Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Cartographer's Call Competition II
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [120 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject:  Cartographer's Call Competition II
Subject description: Yuri's Revenge: Mapping Competition (It Lives!)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(Also posted on the CNCGuild)

Hey everyone. I've booted up the Cartographer's Call Mapping Competition again, mainly dueto being nagged to death by everyone. Razz
I'm sure most of you are already familiar with the rules of the CCC, but for those of you who aren't:

Rules:

1 - Only One map per entrant
2 - Any map entered by the creator must be larger than 85 x 85 otherwise their map will be marked as void and will not be judged in the competition.
3 - The entries must be completely new. No re-makes of maps, no copy and pasted terrain from any other maps.
4 - If you post any previews of your maps anywhere before the competition deadline, you will be disqualified and your map will be marked as void and will not be judged in the competition.
5 - Once submitted entries cannot be changed, so make sure you're happy with your map and it has no errors
6 - Entries must be submitted to Aro (Me) by the 22nd of February (00:00GMT)
7 - Your map can be any theater, be it a RA2 theater or a YR theater. Lunar maps are accepted but will hurt your layout score.
8 - Symmetrical maps are allowed, but will hurt your layout score.
9 - Maps are to be submitted in .YRM Format
10 - Terrain expansions of any kind are NOT allowed.

Judging:

Judging will be done by Aro (Me), Ixith and Dudeinabox.

You will be judged on:

- Detail work and LAT placement.
- Map layout
- Map Lighting (10 for lightposts 10 for global)
- General Gameplay on your submission
- Triggers and .INI edits

Will be out of 100 points, based on the criteria listed just above.

20 points for Detail
20 points for Layout
20 points for Lighting
20 points for Game play
20 points for Triggers.

Remember that lighting is split in two, you will receive a maximum of 10 points for your Global lighting and a maximum of 10 points for your use of invisible light posts, this is also important for the judges to remember, I don't want a mistake like last time happening again.

Prizes:

Prizes will consist of a custom rank and a Renegade Mouse Pad if Banshee approves. Ixith may also offer a cash prize via PayPal.

Just like last time, This competition will NOT go under public voting for an additional score, your maps will be judged and rated by the judges ONLY!
There shall be no biased results and every map will be evaluated evenly.

SEND YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO ARO (ME) VIA. PM (Personal Message)!! NOT VIA EMAIL OR I.M CLIENT!

Last edited by Aro on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 6 times in total

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats the reward because I'm intrested I haven't made a good map for a while now.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hotrods20 wrote:
Whats the reward because I'm intrested I haven't made a good map for a while now.

Prizes will consist of a custom rank and a Renegade Mouse Pad if Banshee approves.

Also added that to the first post, thanks for reminding me.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your welcome I can judge but... I really want to make a map is it possible to judge but another judge judges my map?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd rather have someone I know and is an experienced mapper as the third judge. I already have a few guys in mind. Also you can't be a judge and submit a map, if I Allowed that rule me or Ixith would win. #Tongue

Last edited by Aro on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay I'm fine with that I'm going to get to work on my map either tonight or just go to bed and work on it tomarrow after school.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, Renegade Mousepad.

I'm in.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most likely I will not enter "very busy" But if I do decide to do this, when you say No Terrain expansions of any kind aloud, does that include the making of new terrain of your own? Or does it have to be "XWIS" playable and only use what comes with the game?

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno, is adding and expanding tilesets a type of terrain expansion? Of course it is.
Now listen to Aro.

Last edited by Orac on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac speaks the truth. You're only allowed to use Vanilla RA2/YR material.

I wrote:
10 - Terrain expansions of any kind are NOT allowed.

I figure that is pretty clear.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
excepted

Do you mean accepted? If not sorry.

I would love to be a judge you have seen some of my work, but if you believe I am not qualified then thats alright with me.

If I can fix a few problems im getting with Fa2 and YR I will be in, if there is a way to fix them. If i get the chance to enter i will not drop out this time!!

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did mean accepted, thanks for pointing that out. Razz
Sorry but I don't know for sure If I can rely on you or not, I'd sooner have someone like Crimsonum, Dudeinabox or Q45 take the third position (if they're not going to enter).

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats understandable #Tongue thanks anyways, ill make a post seeing if i can at least get my fa2 problem fixed so I can enter

Retired YR Player

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Now listen to Aro.

Yes, dad!

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Copy and Pasting bits of pieces of terrain would be the only terrain making you could do of your own that would be allowed as that is technically still in the game. However, that technique isn't all that useful in mapping with a good result. (the best known one is the smaller roads in TS)

also on another note...I do have paypal up and running and MIGHT consider putting up something that's of up to $15 USD worth in value. for the winner and perhaps $5 for the second place participant depending on the amount of entries and if i'm feeling generous and if people have any ideas on what a good prize would be that I could get you from the interwebz via paypal.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll join. Making my map now, and hopefully I finish it this time XD

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
. (the best known one is the smaller roads in TS)

There can be some great results with bridges and paved roads. I'd even give extra points for terrain creativity.

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not gonna enter a map. Till the 15th of february is not enough time with a packed life I already have. I can however be a judge if you want to.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye, I know how busy you are truefeel, that's also why I'd rather have another judge who has a bit more free time on his/her hands. I don't want the competition turning out nastily like a previous time due-to judges error. Why not enter an 86x86 tournament map? Razz

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm free, but noticeable not much of a mapper (Yeah, I'll enter if I don't get given higher obligations, but probably with and 86x86 map, I don't know that I can handle anything bigger in the time limits) . I'd volunteer as a judge, but I doubt I can give the depth of commentary that a seasoned mapper can...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dudeinabox takes the open place for Judging. Now we just need the contestants! OmegaBolt, Dutchy, MadHQ, Gufu, I want to see you enter!

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to be on board Smile

I have no interest in making RA2 maps but I appreciate good work when I see it, hope to see some impressive results!

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Aye, I know how busy you are truefeel, that's also why I'd rather have another judge who has a bit more free time on his/her hands. I don't want the competition turning out nastily like a previous time due-to judges error. Why not enter an 86x86 tournament map? Razz

I have a bit more time now though. Exams are done now and I can find more then enough spare time to test the maps. I'd like to that infact for a change instead of creating maps :p.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iirc, I still have that map I was working on in the first version of this competition. I think I'll enter #Tongue

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gonna so enter this. Time for epicness.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bah. when is a TS mapping competition coming out?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:
bah. when is a TS mapping competition coming out?

QFT. Hmm...maybe enter DIAB and his sexy competition?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The community needs more RA2 Maps, and that's why CCC is a good thing.

DrKyle1357
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, don't know how good I'll do, but it can't hurt so... I'm in.

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might be in too, but it depends on how much spare time do I have (matriculation exams coming) and if I get any inspiration for a good enough map. Smile

Twisted Insurrection's Lead Campaign Developer

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Q45 wrote:
I might be in too, but it depends on how much spare time do I have (matriculation exams coming) and if I get any inspiration for a good enough map. Smile

What he said.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map done just tweaking it to my standards.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Q45 wrote:

Crimsonum wrote:

What he said.

Do try, your maps can also be recycled to use in Twisted Insurrection If they're good of course (Which I don't doubt from either of you Wink).

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bumpity do dah bumpity day..my oh my...what a wonderful day...to map...

so who else be whizzing around in their FA2's? Anyone? You best be...or else you might get a visit from the evil eyeball of doom...or not...you never know...

on another note...

i saw no suggestions on what possibility i could get via online for the winner that's worth up to $15. Keep in mind i will be having to purchase whatever the suggested idea is via paypal. but any easy to do suggestion would be taken into mind and can very well be voted on or if multiple decent options are suggested then perhaps the winner gets choice? i don't know...just tossing around ideas...

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soo, its just MP maps?

Well, i think i gonna enter then! Very Happy

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just got a pretty nice submission. I want to see more!

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FA2 is working great. Just starting on my map so im in Very Happy

Retired YR Player

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys...it's nearly February and keep in mind you have until the 15th of February to finish up. So do it.

In other words...the meaning behind this post was to bump the topic up. Smile

(Aro I suggest you do the same over at CNC Guild)

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

God damn it, Aro. Can't a guy be warned of such occasions?

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyways, damn Aro, i almost never use ligh posts! Mad

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
God damn it, Aro. Can't a guy be warned of such occasions?

Yep, that's why I made this topic. Very Happy

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I can jion xD do make a crappy map to Aro. So he will be so angry then he just delete it after 1 sec play. #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have some free days now, and one of the things on my to-do list is to make some progress on my entry #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got a pretty cool idea for my map, should be unique. #Tongue

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Got a pretty cool idea for my map, should be unique. #Tongue

You will not out score me this time!! #All_Coholic

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh yea...it's February! the 2nd to be exact...oh and the deadline is the 15th...so umm 15-2 is...OH SCHNAP! You guys have roughly 13 days to finish and send in! So get to mapping weeee...

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im still working on mine! Laughing Let me just say its ztyping crazy! truly one of a kind! Razz

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, no chance then. #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scrapped my original map idea, but already started on a new one #Tongue

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon