Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Hydra Canyon (2-5) VER 1.1
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject:  [YR] Hydra Canyon (2-5) VER 1.1
Subject description: New Version is out, and fixed i hope.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello people, soo this map was supposed to be in my mod, BUT, i fell i want to give this to public, soo people have fun as i did testing and playing in this map. #Tongue

Anyways, at the moment the map is only for yuri's revenge (should i start making an version to RA2 and another one to YR?), the map contains some ambient sounds soo you see the map is not "dead", as its looks an lot an map 3x2, i think IMO that the right side has some better spots to defend, while left is always very open with some parts people can go, anyways i think you can just make this an great 2x2 battle, as you know the middle player is not necessary. xD

By the way, as i used my mod to initially make this map, it gave me many IEs when i tested today, i fixed it all i could and woked normally after that, but i'm still not sure, please if you find any problems, contact me by an post here of by PM and i will fix that shit. #Tongue

Anyways, if you ever going to use this in an mod,etc... please give me credit. #Tongue

Oh and have fun, now the screenshot at last. XD

minimap hydra canyon.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.64 KB
 Viewed:  5658 Time(s)

minimap hydra canyon.PNG

Hydra Canyon 1.1.rar
 Description:
New version.

Download
 Filename:  Hydra Canyon 1.1.rar
 Filesize:  102.12 KB
 Downloaded:  507 Time(s)

Last edited by Shadow Hunter on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total

XGiga
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome map Surprised . I am gonna use it on my mod Smile .

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The player buildings are too bright and stand out too much imo.
Create the darkening effect only with the Ambient key and not the Red, Blue, Green keys. Keep these color keys close to 1
e.g.
your map has
Code:
[Lighting]
Red=0.390000
Blue=0.690000
Green=0.390000
Ambient=0.750000

The following should give a similar lighting, though the player buildings should be now darker and match the general brightness of the map.
Code:
[Lighting]
Red=0.850000
Blue=1.150000
Green=0.850000
Ambient=0.450000

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, yeah, i almost never change the ambient on my maps :S

Thanks for the help LKO, but i'm just gonna change somethings on the lightning you reccomended, as the lightning looks an bit to neutral ( XD) soo yeah i will re-post the pics again, thanks for the help. #Tongue

Anyways, when i make cliffs, i actually happoens to see some half-hidden parts that get kinda darker than the ambient, theres some way i can fiz that as it completely breaks the ambient. :S (even though i can "hide" that effect, it still can be seen. >_<

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP!

Well, after some good time, i stopped my lazyness and finnally finished the new lightning, based on LKO values but changed to keep the fell of the other one, also i found some bug like buildings appearing in not visible areas and all, soo heres the new (and hopefully final) version of the map, please ejoy and have fun.

Also thanks to LKO for his advice. Smile

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: hydra Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO bit too small, start point 3 (lower left) seemed to be an issue for my AI to build. They made barracks, power, refinery, then when i bombed their barracks they made a war factory. Even though I think the map is a bit too small, it wasn't a bad map. The overall playability of the map was decent.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It might be just the way RA2 cliffs look, but can I see first and third picture locations in marble madness?

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Nikademis: Well, yeah, the lower left position is kinda small, i can make all i need with that space, but as we all know how the AI builds and all, it needs an lot of space, not much i can do without remading everything...but i could move that ore to somewhere else. Confused

@Gufu: Sure, i will upload them here, also apologizes for .jpg but i don't think details are soo necessary in marble madness...

Also don't notice first pic cliff problem >_>

hydra canyon MM2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  405.05 KB
 Viewed:  5291 Time(s)

hydra canyon MM2.JPG

hydra canyon MM.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  406.22 KB
 Viewed:  5291 Time(s)

hydra canyon MM.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon