Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
YR Online problem
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:  YR Online problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my house, we have two computers with same IP adress and same CD-Key.
I can play online fine, but not the other computer.
If he goes to Internet and then Custom Match, it says, "Make sure you are connected" and when we click on network(with Gamespy arcade), we cant se eachothers. Why?

I have tried to re-install both RA2 and YR, he is using RA 1.006, YR 1.001 and RockPatch 1.08 SE.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...let's see...if two people with the same body and the same name chatted you up, would you be able to tell them apart?

Seriously man...you said yourself they look the same. You can't play multiplayer with a single version - and as far as the game (or XWIS) is concerned, there is only one - the one with your IP, and your CD-key.

And even if you managed to convince the server to accept the same IP twice (I think I've done that before, the whole house is behind a router), you wouldn't be able to play from two versions with the same IP. EULA says so.

Same goes for network. IPX not-see issues are usually a question of target network, check your advanced network options (ignore all the dumbass "just set it to 0000" tutorials and simply select the correct network adapter and correct network). But, like I said - even if you see each other, you can't play without a second CD-key - 'cause no matter how licensed your first installation is, the second one is definately unlicensed.

One last thing: All of this was quite obvious, a no-brainer, and common knowledge. I just replied 'cause I'm bored and have nothing better to do. So next time, search before you post. And think, too.

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Seriously man...you said yourself they look the same. You can't play multiplayer with a single version - and as far as the game (or XWIS) is concerned, there is only one - the one with your IP, and your CD-key.

thats false, i have played many times with same CD-Key and same IP, it works

The problem is that the dam game dont think he is connected I think, here is it was it says on "Optiopns" -> "Network"(se pic)
But om my PC, it sayd XWIS Server something, dont rembemer
(If i misunderstand you, dont blame me, i am no english speaker)

Error.PNG
 Description:
Error PC
 Filesize:  226.43 KB
 Viewed:  5415 Time(s)

Error.PNG

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gaffel wrote:
thats false, i have played many times with same CD-Key and same IP, it works

At the same time? Together, in the same game?
With an original version of the game? TFD or not?

Gaffel wrote:
The problem is that the dam game dont think he is connected I think, here is it was it says on "Optiopns" -> "Network"(se pic)
But om my PC, it sayd XWIS Server something, dont rembemer
(If i misunderstand you, dont blame me, i am no english speaker)

When you said "with same IP adress", did you mean a routed network with the router carrying the WAN IP, as I assumed, or do these machines actually use the same LAN IP?
Are both able to connect to other internet services?

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade wrote:
or do these machines actually use the same LAN IP?

That's impossible. No configuration would ever allow it. No OS allows it either.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait, why is he showing the LAN configuration if he's specifically playing it over the net?

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade we are not using same IP(my bad), we are using same DNS, and smae connection, the IP looks almost the same, but still, WHY DOES IT NOT WORK?!?!?!?

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Time to iron this problem out.

What are you trying to do?
1. Play RA2 online. (XWIS)
2. Play RA2 on a LAN.

1: If you are trying to play online with the same connection, the LAN Settings dialog has nothing to with it. Playing online with the same connection and the same CD-Key DOES NOT WORK.

2: If you are trying to play on a LAN, then all you have to do is select the correct Network Card in the LAN Settings dialog. For this to work under Windows XP, you must make sure that you LAN connection has the IPX Protocol installed. (Note: This protocol is NOT installed by default.)

Search online for tutorials on how to setup IPX in Windows XP.

A note to clear up the confusion in here: Gaffel thinks 'online' is LAN. It's the only reason he'd show the LAN Settings. @Gaffel, "online" is not LAN. Your LAN does not have a DNS. What you need, is an IPX tutorial. LAN games with both clients using the same CD-Key do function properly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
What are you trying to do?
1. Play RA2 online. (XWIS)
2. Play RA2 on a LAN.

1? I wanna play with gamespy arcade

Quote:
Search online for tutorials on how to setup IPX in Windows XP.

I found this:
http://www.enigmasoftwaredevelopments.com/ipx.html
I did exact as they did on both computer

Then i tested, STILL dont work #Cussing out #Cussing out Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The two computers arent connected to eachother, but both network cabels go to the same hub

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wrote:
Playing online with the same connection and the same CD-Key DOES NOT WORK.

You completely missed this. Which means you didn't read all of my post, or ignored the parts you didn't like. I can't help you if you don't listen.

/me leaves.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
Renegade wrote:
or do these machines actually use the same LAN IP?

That's impossible. No configuration would ever allow it. No OS allows it either.

That is basically what I ment...if he had set both computers to the same IP manually, and then tried to connect stuff, nothing would have worked - explaining his problems...
But since, obviously, online == LAN and IP == network card ID for him, I'm not actually surprised he fucked it all up. That's what happens when people have no idea what they're doing. (Coincidently, that's also the reason we have Microsoft Windows and religions.)

Now, back to Falaffel:
First of all, notice how IcySon55, too, tells you playing with the same CD-key ain't possible. (Just for the record.) Then, you should get this godforsaken "gamespy arcade" out of your head. You can either play online, via XWIS, or LAN, via standard IPX protocolled network multiplayer². Forget everything else. Then turn your brain on and think very hard about what you are trying to do: Are these two computers you want to use locally connected in some kind of way? (Hub, Switch, Router, WLAN AP?) Do you want only these two computers to take part in the game? Then you want network, LAN multiplayer, not "online". Or is the second computer you want to play with somewhere else, not in close proximity to you, or you want other people to be able to join, too? Then you want internet, XWIS, "online" multiplayer.

Think about which one you want. Long. Then think again and make sure you thought correctly. Then tell us what you want and what you did exactly to achieve it. Then we might be able to help you.

And then, when everything is set up, smash your computer(s) into pieces 'cause we were right all along, and you can't play with only one CD-key.

Oh, and quit the angry routine. It ain't the internet's fault you have no idea what you're doing.

² Technically, he could also play LAN online via VPN, but, come on...he can't even get an actual LAN to run...

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forget this lan thing and play online with same cd key(we are not using same but still dont work).
I deleted my account to create a new one, and with the new account, i could not connect to the "Custom Match" servers, the error messege sayd that I am not connected, have all this to do with accounts and WW? How about someone of you try this

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about you actually do what we say if you want our help?
- First of all, "Forget this lan thing and play online with same cd key." is not an answer to my question, but actually an imperative. So the only thing I can say to that is "No, why should I?".
- Then, you obviously experience the same error with two entirely independent accounts, and still try to blame it on the account system, even though...
- ...the accounts work fine in what they should do (hold your data), and the error is actually related to your connection. But hey, it's totally normal for server-side saved accounts to interfere with your internet connection, isn't it? </sarcasm>
- Also, you again display a total lack of understanding of what you are actually doing - Westwood has been dead for years. Despite the fact that the claim Westwood might be jamming your connection is totally ridiculous, it would be absolutely impossible for them to do that - they don't exist anymore and they do not operate the online servers. Olaf and the Strike Team do. And, believe me, they've got better things to do than disconnecting some random n00b from the server.
- "How about someone of you try this" - yes. Smart idea. How about we test whether or not we get disconnected when using your internet connection? *shakes head* Since you seem to be kinda slow in the head, I'll spell it out for you: Either it's a general problem, then no user was able to play on XWIS for two days, which I assume has been noticed by now, or it is only you, in which case our report "no problems for me" helps you nothing.

From what I interpreted out of your crazy ADD gibberish so far, for some reason, your connection to XWIS gets disrupted. You can either answer my/our questions, and we can all try to fix it, or you can continue posting your bullshit, and will never be able to play online again. Your choice. But don't think we'll spend the rest of the week sitting here and waiting for you to help us help you.
Let us help you now, or let us be in peace. No middle way.

Last edited by Renegade on Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank for trying to help Renegade, but it suddenly started to work, me and my brother can play on XWIS server now with the same cd key, the problem was not me, it was XWIS, sorry about the topic but i did not know that until now

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon