Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
January News
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject:  January News Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone,in this news post I want to address the main moddb event and also say something about progress on the mod. I know I should post something earlier, but with start of new year I was seriously busy with many other things so I'm doing that now.

First I want to thank all of you who voted for Tiberium essence in Mod of the Year Awards, thanks to you this mod made to first 100 and that is quite great success considering the waste amount of various mods in this competition so thank you again for your support.

As you maybe know I'm working on patched version now. I say patched because of nature of mod sdk, patch can't be distributed separately so new version will be again as big as v1.4. Most minor bugs is already fixed so only few big ones remains. I want to create bug free version this time
so I will take time for that. Unfortunately time is something I don't have these days, I really have to focus on my personal life issues so the
progress on mod is slow. Hopefully things will be better soon so I'll be able to bring you better news about patch soon.

Regarding the patch content I want to discuss more following critical issues:

Some people were not much comfortable with new reaper armed with autocanons and call after return missile version which was also able to attack air targets, so the question is what is your experience with new reaper after month of playing new version? Is he now better or not?

The problem with jump jet trooper passing through barrack roof might be solved with adding rooftop hatch on barrack, so how you like this idea?

I´v fixed the problem with orca minigun turret, so now it works like always should (turning, pith up/down), but I can´t say the same for orca bomber, there is a problem I can´t go over with. So what you think, should I remove this upgrade from orca bomber or leave it´s turret static like it is now?

Speaking of orca bomber I´v also finally animated it´s turbines Smile

More to come in next news post.

Also dont miss new version of Rimtech´s Mappack add some time after release v1.4

That is all from me for now Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even though I am a huge fan of the original Reaper, in this mod it's fine as it is now: now you have to bring Rocket Squads to have AA, instead of spamming Reapers. Besides, in TS the Reaper weren't that great in AA either; the cluster missiles hit ground targets more then air.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO the Reaper should get it's missiles back. The lack of epic unit really hurts Nod IMO (I'm not saying they need an epic unit, just compensation). Rocket Cyborg Reaper would potentially be more devasting (if it has the inaccurate but very powerful cluster missiles like before).

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, Carnius Smile

I know you heared nothing from me a long time, but here i'm back now. I have voted for your mod, because its the ***ing best mod i have ever played. Very Happy

V 1.4 is a great Version, but back to your issues,...
The Orca Bomber doesn't need the gun, because its bombs are devasting for each base, and the little bit damage, the gun makes, doesn't fit to the concept of the orca Bomber. Instead of this i would make the gun only firing at air units, like the vertigo from nod does, because against other air units the orca bomber needs this gun, but on ground units the gun is not needed.

For the Orca Fighter i woudn't change anything, because the gun is working, and thats good.

The rest of my gaming feedback i will post in the feedback topic, because there are many things that i have mentioned Smile

But nevertheless great work !!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------> Tacitus

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon