Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
RA2/YR full map picture renderer released
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [76 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a MP map, 8 spots, 4 top 4 bottom, And its not done yet... Still have allot to go... I'm pretty much done with the layout just got to spend time with the details like buildings and vehicles.

Also does this you allow for mod support? custom inis and what not...

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm amazed at how some knowledge doesn't get spread around, we were using custom minimaps over at c-gen years ago and I thought it was common knowledge Embarassed Practically every map Cannis ever made for example had a modified preview image to better match the existing RA2 ones.

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm curious to see how this voxel rendering concept goes might be a great help for some voxellers but I'll see could be wrong on it

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C-Gen had a feud for ages so you couldn't even guest view the forums, not to mention generally zero activity from the site.

Glad to see their is another tool for mappers/modders to show off their work.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True, there was the feud, but I didn't think something like that would have remained exclusive insight for so long.

SSTG, I believe the voxel renderer will attempt to render voxels the same as the game does, not make them look all nice like and original 3DSMax model.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
Its a MP map, 8 spots, 4 top 4 bottom, And its not done yet... Still have allot to go... I'm pretty much done with the layout just got to spend time with the details like buildings and vehicles.

Also does this you allow for mod support? custom inis and what not...

Fix that five-pointed star so it's equilateral (the top part is too wide/large), will you?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So far I think I've copied one from Banshee's SHP editor (for neutral objects).

Banshee has his own SHP editor and didn't tell me!!!! I thought he just worked on OS SHP Builder (Created by STUCUK and Banshee).

@App: Looks cool but i suspect it was programmed in C++? Voxels shouldn't take that much time to implement. If you use C++ then you could just take code from XCC tools (Which is fully open source) and if you use Delphi then you could just take the code from an OS tool. If you use Visual Basic then... well you should get another programming language.

TheNecro
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find C++ and C# too rigid for my taste. It's good for programming apps and console titles, but for computer games, I like VBs DLL language expanse plugin support. Hmm... To each his own I suppose.

Wait... Does C++ and C# have a DLL plugin support to expand their respective languages?

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TheNecro wrote:
I find C++ and C# too rigid for my taste. It's good for programming apps and console titles, but for computer games, I like VBs DLL language expanse plugin support. Hmm... To each his own I suppose.

Wait... Does C++ and C# have a DLL plugin support to expand their respective languages?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or a serious question... I think I may have broken my sarcasm detector.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...Wut...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TheNecro wrote:

Yes. C++/C# are proper compilers(Tho MS Visual Studio is slow at compiling). Visual Basic (Not the .Net one) lacks features most other compilers have(Such as DLL function types and pointers). The .Net version of Visual Basic is ment to have features that other compilers have (Such is supporting all DLL function types STDCALL, CDECL, Etc).

zzattack
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:
Quote:
So far I think I've copied one from Banshee's SHP editor (for neutral objects).

Banshee has his own SHP editor and didn't tell me!!!! I thought he just worked on OS SHP Builder (Created by STUCUK and Banshee).

@App: Looks cool but i suspect it was programmed in C++? Voxels shouldn't take that much time to implement. If you use C++ then you could just take code from XCC tools (Which is fully open source) and if you use Delphi then you could just take the code from an OS tool. If you use Visual Basic then... well you should get another programming language.

sorry about that, it was a long time ago Smile
regarding that earlier post, remapping colors for the houses are now read from rules.ini and the map and converted from HSV<->RGB so that missions also look good and houses have their actual colors like they would ingame. I did that with some help from Banshee (yeah im sure it's just him this time Very Happy) #Tongue
I've also added support for AlphaImage.

And the app is indeed written in C++, the GUI is C#. My program is also fully open source by the way, as it's on sourceforge.

I don't actually want to take XCC code to render voxels because they look quite bad imho. Stucuk, would you know how to make them look better? I was actually thinking of porting code from VXLSE 1.4 for this.

TheNecro
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, Blade, I was kidding. I know they all have DLL support. I like BASIC's DLL support the best though. Easier to call the functions.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zzattack wrote:
I don't actually want to take XCC code to render voxels because they look quite bad imho. Stucuk, would you know how to make them look better? I was actually thinking of porting code from VXLSE 1.4 for this.

Unless banshee has changed it then the actual voxel loader code will be the same as VXLSE II's before i started to contribute to VXLSE II. While i was working on VXLSE III i never updated the unit which actualy does the loading of the voxel. So it may not be nice code.

Quote:
My program is also fully open source by the way, as it's on sourceforge.

Tho there is no source code to download on sourceforge, only the binaries #Tongue. (Unless the source is in the binary distributions... never downloaded it)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've made few tweaks to the voxel loading method and the voxel section one as well, I think. It fix a bug or two. Nothing major.

Regarding the source code, browse the SVN there, Stu.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Regarding the source code, browse the SVN there, Stu.

Normaly have zip/tar distributions of source code in the downloads section so people can download "Stable" releases of the source code rather than the wip version that may contain lots of bugs.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:
so people can download "Stable" releases of the source code rather than the wip version that may contain lots of bugs.

Well, there's no such thing yet, and I think you can find quite enough projects that do not deliver source code in such a way.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are alot that do. Generaly when they do a public release of a new version. "Stable" just means that its had some testing, doesn't mean that its actualy 100% stable.

zzattack
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've done some further development, the program is now at v0.98. Voxels are not yet implemented.

Changelog since v0.94:
- Added support for AlphaImages.
- Fixed tilling errors due to unspecified tag "Medians".
- Fixed crashes on unfindable objects when drawing
- Improved YR/RA2 map detection
- Added CSF reading support (not yet used)
- Some lighting bugs fixed.
- Added support for damaged structures, including fires on these buildings.
- Changed order in which tiles/overlay shadows/terrain/smudges/overlay and structures/infantry are drawn. Shadows now cast correctly. For example buildings within fences now show up correctly.
- Corrected incorrect lightings on overlay and terrain.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good stuff, its always good to see devolpment Smile

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't find a download on the site Confused only 0.94.1 and 0.93.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for some reason my firefox aint to friendly with sourceforge. only when dl'ing something though

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The newest version doesn't render lights the correct way. The have almost no "glow" at all! Then again, the first version the glow to much Wink something in between?

zzattack
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, try THIS map in YR and then MRT (Map Render Tool?)

You will notice the amount of (white) light is correct, or near correct, but my lights are colored. And they are standard light posts in YR.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum