Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:44 am
All times are UTC + 0
New Superweapon?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Delta
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject:  New Superweapon? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone, i have become a idea

I want to make a sidebarweapon and the attack a target and leave the map like Spyplane in yuri can i add new what i want and when yes HOW?

Thx for answer

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rolf., when I first looked at the OP I though "how typical" Laughing

Don't worry though, I'll help anyways Wink

I'm assuming, since you talk of attacking spyplanes, you mean you want an airstrike.

Well, there is such a logic in RP/NP

Quote:
Adding a new SpyPlane SW

The NP/RP allows you to add working clones of the SpyPlane, which can also be turned into Airstrikes.
This example adds a common Airstrike calling in 2 MIGs.
Head to the [SuperWeaponTypes] section and add your own SuperWeapon to the end of the list.

[SuperWeaponTypes]
XX=AirstrikeSpecial
The next step is creating the section for the new SuperWeapon.
Go to the place where the other SuperWeapons are defined (you don't have to, just to keep it well ordered) and add the following section:

[AirstrikeSpecial]
UIName=Name:Airstrike
Name=Airstrike
IsPowered=false
RechargeTime=4
Type=SpyPlane ; SpyPlane is the type for SpyPlane clones or Airstrikes
Action=NewSpyPlane ; check out the Adding custom Actions page to find out more about this
SidebarImage=AIRSTRIKEICON
ShowTimer=no
DisableableFromShell=no
FlashSidebarTabFrames=120
;New Tags
SpyPlane=BPLN ;incoming AircraftType, either the SpyPlane or the one performing an airstrike
SpyPlanesNum=2 ;amount of planes coming in
IsAirstrike=yes ;default is no; if no, it will be a usual SpyPlane
An airstrike plane can only attack once, then it flies out.
If the range of the attacking plane's weapon is below 2, it is possible that the plane flies out backwards.
A pure clone of the original would call 1 SPYP, with IsAirstrike=no, of course.

Download NP here.
Look around for RP (latest versions), I can't be bothered to search...

Of course, you could try to give the normal spyplane a weapon, although I haven't tried this before...

Lastly, lrn2spell.

Delta
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@MT, with this code comes 2 MIgs ingame but i dont choose a target where the planes should attack, with error are here?

@ another:

I come from austria and by my first thread i says that i am not so good at the english language.

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

see ppl? he turns out to be normal.

@Delta

You seem to be advanced enough to not need explanation Smile

Quote:
This is a really important note and that's why it goes first!

ALWAYS use custom Actions on custom SuperWeapons!

The original "unused" Actions, they do not cause Internal Errors. The reason for the Internal Errors caused by (most?) "unused" Actions is that they actually do have a function, even if that's a minor one! As soon as the AI uses it, it uses it "the wrong way" (or something like that), and you get that sweet little IE window!

Also important: Just like the original actions, every custom actions can only be used once in SuperWeapons, which shouldn't be a problem, since you can add enough of them...
But you can use action as attack cursor many times.More info

How to

First, create the following list section:

[MouseCursors]
NewPara=259,10,4,516,-1,12345,12345 ;example
The list works like this:

NewActionName=[StartFrame],[NumberOfFrames],[AnimationInterval],[MinimapFrame],[MinimapNumberOfFrames],[HotSpotX],[HotSpotY]

Maximum length of NewActionName is 32 chars.HotSpotX and HotSpotY can be "0", "12345", "54321".HotSpotX:
0 - Left
12345 - Center
54321 - Right

HotSpotY:
0 - Top
12345 - Center
54321 - Bottom

MinimapFrame can be "-1". It's means what no minimap cursor.

The frames are all related to the mouse.sha of course. Note that the frame numbers are zero-based.
The example above would create a new ParaDrop mouse pointer. You can add as many custom actions to that list as you like! After doing that, you can use your Action on any SuperWeapon:

Action=NewPara ;simply the name of a mouse pointer declared in [MouseCursors]NPatch AE Main page Last change: 28.05.07

Delta
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think i am to stupid to understand that what u want to say me, i dont have any idea sry but thx for help me

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no no, I should've explained.

Each superweapon needs an "action".
an "action" is what the cursor (mouse) turns into when you "aim" the superweapon.

Example would be the weather cloud you get when "aiming" the weather storm superweapon.

As said, you must use a custom action on the custom superweapon. Therefore, you must make a new action.

1. In XCC Mixer, find (find tool is Ctrl+F) "mouse.sha". Right-click and extract it to Ra2 directory.

2. Open it up with SHP Builder. Remember to always save it with compression 1 (no compression). To save in compression 1, go to the preferences.

Now go do the mousecursors stuff I quoted above, and make it the action of your SW.

Then, finally when your at the frames, open up the mouse.sha and find the beginning and end frames of the cursor animation you want to use. Subtract them by 1 (because its considered zero-based) and use the numbers in the "action", as mentioned in the my second post's quote.

Delta
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, with the slower actions i can learn, but in which file is the MouseCursors are listed?

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Create the list in rulesmd.ini, where your new superweapon is...

Delta
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so the codes are

[AirstrikeSpecial]
UIName=Name:Airstrike
Name=Airstrike
IsPowered=false
RechargeTime=4
Type=SpyPlane ; SpyPlane is the type for SpyPlane clones or Airstrikes
Action=NewPara ; check out the Adding custom Actions page to find out more about this
SidebarImage=AIRSTRIKEICON
ShowTimer=no
DisableableFromShell=no
FlashSidebarTabFrames=120
;New Tags
SpyPlane=BPLN ;incoming AircraftType, either the SpyPlane or the one performing an airstrike
SpyPlanesNum=2 ;amount of planes coming in
IsAirstrike=yes ;default is no; if no, it will be a usual SpyPlane

[MouseCursors]
NewPara=259,10,4,516,-1,12345,12345 ;example

[SuperWeaponTypes]
13=AirstrikeSpecial

what is wrong? i have rockpatch npatch installed

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
[SuperWeaponTypes]
13=AirstrikeSpecial

Don't add this straight in, but add it in the existing list
(1. find the existing section (search "SuperWeaponTypes" with ctrl+f).
2. Add it add the end of the numbered list.)

Delta
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

did u mean so?

[SuperWeaponTypes]
1=NukeSpecial
2=IronCurtainSpecial
3=LightningStormSpecial
4=ChronoSphereSpecial
5=ChronoWarpSpecial
6=ParaDropSpecial
7=AmericanParaDropSpecial
8=PsychicDominatorSpecial
9=SpyPlaneSpecial
10=GeneticConverterSpecial
11=ForceShieldSpecial
12=PsychicRevealSpecial
13=AirstrikeSpecial

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes

Delta
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But when i test it ingame, when i click on the SW i the cursor did not show, the airstrike comes and fly out of map but do not attack, whats wrong?

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, I'm not sure why this could be...
Are you sure you have NPatch (or the latest RockPatch) installed correctly?

Delta
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes i am first rockpatch and in the next step npatch.

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm, its one or the other, you shouldn't have both.

Uninstall them both (in case something was messed up), and reinstall the one you want. Personally I use NPatch, although some like RP better (because of VK's silly behaviour).

Delta
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok thx for the info now i must say good night, i post next hours a statement with npatch, thx for your help

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon