Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberium Essence 1.2 released!
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject:  Tiberium Essence 1.2 released!
Subject description: Not much new but most bugs fixed
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet, more awesomeness Smile

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Tiberium Essence 1.2 released! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... the Cobra still displays moving tread animations when you issue an attack order while the vehicle is moving... hasn't been fixed yet...

btw is it possible to increase the brightness of the Cobra's diffuse texture?

On afternoon maps the Cobra tends to look too dark. IMO if it were a shade of grey like the Flame Tank (see above pic for comparison) it should look better.

Another new issue that seems to have popped up is the dual energy bolts of the Banshee. Somehow they seem to appear mismatched. I wasn't sure at first since they shoot so quickly so I had to run a few fire tests:

a closeup:

The energy bolt fired from the left gun looks fine, the one on the right seems to look funny at the tip, as though the aura surrounding the tip was cut off. Anyway might wanna look into fixing it.

I also think the housecolour map on the Banshee shouldn't have colour on the pointy tips of the wings. Looks rather funny. Personally I think the wingtips look better as black rather than red.

Oh... and the banshee er... its portrait has a black border around it:

And last but not least for now... made this logo some time ago. You might have use for it

...hmm the thing on the Manta's tail is an Invader Fighter... never noticed...

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Hmm... the Cobra still displays moving tread animations when you issue an attack order while the vehicle is moving... hasn't been fixed yet...

btw is it possible to increase the brightness of the Cobra's diffuse texture?

I know, i put this aside for this time because i want to release version with fixed rifleman dig in ability soon as possible (that bug really bothered me)

Quote:
Another new issue that seems to have popped up is the dual energy bolts of the Banshee. Somehow they seem to appear mismatched. I wasn't sure at first since they shoot so quickly so I had to run a few fire tests:

This is actually very weird. It´s ok in my game. Check this picture i did before release. May i ask you of type your graphic adapter, my is nvidia 8800gt. (it should be ok on ati too i just do not understand what cause this problem)

ban_attack02.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.99 KB
 Viewed:  16508 Time(s)

ban_attack02.JPG

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh and thank you for logo, i can't promise i use though because one my friend promised do logo for my mod already, but if he fails i can use this one. If so i mention your name in credits.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use a 8800GTS

After further tests it seems that issue may have to do with the map rather than the unit's weapon...

Exactly as you did for your pic I tried the Banshee on Riverside Rumble map and both energy bolts are the same

Maybe there's something going on with that custom map I use for testing the mod content...

I've gone ahead and tried the Banshee on barstow Badlands map with mixed results... when I made the Banshee force fire on the ground, the bolts become mismatched:

But when I made them force fire on an uncaptured Mutant Hovel, the bolts are the same...

I then went back to my sandbox map to test out the force firing. I took 4 banshees and made them repeatedly force fire over and over. Most of the times, the bolts were still mismatched, however on certain occasions they were identical

This is definitely strange. Were there any specific things you might have done when you added that second energy bolt?

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is really strange Valdes but now I´m sure somethings is wrong on this model. I better rebuild this model until next version. Thank you for this research.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You might want to look into Ghost Stalker as well. I'm getting similar issues with the tip of his Railgun projectile

btw deviating off-course for a bit but I found this funny thing from the official boards:

And then

wipeout
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well it does make it look like a dino Smile wich looks nice #Tongue but its just a bit to much star wars way if u know what i mean #Tongue

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about a new mech actually? Replacing the mammoth tank or so...

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0warfighter0 wrote:

I think there's enough for GDI frankly.

The way GDI is right now in Essence, there's a lot of things packing a smoothbore gun. The Predator, Mammoth Tank and Titan are all purchasable, and there's considerable overlap between the first two in the combat chain.

IMO having the Titan exclusive to Mech Spearhead power might not actually be a bad thing.

As a unit available only from a reinforcement power, it is non mass-producible, which allows you to make the unit stronger than average, like for instance having far superior range to a MBT (thanks to the height of its gun) or self-repairing.

Right now the Titan is sort of like simply a stronger Predator that can't call for transport and leaves a husk when destroyed.

If however Carnius insists on keeping Titan as buildable from War Factory I could suggest Predator instead of upgrading to railguns, could upgrade to something else like a sonic turret (effectively becoming a Disruptor) that way in the late game it can be more distinct from the Titan plus also saves Carnius the trouble of making a Disruptor from scratch since he will only need to model a different Turret for the Predator.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I found this funny thing from the official boards:

What can I say Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:

Oh No, i never replace mammoth tank, its my favour cnc3 unit

Quote:
IMO having the Titan exclusive to Mech Spearhead power might not actually be a bad thing.

As a unit available only from a reinforcement power, it is non mass-producible, which allows you to make the unit stronger than average, like for instance having far superior range to a MBT (thanks to the height of its gun) or self-repairing.

Right now the Titan is sort of like simply a stronger Predator that can't call for transport and leaves a husk when destroyed.

There are too much people around which want titan buildable so i better keep him buildable coz I´m tired of theirs complains. But what about remove predator and put titan (without spawning husk) on tier 1? That could solve this problem too.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnius wrote:

Oh No, i never replace mammoth tank, its my favour cnc3 unit.

The predator tank then?

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnius wrote:
what about remove predator and put titan (without spawning husk) on tier 1? That could solve this problem too.

I'm fine with that although I think the husk should stay since it makes the Titan more unique.

Never really did like the Predator... weird (and oversized) tread design... I'm so glad TWA used a different Predator model (thank you Chronosheep!)...

My idea for Predator to upgrade a disruptor sonic turret rather than railguns was simply not to waste the Predator model, as unappealing as it might look.

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like direction where this mod heading. Mix of C&C3 and TS units works fine. I looking forward to see more TS FS units in future releases of this mod. Just keep going this way and don't let some stupid ideas of the others (like mammoth mk2 with two legs. What's next? maybe flying titans?) to ruin tiberium essence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon