Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am
All times are UTC + 0
DaFool's Civ3 -> .shp method
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject:  DaFool's Civ3 -> .shp method Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is probably horribly inefficent to Suiseiseki's, but I'll post it up anyways. Here's what you need:

Flicster (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5860)
XCC Mixer (http://xhp.xwis.net/utilities/XCC_Utilities.exe)
OS SHP Builder (http://www.ppmsite.com/downloads/InstallOSSHPBuilder3.36.exe)

You will also of course, need a civ3 unit animation. You can get them either with your copy of civ3 (naturally) or with through a fan site. The largest collection can be found at civfanatics (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=23)

First a word o the civ3 graphics. Civ3 stores it's graphics in a the ".flc" format. Each animation is in it's own seperate file, with each file facing the animation for each direction. The file comes with a bunch of palettes, and most have different sizes from one another for the frame.

Step 1, Setting Up
Now, done to buisness. The first thing you want to do is to create a folder to hold all the graphics you convert. My folder is called "tempie" and I leave it right on the desktop. Now, open up Flicster and open up all the unit animations that you want to convert. Most units have 7 animations, they are:

Default (you only need 1 frame)
Run (usually 10 frames)
Fidget (Usually 15 frames)
Attack (sometimes there is attackA and attackB) (Usually 15 or 20 frames)
Death (Usually 15 frames)
Victory (Usually 15 frames)

Open them all up with the exception of fortify (this is if you don't want the unit to have a deploy animation). Arrange all 6 windows on you screen so you can see all of them at once.

Step 2, The Settings[u]
This is a very important step, and if you mess up you will have to go back to here. For each window, go to the [u]export tab
. You will see the following settings, and change them to the following settings:

Export Type -> Change to "Individual Cel PCXs"

Frame Size -> Look at the size of all the anims, and choose the largest one. Change the frame size to match the largest width and hieght.

Frame Count -> Ignore

Palette -> Change to "CivColor1" (This changes the remap to red)

Frame Delay -> Ignore

Base File Name -> Ignore

Output Directory -> Navigate to your temp folder.

Once all the windows have the same settings, export them all. You may now close Flicster

Step 3, Conversion
All of the animations should now be properly converted and in the same frame size and in you temporary folder in the ".pcx" format. **If you have a batch file renamer, you could probably just rename the files and then convert them directly**. However, I do not have a batch file renamer, so I will show you my method. Open up XCC Mixer and navigate to the folder where all of your .PCX's are. Minimize the program. Now Open up OS SHP Builder and create a new .shp. The setting should be 506 frames, and the hieght and width should match whatever size you exported the frames as (If you are unsure, look at the dimensions of the frames in XCC Mixer).

Here is where the fun starts. Select XCC Mixer and find where the first image of the default animation is, and then slect the one facing north. Copy it (crtl+c) and then open up SHP builder. Paste it (ctrl+v). It should fit perfectly in the frame. **Note Well: If you are converting an infantry, the facings should go in the the following order: North, Northwest, West, Southwest, South, Southeast, East, Northeast, or couterclockwise. They go clockwise if you are converting a vehicle.** So from here foward, you just go back and forth copying the frames over. Make sure you only get 1 frame per direction for default, and you only need 1 direction set for fidget, death, and victory (usually south, SE, or SW). After you have done a few conversion, you should be able to copy and paste at a fairly quick rate.

Step 4, Finishing Touches
After you have converted all the animations, you should have used all 253 frames. If there are extra ones at the end, you probably missed a frame for an animation. If not, you got to do some touching up. You can delete all the files in the temporary folder.

a)first select the eye dropper and select the pink background. use the color conversion tool to change that to colour number 0 (blue background). Next use the same method to change the shadow to color number 12 (black). If you wish, after you have done this you can convert the shadow to TS shadows by tools>misc tools>convert shadow

b)select the grid tool to show the grid over the frames. Ideally you want the guy to stand on the top X the the two lines make. Use you judgemean and use the frame resize tool under edit resize the frame until the guy is standing where you want him. (add pixels in the opposite direction you want him to go)

c)now you have to fix up the remap. even though we chose the red remap, the red civ3 uses is still different from the reds that we use. Open up the color converter, and select all the reds that aren't in the remap section. (colours #6,8,200,201,202,203,249,250. Also, select the orange colors of 188,189,190,191) then match them up with a remap red that matches them the closest. Once you hit ok, you should be done!

d)You may wish to resize them to make them fit it with the TS or YR infantry. For YR, I suggest resizing them 77% and for TS I suggest 58%.

Step 6, It's up to you
So you now have your civ3 unit in proper .shp format, the rest is up to you!

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey...why don´t write a batchfile?
makes things a lot easier ^^

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tutorials ? wrong post?

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Step 4, Finishing Touches

Step 6, It's up to you

Something feels missing...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

step 6 implies to actually modding the unit into the game, which is up to you. Besides, step 5 is overrated.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
step 5 is overrated.

So is all the Civ3 junk you keep ripping.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why come in and be a prick like that? Go spam somewhere else.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehmm, Icy, I dunno if you have seen the discussion lately here, but DaFool is trying to keep the community alive by supplying stuff Wink

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're available resources, not all of us have the ability to create the quality you do icy, to be honest some of these units are good quality.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
why come in and be a prick like that?

Someone's gotta tell it like it is. If not me, eventually someone else would. DCoder, for example.

Straight asset rips from games who's company, Take Two, is not dead isn't condoned by Banshee at PPM... but I guess he changed his mind. Anyone can post warez now since the site has been so dead, Banshee posted these rips on the front page.

Dutchygamer wrote:
DaFool is trying to keep the community alive by supplying stuff

I highly doubt a bunch of "stuff" is going to change anything around here.

Lt AlbrechtA wrote:
They're available resources

Which should be used for Civ3 or other Take Two Interactive games. Not in WW/EA games. Project Revolution (A Starcraft TC for Warcraft 3) was allowed to continue because the assets and the mod were both from and for Blizzard games. A similar mod built in Generals was killed by Blizzard. Same idea here. Leave the Civ3 junk in the Civ3 community.

Lt AlbrechtA wrote:
not all of us have the ability to create the quality you do icy

What? You think I was born with a computer and 3D Studio knowledge? Anyone who puts the effort in can learn to do what I do. But that's just it, this community lacks effort.

I bet someone will try to play the "Taktics is the same" card, but then they'd just be wrong simply because we don't rip graphics from the games. They are the base, but we create them all ourselves from texture to model to animation.

If you don't like this message, tough luck. You'll live.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I'm going to play the "I tried" card. I gave it my best shot, I spent my time on trying to model and all I got out was some crap made of disjointed primitives and a hatred of 3d, yeah... Everyone can learn.

Their limits.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
No, I'm going to play the "I tried" card. I gave it my best shot, I spent my time on trying to model and all I got out was some crap made of disjointed primitives and a hatred of 3d, yeah... Everyone can learn.

Their limits.

Neutral

Get out. If you spend time on it you can learn it. Don't make excuses, just do it.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did, I learned to voxel, to ini code, I learned how to space cataclysmic wars to allow the regrowth of the population of people of fighting age and repairing of economic damage. Hell, I even learned not to piss off a large amount of people. I try what I can, I don't always succeed, I climbed vulcano in italy without stopping using my own two feet. Those are things I am capable of, I tried and I succeeded. Not everything is possible, I can't fly, I can't move objects with just my mind, hell, I can't do a lot of things.

I'm human, I do what I can. I'm not perfect, I'm not a superman, nobody can do everything. I bet there are things even Icy can't do, just like he can't do those, I can't make 3d models that aren't shite. The fact is just like some people can't play sports to high levels, I can't 3d model to high levels. It's not as if I can't walk or talk or feed myself, I just can't manipulate polygons and primitives in 3d space to a level that is seen as "good" by those around me.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
I bet there are things even Icy can't do

You're right. I can't make music. That doesn't mean I go around copying bits and pieces from other people's music, smash them together and call it my own. That would sound like shit, and the original authors wouldn't like it. Sadly, that's what's happening here... Confused

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's no need to be so serious here, Icy #Tongue Perhaps DaFool had thought that the Civ3 units would..."appeal/look nice/whatever" to members modding here, so he made this tutorial.

Don't quote me on this though, I don't have any idea.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
DaFool wrote:
why come in and be a prick like that?

Someone's gotta tell it like it is. If not me, eventually someone else would. DCoder, for example.

Straight asset rips from games who's company, Take Two, is not dead isn't condoned by Banshee at PPM... but I guess he changed his mind. Anyone can post warez now since the site has been so dead, Banshee posted these rips on the front page.

This is not warez. This is ripping assets from other games and posting the SHP version of them. People did this kind of thing with Starcraft, Half Life and god knows how many other games on many C&C resource sites (includes PPM) and on many mods as well.

You are not able to play Civilization 3 with the resources he posted here. He did not distribute the game files or serial keys or whatever crack to play the game.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually that's a fair point, there's those HL1 Anims, the HL1 human soldier the "Converted Starcraft Doodads", those animals from Zoo tycoon, those converted Sudden Strike houses, none of them allow you to play those games or even recreate them. Although the "distributing part" thingy in EULAS might cover this...

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
People did this kind of thing with Starcraft, Half Life and god knows how many other games

Yes, and all of them are crap.

Last edited by IcySon55 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If they are crap or not, it's a different business #Tongue.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo icyson55...did you just say that we lack effort...yes I do ask a few dum things here and there but your pushing it now.

We do have other things to do you know...I still have to get laid(very important!!!),it depends on how interested you are in whatever you do. If you like 3D modeling for example like im starting to like it, then you'll get better, which i think I am, to a certain degree.

You are way too serious, and plus this is just conversions, I personally don't like/wont use conversions but you cant use these in the original and Dafool's not crackin nothing....He's not making any money from this nor is he defacing anything. Infact I would be glad to see my work being converted for another mod if I was Take Two.

If Take Two get pissed off, I doubt the'll get all rapist on DaFool. Then conversions from other non CnC games will probably end.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

L()KI wrote:
Yo icyson55...did you just say that we lack effort...yes I do ask a few dum things here and there but your pushing it now.

Let it be known, that anyone with talent, that is producing something decent, is not part of the effortless shmoe group.

L()KI wrote:
We do have other things to do you know...I still have to get laid(very important!!!),it depends on how interested you are in whatever you do. If you like 3D modeling for example like im starting to like it, then you'll get better, which i think I am, to a certain degree.

If you're not able to produce something decent. Don't start releasing garbage. Simply stop. Just don't.

L()KI wrote:
You are way too serious, and plus this is just conversions, I personally don't like/wont use conversions but you cant use these in the original and Dafool's not crackin nothing....He's not making any money from this nor is he defacing anything. Infact I would be glad to see my work being converted for another mod if I was Take Two.

Serious? Naw, this is mostly jokes.

L()KI wrote:
If Take Two get pissed off, I doubt the'll get all rapist on DaFool. Then conversions from other non CnC games will probably end.

I hope conversions of garbage end. It'd be great.

Last edited by IcySon55 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're inviting the Apocalypse there, Icy.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Icy get rid of ur bad attitude, clearly the community is against you on this one. Like banshee said this is simply converting a few image files accross, woopty do, there are some WW RA2 vxls converted to Civ3 image files for download on the civ files site, so clearly they have already opened the door. Besides I've started to convert some fan made images over (with permission) using this technique and that doesn't breach any copyrights, so the technique is useful even if you dont grab the origional games files.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL!

Since when are you the community.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was refering to the posts above, get rid of ur superior attitude kid, just because someone has a different opinion doesn't give you the right to speak like crap to them Rolling Eyes .

Now back ontopic, dafool I was wondering if the default animations that are in civ 3 will work as a shp (refering to ships), don't vehicles only get 1 animation per angle for stationary views or can you set it to play animations like infantry?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The goal of what I am doing is to do something positive for the community. You (Icy) come in and criticize it, call it overrated crap, and basically shit all over what I have done, for no apparent reason. Then, several members of the community come in and support what I have done. Far be it from me to count, but I think there are more people in this thread who are in support of what I have done than those who are against it (namely you). I believe the community is a group of people as oppose to your one person...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
Cameo=T34ICON
Voxel=no
StartStandFrame=0
Facings=8
Remapable=yes
WalkFrames=15
StartWalkFrame=8
FiringFrames=20
StartFiringFrame=128

This is how the vehicle setup is like. I have never tried having more than 1 standing (default) frames, mainly because all they do is sway slightly back and forth, and secondly it's too much effort to do the extra 9-14 frames per direction. The problem with civ vehicles is that their turret can't be made to spin, so it always has to face it's target. Ships works the same way as vehicles.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i suspected as much, fortuently I'm looking at the ticonderoga missile cruiser, so it dont need a turret since the missiles come out of the hull Very Happy

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
i suspected as much, fortuently I'm looking at the ticonderoga missile cruiser, so it dont need a turret since the missiles come out of the hull Very Happy

I wonder if it has a seperate missile animation/thingy?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Icy is free to say what he thinks about converting stuff from games.

I don't like it personally, but frankly, unless we have 4892348713487843 new 3d master members I don't really see a problem with converted stuff.

(Realistic warfare stuff all looks like each other anyway, hence why I don't like it.)

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyways....I have a feeling I might need to use this tutorial when things get dicey with Parallel wars....not yet tho.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
get rid of ur superior attitude kid

Kid? ...and no.

Rico wrote:
just because someone has a different opinion doesn't give you the right to speak like crap to them

This isn't an opinion. It's garbage that should be stopped. DaFool isn't stating his opinion, he's posting converted junk.

DaFool wrote:
The goal of what I am doing is to do something positive for the community.

How is converting junk from other games positive? Just because you're bringing "new" shps into the community, doesn't mean it's a good thing. Maybe if they were actually new...you know, made by you?

DaFool wrote:
Then, several members of the community come in and support what I have done. Far be it from me to count, but I think there are more people in this thread who are in support of what I have done than those who are against it (namely you).

Those that support my view point, no longer visit PPM for reasons that include this kind of crap. They got tired of the lame conversions, balance mods, and other junk.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
Rico wrote:
get rid of ur superior attitude kid

Kid? ...and no.

Rico wrote:
just because someone has a different opinion doesn't give you the right to speak like crap to them

This isn't an opinion. It's garbage that should be stopped. DaFool isn't stating his opinion, he's posting converted junk.

DaFool wrote:
The goal of what I am doing is to do something positive for the community.

How is converting junk from other games positive? Just because you're bringing "new" shps into the community, doesn't mean it's a good thing. Maybe if they were actually new...you know, made by you?

DaFool wrote:
Then, several members of the community come in and support what I have done. Far be it from me to count, but I think there are more people in this thread who are in support of what I have done than those who are against it (namely you).

Those that support my view point, no longer visit PPM for reasons that include this kind of crap. They got tired of the lame conversions, balance mods, and other junk.

well I dont like the conversations from CIV3, but I am not going to hate on DaFool, he can convert to shp,some like it and it wont hurt anyone.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't feed the trolls.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Icy, please, tone down your attitude.

A way to improve the community and increase the amount of talented people is to be opened to newbies or those who are learning to mod, create graphics or even edit "junk converted" from other games, if you wanna use these terms.

And also, we have space for advanced modding discussion as well as the presence of talented people helping other talented people. So, we have a bit of both here.

So, honestly, the "garbage" posted here may annoy you, but it also helps newbie modders or even those with good pixel editing skills. If it annoys you, don't waste your time looking at it. Nobody forces you to do it. Instead of doing that, focus on what really matters to you Wink.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortuently shp's are far few made and generally (not always) lower quality then a vxl made by the community, and its simply because it's not so easy and requires 3d knowledge. The few that can do it are generally gobbled up by the 2 or 3 major mods, so for the rest of us that leaves us next to nothing. So to be frank anything that adds more shps for people to work with is a good thing, after all its just pixels on a monitor, as long as they look like what the modder calls them and look alright I dont see the problem. If you dont like it that much, then either find more people that can create shp's for the community or else ignore it like Banshee said. This aint exactly my favoriate way to get shp's but since there is nearly no other I will take what I can get, but thats me Smile

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

even more evil than converting stuff from other games is to try to copy stuff from childish consolegames...

i say go dafool! it´s really good what you are doing...

don´t listen to icy...
he is like yotta/univeral/DDD...just a bit more talented...other than that he´s the one who has no life...

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^^^^ word

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah... But universal has an Encyclopedia Dramatica page #Tongue

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Yeah... But universal has an Encyclopedia Dramatica page #Tongue

I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at that page. Ah god. It was epic.

For the record, I agree with Icy on this issue. Conversions from other games don't lend themselves well to this game, and it really is unusable junk unless you're making a TC. >_>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not really, downsized to TS scale the Bazooka guy makes quite a good rocket infantry.

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
copy stuff from childish consolegames...

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
even more evil than converting stuff from other games is to try to copy stuff from childish consolegames...

You don't like Mario games, and class them as "childish". That's your opinion, as are the messages I've posted.

I can say the same thing:
IcySon55 wrote:
even more evil than converting stuff from other games is to try to rehash World War 2 again using stuff from other games...

I don't see this junk fitting in anywhere else.

raminator wrote:
don´t listen to icy...
he is like yotta/univeral/DDD...just a bit more talented...other than that he´s the one who has no life...

So you resort to direct attacks where as I was talking about the content and not the person doing it. Wow... For your information, I helped get Yotta/Universal banned for his asshattery.

Apparently trying to promote quality over quantity here gets you labeled a bad guy. Sure thing, let's just keep bringing more junk into the community, It'll definitely keep things "alive".

You've always had a bone to pick with me Raminator. What is it? Do you feel insulted by my messages somehow?

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let the kids have their candy;

so perhaps this'll cause a few crappy mods in the future, why is it such a big deal?

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still want more stuff from Icy do we?

He say everybody some convert things from others games is junk.

Now I want some high quality before you release the mod can you?

That's why the community dead because of people like you Icy!. Mario = Is for children and is true is stay on the game 3+ so is for children but parents can even play.

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
That's why the community dead because of people like you Icy!.

Get your facts right. The community is dying because of lack of quality assets and mods, and it won't be fixed with a couple of ripped assets #Tongue

Anderwin wrote:
Mario = Is for children and is true is stay on the game 3+ so is for children but parents can even play.

Don't ever dis true classic games.

Quote:
Now I want some high quality before you release the mod can you?

WTF? Have you even been to TAKTICS forum?

Go there for 5 minutes, and come back when you've seen what they have.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Mario = Is for children and is true is stay on the game 3+ so is for children but parents can even play.

Actually its more sophisticated than many stories here.

Quote:
Get your facts right. The community is dying because of lack of quality assets and mods, and it won't be fixed with a couple of ripped assets

that all sums up effort,.

people won't really learn anything worth while if you do it for them.

I converted SC/Diablo 2/etc junk aeons ago for the learning experience working in PSP7 and Animation shop at the time and SHP builder later on.

Dealing with so many frames, using straight ahead animation..then doing silly things like merging the succubi from Diablo 1 & 2, to create a jumpjet like unit with flying and walking. That was fun. and using palettes to colorize units such as the default and into a nice orange fire ant.

but this attempt in the long run where is the motivation or challenge to create, model, animate or design something? Hell even networking because of this "need/want", but it will is simply sit complacent..

oh well. :p

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So guys. honestly what would you like me to do? Take them all down? Lay down and die? Get real. Civ3 is one of my favorite games of all time. Right up there with Yuri's revenge. So I said one time, why not combine the two? So I went about and started the mod up. I found that the assets can be converted, I forget how exactly, but I found that it could be done. I said to myself "These are pretty good!" And they are. They are high quality. Why you call them garbage I don't know, but please show me some higher quality sprites! And I released them. Why not? People could use them, so why not be curtious?

As for the arguement of providing assets wont help the people out, then why even have a shp and voxel forum? Why even put up animations for download? Shouldn't they do it themselves?

And Icy, is there soemthing personal you have against me? I mean really, I'm not even the first person to make civ3 -> to .shp conversions. In fact, I'm not even the first to put up a tutorial (mine just varies from him). Suiseiseki did! So why aren't you in that thread complaining? Does my e-penis intimidate you?

Don't turn this into a thread about mario being a good game or not or civ3 vs mario, that has almost no relevance. I converted some stuff, and I posted it up. How the ztype did affect anyone whatsoever in a negative fashion? This topic must be cleansed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon