Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
[TD] Blank Icons Pack
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject:  [TD] Blank Icons Pack
Subject description: C&C95 sidebar icons without text
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have created this icon pack as a spin-off from my localization attempts, and thought maybe someone might have use for them. I think they're quite nice Wink I have tried to make them look as closely to the original ones as possible.

The updated pack contains SHPs for both temperate/winter and desert theater palettes.

c&c95_blank_icons.rar
 Description:
The new pack contains icons for all terrain palettes.

Download
 Filename:  c&c95_blank_icons.rar
 Filesize:  167.02 KB
 Downloaded:  482 Time(s)

Last edited by MrFlibble on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:25 pm; edited 6 times in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heyy.. these ARE quite nice Smile

I thought it was just going to be the German icons... where they just put grey paint over the names to hide the fact they didn't make German icons. But these are nice Smile

I once made a little icons pack with nicer icons for C&C...

perhaps I should release these ^_^

I also have a number of blank icons from a beta RA1 screenshot... there's not even a darker line on them Smile

Last edited by Nyerguds on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

these are nice ones! I like them, though, I have no use for them.

@Nyerguds: can you show me the beta pictures, or an URL leading to them? I'd like to see if they are something I haven't seen before.

or, I can also try googling!

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
heyy.. these ARE quite nice Smile

I thought it was just going to be the German icons... where they just put grey paint over the names to hide the fact they didn't make German icons. But these are nice Smile

I once made a little icons pack with nicer icons for C&C...

perhaps I should release these ^_^

I also have a number of blank icons from a beta RA1 screenshot... there's not even a darker line on them Smile

Actually..uh..Nyer, what in gods name is the Construction yard one for? I mean, its not like you actually build a Construction yard. Laughing

Otherwise, definatly useful these are to those that want the original SHP Icons, but I think we already have those somewhere don't we?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same for the Cargo Plane, MHQ and gunboat... I just felt like giving em icons #Tongue

About the CY icon.. well it's in fact a recoloring of the ORIGINAL construction Yard icon, which was in the manual PDF as greyscale image.

It had just the word "construction" on it though, so I changed that.

@Yuri 06: check these out #Tongue

The pic without text on the icons can be found here:
http://www.tibcom.com/cgi-bin/showit?pic=red3.gif&ver=1
it's even a .gif file, so no blurring either Smile
Also recovered from the collection there... beta RA LST icon:

Von Kriplespac wrote:
Otherwise, definatly useful these are to those that want the original SHP Icons, but I think we already have those somewhere don't we?

I could give the Germans REAL icons with this pack Smile

Last edited by Nyerguds on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds, your icons are really good Smile I have seen the Const. Yard icon somewhere inside Renegade's always.dat file, although the text (presumably "CONSTRUCTION") was filled out with grey paint.

I used some of the RA icons (including the blank ones found on the screenshot you were referring to) while reconstructing the corresponding TD ones, taking the advantage of the fact that the text in TD is placed higher than in RA due to a one-pixel gap between the icon's border and the text line.

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey nice icons, there great!.....and cool Cool

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whoah! thankzzz Nyerguds, this just gave me an idea to remake RA1!!! Surprised

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh, I just forgot to mention that these icons won't work with desert terrain, I was too lazy to convert them from temperate to desert, it's a hell lot of boring work. But I can do it if someone really needs them and can't manage himself.

Also, I may probably release some of the icons that were further polished using RA and german RA icon data for background reconstruction.

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a small update. All 10 icons were improved in a way, but special attention should be paid to the Commando, as I have found out that the original Commando icons found in tempicnh.mix and winticnh.mix are using the desert.pal palette and thus appear somewhat corrupted in-game. I just converted the desert variant to temperate/winter palette, and it seems to look okay Smile

BTW, where can I have a look at those notorious German icons?

EDIT: Attachment removed, see my first post for the updated version.

Last edited by MrFlibble on Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Major Update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here it comes, all icons in one bundle. Following the "better than the original" directive, I gave the icons some cleaning/extending, so that they all look better. Older versions of the pack are removed, and the update is downloadable from my first post. Enjoy!

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Yet another big update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well ladies and gentlemen, here's the big one. I have thoroughly reworked almost all of the icons using images taken from the original game manual (generously provided by Nyerguds and available here). Due to this fact some of the icons' backgrounds are reconstructed with up to 95% percent accuracy Cool Apart from that, I have included three bonus icons that I have made in the process, which are: the construction yard icon, taken from the C&C Renegade always.dat, some background restored using the image from the manual; the repair facility icon with the Nod logo on it, like on the pic from the manual; and finally, a slightly different flame tank icon.

Check the first post for the updated pack and a new preview image.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know, if you could also make these useable for RA2 without editing, you'd be great Smile

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: [TD] Blank Icon Set Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MrFlibble wrote:
and thought maybe someone might have use for them. I think they're quite nice

wow, are you kidding? these old cameos are perfect and were severely missed by me!! Very Happy . thanks for uploading these!

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats some fabulous work with these, they look fantastic.
Well done and thank you!

NiGhtPiSH
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

W00t they look absolutely awesome. Way better than the original ones.

And Gosho you need 2 things OsSHPBuilder and 1 minute time to make it RA2 like Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. They're loads better.

But, anyways.. what's that grey thing on the left side Comm Center cameo? A tree?

"Banned" RP here

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
But, anyways.. what's that grey thing on the left side Comm Center cameo? A tree?

Yeah that's a tree.

For other images, go to CnC 10th Anniversary Gallery

HQ.gif
 Description:
Image from the original DOS game manual (taken from the Gallery)
 Filesize:  75.41 KB
 Viewed:  10210 Time(s)

HQ.gif

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh.

Looked pretty weird, tho.

"Banned" RP here

NiGhtPiSH
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wierd but cool :]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject:  Update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have finally made the desert palette versions of the icons, and updated the pack accordingly. Also, I've added another icon to the pack, an earlier version of the Advanced Guard Tower icon which I found among the Sole Survivor files.

(The old AGT icon's on the left.)

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
finally
Your telling me

i like the Advanced Guard Tower quite a lot and that air strike/air raid cool

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably the AGT icon got edited because the devs thought it was blending with the backgrond too much. So they "removed" he rock on the left and gave the tower a bluish outline on the right.

As for the Air Raid icon, I have no idea how it got there. The superweapon is called "Air Strike" and EVA clearly spells it so. Must be some kind of mistake. All the old icons were taken from the Sole Survivor files, BTW.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!