Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Advanced GUI
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject:  Advanced GUI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want you to know that I am currently working on improvements on the GUI for the user.
If you have wishes what could be added or comments on stuff feel free to post.
At the moment it covers:
-Setting the GUI to use the RA3 or Tiberium Wars SDK with looking up the registry or manually input a SDK Folder (if you for example copied it for some reason like I did when I was forced to reinstall Windows a year ago)
-Setting a custom output folder for your mod. Users who don't want to get their My Documents folder going huge will like this.
-Split up build process into several sections (Apt, Art, Audio, Data, Maps and Language) to improve the time needed to compile if you only changed some little part.
-Added the ability to set the Mod version.
-Saves the custom SDK and mod folder, last built language, last used game and mod version to a text file to reload it at the next time you start the GUI.

Changes the directory structure for easy version management (like Tiberium Wars):
Modname
--Core
----Version
------Apt.big
------Art.big
------Audio.big
------Data.big
------Maps.big
------Misc.big
------Terrain.big
--Language
----Version
------Language.big
----Modname_Version.Skudef

Current work in progress screen of the GUI:

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool. The GUI modifications are beginning already. Very Happy

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh, nice to see. So that one now already supports TW too? Awesome.

Some suggestions:

• Add a "Beginner Mode" that hides some of the advanced features. Especially the Mod Core options will probably not make much sense to a beginner.
  • Split the settings tab into multiple tabs, it already seems a bit too much at first glance. For example, creating _M and _L as well as copying the str and creating the SkuDef will most likely never be toggled off by most people so it might be better to put them in a second settings tab. [Miscellaneous Tab]
  • Not sure if the settings are already attributed to a specific mod, but it'd be nice to be able to save/load (and perhaps share) a full configuration for every mod individually.
  • Might be a good idea to have an option to toggle the fragmented compiling on/off; some people might prefer to release their mod in a form as simple as possible.[Fragmented Compiling Tab]
  • Allow to change the order of fragmented compiling to speed up testing the Art and Audio.[Fragmented Compiling Tab]
  • Add the Option to use several str files which are then merged into mod.str automatically. I found this to be very helpful for TCs for TW.[Miscellaneous Tab]
  • Some people liked redefining the ART:, DATA: and AUDIO: tags for includes in TW, how about adding an option for this as well?[Miscellaneous Tab]
  • Likewise, it'd be nice to be able to change the paths for shaders, inis, videos etc.[Miscellaneous Tab]

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Golan wrote:
Some suggestions:
[list]
[*]Add a "Beginner Mode" that hides some of the advanced features. Especially the Mod Core options will probably not make much sense to a beginner.

That doesn't work. I would have to create another GUI mod for this.
Golan wrote:
[*]Split the settings tab into multiple tabs, it already seems a bit too much at first glance. For example, creating _M and _L as well as copying the str and creating the SkuDef will most likely never be toggled off by most people so it might be better to put them in a second settings tab. [Miscellaneous Tab]

That also doesn't work.
Golan wrote:
[*]Might be a good idea to have an option to toggle the fragmented compiling on/off; some people might prefer to release their mod in a form as simple as possible.[Fragmented Compiling Tab]

That also doesn't work. I would have to create another GUI mod for this.
Modding the GUI is very restricted...

For the other things: possible but I am not 100% sure if I implement them.

Also I would like to say that for now I will first finish the compatibility to Tiberium Wars and will leave out Red Alert 3 completely. At the moment there is no way to make patch streams (seems broken as it should be used in the default one but it doesn't work) so it would render most stuff in it useless.

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Making some final touch ups for the Tiberium Wars version. At the moment running the Asset Resolver is a bit tricky.

RA3SDK.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  349.34 KB
 Viewed:  7542 Time(s)

RA3SDK.jpg

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

samirabaza
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it seems a too late replay
does this tool work with ra3 sdk v3 or not
and if my mod AptUI contains fe_shared_mainmenulib folder will it compile the TGA edited or jusd ignore it to the original as the official sdk do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum