Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Broken Armor Powerup
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject:  Broken Armor Powerup
Subject description: A bug in original TS
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but I've been visiting it for a while.

Well thought that my first post here, should be the same of when I registered in TiberiumWeb.

Quote:
When I started modding I found that when I collected a armor powerup the unit didn't get the thicker selection box, it gets when it collects an attack or speed powerup.

I searched trought rules.ini and I found this:
[Powerups]
Armor=33,ARMOR,2.0 ; armor of nearby objects increased (armor multiplier)

And I thought, that this setting would modify the verses values of the weapon, when attacking the unit, but a bigger than 1 multiplier would cause that unit takes more damage form weapons. So I tested this ingame.

I set it to Armor=33,ARMOR,10.0, and set the shares of the other powerups to zero, so I could only get this powerup, I also increased the number of crates, so I could easly get them.

Ingame, I ordered a titan to get a crate, incredibly, it was an armor powerup //sarcasm biggrin.gif
then I attacked that Titan with other, the powerupped Titan died with one shot. I also attacke a non-powerupped Titan, it survived more than 1 shot, so infact, the powerupped Titan was weaker.

Then I returned to rules.ini and set the values to:
Armor=100,ARMOR,0.5 ;*; verses multiplier ; armor of nearby objects increased

Ingame I repeated the same steps, but I got different results as I've expected, the powerupped Titan died with twice the number of shots than the non-powerupped, I also saw that the selection box did change when a unit collected an armor powerup.

Finally, I apologise by such a large first post, but I must show proof of what I'm saying, so I posted the experimental procedure I followed.

Link to the full topic:
http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1135

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very interesting find, good job! I'm sure this'll come in handy for many people. Smile

Nice first post as well, welcome. Wink

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great find machine! I'll search for that in rules...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol quality game. #Tongue Does this bug still exist in RA2 and YR?

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TitanMarkII & gufu:
Thanks

@Desu:
AFAIK it doesn't exist anymore in RA2, since the way it works in them is different; being a divisor of damage; in TS it's a verses multiplier.
Razz

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
@TitanMarkII & gufu:
Thanks

@Desu:
AFAIK it doesn't exist anymore in RA2, since the way it works in them is different; being a divisor of damage; in TS it's a verses multiplier.
Razz

changing that in TSD now
you have my gratitude

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The powerups are all messed up. If you get the chemical missile in a goodie crate, you still get the cluster missile in your purchase bar. Nice find, though.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Yuri o07:
Well that's just a graphical issue, which can be corrected easily, since there is a cluster missile animation in the game. And also there's a lot of mod which use the chemical missile anim for the tiberium gas clouds "powerup" #Tongue

@Judeau:
Thanks

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice find , i haven't myself never spotted the selection box getting thicker.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
@Yuri o07:
Well that's just a graphical issue, which can be corrected easily, since there is a cluster missile animation in the game. And also there's a lot of mod which use the chemical missile anim for the tiberium gas clouds "powerup" #Tongue

I know that, but what I'd like to see is a chemical missile "power up", AFAIK there is no such thing in TS, although there is an animation for it...

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, this is exactly the problem with the RA rules.ini for the country specific advantages too.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

England and France's are broke and do the inverse, amirite?

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe so, yes.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it was Germany and France and they didn't work at all.

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work Machine. I forgot about how to fix that armor powerup crate in my TS:FS mod but I changed that VeteranArmor= to .25 at the top that is 1.0 in the unmodded game (in [General] section).

I also fixed that old Redalert 1 country bug several years ago in my own RA1 mod. Its England (Armor bug) and France (rate of Fire bug). Im my Redalert 1 mod I changed them to

[England]
Armor=0.85

[France]
ROF=0.85

Also in Redalert 1 the armor crate should have a number larger than 1.0 for units to gain armor.

DeeZire
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri o07 wrote:
what I'd like to see is a chemical missile "power up", AFAIK there is no such thing in TS, although there is an animation for it...

You're right, but a good compromise is to do what I did and give that animation to the 'Tiberium gas' crate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon