Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The First Decade fix
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [49 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:  The First Decade fix
Subject description: for all mods that use a modded TS 2.03
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Nyerguds on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:29 pm; edited 7 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds, I'll be mirroring this file here, in PPM.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, you do realize it's basically just a NoCD crack for mods, right? #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I replaced the file by a more universal version that doesn't check the filesize. I know some mods (like NCM Revolution) in which the exe doesn't have the same filesize because they replaced the icons by high-colour ones.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Heh, you do realize it's basically just a NoCD crack for mods, right?

I actually wanted to confirm that. In this case, I won't mirror it here, even if, at the moment, we don't have a better option for TFD users.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh, you DO realize that all EA did for TFD was apply a NoCD crack to TS, right? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same one used by so many people to play TS without CD. I only made this file because that crack does a CRC check, making it unusable for modded exe's.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought TS TFD requested the DVD. I know most of TFD games were cracked by EA crew.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS TFD and Gen/ZH TFD damn well need the CD. Capitalist assholes.

Atleast Ren doesnt.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No-cd for:
TS
RA2
YR
FS
Ren
TD

So EA did that? Man, that's awesome. Now i gotta re-install Renegade then. #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ow, I never realized TFD TS did need the TFD DVD... seeing as all files are on the hard disk anyway. I only ran it just after installing it, and my DVD was still in the reader then...

Still, you'll need this tool to run mods since they all use the original 2.03 and not the TFD one.
Though I could add a registry check that prevents it from running if TFD isn't installed, if that would make you feel better about it all.

Banshee: I already wrote W3bdevil a long email with things to keep in mind when writing part 2 of his review, about the 1.01 patch #Popcornsmile

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the patch Nyerguds

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
ow, I never realized TFD TS did need the TFD DVD... seeing as all files are on the hard disk anyway. I only ran it just after installing it, and my DVD was still in the reader then...

Still, you'll need this tool to run mods since they all use the original 2.03 and not the TFD one.
Though I could add a registry check that prevents it from running if TFD isn't installed, if that would make you feel better about it all.

Please, add the registry thing that prevents it from running if TFD isn't installed.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right. I added the registry check. If TFD TS is not installed it won't run.

The only small problem this adds is that it can't run from a read-only medium (like, if it's ever written to a CD) since it makes a temp file with the registry output at a certain point.

http://geocities.com/nyerguds/TFD/
tfd_ts203modfix.zip

[edit]
Fixed the read-only-medium bug by making the program put its temp file in the windows TEMP folder.

Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Problem!

If you've run the TFD Registry patch (To, say, fix the error where you can't use the XCC Mixer with the TFD games), this patch won't work anymore. Does anyone have the version that didn't check the registry?

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wtf? What business does that patch have writing in the actual TFD registry items?!?!? That patch should only fix the original TS reg items under /Westwood/, which my program doesn't even look at...

In fact, the reg entry my program checks is the same the TFD laucher checks to see if a program is installed.

I'll check it out ASAP.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee. 3.03? Its 2.0

I made 3.0, not WW.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was the one who made that mistake, Carno... and I fixed it now.

the RA1 3.03 patch just took much more time, so I still got the number stuck in my head #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right. Redfox, your registry claim doesn't seem to be reproducable on my PC... the reg variable checked is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Command and Conquer The First Decade\ts_folder

If it either doesn't exist or is empty, it won't work. So you NEED to have TFD TS installed before it works.
As I said, this is one of the parameters used by the startup program, so I can't imagine it suddenly be gone on your system...

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems Redfox McBeth's error was because of the dodgy method I used to read the registry. I'm using a more reliable method now. Hopefully this will stop problems like these from appearing again.

The Killer
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Nyerguds For The Fix

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no problem, I live to serve Very Happy

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh? Then where's the powerplants i requested, huh? #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made this before you requested that #Tongue

fresco
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

your patch doesn't work for me. I just reinstalled The First Decade (all the games!) but the patch keeps telling me that TS isn't installed!

The registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Command and Conquer The First Decade\ts_folder) exists and is not empty.

Can you help me?
Or can somebody upload the patched .exe for ROTD?

Thanks in advance.

Roderick Usher
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't get the TFD fix to work. It keeps telling me I need to insert a TS CD

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you using it in the executable dawn.exe that comes with Return Of The Dawn?

Roderick Usher
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. I used the installation guide made by Reaperrr and all the instructions from Nyerguds and it still isn't working right, unless I read the directions wrong.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you need to drop the dawn.exe file on the icon of the fix program.

Roderick Usher
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow, onto the icon. Ok, that worked. I thought you ran the fix program then dropped the dawn.exe into the comman prompt. Thanks, it works now

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol no... DOS windows don't work that way. You need to give a filename as argument to the program when STARTING, not afterwards.
In Windows the easiest way of doing that is dropping a file on the executable.

The hard (but easier to understand the logic) way would be to open a command prompt, go to the directory where the patch program is located and type

tfd_ts203modfix.exe "e:\westwood\TFD\Command & Conquer(tm) Tiberian Sun(tm)\SUN\dawn.exe"

^ That's basically the command that's executed when you drop the file on it.
(path of your TFD install may vary. That's where my TFD TS is though #Tongue )

Roderick Usher
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mine is pretty close to that. just get rid of the TFD\ and it's the same

sherlock
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: my little, tiny but so crucial problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, hi everybody
I have a little problem with this Fix: It's just not working, it always sais that TS is not installed (believe me it is). The reason might be that I installed TFD on a win 2k computer. Perhaps win 2k's registry works differently from the XP one, I don't know, but to me it is the only explaination. I followed the intallation instructions very carefully and checked every step, I even reinstalled the game and it's still not working.

Does anybody know if I am right with my conclusion or does anybody have another idea what the reason might be and how I can solve it?

thanks in advance for your answers

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, it's a known problem... it happens on some systems. I don't even think it's related to the OS. I'm working on a way to fix it, but it's probably just related to my PASCAL compiler.

I just recompiled it with an updated version of FreePascal. This MIGHT fix the problem...

tfd_ts203modfix.zip
 Description:
updated version. Seems to be about 7 times bigger in filesize (went from 30k to 210k), so I hope it's worth it...

Download
 Filename:  tfd_ts203modfix.zip
 Filesize:  61.23 KB
 Downloaded:  929 Time(s)

sherlock
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: my little, tiny but so crucial problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first of all thanks for the immediate answer

unfortunately it's still not working. I reinstalled the game again and took a look at the registry and recognized that there is no such entry. Well, however I made a screenshot just to show that I am not making something up.

I hope you or somebody else can help me.

thanks in advance for your answers

desktop.jpg
 Description:
my desktop
 Filesize:  160.08 KB
 Viewed:  60471 Time(s)

desktop.jpg

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I feel there might be language issues perhaps? I think this needs to left to Nyerguds to solve.

sherlock
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think it's a language issue because the language doesn't effect the way how an operating system handles its registry.

(I am stunned how fast you get useful answers in this forum. Thanks)

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
...The First Decade\RotD\SUN

Did you move/copy your SUN folder into a new RotD folder? If you did, then that may the problem. I can't see why you'd do it though. Put the folder back where it belongs!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL! Just seen that..Yea, put it back. =3

sherlock
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, this is how the installation instruction tells you to do. I also thought that this might be a problem and extracted the Mod directly into the Sun folder, where the game was originally installed, but it didn't change anything.

I think it's a registry problem. The registry entry ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Command and Conquer The First Decade\ts_folder ), which is necessary to run the fix just does not exist on my computer (take a look at the screenshot).

Last edited by sherlock on Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The registry items not existing is a very strange problem... I've been in contact with loads of people with a german TFD on the EA forum, and none of them ever mentioned a difference in these registry items. I think there's something wrong with your TFD installation if these reg entries don't exist, because I know for a FACT that the TFD launch menu NEEDS these registry items to work. It won't give a clickable button for the TS game if that registry item isn't there... that's why I made it check on that specific registry item in the first place.

sherlock... PM me and I'll give another solution.

sherlock
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the strange thing is I do not owe a German TFD I owe an English version (I personally always prefer English instead of German just because of the authenticity). Surprisingly the missing registry entry does not cause any problems, the game runs just fine.

Last edited by sherlock on Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm... Sherlock... I just realized, you're looking at the wrong folder in the registry. Go one level up and then look at the registry ITEMS in that folder, not the subfolders. Registry entries aren't displayed as subfolders. They're in the RIGHT side of the window, which you pretty much closed there. Pull it open and look at what's in there.

Anyway, the fact it can't read it is an issue with my compiler, which somehow makes the registry checking bit not work on other systems.

I KNOW the problem, and my brother said that the best way of fixing it is to get a better PASCAL compiler than FreePascal. Seems like just using an updated FreePascal wasn't good enough.

If anyone has any idea where I can get a better PASCAL compiler, please help me out here.

Feuer_Frei
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm having a similar problem where I cant install patches because it cant find the games in the registry, This would have happened when I reinstalled windows which wiped the registry. could someone post what the registry's suppose to look like so I can fix it. thx

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about just reinstalling the game? that should fix your registry....

Obelisk of Light
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: need help Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you need to drop the dawn.exe file on the icon of the fix program.

what do mean by drop dawn file on the icon of the fix program?
heres my directory c:/program files/EA games/C&C TFD/C&C TS/SUN/dawn.exe
i dragged the dawn.exe file on top of the patch program and made the dawn file run with the patch program, but i get error: this is not a valid TS 2.03 exe file

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

um.. then you must have dropped the wrong file onto it...

if you don't know how to drag and drop...

-hold mouse over dawn.exe
-click and hold down your mouse
-keep the mouse button down, and move your mouse over the name or icon of the patch program
-release the mouse button

Obelisk of Light
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have 2 more questions 2 ask, ur patch only works 4 exe files, and wuts the name of the file do i have 2 drop onto ur program if i dropped the wrong file onto it

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u ned 2 lern 2 spk Englsh, d00d

---

It only works for the Tiberian Sun 2.03 "game.exe" file, or edited versions of it.

ROTD's "dawn.exe" is an edited TS 2.03 "game.exe" file, so that is the file you need to patch.

dragdrop.gif
 Description:
instructions <_<
 Filesize:  81.42 KB
 Viewed:  56703 Time(s)

dragdrop.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [49 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon