Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Final Alert 2 that works with Ares multi ini?
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject:  Final Alert 2 that works with Ares multi ini? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I am asking is if there is a version of FA2 that wan load multiple INI files like Ares supports? If there is one then can someone send me in the right direction. Google has presented me with fail so far. So if any one has one or knows where one is please share it with the world.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is not one.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FA2 seriously needs a replacement.

These days, in my opinion, the "easiest" way to get a good map editor would be using my dll system and the YR++ library to make the game be the map editor itself. That map editor would then be able to make use of all Ares features if Ares is running simultaneously. Generally a lot of cool things would be possible.

There are some hints in TS code that Westwood had this planned in a similar way as it works in Red Alert - same engine, different application. Unfortunately they never realized this.

The biggest problem is that there's nobody able to do this. I'm done with YR, and anybody with the skill has enough to do with Ares. For a project like this the game has faded too much, there's not enough life left. That's my observation.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember you saying this years back, and since i have tryed making the game pretty much sandbox from launch. Its for sure a injection job as doing it via binary hacks caused bad headaches...

The only problem i would i think i would have in doing this would be the placement of objects on the scenario aswell as a new GUI for reading and viewing the terrain art set.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can hook yourself into the mouse event processing and hack in whatever you wish. Clicked on world? Find out where it is in the world and spawn an object, increase the terrain height at that point, place a waypoint, whatever. Clicked on menu? Activate the respective mode. There's no real need to use the game's ugly action system to accomplish anything.

The toughest part in my opinion is creating a GUI for defining scripts etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum