Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
article in german pc-games
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject:  article in german pc-games Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey there,
there was an artical about your mod in german pc-games.
i´ll upload some fotos later #Tongue

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please, do it and I'll post a news about it with the photos you upload #Tongue.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This be interestin #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, TE on magazines...nice.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, this mod deserves to be spotlighted. Razz

On the other hand, I can't remember when I was reading paper pc-games magazine for the last time (I just know it was the Level, which costs (with DVD) like some XXX magazine...). But still, it's a good news.

It seems this is probably the first pc-games magazine which wrotes about TE, congratulations anyways. Wink

----------------------

@Carnius: Nebo že by v Levelu byl článek? Jestli tam nebyl, tak jim zkus napsat (třeba i s odkazem na toto forum). Wink

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Last edited by partyzanPaulZy on Fri May 15, 2009 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where are the pictures from the magazine? Anyone?

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why does the magazine say TE's url is http://www.angelmapper.com/?

And the MK II pic (considering it's the only pic in the article) doesn't do the MKII any justice IMO. I so had a nicer pic from way back...

The white lady~!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't you have a scanner or something Rami? The pics are quite bad (as you said) #Tongue

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have a scanner, but i saw this when i was visiting a friend last week.
took some quick fotos with my mobile phone...
will try to get scans in some weeks #Tongue

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Were you in a hurry when you took the photos? They seem to have a very hastily-taken feel to them.

The white lady~!

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the cam of my mobilephone is poor...though it is 2mp

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I cannot use pictures with that quality in the frontpage. Is there any other german visitor who has access to this magazine and can place it in the scanner for us?

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stygs, Golan and some other Thundermods guys are located in Germany, they might have access to the magazine.

The white lady~!

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, im totally impressed that TE really made it to real pc magazine. Pity pure quality of these pictures, i like to know what they say about it (i understand Germany a bit), but considering final rating they like it and that is great. Very Happy

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Es macht sehr spaß! Das is gut! Very Happy

Bad thing is only the fun factor was so high,
design and content (range/size) factor were low.
But I thing the 1.3 is better in these.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

got to correct myself...the article was in german "GameStar"
nvertheless i will try to ged better fotos/scans

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here you go

cnc3te.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  278.54 KB
 Viewed:  26095 Time(s)

cnc3te.jpg

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I wish i could understand German...

The white lady~!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd guess..."The Mammoth Mk.II unit is armed with two Railgun cannons and missile launchers for anti-aircraft." The rest I dunno #Tongue

knuckles84
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have read the article in the original pc-games, and the first thing I was thinking:
Man if they already like 1.2 so much, what would they think about 1.3!!!!

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they are basicly telling which new units there are and eg that the mammy needs support coz it is that slow.
they say that the new units need new strategies coz balance has canged.
eg a squad of mammys mk2s and titans destroy a base in seconds but an army of cyborgs make them donuts #Tongue
the AI is using the new units in skirmish and campaign, eg alexandria mission (now harder than before).
optical changes (new unit-gfx,etc) bring in some variation. eg smoke from rokets and the railguneffect (is similar to that one from TS).
Ragdoll-system is mentioned (comparision to DOW2).

Design 2/5
Content 2/5
fun 4/5

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder how they 1. messed up the link 2. gave such a low rating on graphical quality, even after praising the particle and ragdoll effects.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I wonder how they 1. messed up the link 2. gave such a low rating on graphical quality, even after praising the particle and ragdoll effects.

And 3 tested the old version (they talk about 1.2 while 1.3 has been released months ago).

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I foresee men in black knocking up on their doors...or we could give them a call #Tongue But meh, at least TE got featured. The wrong URL is a massive no-no.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:

Heh considering TE adheres to the artistic style used by EA I'm not really that surprised. I showed a UAW player closeup pictures of the Medic and Flame Tank and he asked "why are the models so shitty?" Laughing the guy, accustomed to the visual standard of UAW where infantry models can go over 2000 polygons, was appalled at the comparative quality of C&C 3, a game which was released in the same year as UAW.

Of course this isn't Carnius's fault. In order to make the Essence units blend into their official counterparts the same art style needs to be used. And EA's art style is pretty sub-par. Show below is a screencap from the Regenesis mod, it's an EA Black Hand standing beside a Nod officer:

Now I'll bet if you took out the Officer and inserted, say a Sayeret from MEC2, or an Istrika from Asylum, etc you'd still observe a vast difference in quality compared to the EA black hand soldier.

Oh and for the non-UAW players here who are curious exactly where lies UAW's standard for infantry models:

Compare with EA's latest title:

Further comparison:

The white lady~!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the Imperial Warriors look better than the UAW infantry. Seriously. #Tongue

Also, Yuriko's not moe enough, but throw that aside, we don't like epic lag when FTL connections aren't developed yet.

They're also different games.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
I think the Imperial Warriors look better than the UAW infantry

They would looks decent to me, but EA had to (once again) skimp on the textures (especially for the weapon). If you look at the Black Hand you can see just how low-detail the textures are (btw that pic was already taken at max graphics)

Destiny wrote:

Also, Yuriko's not moe enough

Does EA even understand the meaning of that word? As far as EA is concerned, "moe" probably means bartender guy from The Simpsons...

The white lady~!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
"moe" probably means bartender guy from The Simpsons...

Too cool, they think moe is their parking warden IMOe.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdes wrote:
Heh considering TE adheres to the artistic style used by EA I'm not really that surprised. I showed a UAW player closeup pictures of the Medic and Flame Tank and he asked "why are the models so shitty?" Laughing the guy, accustomed to the visual standard of UAW where infantry models can go over 2000 polygons, was appalled at the comparative quality of C&C 3, a game which was released in the same year as UAW.

Of course this isn't Carnius's fault. In order to make the Essence units blend into their official counterparts the same art style needs to be used. And EA's art style is pretty sub-par. Show below is a screencap from the Regenesis mod, it's an EA Black Hand standing beside a Nod officer:

Yeah, i follow EA example in their art packs, they usually using low-poly models for infantry and even vehicles, mammoth tank got just 980 polygons, average infantry model is around 500 polygons. I believe this must be done so for reason, maybe engine limitations, so i dont want to push cnc3 engine too far so i keep my model also only around 1000 polygons. But i have to improve textures on certain units, that for sure.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnius wrote:

Yeah, i follow EA example in their art packs, they usually using low-poly models for infantry and even vehicles, mammoth tank got just 980 polygons, average infantry model is around 500 polygons. I believe this must be done so for reason, maybe engine limitations, so i dont want to push cnc3 engine too far so i keep my model also only around 1000 polygons. But i have to improve textures on certain units, that for sure.

Yeah I understand optimisation but I think EA took it a little too far. I mean there's always dynamic LOD or stuff like that to optimise without compromising model quality.

The white lady~!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mammoth Tank only 980 polies??? Even the average Generals mod model almost have more polies >_>

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not surprised honestly. Normally with games when you zoom in at something it looks nicer, more detailed etc. With most of the stuff in SAGE games like C&C 3 it sometimes is actually the opposite. Laughing

The white lady~!

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem with TW is not the polycount (the sage engine can handlue huge amounts if the models are set up correctly), but the facts that

a) The EA modeler had no clear line about the ploycount... the buggy is so lowpoly that the wheels dont even appear round ingame , while most units are quite decent (tier3 units and KW units have even more polys).

b) EA allways resizes the unit textures, resulting in the lose of details and blury outlines for player colors (not to mention the dds compression)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon