wont start up. It says it "failed to initiallize". Could some help me please.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Saberhawk
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It requires .NET Framework. Heavy download, but yes, it will be necessary for all of my programs. And you should have the framework anyway, as more and more programs require it. (Heck, it's included in Win 2k3 installation, that's a big hint how important in is.)

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, sorry for the huge bump.

The link doesn't open. Can somene reupload it please? Or give a newer version if present?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seconded. This would be very useful.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder, I do believe Apollo has it, prod him :p

Also, I am planning to release my own project which kinda merges the functionality of XCC Mix Editor and this tool sometime this month.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what happens if XCC gets updated / hacked by C&CVK or someone else? Would then your version be obsolete and people needing to choose between the two versions.

I'm just theoretising, but since VK is adding multy mod support to RP it might be in conflict wit this.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC can be updated by anyone who uses Visual C++ 2005 or better. The source is available and easy to download through SVN.

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I'm just theoretising, but since VK is adding multy mod support to RP it might be in conflict wit this.

RP have not and won't have multi-mod support.
ETS have.

Quote:
The source is available and easy to download through SVN.

how? I tried a lot of times and always fail.
It will be good if someone help me with it Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to use SF's settings to log on as anonymous with one of the SVN GUIs.. Then, it's a quite easy job...

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC mix editor or Mixer has an option where you can encrypt the mix the files I believe.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So what happens if XCC gets updated / hacked by C&CVK or someone else? Would then your version be obsolete and people needing to choose between the two versions.

All I'm doing is making a tool that creates MIX files that the game can read and the current version of XCC cannot. Now if Olaf/VK/whoever else changes the XCC code a bit, it will be able to read them as well. However, even if that is done, tools like FA2 will not be able to do so without being recompiled with the same change.

Last edited by John Galt on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&CVK wrote:
[RP have not and won't have multi-mod support.
ETS have.

Why not? More people play YR mods than TS ones anyway... Confused

Quote:
All I'm doing is making a tool that creates MIX files that the game can read and the current version of XCC cannot. Now if Olaf/VK/whoever else changes the XCC code a bit, it will be able to read them as well. However, even if that is done, tools like FA2 will not be able to do so without being recompiled with the same change.

That's nice to hear. What if FA2 gets updated by someone and doesn't include your changes. All I'm saying, you'd be better off making a program similair th this one instead. If you want that is.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm lost. What do you think my tool changes? What are these "changes of mine" that a FA2 update can miss?

P.S. RP will not have multi-mod support because there is a tool being made to manage multiple mods for YR. It's being discussed at RenProj, I do believe you've seen it.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
However, even if that is done, tools like FA2 will not be able to do so without being recompiled with the same change.

I don't know what your new tool would change. Your words suggested to me it might not be compatiable with FA2 for instance. I see that I was wrong (somewhat).

Ah, so that thing is still being worked on? Hmm, I'll need to see it. Thanks for the tip.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both LeechKiller and my tool use a certain cheat to make the MIXes unreadable by XCC.
XCC does a more thorough validation of a file's contents than the game does, and by inserting junk data into the MIX these tools make XCC think that this is a junk file with a .mix extension and shouldn't be checked for actual content (a sane choice, given the alternative introduces a possibility of access violations).
FA2, TibEd and a variety of other tools include XCC's code in them, and so, even if Olaf gets wind of this cheat and patches XCC (which would spark another nice and fuzzy bitchfest, I think), FA2 and other tools will still fail to read them, until Olaf tells their creators what to change and they can be arsed to actually change it. Had Olaf made his code into a DLL instead, the latter step would not have been necessary.
(I have even heard rumours that Matze literally lost his source codes some time after FA 1.02 was released. Double whammy.)

The game is more lenient with that validation, thus it still can read the files just fine.

(My tool uses the same method as LK, so Olaf would only need to change one place in the code.)

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I heard those rumours too about Matze loosing his source code. Sad thrully. All we can hope for is for EA to release the code they posses...

Just wondering - if you do start work on this, how long will it take before there is a working version?

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
P.S. RP will not have multi-mod support because there is a tool being made to manage multiple mods for YR. It's being discussed at RenProj, I do believe you've seen it.

This isn't the main reson Smile

Quote:
Now if Olaf/VK/whoever else changes the XCC code a bit, it will be able to read them as well.

If I update XCC, I won't do it, because I hate rippers Smile

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think all this is of much use.
As you aren't making money on your mod, does it really matter if someone take pieces of it ? If someone do so, it will very unlikely become a mod and even if it does so, it won't be really difficult to tell "hey this tank is mine".
Furthermore, if people play with my creations, I'm happy, no matter the way they play with it. On the contrary, I'd be proud that people use my stuffs as a basis for creation ; it's just like developping a program open source.
I'm not critisizing thought as I think I understand your stance but I'm sure I'll never use something of the kind.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fine you go and make lots of voxels and images exclusively for your mod, in some cases these include peoples shps made from 3d models, thier own composed soundtrack etc. You get people who like to include stuff of yours and not credit you / not ask you / take the credit for the work. I personally think this can be a very usefull tool for people who don't want thier work being ripped.

Money isn't everything, effort is also a valuable thing as well as time.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is of use to people who don't want their custom made assets to be used in shitty noob mods without their permission. Want examples, look at Tactical Trance stealing stuff and being damn proud of it, maybe that will change your opinion.

Besides, I'm pretty sure, if you ask a mod author nicely and with a good reason, he will give you the source files without you having to rip them out... At least for your private use. If you want to use someone else's assets for a public mod, well, the asset author should have a final say since it's his/her work.

P.S. Do you really want to see seventy nine noob mods all having the same assets and retardedly powerful weapons? What happens if someone stumbles across your mod's site after playing those noob mods and recognizes the units in the pics? "Oh, I remember that unit ... it was so damn stupid, I bet this mod will be crap too..." Well done.

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I do not care very much for n00b activity. If they want to make crap out of gold, well that's their problem. I believe that's the original will be much well known than the plagia (I admit it's not always the case). Eventually, I don't think rippers ever released anything. If you don't like to create your own stuff, you won't have the nvecessary patience to make a mod. Well, that's just my view.

rars
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i cant download it...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The link expired a long time ago and I have yet to find who has mirrored this tool..

_Saberhawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not just download RP 1.10 with MIX ??? <- Don't remember the full name. And I think this is on nary all RP if not I wanna know.

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The one that comes with RP 1.10 and NP 1.00 can still be opened by the XCC Mixer if it is placed in the RA2 directory Confused

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg =|. *deleted*

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
he one that comes with RP 1.10 and NP 1.00 can still be opened by the XCC Mixer if it is placed in the RA2 directory

will be fixed at this week Smile

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okey, VK i trust u know Wink

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kinda wonder why this is still sticky... all links are broken anyway.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've forgotten about this topic. And I agree with you. It is no longer sticky.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wonder why all the links are broken? Last time I checked it was still available for download. But I guess it's kind of a good thing though really.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum